Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Yeah, the whole Batman Bike minifig rumor is a misinterpretation of FalconFan's (now deleted) Instagram post that said 'includes figure', referring to the brickbuilt figure. Since the post is gone now, it's easy to say that it said 'minifigure' but that's not what it meant.

While I am not a fan of the buildable figures, I really like the brickbuilt detailing on Gobby’s suit; LEGO could have used stickers or even prints, but the tiles do a good job of representing the armour’s segmented plates. 

59 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

The only English acronym I know is lol

Wdym means "What do you mean"

31 minuti fa, Murdoch17 ha detto:

Wdym significa "Cosa vuoi dire"

ah, thanks… I mean that mtd hasn't let us know anything anymore… I'm very disappointed when leakers announce something and then disappear…

13 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

ah, thanks… I mean that mtd hasn't let us know anything anymore… I'm very disappointed when leakers announce something and then disappear…

No problem! It seems a lot of leakers have gone away, honestly. I guess LEGO has really tightened their grip on this type of info which is not a bad thing (except for us fans!), as it keep competitors from beating them to market with similar stuff / straight-up copycats.

Green Goblin I like how the detailing is all done with tiles as opposed to printed segments. The printing on the face piece is appropriately scary looking and it's nice they made the head stretch backwards with a brick-built segment. The Glider is well designed also and would look nice displayed on its own. The price is too high for those the buildable figures are aimed at and it doesn't have a minifigure unlike the Batpod set so there's less incentive for non-fans of the buildable figures. The scale of the figure to the glider is off, the glider's mid segment is fine but the wings needed to be larger. It also feels more comic-inspired than movie-inspired. The chin is about 2x the size it is supposed to be and I think lets down the head build.

Spider-man is 'eh'. The Iron Spider limbs are a lot thinner than they are meant to be, resulting in them coming across as flimsy. I doubt you'll be able to replicate the scenes of the limbs supporting his body for example. They also don't particularly look good when displayed so I'm not sure why they even bothered doing the Iron Spider suit. While I don't mind a printed torso on occasions where they cannot replicate with brick-built, here it comes across as awkward with the multiple layered approach - which does not help given its not accurate to the suit either. The lower legs needed to extend down so that they could go around the body forming his belt, which the figure does not replicate. Indeed, the back of the figure is lacking the Spider-emblem in favour of an attachment point for the previously mentioned flimsy looking Iron Spider limbs.

In terms of new aspects, Green Goblin has a slightly improved thinner hand design capable of attaching pieces to it, but otherwise I'm not really seeing much innovation between this wave and the previous in terms of new techniques or aspects that really stand out to demonstrate that the theme is trying new building techniques or implimenting new ideas/pieces. It's possible that any design innovations would present themselves on Falcon Cap, but we probably won't see that for a year. I'm glad we got a villain at least as there was no real conflict between the buildable characters prior.

If we get figures in the future I'd hope for:

1. Raimi Spider-man (Pairs well with Green Goblin)
  2. Andrew Spider-man (Pairs well with the buildable figure Sandman in the Final Battle expansion set)
  3. Vulture (Head works for rounded piece, re-use the wings from Falcon Cap, another villain to swoosh around)
2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

No problem! It seems a lot of leakers have gone away, honestly. I guess LEGO has really tightened their grip on this type of info which is not a bad thing (except for us fans!), as it keep competitors from beating them to market with similar stuff / straight-up copycats.

In theory this crackdown would stop leaks and stop competitors from replicating Lego's products. In practice it damages online discussion because at best we only get a rough idea of the names of some sets and then are left for months with no additional details other than announcements of product delays. It prevents people planning purchases accordingly - not helped by Lego's price gouging turning people to look for other cheaper brands.

A few leakers, whether due to this or other factors, have either stopped posting or became less active. @Falconfan1414 seems to have disappeared completely with no explanation, which is concerning. Hope they are doing alright.

