Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

CONTEST: Pillage the Village - Terms & Conditions

I know this is using "System Pirates" only (I.e. no space pirates) but what about the victims? I don't have any Pirate-era imperial figs, only a few pirates. Can we have the pirates pillage modern day folks or figs from another theme?

I can't wait to show my entry!!!

This is the best lego site ever with the best contest ever!!!

Thanks for putting this on EB!!!

GORF :jollyroger:

Sounds like fun!

Question: Minifigures/scale required or can we build with miniland scale/fabuland scale, or a cross-breed figure. :pir-skull:

When I first learned of this contest of epic proportions, I had a neat and unique idea, but it won't be minifig scale. Is that ok?

Most likely a very obvious answer, but what does

mean? You cant build with plates on a baseplate? You cant set one baseplate on top of another? Cant stack plates to equal the height of a brick? None of these options sound correct to me, but its all I can think of...Please help!

I believe I may be able to help you here. Say you have a 16x16 stud maximum building area, you can't overlap plates on the edges to make the building area. Basically, nothing can be built over the edge of the maximium length. But then again, you may be allowed to have a bowsprit etc. hanging over. But Phes can decide.

What do you mean by no digital entries allowed? No digital camera? Or do you mean a digital background like Jipay's avatar?
I believe he means no LDD entries.

Yes. This question will not be answered again.

Can we have the pirates pillage modern day folks or figs from another theme?

No. You can use modern figures if they don't look out of place, but (for example) castle ones would fit in better and shouldn't be too hard to find.

Question: Minifigures/scale required or can we build with miniland scale/fabuland scale, or a cross-breed figure. :pir-skull:

Not a problem.

Yes, is Fabuland allowed? :pir-wink:

I can't see any reason why not...

I'm paranoid, so this idea was REMOVED. Come up with your own MOCs. :pir-tongue:

:pir-grin:

(Man, I hope no one steals this...)

Thanks, I'm glad the Fabuland option is present. :pir-devil:

Come on, someone's gotta Fabuland-ize a contest entry! :pir-grin:

Edited by Adam

Just to make sure, is this contest open to all members of Eurobricks, no matter where they live? So the prizes will be delivered anywhere?

I'm only asking this because so many websites limit the countries eligible for their contests, and that has irritated me to no end several times. :tongue:

But yes, I will surely participate in this with at least one creation. This contest is too huge to be missed out! :wink:

Just to make sure, is this contest open to all members of Eurobricks, no matter where they live? So the prizes will be delivered anywhere?

I'm only asking this because so many websites limit the countries eligible for their contests, and that has irritated me to no end several times. :tongue:

Many websites are silly, we are not. :pir_laugh2:

This contest is open to any EB member in good standing, worldwide, unless there is some law that prevents shipping LEGO to your country, which is something I've never heard of.

Many websites are silly, we are not. :pir_laugh2:

This contest is open to any EB member in good standing, worldwide, unless there is some law that prevents shipping LEGO to your country, which is something I've never heard of.

Ah good. I didn't even think to ask that. Well I don't think there is a law against shipping Lego to Australia, and if there is, I am in a huge amount of trouble! :pir_laugh2:

I just thought... Can we have Islanders attacking Pirates? I'm sure it's OK, but I was just wondering. :pir-blush:

Also, my other question that I asked before but nobody answered;

In the six or less photos we post, are we allowed one that is not of the MOC but of the minifigs in it, or something like that?

:skull:

Q&A up in the first post!

What do you mean by no digital entries allowed? No digital camera? Or do you mean a digital background like Jipay's avatar?

No LDD or MLCAD, but digital camerasare allowed. You may "clean up" images and edit in backgrounds, but special effects (cannon fire e.t.c) and editing the actual MOC (removing supports, colourising bricks) are not.

Ok, I'm still wondering: What is the "Creative Critic" category we saw on the prize pool sheet?

Also, do ships have to be, say, attacking a town? Shelling a fort? Or can they be standalone? Can they be Imperial?

Standalone is fine, but remember that people will be looking for cruelty. Imperial is fine, as is pirate, armada - and islander :pir-laugh:

I was thinking that. There will be loads of entries, and having them all put in the normal Pirate forum might get a bit crowded, so maybe a sub-forum would be good. :thumbup:

By the way, in the six or less photos we post, are we allowed one that is not of the MOC but of the minifigs in it, or something like that?

A sub-forum is a lot of effort for one contest, and would just be merged with the main forum afterwards...

Minifig photos are fine.

I know this is using "System Pirates" only (I.e. no space pirates) but what about the victims? I don't have any Pirate-era imperial figs, only a few pirates. Can we have the pirates pillage modern day folks or figs from another theme?

You can do pirate vd pirate if you want (e.g. blue hats vs red hats) :pir-wink:

Fabuland Pirates...meh.

I just thought... Can we have Islanders attacking Pirates? I'm sure it's OK, but I was just wondering. :pir-blush:

Yup.

I believe I may be able to help you here. Say you have a 16x16 stud maximum building area, you can't overlap plates on the edges to make the building area. Basically, nothing can be built over the edge of the maximium length. But then again, you may be allowed to have a bowsprit etc. hanging over. But Phes can decide.

Yeah. I knew it would be obvious, and now that its been spelled out for me, it makes perfect sense....Thanks Cap'n Zuloo

Can we use customs, like arealight, or brickarms?

Yes, I would realy want to knwo this too.

Yes, I would realy want to knwo this too.

I wouldn't think so as in the rules it states that you can only use official Lego bricks. I think it would be easiest to just stick with the official ones.