Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Jbspielwaren showed the instruction booklet from the new sets on Instagram and it shows how the Owlry and Boathouse fit into the new Hogwarts.

If that image represents the true scale of the new Hogwarts, it might be pretty massive.

Surely the "most detailed Hogwarts Castle" statement sets very high expectation for this castle.

I´d rather have new buildings than ones we already have in Diagon Alley - adding new ones to existing ones doesn´t really make it better but rather worse.

I've seen the castle in the booklet. That $200 set is 100% the great hall, courtyard & the tower. That thing looks incredible. Literally like they've brought the castle to life in a way that's never been done in minifigure scale before.

3 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Hey @Alas_Earwax, any chance there was a list of names of the portraits?

Jbspielwaren’s page on instagram has a reel showing the two page spread featuring both the new castle system teaser (with a somewhat blurred structure with outlines for where the boathouse and Owlery fit) on one page, and the collectible portrait checklist on the opposite page. Unfortunately, there are no names on the checklist, just images. 

If the teaser is truly a sneak peak at the design of the new Castle, it looks like the same sections of buildings as the 2018 Micro-scale set though the interior will be Minifig scale this time. If the brown roof piece on the Boathouse is the same as the central tower on the Great Hall we can extrapolate the scale. An even though they are not pictured, hopefully we will see the Long Gallery, Bell Towers, Astronomy Tower, Courtyards and Clock Tower in this castle in the next few years. Not even the 2018 castle had those. 2023 Microscale is the closet we've come to the entire castle, but that left out the Clock Tower. 

aAaOanv.png

Edited by Ferder

@krimimimi None I'm afraid.

The set castle ^ looks fantastic. I know I was critical of them rebooting this again, but I won't pass up on that. It looks like it will be the best minifig-scale Hogwarts to date.

I’m curious if the castle will be built up on a rock base

2 minutes ago, JS038 said:

I’m curious if the castle will be built up on a rock base

With the boathouse it would look kinda strange if not. And in the end there is enough they can display there - also, the most detailed Hogwarts Set should also have the chamber of secrets included.

30 minutes ago, Ferder said:

If the teaser is truly a sneak peak at the design of the new Castle,

The ‘IF’ is what’s giving me pause here. It’s definitely a tantalizing possibility, but the image is blurry for a reason and it’s likely that the summer sets were very much still in the preliminary stages when these booklets were finalized. I’m reluctant to take anything as certain until we actually get some sort of visual confirmation - especially since we don’t even know for sure that the depicted sections of the castle are actually going to be the focus of the summer sets. 

Turning to more abstract speculation - what exclusive minifigs do you guys think will make an appearance in this year's large castle sets? Lego seems to like including desirable characters in those larger sets. 2018’s Great Hall featured the first ever Hufflepuff student and Nearly Headless Nick, and is still the only reboot set that a regularly colored Quirrel has appeared in. 2019’s Clocktower mainly went with exclusive Yule Ball variants, but it remains the only regular set you could purchase Gambon!Dumbledore in. 2020’s Astronomy Tower also featured exclusive Christmas variants, while also introducing Lavender Brown for the first time and rid the only regular retail set to contain a Slughorn minifigure. 2021’s Chamber of Secrets set introduced Professor Sinestra, Colin Creevy, and Justin Finch-Fletchly for the first time (all of whom remain exclusive to that set) and is currently the cheapest way to get Gilderoy Lockhart. 2022 had Dumbledore’s Office, which introduced Madam Pince for the very first time and featured Mrs. Norris for the first time since the reboot (both remain exclusive to that set). The ultimate point being that we’ve had only one large castle set (back in 2019) that didn’t introduce a new character, so I’m wondering who we think has the best chances of appearing this year?

Personally, I’m hoping that the hints of book canon appearing in the Harry Potter theme and video game characters in other themes means we might see Binns or even Peeves. With students, Millicent Bulstrode, Ernie MacMillan, Zacharias Smith, and Alicia Spinnet have all made appearances that might not stand out to a casual viewer but are still easily identifiable. Katie Bell is in a awkward place since she only got lines when Georgina Leonidas only started playing her in HBP, so I suspect it will be similar to the Lavender Brown situation where we only only see her using that actress’s appearance in sets based off later movies. Likewise, Cormac McLaggen isn’t going to appear in sets based off earlier movies like it looks like we’ll be getting this year. I’m also curious if we might see Professor Vector. She never made a credited appearance in the movies, but like with Professor Sinestra, lego assigned her name to one of the more recognizable extras that make appearances at the staff table in the movies, so it’s possible the Lego will make a Minifigure of her since they’ve already done Sinestra. 