On 2/29/2024 at 12:59 AM, Lego Nostalgia said:

Could there be any unknown set we don't know of in September or something ? There's a set number branded under Superheroes and it has no name via Brickmerge

Not sure exactly which you are referring to, but some sets are listed as superheroes as opposed to Marvel or DC when we first get product information on them. I imagine Brickmerge just uses those sources until provided with more detailed info.

10 hours ago, NXS7 said:

Kang the Cancelled

Seems an appropriate name, shall probably use in future :p

8 ore fa, Scarilian ha detto:

Impedisce alle persone di pianificare gli acquisti di conseguenza

This is exactly what Lego wants to avoid, companies focus on impulsive purchasing

8 ore fa, Scarilian ha detto:

@Falconfan1414sembra essere scomparso completamente senza alcuna spiegazione, il che è preoccupante. Spero che stiano bene

I don't want to think badly, maybe he's on holiday, maybe he's just busy doing other things...

Of course, Brick clicker's absence at the same time is suspicious. Maybe Lego actually has something to do with it

Brick Clicker did post yesterday. It wasn't a leak, but he did update on info a GWP. 

28 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Brick Clicker did post yesterday. It wasn't a leak, but he did update on info a GWP. 

I might be reading this wrong, but I don't think it tells us anything. No one's alleging lego, like, shot all the leakers or something. If they're still posting, but not posting links, it's still very possible that lego's managed to cut off the sources.

32 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I have no idea why Lego hates leaks, if anything it's good because it creates hype for the product.

There are two reasons:

1. it makes it easier for knockoff companies to get knockoffs of the specific set topics or designs out right around the time of the official product, if not before. I don't think this is as big of a deal nowadays as it used to be, but it's still a thing.

2. Leaks can significantly hurt people's opinions of sets in a number of ways. If lego makes a change after the prelims leak, such as changing the phase of the clones in the 2018 battle pack, there are complaints and potentially lost sales. In addition, when your first exposure to something is blurry, potato-quality images, many people are subconsciously gonna have a lower opinion of the set even after better images release. 

Iron Spider-Man is $30 and Goblin is $35, instead of them both being $38 like I'd heard- that's a LOT better, and I might end up getting Iron Spider-Man to be honest. $30 is still a little over what I'd like to pay for it, but I'm sure I can find him for $25 not long after release now.

Brick_clicker just posted new Marvel updates:

76293: Spiderman Advent Calendar

246pcs $44.99 Minifigures include: Spider-man, Ghost Spider, Venom, Miles Morales, Green Goblin. Exclusive snowman SpiderHam head for a snowman build (not a full minifig). September 1st Release

76286: The Milano

2090pcs $169.99 Minifigs include Star-Lord, Drax (grey version), Gamora, Rocket & Baby Groot (moulded piece not minfig). Includes a display stand and full interior to fit all the guardians. 

7629: The Avengers Assemble: Age of Ultron

613pcs $109.99 Minifigs Include: Iron man, Captain America, Thor (new plastic cape), Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk bigfig & 3x Hydra Agent. Includes a snowy landscape modular build that can easily be reconfigured for play and display and a jeep. Sadly not the final battle with Ultron.

76290: Avengers vs Loki & Leviathan

347pcs $59.99 Minifigs include: Hulk bigfig, Captain America, Black Widow, Loki & Chitauri. Build is a Leviathan which is very similar to the one in Avengers Tower. August 1st Release.

76297: Dancing Potted Groot

459pcs $59.99 Spinning handle in the back of the pot to turn which makes Groot dance. Includes detachable headphones. 

76288: Iron Legion Battle Pack

135pcs $24.99 Minifigs include Iron man, Hydra Agent, Iron Legion (2X). Includes small hydra base with shooters.

76295 Midiscale Helicarrier $59.99

76289 Surtur Battle $24.99

76287 Iron Man Vs Hulk (4+) $10.99

I have to say, I am incredibly disappointed that the Age of Ultron set is not the final battle. Next time, baby. 

Posted (edited)

@Brick Clicker is back with some rumours!!

