Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

While they have definitely been repeatedly character assassinating Mary Jane since Peter's deal with the devil, I think it's probably a more blanket "we want our thing to be the one getting merchandise". Same reason X-men and fantastic four stuff was heavily discouraged after the MCU picked up.

From what I remember about the Disney/Sony deal, Disney gets all the profits from Spider-Man merchandise. So that's why there was never a ban on him like with the Fox characters because Sony's content only boosts Spider-Man merchandise sales for Disney. In that case, I don't see why neglecting Mary Jane, like in the Daily Bugle set, would be encouraged. But I also don't get why Marvel said no to Spider-Woman in the Daily Bugle.

Might not be THE reason for MJ's exclusion, but it seems like sometimes a character being on-shelves in a different set is enough for them to be excluded. I remember an interview about the Avengers Tower where one of its designers said that's why they excluded Spider-Man and Captain Marvel, for example.

Posted (edited)

These all look really good. Will only be buying the Milano but solid lineup of sets all around. 

I spy a new Baby Groot (potted plant) mould in the Milano too, looks adorable!

Edited by Kaijumeister

3 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

These all look really good. Will only be buying the Milano but solid lineup of sets all around. 

That's how I feel. I like the sets (except dancing groot, that looks terrible) but will only pick up the milano and iron Legion. Lots of overlap in the other sets, especially if you have avengers tower.

Glad to see there's 2 Fire Demons included with Surtur, just one wouldn't feel right since there's no other sets to repeat them...

And speaking of repeats, Hulk's angry face is used in both sets, meaning there's nothing new about the Leviathan minifigures. The set looks good, it feels rightful chunkier than the AT Leviathan, but there's nothing new to entice me

Meanwhile as I missed the Cap/Widow bike set, I am tempted for the AoU set. It's nice to see a diorama set stretched out like that, which does give me hope for Infinity War Titan/Wakanda sets in the future

Didn’t expect to see finalised pictures so soon, but I like what I’m seeing! Surtur is my clear favourite :thumbup:

WOW! SO much better than I expected. The AoU battle looks rough on the box art but other images look solid. 

The ones I'll be getting are the Milano (fantastic build, might be a little cooler than the Benetar, which is saying something), Surtur, and the Iron Legion pack.

Groot, as always, is a little horrific ghoul.

I love the new Surter set. Looks like he may be using Kro's head mold with some additions. A bit disappointed that they resorted back to Thor's old hairstyle (I think the LaT hair works best). Also, is that a new cape?

The Milano is spectacular! Given the name on the wing, the outfits, and the presence of Baby Groot, it seems to be based on the ending of GotG1. 
I would have preferred if the Iron Legion set had included maybe a second HYDRA soldier in place of Iron Man, but overall it is a good battle pack and add-on to the larger AoU diorama. I also actually like that the Iron Legion drones use the Invincible Iron Man helmet, since it makes their heads look smaller (as they are in the movie). 
The AoU diorama looks great as well, and it should look cool on display; I am wondering why it does not use the round bricks as a base as the other dioramas do, though it seems to be somewhat modular. Clint also has new printed legs! 
The Leviathan is somewhat blocky but well done, and the Hulk and Black Widow’s legs are no longer exclusive to the Tower! Loki seems to be using Thor’s plastic cape in green. 
Surtur feels off to me; while the spindly design does fit his emaciated appearance at the beginning of the movie, he kind of looks like a cross between a mech and Steppenwolf. 

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Surtur feels off to me; while the spindly design does fit his emaciated appearance at the beginning of the movie, he kind of looks like a cross between a mech and Steppenwolf. 

On the fifth slide of this post you can see him better, he actually looks quite satisfyingly chunky to me 

The Milano is fantastic! Could just be the box art but it looks even bigger than what the Benatar was. I don't normally buy the buildable characters but that Dancing Groot is too good to pass up.

Surtur turned out pretty good as well. Glad we're getting two Fire Demons instead of one and I like the decision of using the skeleton pieces for them. I'd love to see them follow this up with a similar set for the Destroyer from the first film. Hopefully a similarly scaled Sentinel is on the horizon for next year as well.

