MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Posted (edited)

Lego updated the clues for the remaining anniversary figures. I pray that this is teasing a reveal of the anniversary sets tomorrow. Probably not though. 

Edited by CloneCommando99

There’s no way the Imperial Armoured Commando helmet won’t be repurposed for Hunter, right? The overall shaping is close to a perfect match.

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Why?? I thought that we were over this! Additionally, the Mando loyalists in the set are Clan Kryze, not Children of the Watch, so the black heads do not even make sense from a “helmet rule” standpoint! We should have gotten four generic heads (ideally two male and two female) that can be swapped among the Minifigs, as we have been getting for Stormtroopers. 

Yeah I agree. These Mandos taking their helmets off was kind of a big deal in the series so the fact that you can't do that is a little weird. 

16 minutes ago, CallumPears said:

Yeah I agree. These Mandos taking their helmets off was kind of a big deal in the series so the fact that you can't do that is a little weird. 

We are all Lego collectors surely we’ve all got a few spare heads to swap around if we are desperate for those mando’s to have a normal head? 

4 minutes ago, Llewop said:

We are all Lego collectors surely we’ve all got a few spare heads to swap around if we are desperate for those mando’s to have a normal head? 

Maybe we all have enough spare heads but there are always new people joining the hobby. Lego raised the price of such sets and now there are not even printed heads under the helmets... not good :thumbdown:

8 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Maybe we all have enough spare heads but there are always new people joining the hobby. Lego raised the price of such sets and now there are not even printed heads under the helmets... not good :thumbdown:

Exactly this. Some people might have extra heads, but not everyone. Heck, I'm a collector, but I don't have a ton of extra parts to swap heads into these.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Love Gideon‘s new faceprints! The neutral one especially is such a good likeness :thumbup:

Agreed, that’s a great likeness. A big improvement over the original head too.

5 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Lego updated the clues for the remaining anniversary figures. I pray that this is teasing a reveal of the anniversary sets tomorrow. Probably not though. 

Second and third are Young Leia and Nien Nunb, respectively. One could be Cal (since he originates from a game), but I am not sure about four - Maybe R2-KT? 

3 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

There’s no way the Imperial Armoured Commando helmet won’t be repurposed for Hunter, right? The overall shaping is close to a perfect match.

I can see it, though the shape towards the chin is more like Crosshair’s than Hunter’s. I would personally like to see a new mould (with helmet holes!) that can be used for both Hunter and Crosshair. 

7 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

1 is cal, 2 is leia, 3 is (apparently) nien- not sure how I didn't get that- and 4 is R2-KT, I guess?

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Second and third are Young Leia and Nien Nunb, respectively. One could be Cal (since he originates from a game), but I am not sure about four - Maybe R2-KT? 

Has to be- thanks for unraveling the Nien clue by the way. I got it from process of elimination but didn't realize the nien-nine thing until your comment. Interesting that the answer during all the "why have more than 6 anniversary figs been rumored" thing is that lego just straight up had more than six. Was KT a late development?

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Has to be- thanks for unraveling the Nien clue by the way. I got it from process of elimination but didn't realize the nien-nine thing until your comment. 

He literally gets his name from the puppet used being the ninth creature prop! 

Posted (edited)

Happy May 4th. I hope we get some reveals of August sets today but I know we most likely won’t.

What Star Wars films or sets are you going to be watching/ building on our fandom’s sacred day? I myself plan on watching TPM, Rogue One, Tales of the Empire and build the Tantive Hallway and Clone vs Droid BP.

Edited by CloneCommando99

1 hour ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Happy May 4th. I hope we get some reveals of August sets today but I know we most likely won’t.

What Star Wars films or sets are you going to be watching/ building on our fandom’s sacred day? I myself plan on watching TPM, Rogue One, Tales of the Empire and build the Tantive Hallway and Clone vs Droid BP.

I have over 50 sealed boxes to do but I can't build due to no room until I move out :( but If I had space I'd build the UCS Falcon,Star Destroyer,Venator and Razor Crest, Films I'd watch would be ROTS,A New Hope,The Empire Strikes Back and Seasons 1-2 of Mando.

