Brickviller V2

MOC: Shell tanker wagon (7813 remake)

53323738612_84416e34ae_o.jpg  

Presenting the Shell tanker wagon 🚂🔧
As a child, my passion for trains and Lego was unparalleled, especially when it came to Lego trains! One of my cherished possessions was an older catalog showcasing the classic 12-volt trains, fueling my dream of owning those sets one day. Now, with a bit more experience under my belt, I've embarked on the journey of recreating one of those nostalgic sets.

This design is a contemporary update of the classic 1986 Shell Tanker Wagon set, 7813. Incorporating modern elements, it transforms into a readily recognizable, modern iteration of this iconic set. The design posed a bit of a challenge, especially due to the intricate shaping of the domes. I had reservations about the initial digital model's structural strength in real life, but to my surprise, the build is exceptionally robust! 😊

53325068270_6555cbddc0_o.jpg

53324845758_4026e34274.jpg53324956194_91c95b5398.jpg

Instructions are avaliable on Rebrickable

Thank you for watching!

Edited by Brickviller V2

Nice. I have the original kit. This looks like an excellent update, though if it were me I'd use 4-wheel trucks (bogies). ...

Regardless, here is the link to rebrickable instructions:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-163832/Brickvillerv2/shell-tanker-wagon/#details

1 hour ago, Selander said:

Nice design ! A true 7813 "restomod" 

Thanks 🙏

30 minutes ago, ivanlan9 said:

Nice. I have the original kit. This looks like an excellent update, though if it were me I'd use 4-wheel trucks (bogies). ...

Regardless, here is the link to rebrickable instructions:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-163832/Brickvillerv2/shell-tanker-wagon/#details

Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was okay to post a direct link 😅

Edited by Brickviller V2

Great remake. But I would take out the white plate row to make the tanks more spherical.

On 11/11/2023 at 7:25 PM, JopieK said:

Wow that was a splendid remake with new(er) parts! Great job!

Thanks! Appreciate the positive vibes :classic:

On 11/12/2023 at 9:35 AM, R0Sch said:

Great remake. But I would take out the white plate row to make the tanks more spherical.

Thanks for the compliment! I appreciate your suggestion about removing the white plate row to enhance the spherical shape of the tanks. However, it's worth noting that the white plate contributes to the stability of the construction :laugh:

On 11/12/2023 at 11:38 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow, this wagon is amazing I love it and I love the Shell colors! :wub_drool::wub_drool:

Superb work! :thumbup:

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you love the wagon, especially the Shell colors. Your positive feedback is much appreciated. By the way, while doing some research, I came across some of your posts featuring modified sets featuring Shell colors – they're fantastic! 

On 11/12/2023 at 11:49 AM, SpacePolice89 said:

Fantastic build, this should be a real set!

Thank you so much! I appreciate the suggestion that it could be a real set. It's a great compliment :blush:. I wish LEGO would release some rolling stock sets like in the golden era of 12-volt and 9-volt trains, but I don't think they'll do that anytime soon. At least that gives us MOCers something to do.

1 hour ago, Feuer Zug said:

Your reimaging of 7813 is perfect. Well done.

Thank you! I'm delighted to hear that you think the reimagining of 7813 is perfect :sweet:

57 minutes ago, Man with a hat said:

Cool. It looks really nice now with true spherical tanks.

I appreciate your feedback! I'm glad you like the improved look. Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

Edited by Brickviller V2

5 hours ago, Brickviller V2 said:

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you love the wagon, especially the Shell colors. Your positive feedback is much appreciated. By the way, while doing some research, I came across some of your posts featuring modified sets featuring Shell colors – they're fantastic! 

You're too kind! :blush:

That looks so cute! I'd love to see an Octan version too, I can never make up my mind which I prefer 

12 hours ago, spruce said:

That looks so cute! I'd love to see an Octan version too, I can never make up my mind which I prefer 

Thanks :purrr:. Here's the Octan variant. Please take note that the stickers are placed on 2x1 bricks. Unfortunately, I couldn't find an alternative method to position them in Studio.

53331521701_d3e83090ae.jpg

I love it! It resembles the original so much and it has the 80's flair all over it! I also do like the Octan version, I'd say "typically 90's", odd to see that a simple change can give the whole thing a different perspective.

On 11/14/2023 at 10:04 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Do you know that I thought of using this ingenious geometry for a cement wagon?

These spherical tanks are gorgeous! :wub_drool:

Wow, talk about thinking outside the brick!

On 11/15/2023 at 11:44 AM, AlmightyArjen said:

I love it! It resembles the original so much and it has the 80's flair all over it! I also do like the Octan version, I'd say "typically 90's", odd to see that a simple change can give the whole thing a different perspective.

Thanks a lot for the positive vibes! 🙌  It's incredible how the simple flip of a few bricks can transport us through different eras, right?

Edited by Brickviller V2