• the advent calendar is Spider-Man-based with a snowman Spider-Ham
  • Drax is grey and Groot is Baby Groot (moulded)
  • The AoU set (76291) is based on the opening scene and NOT the final battle. It includes Iron Man, Cap, Thor with a plastic cape, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk and 3 Hydra agents
  • 76290 includes Hulk, Cap, Black Widow, Loki, a chitauri and a buildable leviathan

Edit: Ninja'd!

So we went from two rumoured Ultron-related sets to zero. Ouch. At least the Surtur set comes with two minifigs, so the second one could be interesting!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

26 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

76293: Spiderman Advent Calendar

246pcs $44.99 Minifigures include: Spider-man, Ghost Spider, Venom, Miles Morales, Green Goblin

I'm pretty sure I called this last year. Wonder which figures will have the sweater treatment

76286: The Milano

2090pcs $169.99 Minifigs include Star-Lord, Drax (grey version), Gamora, Rocket & Baby Groot (moulded piece not minfig)

Right so I'm confused... GotGV2 to the Holiday Special is a 6 year gap for Drax, so clearly at some point during this time, he became slightly greener.

Obviously he's always been grey, but since LEGO made him green (which he is in the comics), I was hoping they'd give us more than just a head. But now we have designers without colour blindness...

A little disappointed it's not Vol 1 Groot with long limbs, but very happy Gamora is finally back

76289: The Avengers Assemble: Age of Ultron

613pcs $109.99 Minifigs Include: Iron man, Captain America, Thor (new plastic cape), Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk bigfig & 3x Hydra Agent.

A set with all 6 Avengers (that's cheaper than the Tower) is pretty cool, but what we were all expecting would've been cooler. Until I see pics, sounds like a skip for me

This set does sound like a NWH type display set without the round base perhaps, so maybe my past ramblings could happen. Fingers crossed for an IW Titan battle

28 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

76290: Avengers vs Loki & Leviathan

347pcs $59.99 Minifigs include: Hulk bigfig, Captain America, Black Widow, Loki & Chitauri. Build is a Leviathan which is very similar to the one in Avengers Tower

So if everything here I already have from the Tower, sounds like another skip. At best Hulk will have a new head, but if said head is reused in the AOU set, then this really can't offer me anything

28 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

76289 Surtur Battle $24.99

No elaboration on the one set I'm looking forward to most? I'm only expecting a Thor figure, would've been nice to hear theres more

29 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

76287 Iron Man Vs Hulk (4+) $10.99

After the AOU set being a different scene, this set being only $11 is the second biggest surprise after the last Iron Man 4+ cost $25 with 66 pieces. If it's the same Iron Man (perhaps with reused minifigure Hulk from the mech) then I might grab this

29 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

Next time, baby. 

Poor choice of words, Terrence Howard never got his 'next time'

27 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

@Brick Clicker

So we went from two rumoured Ultron-related sets to zero. Ouch. 

Could there be a conspiracy here? One that involves Infinity Ultron being skipped? Did his tweets from 2013 resurface?

What a boring character selection. Revisiting AOU feels pointless if they're just going to repeat the same characters from the first film, especially with the Leviathan set also appearing in the same wave. Without Ultron, Quicksilver, AOU Scarlet Witch or even a regular Vision without the phasing effect there's just nothing of interest here.

The Advent Calendar sounds particularly dull this year as its just the same recycled characters that has been plaguing every Spider-Man set for years now. Even the Milano sounds like its only giving us the bare minimum of characters.

Hopefully the X-Mansion can make up for the lackluster summer wave.

It's strange how confidently rumoured the Ultron centric stuff was at first. Maybe they're developing the Ultron sentry pack and the final battle as well? If the battle packs and big diorama battle sets become a staple of the theme those would be easy picks for next year.

No source on this, but my working theory is that they're building up to it, and letting figs just bleed into different sets.

If you think about it in terms of the most recent AoU-ish sets, you have Cap, Widow and a Hydra agent from that film. Hydra agent being in recent production makes the focus on the opening make some sense, that way all they had to do was fill out the rest of the Avengers. 

Next year, all these figs will be in current production, and other figs will have moved out of production, so I can easily see Ultron, Quicksilver, Wanda, etc. being made as new figures for more AoU sets down the line.

Just feels weird to me that they'd go through the trouble of making (presumably) new versions of everyone for just these few sets when they could've easily just included less figures.

Wow. In hindsight I realize that I was only excited about this wave because they'd have a specific couple of minifigs. Now that none of them are in these sets, most of it is a skip for me.

Hydra vs Iron Legion battle pack- $25 is insane and nobody should buy this. Remember what you're telling Lego is acceptable
Avengers vs Leviathan- if you bought any of the big MCU sets the last two years, this is kind of a pass. Seems like they're making these sets for army builders
Avengers vs Hydra- Maybe it's got a bunch of the loopty clear minifig stands to recreate the frame from AoU? Otherwise surely MCU lego fans have all of this by now. Another for army builders?
Milano- I'm happy for all of you getting your grey Drax, and I bet the MIlano will look good next to the Benetar and Bowie. Sucks about baby groot though.
Midi-carrier- happy for the ship collectors but this one seems like it'll end up on the clearance end caps with the helmets and wolverine claws and that one eternals set that's still sitting around
Suter- I guess that's curtains for the "sitting Surtur" gang unless it's some rando henchman. My bet is honestly on Thor and Valkyrie figs, but I'm rooting for yall to get a new Hela

Hopefully if there's a new Ultron set in fall/winter it'll have the figs we're begging for

7 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

No elaboration on the one set I'm looking forward to most? I'm only expecting a Thor figure, would've been nice to hear theres more

On Brick Clicker's video, he gives a little more information, but only that there's 'two unknown minifigures'. My bets would be Thor and one of the little fire demon guys 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I might be reading this wrong, but I don't think it tells us anything. No one's alleging lego, like, shot all the leakers or something. If they're still posting, but not posting links, it's still very possible that lego's managed to cut off the sources.

Nah, you read it right, yet that's a fair point. But I suppose the discussion has been put to rest by Brick Clicker's resurgence. 

In any case, I'm not sure about these sets as a whole anymore. I like cheaper Iron Legion figures, and I'm riding on the Milano being one of the best sets of all time (I certainly don't object to a Baby Groot, they're shockingly expensive right now for what they are), but the battles seem ludicrously expensive and overpriced. Potted Groot and Helicarrier are fine I suppose, I doubt I'll get either unless they're absolutely amazing. On the other hand, I suppose these aren't bad for people new to the hobby, and it's really neat that there's a set less than 500$ with all of the Avengers, but It'd be nice for IW to get some new stuff as well. 

I'm typically someone more focused on the builds, and as is, I just don't know how many of these outside of the Milano actually have the capacity to be great. The leviathan might be okay, but it sounds like most of the AoU one is focused on terrain, which is typically a recipe for a kind of mediocre set. On the other hand, this is admittedly not terribly far off of what we got for the IS wave, and honestly, as long as the Milano is good, I'll be pretty happy. 

Edited by Brickroll

4 minutes ago, poisonbricks said:

On Brick Clicker's video, he gives a little more information, but only that there's 'two unknown minifigures'. My bets would be Thor and one of the little fire demon guys 

My guess would be a repeat Valkyrie from the A-Force set. Especially looking at the rest of the wave, seeing that most of the figures will be repeats

I'm hoping that since we'll be getting at least one new Thor this wave, they update his head, but not holding much hope for that, since Tony has had the same head since 2018, even when it's used for civilian clothing or helmets that don't flip up, making the HUD printing pointless

So a spiderman advent could have been interesting if they finally would have given us citizens/villains/team-up heroes we don’t have yet. Now we get the same routine again. 

only the surtur set is still running for a chance to be a lego marvel set that i will buy

Oh and the xmansion of course. When does that leak??