Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

7 figures all with new printing? That's amazing for an advent calendar. Although I can't help but feel slightly disappointed we didn't get the Bloody Baron. Then again I already felt it would be out of place and the figure we did get instead looks amazing (not to mention something unlikely to appear anywhere else.)

Flitwick doesn't look as good with the Santa beard (speaking of which, we kinda have all the pieces to make a pretty decent looking Santa). Definitely preferred the hobbit beard, but can't really complain as I already have that one anyway. It's also nice to get the cmf series dumbledore again with a slightly different print to differ from the one in the Great Hall.

Winter outfits for all the houses is very nice as well and I really like the statues. Christmas Cracker builds are also very cute and the tree with a toy Hogwarts Express as well. Tables are a bit meh, but the 2 portraits are always nice to get.

10 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Although I can't help but feel slightly disappointed we didn't get the Bloody Baron. Then again I already felt it would be out of place and the figure we did get instead looks amazing (not to mention something unlikely to appear anywhere else.)

The Bloody Baron really needs a new piece for that ‘17th century nobility’ hairstyle of his (not exactly historically accurate, but the filmmakers had no idea of his true origins when they styled him for the first movie and helpfully left out that part of Helena’s story so we can tacitly ignore it). So we were always unlikely to see him in an advent calendar unless it came immediately after a cmf featuring a male counterpart for the Marie Antoinette fig. 

The Advent Calendar is easily my favourite Harry Potger set this year. Looks fantastic. 

The amount of minifigures and new prints is awesome, and there's not a single micro-build in sight! Might be my favourite Harry Potter AC ever.

That advent calendar is almost too targeted. As if LEGO were reading our comments (which they well might be) and knowing exactly what will sell. It's an uncanny and baffling departure from the usual "Let's just throw a EUR 100 crappily designed Sorting Hat at them since they'll buy anything" attitude.

Disappointed we haven't got the Bloody Baron, however as we have a great Fat Friar figure in the GH, I'm sure a BB one will appear in a future set. The caroller looks great! 

Although the four new house torsos are nice, not sure why they had to include the house badge... I wish they never made another appearance after the Hogwarts Moments sets, unless it is to give us a Hufflepuff one to complete the set! 

The four printed house badges are my personal highlight I must admit. 

Is the Flitwick torso a new design over the previous PS Flitwick? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Disappointed we haven't got the Bloody Baron, however as we have a great Fat Friar figure in the GH, I'm sure a BB one will appear in a future set. The caroller looks great! 

Although the four new house torsos are nice, not sure why they had to include the house badge... I wish they never made another appearance after the Hogwarts Moments sets, unless it is to give us a Hufflepuff one to complete the set!

I allways doubted we would get the BLOODY baron in a christmas product. I think the best case would be anyways to have the caroler here and the BB later. On the other hand... in Germany there is a saying that translates somewhat like "I prefer to have a sparrow bird in my hand than a pigeon on the roof"... I wish I had the BB guaranteed with lego so often not releasing even essential characters and then ending the theme... a satisfying kitbash bill be impossible with the needed light bluish grey outfit.

Why? The statues look pretty stupid except for the raven but the banner tiles are pretty neat in my opinion.

2 hours ago, brickbride said:

That advent calendar is almost too targeted. As if LEGO were reading our comments (which they well might be) and knowing exactly what will sell. It's an uncanny and baffling departure from the usual "Let's just throw a EUR 100 crappily designed Sorting Hat at them since they'll buy anything" attitude.

I wonder the same... love that they use the shield splitted in 4 parts for each house. cho has the right skin colour, the ghost is very neat... on the other hand they used the stupid santa beard for Flittwick to save a few cents, which will make none of the long time collectors angry, because we already have the superior version.

Those huge wrapped candy pieces give me nostalgia about the old harry potter video games, there you had to fight Draco at some point throwing such exploding wrapped candy at each other.

Edited by Gorilla94

Are those banner-tiles the same from the Sorting Hat, with the Raven for Ravenclaw instead of the movies Eagle they did use before?

Love the new calendar! Never ceases to impress me how much effort they put even into the most minor characters :laugh:

The Ginny hearpiece they use for Cho in the calendar is also new in black :)

1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

Those huge wrapped candy pieces give me nostalgia about the old harry potter video games, there you had to fight Draco at some point throwing such exploding wrapped candy at each other.

