Sign in to follow this  
darkrebellion

Your favorite "villian" ?

My favorite villain would have to be the Lich King who I use as my avatar. Or Hogger, the first elite enemy that players encounter in WoW, thought of by many as the Chuck Norris of WoW

Edited by Arthas

and last and least SPONGEBOB :oh: : no discription needed

xD

My favourites:

SW: Darth Vader, but Tarkin isn't bad at all! :tongue:

LOTR: Sauron. There aren't many to choose. :classic:

IJ: Belloq. The first IJ villain I saw. :thumbup:

Other: Colonel Haken and Erwin from Irregular Webcomic. :laugh:

I don't think I can add too much more to the list! But when I was around 14 I picked up this game for the Playstation called Final Fantasy 7, some of you may have heard of it :laugh: Back then I thought Sephiroth was a pretty vile villain but deeply complex. Darth Maul is another villain I liked. He had a lot of hype behind him and was mysterious-you wanted to know more! Sadly, he wound up being reduced to just a small handful of scenes

I've just started watching the brilliant anime Monster, and my goodness the badguy is a monster, there is simply no other way to describe him.

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

mine would be the master (richard gray)

His changing voice was great, I love Frank Horrigan too. But my favorite villian is:

"SS Officier Colonel Hans Landa" as he presents himself :)

If this counts, I'd day my favorite villain(s) would have to be the T-Rex(es) from Jurassic Park, and The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

They can't help how they are, they're just hungry. :grin:All the time.

I just wouldn't want to be anyone who was eaten in the films. :laugh:

If this counts, I'd day my favorite villain(s) would have to be the T-Rex(es) from Jurassic Park, and The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

I don't think they would count as villains, seeing how in-movie they were just doing what was natural.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

You seem to be obsessed with the Lost World recently. *huh*

My favorite villains are the Martians from (the book) War of the Worlds. They were some of the first Sci-Fi villains ever created and were very evil.

Like others, Makuta Teridax AKA The Makuta is one of my favorite villains, and is also one of the biggest reasons why I love the Bionicle storyline so much. While many other stories used to market toy lines generally have weak villians who rarely win and rarely succeed at everything, Makuta was allowed to win an ongoing battle after eight years and take over an entire universe, destroying all his brothers and exiling his rival in the process. Of course, in the end he will probably lose, but it's good to know that in the process he was allowed a generous measure of success that will hopefully make his downfall even more epic. :sweet:

Also, while many Batman fans generally praise the villians of BTAS over the villians of any other series, I personally am a big fan of a few of the villians from The Batman. While that show often struggled with many of its interpretations of classic Batman foes, in several cases it improved on the standards set by previous animated series. Riddler became extremely sinister and totally in control of his riddles, Clayface became very tragic and served as the Harvey-Dent/Two Face of that particular show, and Hugo Strange became a complex and maniuplative psychological threat that nearly tricked Batman into turning the entire city of Gotham into horrible monsters. These villians are some of the reasons why I enjoy the Batman despite it's large share of poor or mediocre episodes (particularly in the first season), and I'm glad it managed to get five seasons in a climate where many shows generally don't make it beyond two. :wink:

On another note, I would also like to add Darth Vader to this list, but after the way the prequels tarnished his legacy and destroyed his character, I really can't view him the same way I used to. :sadnew:

As has been mentioned over in the anime/cartoons thread, I've just finished Monster, a 74 episode anime that is simply mindblowing. Johan, the titular monster is easily one of the scariest, greatest and even most fleshed out of villains I've seen.

Let's take a look at this monster shall we?

60johan.jpg

MonsterJohan2.jpg

"Look at me! Look at me! The monster inside of me has grown so big!"

Villains...love those, they make stories interesting. Especially when they're in a grey area, when you're not sure if they're a real villain or not.

My fave villains:

- Darth Vader (Star Wars) I just liked his presence and how it affected everything around him. And his final moment action of course. ^^

- Edgeworth (Phoenix Wright) a prosecutor, I had a semi-crush on him when I played the game, don't ask -_- he's cute.

- Weyoun (Star Trek) weyoun 1, weyoun 2, weyoun 10, it doesn't matter how often you kill him, this man will always return!

Mine has to be Deacon for Waterworld. he's just a badass.

Darth Vader, not very original, I know, but he's good at being bad. Ralph Mcquarrie knew what he was doing when he designed him, nazi samurai helmet, buldog face... James earl Jones his voice... Darth Maul was pretty good also, but didn't get enough screentime.

Cell from Dragon Ball Z, I really like how he's designed aswell, the story behind it is also very good, as a kid, ling ago, I really enjoyed the DBZ episodes at that time.

The Predator, he's not the typical villain, but he's just so very cool.

But I don't like the new Joker, sorry, but he's overhiped. I only liked Jack Nicholson as the Joker.

"Villian" is such a wide and varied field... It's very difficult to choose! There's quite a few of my favorites that I've been surprised to not see brought up in the discussion.

Davy Jones from POTC comes to mind - his mythic history with Calypso and Bill Nighy's performance (and the tentacles) make him a pretty complex villian for the last two movies. Barbossa deserves a mention as well, despite turning good by At World's End (as good as a pirate can be anyway. I find the characters and their motivations in POTC very interesting.)

Delores Umbridge is the quite possibly the most despicable character ever created with the written word. You just hate her, so SO much in Order of the Phoenix. Despite not being the main villian of the piece, she's the most loathsome character in all of Harry Potter.

The White Witch from The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. Always winter and never Christmas? What kind of twisted mind does that?

Professor Moriarty is an interesting character, a man of such intense intellect using it for evil, and with great effectiveness. And then he tries to kill our beloved Sherlock! Despite appearing in only one story, Moriarty is still the third most famous character in Holmesian canon, and with good reason.

And, perhaps my most favorite, Dr. Horrible from the eponymous sing-along blog! He's undoubtedly villianous, not a hero, nor an anti-hero, yet he's the protagonist, and he's so lovable. It's quite enigmatic. But I do love it so. If you haven't watched it, you should. It's available for free on the interwebz.

On the topic of villians, the Techland blog (former tagline "If it could get you killed in high school, we've got it") has recently run a rather wonderful Monster March Madness, pitting sixty-four fictional villians against each other. A summary page can be found on this post. They even did a bracket! (Spoiler: Darth Vader won. It's sort of a foregone conclusion, really.)

Edited by Tereglith

As has been mentioned over in the anime/cartoons thread, I've just finished Monster, a 74 episode anime that is simply mindblowing. Johan, the titular monster is easily one of the scariest, greatest and even most fleshed out of villains I've seen.

Let's take a look at this monster shall we?

60johan.jpg

MonsterJohan2.jpg

"Look at me! Look at me! The monster inside of me has grown so big!"

I couldn't agree more. Although I've only read 7 of the manga books, it's very well described/drawn/said how good he's at being a villain. You made me again interested to pick up Monster again, and to buy the other numbers of it. And to wacht the anime, but I should be careful not to run forward on the manga.

Hannibal Lecter is also a great villain, Anthony Hopkins was just perfect for that role. Lord Voldemort as described in the Harry Potter books is also a great villain, albeit not a super smart one (that makes him more human, though).

Darth Vader isn't a stereotype villain to me, just someone who got mislead by his thoughts. And by the cookies. :tongue:

My favorite villian must be Sylar or Joker..or maybe Darth Maul?

Tough one.

Minxter

Edited by Minxter

Darth Krayt. Look him up. Also, the original MNOG Makuta, the little Matoran one. He's just hilarious. :laugh: