Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

today I want to share this little push along train (can I call it train? :laugh:) with you!

The idea of assembling this little convoy came to me when I found the handcar and the fantastic manual crane on Rebrickable, I've only changed the wheelbase of the handcar and the coupling system to handle standard LEGO curves.

Have fun with the video and images:

lcrane-001.jpg

lcrane-002.jpg

lcrane-004.jpg

lcrane-006.jpg

lcrane-007.jpg

lcrane-003.jpg

lcrane-012.jpg

See you soon! :classic:

LT12V

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

Posted (edited)

Great MOC! But working a handcar is hard work... pulling a single car with one is EXTREMLEY hard work, and you gave them two! I feel sorry for your minifigs, to be honest. :laugh:

Edited by Murdoch17

Hi Emanuele,

I truly love this. The smaller the MOCs the harder it gets (as far as I am concerned). I really like your attention to detail - not only when you build super trains (as in super cars ...) and you built many(!!!), no also when it comes to hardworking individuals on the track. And that is a lovely crane!

All the best,
Thorsten

(P.S.: Still studying the code, your son wrote - I am slow - but please congratulate him on his work!!!)

57 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Great MOC! But working a handcar is hard work... pulling a single car with one is EXTREMLEY hard work, and you gave them two!

Thanks @Murdoch17!

I hadn't thought about this but you're probably right :laugh: ...so just short commutes and only one hour of work out! :wink:

30 minutes ago, Toastie said:

That is a lovely crane!

(P.S.: Still studying the code, your son wrote - I am slow - but please congratulate him on his work!!!)

I love this crane too ...is so cute! :blush:

About the code don't warry about that ...as already said it is incomprehensible to me, so I'm worse than slow: I'm stopped! :grin:

Indeed, that is tiny impressive. As Toastie already said, "the smaller the MOCs the harder it gets." And I had the same thought as Murdoch17, two trailers on one handcar... oooof!

Great work getting so much detail in such a small MOC.

Lovely little MOC this - I always love the tiny things people come up with on here.

1 hour ago, zephyr1934 said:

And I had the same thought as Murdoch17, two trailers on one handcar... oooof!

There must be some pretty high tech engineering inside it to reduce the amount of energy needed.

15 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

There must be some pretty high tech engineering inside it to reduce the amount of energy needed.

Hmmm. True:

The gear reduction on this one could be almost infinite, maybe Emanuele has invented a very small almost frictionless gear box, which is mounted under the "hood". And then flux compression (invented in 1955) and voilà: What takes ages in the purely mechanical world takes only seconds outside of Einstein's laws limiting everything to the speed of light ...  

Things really get cheap and small nowadays.:pir-laugh:

Best,
Thorsten

9 hours ago, Sérgio said:

Cute and well-detailed for his size!

Thanks Sérgio you're always welcome! :classic:

4 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

And I had the same thought as Murdoch17, two trailers on one handcar... oooof!

Maybe that's why the operator is so smiling in the last image... did he get rid of the ballast? :devil::laugh:

2 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Eh eh eh ...we leave the answer to this question to @Toastie ...here we're talking about the cancellation of friction and speed of light ...but also of brute force as @Phil B suggest! :head_back: 

Perhaps it's typical of such small things to also be funny, like it's funny when an adult turns back into a child playing with toy trains :grin: ...Lego is this too! :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you all ...LT12V :wink:

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Thank you all ...LT12V

Town, as in EB :pir-huzzah2:

EDIT: Respectfully (end edit) Yours,
Thorsten

Edited by Toastie
forgot "respectfully"

Great small setup. I could so see this on a Wild West style railway. Kudos.

On 3/20/2024 at 3:38 PM, Feuer Zug said:

I could so see this on a Wild West style railway. Kudos.

I agree, this little train is to be added to my USA trains :classic:

35 minutes ago, Gioppa said:

it is supercute!

Thanks Gioppa, you're always kind! :thumbup:

Coupling system issues solved! Nice.
I bought these instructions a while back but haven't been able to use then on the layout with the Speeder because of the coupling system. I have tried articulating the axles on one end, but it raises the height by a plate and ruins the aesthetic. Changing the coupler to a receiver on both sides and using a double ball end is inspired! I'm going to change the couplings on mine to the same, then I'll be able to actually use it on the layout!

14 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Nice ones again.

Thanks @Man with a hat! :classic:

9 hours ago, Toxic43 said:

Coupling system issues solved! Nice.
I bought the Speeder I'm going to change the couplings on mine to the same, then I'll be able to actually use it on the layout!

Thank you very much @Toxic43 I will build the Speeder so I will finally be able to drive the convoy and leave the trolley operator without an excessive load for everyone's joy! :laugh:

As promised, I built the small shunter (as suggested by @Toxic43) to leave the man on the handcar free ...so that no one gets tired anymore and to guarantee the small convoy a decent speed! :wink::laugh:

lshunter-001.jpg

lshunter-002.jpg

lshunter-003.jpg

lshunter-004.jpg

lshunter-005.jpg

lshunter-006.jpg

lshunter-009.jpg

lshunter-010.jpg

Wonderful! 

I can imagine the wok crew pulling up in the speeder train and the relief shift arriving on the pump cart. 

I'm also kicking myself that I didn't think of that coupling solution! It is brilliant. I have swapped mine back to the standard fixed axles and set up your drawbar solution. It works a treat!

7 hours ago, Toxic43 said:

I'm also kicking myself that I didn't think of that coupling solution! It is brilliant. I have swapped mine back to the standard fixed axles and set up your drawbar solution. It works a treat!

Thank you, you are too kind! :blush:

I would never have tolerated having this nice trainset but only for display on straight tracks! :wink:

Lovely little rail car. It fits the size of the crane and would be perfect for the hauling duties.