I think those are actually supposed to be Christmas crackers. They only have a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it background appearance in the movies, but they’re described in detail in the books. 

In love with this advent calendar! Love that they are giving us at least one minifgure of each house; the carolling ghost is fantastic! Really nice to have the statues representing each house! Now the question remains if the Great hall does actually have space to accommodate this builds

Posted (edited)

@accio_lego

Thanks for the info :) I did not read the books since I was a kid... time to pull zhem out again sometime ^^'

I am thinking about getting a hogwarts express. What would you guys recommend? From videos and pictures i think the one retirering does not look as good as the one we had before because of the moving bar a, black roof, printeddishplate in the front and size of the train in general... which one do you prefer? Should I wait for the next one, modify the one currently on shelves or get the older one?

Edited by Gorilla94

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I wish I had the BB guaranteed with lego so often not releasing even essential characters and then ending the theme... a satisfying kitbash bill be impossible with the needed light bluish grey outfit.

Or dark bluish grey - Nick, Friar, Myrtle and the Grey Lady all have some light and dark gluish grey on them so if the worst comes to the worst there are two colours to pick from. 

Right now I quite like Unkar's Thug for the silver stains, most of the torso is covered up by the hair, but I also quite like either the dark or light bluish grey pirate clothes from the Silent Mary set back in 2017.

Having said that, I hope for an official BB one day! 

11 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Pretty sure that’s a Raven/Eagle and a Badger - you can tell what house they’re meant to represent by the color of the tile on their bases. I’m pretty sure they’re based on the figural wall sconces in the Great Hall, but yeah, not necessarily the best choice for brick built decor at this scale.

All 4 House-Animals are included. 

4 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Are those banner-tiles the same from the Sorting Hat, with the Raven for Ravenclaw instead of the movies Eagle they did use before?

They are the same, yes. Would have been very unlikely they would do new ones for it. However very happy that we are getting them outside of the Sorting hat set now, especially in a less expensive one.

The Advent calendar looks pretty good to me and even better, they reduced the price compared to last year and are back to the price we had two years ago. Wish they woudn´t include Draco and Cho again though, but someone else. Harry is mandatory anyways. As for the other figures, great lineup. Did we actually see the Carol Ghost somewhere in the Films? I tried to find a picture (or video) of it but wasn´t able to find anything.

Posted (edited)

Speaking of Advent Calendar I had never seen what Great Hall 75954 looked like with the Yule ball accessories from 75981 Advent Calendar and the ball sections of 75948 Clock Tower. This is what they looked like combined https://i.imgur.com/56DZJXn.png

Edited by Ferder

Funny how HP was among the first Summer themes to leak, but is now among the last to be officially revealed. "Ironic", as another franchise's Big Bad would say :laugh:

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Funny how HP was among the first Summer themes to leak, but is now among the last to be officially revealed. "Ironic", as another franchise's Big Bad would say :laugh:

Yeah, we are basically still waiting for reveals of the themes/sets I am most looking forward to, City Jungle, Harry Potter and Jurrasic Park/World. I guess we will see all of them tomorro then, after all the reveals today.

I was just thinking, the New Ollivanders is actually the perfect size to fit in with the Hogsmeade set to represent that branch of the shop.

Brickclicker just posted a bunch of summer set pics (all in the same post so you have to scroll through), including the Great Hall, Diagon shops, Buckbeak, and Potions Class

All just front shots so nothing new for the Great Hall or Buckbeak except being slightly better quality than the catalog shots. Outside of Malkin’s looks nice and accurate, but nothing unexpected.

Potions Class is really fun. It definitely doesn’t look like a plain module for the Great Hall at first glance, I’m pretty sure it would only fit in one of those slots if it was folded up, which it can clearly do. It’s definitely the most movie accurate set ever done for the potions classroom. The new large round flask Snape was holding in the Minifigure pic is present in both yellow and orange. There’s also a new bubbling/steaming cauldron part that we get in both trans dark blue and neon green (not sure if those are the official colors or not, but that’s what they look like). There’s also a build of four open topped jars that contain tiny pieces used as ingredients, so the play factor is better than any potions clad build before too. I can see a lot of people who skip the Great Hall still getting this one, it definitely stands on its own just fine. 

:pir-cry_sad:Have I missed something? Is the durmstrang set still coming? There’s no mention of it yet 

:wub:That Potions Class! Wow! Not the set I was expecting to be most impressed by!