Garmadon

Challenge I: A Storm Brewing

4 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Plans are for public voting (sometime week of April 1st) followed by official results out no later than the 8th of April.

Thank you for the update!  :pir-thumb:

Where is all the planning for this?  I can't seem to find it in the forum - is it on Substack?

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

Thank you for the update!  :pir-thumb:

Where is all the planning for this?  I can't seem to find it in the forum - is it on Substack?

No problem! Outside of the Brethren Court here on eurobricks, most of the conversation has been on the Lego pirates discord in the BotBS tabs.

17 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

No problem! Outside of the Brethren Court here on eurobricks, most of the conversation has been on the Lego pirates discord in the BotBS tabs.

Thank ye for the update!  I'll catch up on that in the near future.

But for the benefit of BoBS newcomers or general observers who haven't joined the Discord, it may be beneficial to post some information on voting and winner selection in the forum so they know what to expect.

30 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Thank ye for the update!  I'll catch up on that in the near future.

But for the benefit of BoBS newcomers or general observers who haven't joined the Discord, it may be beneficial to post some information on voting and winner selection in the forum so they know what to expect.

For sure. We've been in discussion about that, but I'll pass that along to the rest of the crew as well. With the onset of the new ERA we hope to all be more active here as well.

5 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

For sure. We've been in discussion about that

I'm having trouble locating that discussion nor do I have permission to post in the botbs-chat channel.

So I that I am able to write a blog post for the weekend to instruct people on how to vote, I'm looking for the relevant information to include.

image.png

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I'm having trouble locating that discussion nor do I have permission to post in the botbs-chat channel.

So I that I am able to write a blog post for the weekend to instruct people on how to vote, I'm looking for the relevant information to include.

image.png

@evancelt can give you the proper permissions to view it. I'll let everyone on discord know as well what you're looking for. 👍 

4 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Should be good to go!

Posted (edited)

I am so pumped to finally share this with you guys. I've been working on it literally since the day after my original post in this thread, February Third. And I just finished it tonight and have it ready to share with you all.

Ironhook the Third and Sharktooth Tower 

cfhE7H3.jpeg

Edited by MightyThorngren
Added the name of my build to the post, I was so excited to share I forgot to say what it was called. also attached photo

Will I be able to participate in future instalments of brethren of the brick seas if I missed submitting this round? I can try to pull something together if it’s required. 

9 minutes ago, SevenDeadlyStreamers said:

Will I be able to participate in future instalments of brethren of the brick seas if I missed submitting this round? I can try to pull something together if it’s required. 

There will certainly be more challenges in the near future and ERA 3 of Brethren of the Brick Seas will tentatively be launching this Summer allowing a whole new wave of players to join, build, and experience the fun! Keep an eye out for upcoming info.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SevenDeadlyStreamers said:

Yes! The idea is indeed to use these “TC” (transition challenges) as a way to both keep our world active as we finish redefining the “game rules”, and to let external people know about it!

Apart from the challenges, you could join a faction and start telling your story whenever you want, even if some mechanics of the game are currently under revision.

In general, you can enter the game at any time. At the beginning, older players will probably have more accumulated “points”, but this doesn’t really matter for the game dynamics!

Edited by Keymonus

A quick last minute entry for cat b:

Posted (edited)

Challenge 1's deadline for submissions has been extended by a week.

New deadline is Sunday April 7th!

On 3/30/2024 at 4:51 PM, SevenDeadlyStreamers said:

Please do! And the deadline for challenge 1 s extended to Sunday the 7th!

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

On 4/2/2024 at 12:00 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Challenge 1's deadline for submissions has been extended by a week.

New deadline is Sunday April 7th!

Please do! And the deadline for challenge 1 s extended to Sunday the 7th!

I built a MOC, and I’ve came up with a short story to go along with it. I’m hoping to have it put together this weekend to share with all of you!

On 3/30/2024 at 8:03 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

There will certainly be more challenges in the near future and ERA 3 of Brethren of the Brick Seas will tentatively be launching this Summer allowing a whole new wave of players to join, build, and experience the fun! Keep an eye out for upcoming info.

I’ve read somewhere that there’s a Discord. Is it active? It might be easier if I drop my questions there (I read a lot of the lore and boy there’s a lot)

On 3/30/2024 at 8:08 PM, Keymonus said:

Yes! The idea is indeed to use these “TC” (transition challenges) as a way to both keep our world active as we finish redefining the “game rules”, and to let external people know about it!

Apart from the challenges, you could join a faction and start telling your story whenever you want, even if some mechanics of the game are currently under revision.

In general, you can enter the game at any time. At the beginning, older players will probably have more accumulated “points”, but this doesn’t really matter for the game dynamics!

I think I grasp most of the starting points. I have created my character and know what faction I’d like to join. I also created a couple MOCs to aid in story telling. Hopefully I can get it all ready before the deadline!

1 hour ago, SevenDeadlyStreamers said:

I’ve read somewhere that there’s a Discord. Is it active? It might be easier if I drop my questions there (I read a lot of the lore and boy there’s a lot)

Yes, here's the Discord link! https://discord.gg/dsgfUgM7be

21 hours ago, SevenDeadlyStreamers said:

I built a MOC, and I’ve came up with a short story to go along with it. I’m hoping to have it put together this weekend to share with all of you!

Looking forward to it! Welcome!

My entry to Challenge 1 (Cat.A)

Also, I just introduced my sigfig Cap’n Tongs and joined the Sea Rats faction!

Thank you everyone who has wished me a warm welcome!