Sign in to follow this  
Yperio_Bricks

[OFFICIAL] 40710 LEGOLAND Pirate Splash Battle

Posted (edited)

I honestly don't understand why everyone on this forum is against sharing images here when discussing new leaks - it saves everyone time when we just share them

r2hsGQ1.jpg

6jQ9lrp.jpg

oh and the torso, unfortunately it won't work with classsic pirates setting ;(

kshSKbp.jpg

Edited by zinnn

4 hours ago, zinnn said:

I honestly don't understand why everyone on this forum is against sharing images here when discussing new leaks - it saves everyone time when we just share them

:pir-thumb:

5 hours ago, zinnn said:

Well, maybe because of the Forum Rules and Lego might not like it - and since this Forum partners with Lego for Conests and such, there are certain rules they have to keep to.

12 hours ago, zinnn said:

During the 2000s Eurobricks got into a lot of trouble sharing leaks too early.  It reached a point where The LEGO Group was considering taking legal action and Eurobrick earned itself as reputation for being a rogue forum that constantly violated their intellectual property.

So Eurobricks had to clean up its act or face dire consequences!

While the attitude towards leaks changed as social media grew more popular, the caution of sharing them in the forum has carried over to present day.

11 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Apparently the price of the set will be 24.99€ and 26.99$.

Do we have an official source to confirm that information yet?

7 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Do we have an official source to confirm that information yet?

No, not official. The US price i have from brickset. The price in Euro i have from a German newsblog. Sombody bought the set in a Legoland Park.

I very nearly bought one of those first sets that popped up on eBay... I had every opportunity to do it. Kind of regretting not pulling the trigger now.

I'm hoping these will be available in LEGOLAND Discovery centers too; I have one near me. 

Shame about the torso, though I do think it's pretty cool that there's a unique LEGOLAND employee print for this set. I like the hairstyle on the minifigure too; is that new?

Welp... another one popped up on eBay for the original price I saw (still too expensive, but oh well) so I jumped on it this time!

Looking forward to doing some comparisons to the awesome (:pir_tong2: @Mister Phes) 4 Juniors Redbeard ship!

On 1/10/2024 at 6:52 AM, PxChris said:

I very nearly bought one of those first sets that popped up on eBay... I had every opportunity to do it. Kind of regretting not pulling the trigger now.

Why didn't you?

15 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Why didn't you?

Purely financial reasons... but as I said in the follow-up post, another did pop up and I did pull the trigger this time. I should have it in hand next week.

3 hours ago, PxChris said:

Purely financial reasons... but as I said in the follow-up post, another did pop up and I did pull the trigger this time. I should have it in hand next week.

Very exciting!

But has this set been officially announced anywhere?

Some of the parts, especially the staff torso, will be very handy for the POBB theme park ride I’ve got planned. Im going to try and use products from these guys https://en.gobrick.co.kr/index.html to have rowboats move around  the Pirates of Barracuda Bay Island. I think it’ll be really cool. Im going to have an assembled, intact Barracuda for my actual Pirates display, but use the island as a theme park attraction for my City display. I may even build Marooned Marin’s version of the ship for my actual Pirates display and have it anchored near Skull Island with Read Beards House by Massenzio on Rebrickable https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-105796/Massenzio/pirate-skull-island-with-redbeards-house/#details , as I fell the latter is a far better land based build than POBB.

On 1/13/2024 at 8:47 PM, Mister Phes said:

But has this set been officially announced anywhere?

No, I don't believe that is has been. I kind of have a feeling that it's not really "supposed" to release until the summer season opens up at LEGOLand parks. It seems that some industrious sellers have been able to get their hands on it early and hence it ending up on eBay for highly inflated prices.

7 hours ago, PxChris said:

No, I don't believe that is has been

Ok, thank ye - I've been itching to write a blog post about it but I've been waiting for the official details.

I do have my copy of the set in-hand as of yesterday afternoon. :pir-wub:

PXL_20240117_225308365_MP.thumb.jpg.76db4967af11854033c3610f944799b7.jpg

Not a problem @Yperio_Bricks!

I plan on scanning the box and instructions soon-ish (maybe this weekend if I find the time) so that Huw can get the Brickset database listing updated. 

I can post them here too if folks would like.

39 minutes ago, eldiano said:

Can you buy this at a legoland? A legoland discovery center perhaps?

It should be available in both, the Legoland parks and discovery centers.