Sign in to follow this  
Yperio_Bricks

[POLL] Best Pirate Captain

Who is the best Lego pirate captain you have ever seen?  

30 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is the best Lego pirate captain you have ever seen?

• Captain Ironhook
    • Captain Brickbeard
    • Captain Redbeard
    • Captain Blackbeard
    • Captain Jack Sparrow
    • Captain Barbossa
    • Captain Davy Jones
    • CMF Series 8 Pirate Captain
    • Creator 3 in 1 Ship Pirate Captain

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/24 at 03:00 PM

poll1hldl4.jpg

Tell us who is the best Lego pirate captain you have ever seen!

Is he sporting a beard and which color is it?

Has he a wooden leg? A hook for a hand?

And how many times did he die and came back from the dead?

Who is the best Lego pirate captain you have ever seen?

4e854087-01d5-4a3f-b61f-0edda8339319_tex

Captain Ironhook                                 Captain Brickbeard                     Captain Redbeard                                        Captain Blackbeard

pi078.pngpi081.pngidea065.pnglego-blackbeard-minifigure-32.jpg

Captain Jack Sparrow               Captain Barbossa                              Captain Davy Jones                                         CMF Series 8 Pirate Captain

61aweVAmGML.jpga8d7235b91e39e58d0dd473f25a030e6.jpglego-davy-jones-minifigure-32-133856.jpgcol0815.jpg

Creator 3 in 1 Ship Pirate Captain

pi185.png

I say Cpt. Barbossa.

If we are talking about Backstory:

On the positives:

The man came back from being dead (with some help from a witch), was captain of the Black Pearl twice and for a longer period that it's actual owner along with managing to maroon / mutiny against Jack Sparrow at least twice. Became master of the Queen Anne's Revenge and got filthy stinkin' rich with his own pirate fleet.

On the negatives:

Became an undead pirate for 11 years, died, lost the Pearl (and his leg!) to Blackbeard, lost the QAR to Captain Salazar, lost his life - again! (but this time for a noble cause)

If we are talking about appearances:

I like his hat.

Edited by Murdoch17

Captain Redbeard. He is the OG Pirate captain, and he commandeered the most of the ships out of all of them: Black Seas Barracuda, Skull Eye's Schooner, Red Beard Runner, Cross Bone Clipper, (arguably) Brick Bounty. He's an absolute icon and a legend. PoTC captains don't count, as they are from their own theme. Brickbeard was way too shortlived and his Jolly Roger looks childish and goofy. Creator Captain is sloppy seconds minifig with no class or even name, and CMF Captain doesn't even have a ship, nor name.

Also the list is incomplete, it Lacks the CMF Zombie Captain, Duplo Pirates and Jack Stone-like junior Pirates.

Edited by Eggyslav

24 minutes ago, Eggyslav said:

Also the list is incomplete, it Lacks the CMF Zombie Captain, Duplo Pirates and Jack Stone-megablocks junior Pirates.

And Vidiyo Punk Pirates ? (at least one figure had a hook + peg leg, so sort of counts)

My "original" captain will always be Ironhook as that was the only I had, but now , and overall, definately Redbeard.

Edited by TeriXeri

This was a tough one for me. It was a 2 man race between Redbeard and Jack Sparrow. Redbeard is my OG Pirate Captain, so he wins the nostalgia award. Having said that, Jack Sparrow is LITERALLY the best Pirate I have ever seen, lol. They even say so in the films. So I went with him. 

On a side note, if you put Redbeard and Sparrow next to each other in a Lego scene, Jack will steal the show every time. Which also leads to him being better IMO.

So what's in question here exactly: characters themselves or minifig designs?

Oh that's an easy one! The CMF pirate shows the most details of all the regular minifigs (I discount the franchised minifigs).

1 hour ago, F1stzz said:

So what's in question here exactly: characters themselves or minifig designs?

All of this and more! Or less if you want. Background story, minifigure design, legacy, cultural impact, media appearances, number of ships commanded, being a Lego icon, sporting the most impressive beard, etc. Everyone values these aspects differently. You decide!

I voted for Jack Sparrow, being the world's greatest pirate character and a formidable minfigure(s). (To bad Walter Matthau's Captain Red never got a Lego minifig :pir-huzzah1:)

3 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

Also the list is incomplete, it Lacks the CMF Zombie Captain, Duplo Pirates and Jack Stone-like junior Pirates.

Either we forgot about these three characters when we were compiling the list or the vote is rigged :pir_laugh2:

I had a hard time choosing 'tween Redbeard, Jack and Ironhook. However, I believe that Redbeard could be the best pirate captain - he went through so many enemies for just one treasure (sure, they be not undead pirates but are just as dangerous) and could comandeer multiple vessels with a very loyal crew (something that Jack could never achieve :pir-tongue:), he even can be intimidating when required. Ironhook was a great rival, sadly, he did not have enough appearances to call him the best pirate captain ever. I voted for Captain Redbeard.

7 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I like his hat.