9 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I watched the first three episodes of Tales Of The Empire during breakfast, this morning, and i guess that's all I'll be doing today :innocent2:
I don't have any SW sets to build, currently, but am eagerly awaiting news for yet-to-be-revealed sets :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Posted (edited)

The newest Acolyte trailer and poster look awesome. The poster especially confirms that Jedi Vectors are indeed in the show!

If we ever get any sets based on the show, I'm sure one of them has to be Master Sol's Vector (I'm assuming he uses one in the show lol). It would be awesome to get some of those High-Republic era Jedi in minifigure form. I'd wager that sets for the show are indeed planned but will hit a little later due to the premiere being pushed forward, although Hasbro have certainly adapted better than Lego so far with their lineup of Black Series figures.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Noticed something interesting... At Kmart, the price tag on the side of the shelf labels the Tantive IV starship series set as "LEGO STAR WARS 75376 MIDI SCALE TANTIVE IV". I assume that that's just due to an employee entering that as the name because that's what it's known as typically, but it would be cool if there is some sort of hidden label for those sets behind the scenes that denotes them as midi-scale.

4 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

Noticed something interesting... At Kmart, the price tag on the side of the shelf labels the Tantive IV starship series set as "LEGO STAR WARS 75376 MIDI SCALE TANTIVE IV". I assume that that's just due to an employee entering that as the name because that's what it's known as typically, but it would be cool if there is some sort of hidden label for those sets behind the scenes that denotes them as midi-scale.

M&R wants to know your location

Tales of the Empire was underwhelming, they tricked us with Darth Vader who was only shown for 10 seconds.

Also when can we expect the August wave to be revealed ?

4 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Tales of the Empire was underwhelming, they tricked us with Darth Vader who was only shown for 10 seconds.

Also when can we expect the August wave to be revealed ?

I wholeheartedly agree, the animation was phenomenal but the story not so much. I feared so before but now that I’ve watched it I can confirm that Morgan Elsbeth was definitely a wasted character slot. (Why not Kallus, Tarkin, Sloane or Thrawn?!) Only 2 out of the 6 episodes actually featured the Empire. And they made Thrawn seem less like a tactical genius for the sake of Morgan actually having some importance. (IYKYK.) I’m not going to Spoil anything major. 

I have to say that Imperial Star Destroyers look phenomenal in animation (not a spoiler as it was in the Trailer)

I also hope that the summer ISD is a bit of tie-in for TOTE. Especially since we could finally get a certain Legends Imperial officer who made a little cameo in minifigure form.

To be honest I was hoping we’d be getting reveals yesterday. But I’m going to guess sometime in between June 1st and July 1st.

7 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I have to say that Imperial Star Destroyers look phenomenal in animation (not a spoiler as it was in the Trailer)

Was the ISD even in the animation style? Looked to me like they just shoved the model from Rogue One in there. 

33 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Who? 

Spoiler

I believe they are referring to Captain Pallaeon ? But he was in Mando S3 and mentioned in Rebels so maybe not.

49 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Who? 

star-wars-tales-of-the-empire-episode-2-
The only imperial captain I’d want to serve under. (Unless Thrawn’s of that rank at the time.) Thrawn’s right hand man. The Watson to Thrawn’s Sherlock. The imp with the impeccable moustache. The one, the only Captain Pellaeon! 

4 hours ago, CallumPears said:

Was the ISD even in the animation style? Looked to me like they just shoved the model from Rogue One in there. 

It looked animated to me. But I’m not sure whether that’s the case.

Anyway. Do you guys have any predictions for the final 4 figures? I’ve heard bounty hunters and droids being thrown around. I would personally want as many imperials as possible. And also what play features we should be expecting in the set (aside from the obvious bridge)

1 hour ago, CloneCommando99 said:

And also what play features we should be expecting in the set (aside from the obvious bridge)

I do hope they'll do the spinning turrets again, those are super fun. Being able to control all of them at once remotely is way better than an actual shooting feature.