18 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

With the boathouse it would look kinda strange if not. And in the end there is enough they can display there - also, the most detailed Hogwarts Set should also have the chamber of secrets included.

And the Philosopher's Stone trials and the Potions Classroom and the Slytherin Common Room and the One-eyed Witch passage to Hogsmead--- many possibilities for a subterrain level. 

Edited by Ferder

5 minutes ago, Ferder said:

And the Philosopher's Stone trials and the Potions Classroom and the Slytherin Common Room and the One-eyed Witch passage to Hogsmead--- many possibilities for a subterrain level. 

Yeah the trials and slytherin rooms as well as potion class were mentioned a lot for this - the passage on the other hand is something I wouldn´t have had in mind and would be something fun to include IMO, good catch.

1 hour ago, Black Falcon said:

Yeah the trials and slytherin rooms as well as potion class were mentioned a lot for this - the passage on the other hand is something I wouldn´t have had in mind and would be something fun to include IMO, good catch.

I’ve definitely been hoping for the One-Eyed Witch passage since we started getting hints that there’d be a proper subterranean level with this system. I’m just not sure I’m expecting a PoA focused castle set this year. I suppose if we get two large castle sets and one or more of the medium sized sets is part of the castle too then it’s within the realm of possibilities. We might get a Great Hall this year but Lego definitely won’t want to release another Chamber of Secrets set when there’s already one on shelves, so I could see a big SS set featuring the Great Hall with the stone challenges underneath for the main flagship set and a smaller PoA set with the Hospital Wing, Lupin’s Classroom and the secret passage underneath being something lego might do this year. 

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Turning to more abstract speculation - what exclusive minifigs do you guys think will make an appearance in this year's large castle sets?

Considering we already have two of four Hogwarts Houses ghosts, maybe one between Fat Friar and Bloody Baron.

Edited by BrickMatit

44 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Considering we already have two of four Hogwarts Houses ghosts, maybe one between Fat Friar and Bloody Baron.

Definitely a pair that seem necessary for completion. The big sticking point for them is that both have rather unique hair styles (at least as presented in the first movie where they make their sole cinematic appearance). The Bloody Baron at least has a hairstyle that one could imagine doing double duty on a period aristocrat character in a cmf (like a male counterpart to series 24’s Marie Antionette inspired character), but the Fat Friar’s tonsure would have limited reuse value since lego has a policy against depicting explicitly religious figures – I presume that there would be an exception made for the Fat Friar as a fantasy character, and it’s not impossible since Madam Pince also had a unique hat+hair mold that hasn’t been used since. 

JB's quick video of the Hagrid's Hut has shown just how small the hut really looks next to minifigures. I'm still a bit confused where all the parts have gone in that set, though I guess it's down to having a large number of small parts for detail.

Nonetheless, I am looking to picking up that set in particular, maybe once there's a decent sale.

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Turning to more abstract speculation - what exclusive minifigs do you guys think will make an appearance in this year's large castle sets?

I wonder if we could get Peeves. I know he obviously never made an appearance in the movies but you never know. 

I guess there's Nigel Wolpert who fought in Dumbeldore's Army in the 5th film. I don't think we've ever had him before have we? 

This is a complete longshot but the I would love to get the four Maurauders as Hogwarts students based of their look in OOTP. 

Dang, round three? I got the first reboot for my oldest daughter, then the second reboot came, and my youngest did that, luckily I don't have a third and can skip this! I thought Star Wars Re-issues were crazy but a third round of castles in what 6-7 years, and now individual Diagon Alley to compete with the big set? May finally be done with this line, even though it seems this will be the best yet!

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Definitely a pair that seem necessary for completion. The big sticking point for them is that both have rather unique hair styles (at least as presented in the first movie where they make their sole cinematic appearance). The Bloody Baron at least has a hairstyle that one could imagine doing double duty on a period aristocrat character in a cmf (like a male counterpart to series 24’s Marie Antionette inspired character), but the Fat Friar’s tonsure would have limited reuse value since lego has a policy against depicting explicitly religious figures – I presume that there would be an exception made for the Fat Friar as a fantasy character, and it’s not impossible since Madam Pince also had a unique hat+hair mold that hasn’t been used since. 