Aye, I could buy him a new one. :pir-huzzah2:

1 hour ago, SpacePolice89 said:

Captain Redbeard, but I prefer the original minifigure from 1989. Thank you @Yperio_Bricks for making these fun and interesting polls!

Thank you! We have to thank the person who suggested to have polls. I forgot who it was. The idea originated from the discussions after the latest contest.

Yes, there are different iterations of Readbeard's minfig. Same with Jack Sparrow, Barbossa or even Ironhook. I was unsure if i should add pictures of the minifigs to the opening post or not. I mean any pictures.

Just now, Jack Sassy said:

could comandeer multiple vessels with a very loyal crew (something that Jack could never achieve :pir-tongue:)

True, haha :pir_laugh2:

3 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

All of this and more!

Welp, I'm voting for Captain Jack then :pir-huzzah2: PotC franchise kick-started my passion both for the Age of Sailing & the Golden Age of Piracy + brought me into LEGO in the first place as back in the day I was looking for something to coincide perfectly with my new interest :pir-triumph: In fact, all versions of Captain Sparrow are my all-time favourite LEGO minifigs and I have kinda personal reason for it: my very first Pirates sets were those replicas of LEGO classics by Enlighten & 2009 Pirates wave — and I was obsessed with mashing up torsos/heads/accessories, gluing stuff, all in order to create my own Jack Sparrow, cuz back in 2008-2010 there was no representation of this character in LEGO yet. You can only imagine how delighted I was when I saw the LEGO PotC commercial for the first time in 2011 :pir-laugh: Still feels like it was yesterday, lol. But I gotta say: if we're talking purely LEGO Pirates as a classic theme without mentioning licensed ones — Captain Roger Redbeard is unbeatable really. I also do think his 2022 faceprint is probably one of the greatest created in the modern era — the swagger of dat cheeky grin is simply unmatched :pir-classic: It's also my first & only Redbeard minifig atm, so yeah, I'd not hesitate to place my vote for him — only if I didn't have a long & rich history with PotC :pir_laugh2:

27 minutes ago, F1stzz said:

Welp, I'm voting for Captain Jack then :pir-huzzah2: PotC franchise kick-started my passion both for the Age of Sailing & the Golden Age of Piracy + brought me into LEGO in the first place as back in the day I was looking for something to coincide perfectly with my new interest :pir-triumph: In fact, all versions of Captain Sparrow are my all-time favourite LEGO minifigs and I have kinda personal reason for it: my very first Pirates sets were those replicas of LEGO classics by Enlighten & 2009 Pirates wave — and I was obsessed with mashing up torsos/heads/accessories, gluing stuff, all in order to create my own Jack Sparrow, cuz back in 2008-2010 there was no representation of this character in LEGO yet. You can only imagine how delighted I was when I saw the LEGO PotC commercial for the first time in 2011 :pir-laugh: Still feels like it was yesterday, lol. But I gotta say: if we're talking purely LEGO Pirates as a classic theme without mentioning licensed ones — Captain Roger Redbeard is unbeatable really. I also do think his 2022 faceprint is probably one of the greatest created in the modern era — the swagger of dat cheeky grin is simply unmatched :pir-classic: It's also my first & only Redbeard minifig atm, so yeah, I'd not hesitate to place my vote for him — only if I didn't have a long & rich history with PotC :pir_laugh2:

Great story, thanks for sharing :pir-huzzah2:

If i would wake up tomorrow and see a Lego POTC commercial in TV, it would be the happiest day of my life lol :pir_laugh2: I mean, i am a more of a moccer but there is something about sets that makes me want to go to a shop and buy them!

7 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I voted for Jack Sparrow, being the world's greatest pirate character and a formidable minfigure(s). (To bad Walter Matthau's Captain Red never got a Lego minifig :pir-huzzah1:)

The CMF pirate Captain kinda looks like Captain Red.

11 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

The CMF pirate shows the most details of all the regular minifigs

Has no back printing whatsoever tho :pir-grin:

58 minutes ago, F1stzz said:

Has no back printing whatsoever tho :pir-grin:

"A true pirate never shows his back." :pir-murder:

I have voted Redbeard, he is a Lego icon. PotC is an external licence.

I would consider pi146 and pi102 as pirate captains too. Not really successful for the first one and in training for the second one :pir-triumph:. Also,as far as I know, pi148 was not associated to Redbeard officially, so is he another captain?

I really would like to have an Ironhook revisit also.

9 hours ago, CaptainMoore said:

Also,as far as I know, pi148 was not associated to Redbeard officially, so is he another captain?

I believe that is Redbeard, just the one that came with The Brick Bounty. IDK if it was ever "official" but it's him, lol.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

Maybe, when we run out of poll questions in a year or two, we come back to this one and add all the missing captains as candidates :pir_laugh2:

2 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

I believe that is Redbeard, just the one that came with The Brick Bounty. IDK if it was ever "official" but it's him, lol.

It's clearly him, i just don't know why he is never mentioned.

1 hour ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Maybe, when we run out of poll questions in a year or two, we come back to this one and add all the missing captains as candidates :pir_laugh2:

:pir_laugh2:

I don't even know how there could possibly be a contest against Redbeard.