Clone OPatra

Disney Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

I cant believe they are still going with those ugly black background boxes for the +18 sets

I know its meant to look like a deluxe product or whatever but its just awful...

The bigger Simba is an exact copy of the one that leaked all this time ago (minus more tan bricks on his chest), so no surprises there.

It's a good set, but I feel like something is missing. Not a particularly thrilling set to get imo.

Looking back at the leak, I guess this does look near identical. Still, I can’t help but look at the official reveal and think, there’s a lot going on with the lower jaw. The images on the back of the box look fine, but the front image make his jaw look so ugly.

*sound of hope cracking* 

I guess we haven't heard anything about the buildable Donald Duck either so that's 2 sets from the survey not manifesting (or 1 was reworked into a minidoll set)

Would genuinely love to see what the results of the survey were; must not have been very promising results for the minifigure Dragon set.

28 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

*sound of hope cracking* 

I guess we haven't heard anything about the buildable Donald Duck either so that's 2 sets from the survey not manifesting (or 1 was reworked into a minidoll set)

Would genuinely love to see what the results of the survey were; must not have been very promising results for the minifigure Dragon set.

Very strange. That set was amazing. Versus something like the Sorting Hat which was also in the survey.

I have zero basis for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the larger Maleficent dragon just got delayed a bit--maybe a 2025 or even 2026 release.

I have to imagine if the buildable Donald is happening at all we'll hear about it in the next month or two. Donald Duck's 90th anniversary is in early June, feels like the perfect timing for that kind of set.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, WaitWhatJosh said:

I have to imagine if the buildable Donald is happening at all we'll hear about it in the next month or two. Donald Duck's 90th anniversary is in early June, feels like the perfect timing for that kind of set.

We’ve known for a while that neither the Maleficent diorama nor the Donald figure would be coming this year since there were no Disney set numbers that weren‘t already accounted for :shrug_oh_well: Next year is always a possibility, but it‘s still a bit weird that only two of the survey leak sets don‘t get released this year (or at all, it we‘re unlucky), and both of them being Disney sets.

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

The Lion King sets will drag me back into LEGO for a bit. The smaller set, his mouth area looks really odd. I think the plates under his "cheeks" need to be pink, to look like an open mouth? It just looks strange as it is, so will have to have a play. It may also look better in person, too. The big one looks amazing, and is a certain buy.

Like most, I was hoping for a Pride Rock set, but these are a good alternative.

On 5/15/2024 at 8:01 AM, Murdoch17 said:

What happened to Timon? You can't have one without the other!

Well, yeah, but I always think of them as a duo. I hope they come eventually.

Call me crazy, but I would love to get mini fig scale moulds for Simba, Timon, and Pumba. Scar would be nice as well. 

And as unlikely as it is, I really want this new Ariel hair mould to be released on Pick a Brick. Love this hair piece.

On 5/17/2024 at 10:15 PM, cosmic said:

Call me crazy, but I would love to get mini fig scale moulds for Simba, Timon, and Pumba. Scar would be nice as well. 

no, you are no crazy  i always want Lion King characters coming into Minifigure Planet for years! 

On 5/17/2024 at 7:15 PM, cosmic said:

And as unlikely as it is, I really want this new Ariel hair mould to be released on Pick a Brick. Love this hair piece.

7 hours ago, Lion King said:

no, you are no crazy  i always want Lion King characters coming into Minifigure Planet for years! 

They did Dumbo and Bambi, so why not the Lion King characters?