Sign in to follow this  
jtooker

GoH 11: Batuhan Trading Post

Batuhan Trading Post

Batuhan Trading Post

Located in the northwest of Kaliphlin, outside of Batuhan, is a bustling trading post. Positioned at the crossroads between Eastgate to the west, Barqa to the south, and Avalonia to the north, it is the ideal location for Kaliphlinians to acquire rare essential commodities, such as lumber.

Today, the post is overrun with livestock, and the stable is full. Additional guards from Batuhan have been dispatched to ensure that all trade is legal and properly taxed.

Goats Being Bought  

I created this trading post for the Guilds of Historica’s Challenge 11. It has been great developing the looks of this scrubland between Kaliphlin and Avalonia.

Proprietor on Her Porch  

Shepherd with his Flock  

Goats Being Bought  

The Stables are Full

A Monkey Chases a Chicken

Good, balanced build. I especially appreciate the fence around the sheep. Gives the feeling of being used for a long time.

What a beautiful and lively scene this is! And there is so much going on in this colorful build. There are so many animals, even a monkey! Love it!

So much activity!  Love the rack of capes for sale, the flock of sheep, the monkey pulling the chicken's feathers... Great job too maintaining a dry Kaliphlin aesthetic but out in a more woody area.

A pretty scene teeming with life (human and animal!) Two pieces in particular catch my eye, the white piece that forms magnificent wisps of smoke and the two dark red pieces used for the pennants!

This trading post is very busy despite being small.  The amount of details packed in here is impressive.  The stables, all the animals, goats on a cart just wonderful.  I like the monkey chasing the chicken.  I like the use of the printed tiles throughout the build to give some contrast.  Nice build.  

Nice bustling feel in the entire build, with lots of details to discover! The overall immersive feeling is strengthened by the "all Lego" photography/presentation :thumbup:
Good job incorporating all the animals 🐐🐑

Only nitpick is probably that the ground and the roofs are a bit too similar.

I love how busy this scene is! So many details to see everywhere. It feels so crowded - just like a real marked shoud be :-). And I also like the presentation: The light blue background for the sky gives a nice contrast to the build by itself which is dominated by tan and brown. Great job!

Gorgeous build! Lots of animals and I can feel the people shouting, feels like a market for sure