Sign in to follow this  
doomguy

What happened to Big Ben Bricks?

Title says it all, I finally have some more time on my hands so I wanted to order some new train wheels but the website no longer exist, what are the alternatives nowadays?

EDIT: side was conveniently down when i went to browse it, sorry for the scare! can't quite find the delete button on here so..

Edited by doomguy

Or maybe the server was down, it happens sometimes. But now you have it at least!

Not to cause any undue fear of BBB being down, but I've been having this thought lately about what we are going to do if BBB goes down,   are their any open source archives of the medium and XL and XXL drivers?   

I know the folks running the L Gauge Wiki have been meticulous about documenting lego trains as a full hobby gauge.   

Been talking to my buddies has is in the business industrial additive manufacturing and industrial injection molding,  and they really think they could help make own own injection molds for wheels, rails, ect.   

Not for business just out of pure love of the hobby and keeping things around. 

The average lego wheel is max 50mm by 50mm on the large end and a bench top injection mold machine would be perfect for single batches of new wheels. 

Just some ramblings from a wall flower here now back to being quiet hahah. 

On 12/17/2023 at 4:56 PM, Electricsteam said:

Not to cause any undue fear of BBB being down, but I've been having this thought lately about what we are going to do if BBB goes down,   are their any open source archives of the medium and XL and XXL drivers?   

I know the folks running the L Gauge Wiki have been meticulous about documenting lego trains as a full hobby gauge.   

Been talking to my buddies has is in the business industrial additive manufacturing and industrial injection molding,  and they really think they could help make own own injection molds for wheels, rails, ect.   

Not for business just out of pure love of the hobby and keeping things around. 

The average lego wheel is max 50mm by 50mm on the large end and a bench top injection mold machine would be perfect for single batches of new wheels. 

Just some ramblings from a wall flower here now back to being quiet hahah. 

After much consideration I placed an order on BlueBrixx a few days ago. So in the community tab's dedicated BlueBrixx-thread I'll have a little review up as soon as the package lands!

Other than BBB, I am more concerned if Breckland Bricks can go back to business.

Their wheel sets are more convenient with Blockjunction's designs