The Avengers sets are an easy pass for me. The AOU diorama isn't bad but none of the sets are really bringing anything new to the table. Not a fan of the 4+ helmets on the Iron Legion figures either. I would have preferred the flip up visors like the previous figures had.

9 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I love the new Surter set. Looks like he may be using Kro's head mold with some additions. A bit disappointed that they resorted back to Thor's old hairstyle (I think the LaT hair works best). Also, is that a new cape?

Thor and Loki now have rubber capes like the ones Doctor Strange and BTAS Batman are using. I agree the LaT hairpiece was perfect but I get that it probably isn't compatible with the new capes.

1 minute ago, poisonbricks said:

On the fifth slide of this post you can see him better, he actually looks quite satisfyingly chunky to me 

Oh! That is a much better shot of him! 

3 minutes ago, poisonbricks said:

Holy sh** you can chain Surtur’s head to Thor’s back! 

6 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Just his crown, but I do love that they included that as a play feature! 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am wondering why it does not use the round bricks as a base as the other dioramas do, though it seems to be somewhat modular.

Because there's nothing in that battle that needs to be built upwards, it's a wide open forest battlefield. Plus when you throw a Hulk in there, that takes up a bit of space on the circle bases

9 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Okay... So this is definitely THE Marvel set of the year right? At least so far it has to be?

Someone please tell me who designed this set, I need to shake their hand, that feature is incredible

Edited by NXS7

The Milano is amazing. I plan to get it half-price no-figs as soon as I can. (I already have the GotG2 versions of everyone except Drax, and everyone knows you don't really need a Drax minifig because he's mastered the art of staying so still that he's completely invisible.)

The Age of Ultron diorama is one of the rare diorama sets that looks like a great playset too. It has an amazing minifigure selection, a nice little jeep, and good scenery.

The Leviathan is still kind of small, but it's a good size for play. I'm sure if this set sells well there will be a larger Leviathan in a few years.

Just now, NXS7 said:

Because there's nothing in that battle that needs to be built upwards, it's a wide open forest battlefield. Plus when you throw a Hulk in there, that takes up a bit of space on the circle bases

I suppose, but they could have made it fan out like the Endgame one did (which also took place in a wide open battlefield). 

I LOVE the Surtur set! This might be the most excited I've been for an MCU set in quite awhile. By the way, anyone else find it strange that the name of the set includes "construction figure" in it? That seems totally unnecessary. That said, Surtur looks fantastic and I really appreciate the inclusion of the fire demons. Thor looks fine. 

30 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Okay now it's a 10/10 set!

20 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

Okay... So this is definitely THE Marvel set of the year right? At least so far it has to be?

Someone please tell me who designed this set, I need to shake their hand, that feature is incredible

Absolutely agreed! 

As far as the other sets go, the only other one that really interests me is the Leviathan. It's amazing it took this long to get a set like this. 

These all look SPECTACULAR. Easily the best wave in quite awhile. Even sets I wasn't expecting to have good builds, like the Surter set or battle pack. Only one I'm not a fan of is potted groot.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

These all look SPECTACULAR. Easily the best wave in quite awhile. Even sets I wasn't expecting to have good builds, like the Surter set or battle pack. Only one I'm not a fan of is potted groot.

Agreed. All the sets (except for Potted Groot which looks horrifying to me haha) are really solid with the stand outs to me being the Milano, Iron Legion Battle Pack and the Surtur set. 

The "I got you where I want" smiling Hulk, would been interesting.

I like all of the sets, even Groot in a pot.

Milano looks too interesting.. 1 Hulk would be enough for me. Leviathan looks interesting. 86286 or 86290? hmmm.

"Where did all your cash go?" "Well...... I bought... some.... LEGO.. ahum.."

Haven't bought a marvel set since the GOTG 2 lineup...will DEFINITELY pick up the new milano this year. It's gorgeous. I like the AoU sets a lot too (the OG ones hold a very special place in my heart) but other sets take priority at the moment.

So all we have left to be revealed for the year is: 

The 4+ Iron Man vs Hulk set, Mid Scale Helicarrier, Spidey Advent Calendar, and of course the X-Mansion.

Am I forgetting anything else?