Black Falcon

21348 Lego Ideas Dungeons & Dragons and D&D CMF

1 minute ago, Triceron said:

Funny enough, Lego was my proxy for Warhammer when I was too young and Warhammer wasn't widely available and quite expensive at the time.  Gotta say, the customizeability of Lego has come a very long way since the 90's!

Oh yeah.  I used to use plain black heads for my villains back in the 80's because we just had humans back then.  Things now are amazing and all the different colors and different bricks is just crazy now.  

3 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

The leaked rough image of the set just got taken down from the Reddit by their legal team... That gains points towards credibility, but also makes me wonder how much they want to keep it under wraps. Most blurry images are fine to stay up unless they're watermarked confidential, but this one seemed to get special treatment...

Apparently it was watermarked, but some had it removed with AI or similar :shrug_oh_well:

38 minutes ago, Mopasali said:

I'm not knocking Warhammer, but when I compare my Lego addiction.... Lego has advantages!  Swap out a head or cape or flag and allegiances change without getting paint everywhere.  Lego sets and CMF series are strangely a bargain in price.  

Exactly my thought. Normal figures will always wear the same clothes unless you have a second one with different painting. And you can also just swap out weapons a fig is holding quickly.

There is an updated details on the DnD cmf on reddit.  So many new molds, prints, and some animals in there too.  This will be my favorite CMF of all time.  September can't come quick enough.  

3 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

There is an updated details on the DnD cmf on reddit.  So many new molds, prints, and some animals in there too.  This will be my favorite CMF of all time.  September can't come quick enough.  

What subreddit?

Just now, novareb said:

What subreddit?

legoleak

2 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

legoleak

Thanks, found it! Loving this, def buying a case. Excited to see the Mindflayer, Warlock, Tiefling, and Strahd! I feel like there's a couple things missing though- would love to see some characters from the OG Baldur's Gate- I know those are M, but like... Strahd got in. I remember him being a little intense. I guess cool vampire may sell well though

6 minutes ago, novareb said:

Thanks, found it! Loving this, def buying a case. Excited to see the Mindflayer, Warlock, Tiefling, and Strahd! I feel like there's a couple things missing though- would love to see some characters from the OG Baldur's Gate- I know those are M, but like... Strahd got in. I remember him being a little intense. I guess cool vampire may sell well though

Strahd has a red eyed rat, that's great.  The Mindflayer with  molded head and molded intellect devourer is exciting.  Can't wait to see the  Aarakocra head also.  I'm buying as many as possible.  The dragonborn Paladin sound great with that new armor piece.    Plus my youngest son is also very excited for these. 

Edited by zoth33

I too, liked the DAD-HAT movie, although it was a bit daggy at times.

12 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Some stuff from HP has ended up there on PAB.  

12 hours ago, Triceron said:

Doubt anything specific like unique character heads, but any reused parts for other sets like maybe the mushroom people (already in Dreamzzz) could be put up there.

Fingers crossed then:excited:

15 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

There are some people out there that already use Lego for their roleplaying so I can totaly see this happening. In the end Lego has a lot advantages compared to the usual figures and evnviroments used as it is way more cutomizable and changable. I mean you could build a whole playboard with working traps, movable walls and secret passages aswell as customized opponents. I think when you have begun doing so it will be hard to stop ;).

Yep. All the “silver” black falcon figs from the BAM tower at my local store where snapped up by the DnD crowd.

4 hours ago, Ben S said:

Fingers crossed then:excited:

Very little, if anything, that is exclusive to CMF ends up in online PAB. For the regular set there is a small chance but errors putting licensed items on there are less common than they used to be.

7 hours ago, Rjbricks said:

Yep. All the “silver” black falcon figs from the BAM tower at my local store where snapped up by the DnD crowd.

Interesting. How did you know it was them?

4 hours ago, MAB said:

Very little, if anything, that is exclusive to CMF ends up in online PAB. For the regular set there is a small chance but errors putting licensed items on there are less common than they used to be.

Yes, my hopes are only on the set, sure there are interesting minifigure pieces in it. Locked in a 360$ set, though. CMF parts are more accessible anyway. I will pick them for sure.

3 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Interesting. How did you know it was them?

I asked the people at the Lego store whether they’d get any more in and they told me why the existing stock had gone.

Looking forward to the CMF line if it’s legit. The set leaves me a bit underwhelmed for some reason. Not sure I can justify £360 with Rivendell and the Market square still to get.

and the ahsok ship still taunts me with the cool medieval style helmet…

Edited by Rjbricks

31 minutes ago, Rjbricks said:

I asked the people at the Lego store whether they’d get any more in and they told me why the existing stock had gone.

Stll interesting they knew that then though. I mean you don´t exactly go there and tell everyone, well I want them for D&D. Anyways, if it wouldn´t have been them, it would be castle fans and resellers. I think avaiability of those figures was quite bad, because they were quite popular.

31 minutes ago, Rjbricks said:

Looking forward to the CMF line if it’s legit. The set leaves me a bit underwhelmed for some reason. Not sure I can justify £360 with Rivendell and the Market square still to get.

and the ahsok ship still taunts me with the cool medieval style helmet…

I would wait for the final pictures to show up before judging it. I mean we don´t even know how the minifigures really look and so on. Eitherway there is still time to get that set, not like we would have to buy it day one. Though, I also still have enough Sets I want to get but very likely I won´t get all of them - not that I actually would have the space for any lol.

3 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

Looks good. Great torso.

I think I'm going to mod all of the characters when I get mine, finally going to add some elves into my realm! if we get lucky and the elf castle wins the BDP 4 we will be eating good!

I guess that is a new shield print the fig is holding? Prancing green horse on yellow and orange background maybe?

Edited by Roebuck

23 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wonder if the trans-red skull is a printed minifig head or the moulded Ninjago skull  *oh2* The latter would be amazing! 

Printed minifig head. Its the normal skull print, just on a trans-red head

3 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Looks good. Great torso.

But a shame he was poked in the eye. 

I hope those ears are light nougat. Customzing is a pain now they have the wide variety of fleshtones.

12 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

I think I'm going to mod all of the characters when I get mine, finally going to add some elves into my realm! if we get lucky and the elf castle wins the BDP 4 we will be eating good!

This fig is from the set.  Are you getting the set and all the CMF's?  Yeah that castle is nice in BDP I voted for it.  

8 hours ago, MAB said:

But a shame he was poked in the eye. 

I hope those ears are light nougat. Customzing is a pain now they have the wide variety of fleshtones.

I'm sure it has an alternate face like most of the cmf's do

10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I guess that is a new shield print the fig is holding? Prancing green horse on yellow and orange background maybe?

Looks also to have a border on the shield.  I can't tell the color of the horse but it looks dark.  

fig looks great.  Can't wait to see both the set and the figs.  Better pics of the set should come next month.  

The CMF series sounds amazing! The only thing that I am disappointed with is that the heads have male and female alternate printing; I would rather get separate heads, so that they are more reusable and we (potentially) get more expressions overall.
Also, it would be nice if the tiefling were red instead of orange, so that the Nexo Knights lava monster pieces can be used with the hair/horns piece (as it will presumably have moulded ears).