I feel like they could get away with simply using the bald hairpiece or even just some printing on the head. Although a new hairpiece could still be used for other things. I mean we already got Bombur, which is basically the same plus a moustache. Assuming that mould is retired (looking at what they did for the Elves) they could easily repurpose the Fat Friar’s hair if they ever want to do Bombur again in the future, just with a printed moustache and without the belly.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

6 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Dang, round three? I got the first reboot for my oldest daughter, then the second reboot came, and my youngest did that, luckily I don't have a third and can skip this! I thought Star Wars Re-issues were crazy but a third round of castles in what 6-7 years, and now individual Diagon Alley to compete with the big set? May finally be done with this line, even though it seems this will be the best yet!

I mean, technically it's at least round five if we count 2001-2007 as all one Castle collection and 2010-11 as the second. 

11 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Not that many left! I guess Prof Vector, Prof Grubbly-Plank, the Bloody Baron, the Fat Friar, and maybe some students. Who else is there? :laugh:

9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Definitely a pair that seem necessary for completion. The big sticking point for them is that both have rather unique hair styles (at least as presented in the first movie where they make their sole cinematic appearance). The Bloody Baron at least has a hairstyle that one could imagine doing double duty on a period aristocrat character in a cmf (like a male counterpart to series 24’s Marie Antionette inspired character)

I think the judge's hair would do the job: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=11255&idColor=1#T=C&C=1

If they gave us that piece in grey for him, I wouldn't complain. 

9 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

JB's quick video of the Hagrid's Hut has shown just how small the hut really looks next to minifigures. I'm still a bit confused where all the parts have gone in that set, though I guess it's down to having a large number of small parts for detail.

It seems very much on par with the 2001 design, and the 2004 and 2007 sets had eleven and twelve stud interior measures, so this seems right in keeping. The 2019 version just really profited from the second room off to the side, like leaving 2001 or 2024 permanently clapped open. 

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not that many left!

@Seaber has a list. I copy it from a him previous message from 2023, adding minor changes (recasting of Tom, Charlie photograph both in PoA). 

And also @Yope has a list: I add further names from this second list in bold (only movie) and in italics (only book) from this second list.

Film (No. Character + Creatures/Beings) 

• PS (9+4):

Alicia Spinnet, Tom, Dedalus Diggle, Doris Crockford, King's Cross Guard, Prof Vector, Bloody Baron, Fat Friar, Augusta Longbottom
(Firenze, Troll, Unicorn, Peeves

• CoS (8+1):

Millicent Bulstrode, Mr Mason, Mrs Mason, Ernie Macmillan, Penelope Clearwater, Mr Granger, Mrs Granger, Knockturn Alley Witch
(Errol) 

• PoA (4):

Aunt Marge, Housekeeping Witch, Tom (what the hell happened to him :snicker:) and Charlie Weasley (he appeares in PoA movie in Weasley's trip to Egypt photograph)

• GoF (8+1):

Roger Davies, Barty Crouch sr, Prof Karkaroff, Amos Diggory, Frank Bryce, Eloise Midgen, Nigel, Ludo Bagman
(Winky)

• OotP(6):

Mrs Figg, Zacharias Smith, Madam Bones, John Dawlish, Antonin Dolohov, Prof Grubbly-Plank

• HBP (8+1):

Narcissa Malfoy, Amycus Carrow, Alecto Carrow, Thorfinn Rowle, Leanne, Katie Bell, Cormac McLaggen, Marcus Belby
(Inferi) 

• DH (9+1):

Charity Burbage, Bill Weasley, Mundungus Fletcher, Elphias Doge, Rufus Scrimgeour, Xenophilius Lovegood, Aunt Muriel, Bathilda Bagshot, Dirk Cresswell
(Giants)

Edited by BrickMatit

19 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

@Seaber has a list. I copy it from a him previous message from 2023, adding minor changes (recasting of Tom, Charlie photograph both in PoA). 

This was specifically about minifigs that could show up in castle expansions though :wink: Hence only the small handful I mentioned

Edited by BrickBob Studpants