Spur II aus Klemmbaust

[MOC]: Brockenlok 99 236 (Harzbulle) of the Harzer Schmalspurbahnen (HSB) in scale 1:22,5 (gauge IIm)

Hello everyone,
after a long time without a new locomotive, I would like to introduce you to my newest MOC: 99 236 of the Harz narrow-gauge railways (HSB). The model is my most complex one until now (11 months of construction time, over 5,000 bricks).

About the original:
The 99 236 (formerly 99 7236-5) has been my absolute favorite locomotive for as long as I can remember. Therefore, it was clear that when the time came and after I had some experience with building MOCs (99 1782-4, Mallet 11sm) I had to build this machine out of Lego.

About the model:
The locomotive is completely to scale and is powered by two L-motors on one axle. I'm a little proud of the slanted driver's cab windows, the slanted tender and the snow clearers, which cost me a lot of work. The MOC can run on standard garden railway tracks of gauge IIm (gauge 45mm).

As always, I have put together a short video with detailed shots, driving videos and, as a bonus, a ride with the great role model from Wernigerode to Drei Annen Hohne. I hope you enjoy watching it.

Best regards,
Niklas

Lovely model. I have fond memories of the same journey from Wernigerode, pulled by the same class of loco. The operating running gear is very cool. Does it run on straights only or can it cope with LGB R5 curves? Also I wonder why you use plates rather than bricks on the outside layers? For strength or appearance? Good job!

Brilliant work! It evokes memories of taking the ride from Wernigerode to Schierke in winter.

On 1/19/2024 at 1:20 PM, idlemarvel said:

Lovely model. I have fond memories of the same journey from Wernigerode, pulled by the same class of loco. The operating running gear is very cool. Does it run on straights only or can it cope with LGB R5 curves? Also I wonder why you use plates rather than bricks on the outside layers? For strength or appearance? Good job!

Thank you very much. R5 does not work but a radius bigger than that should be possible. To make it simple I have filmed it on straights ;-)

I only use plates because with them the locomotives are much more stable. I also need plates to build in all the details and because I don‘t like a combination of plates and bricks (this does not look very uniform) I build with plates only.

On 1/19/2024 at 4:06 PM, zephyr1934 said:

Very impressive build with an incredible amount of detail

On 1/20/2024 at 1:58 AM, Shiva said:

Nice locomotive :)

16 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Brilliant work! It evokes memories of taking the ride from Wernigerode to Schierke in winter.

14 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow what a miracle of technique ....beautifully model, perfectly made! :wub_drool:

Thank you all! 

I can see the Brocken from where i live, but it's been quite some time since my last ride with the Brockenbahn. Your model captures the locomotive perfectly! So good! :wub:

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, attached is a short video with my 99 236 in the Harz. I was very lucky that day because the train to the Brocken was hauled by the real 99 236. This resulted in a direct comparison between the model and the MOC. Have fun watching. ☺️

Greetings, Nik

Edited by Spur II aus Klemmbaust