MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 minutes ago, CallumPears said:

Remember in Charlie and the Chocolate factory when Slugworth wanted to get an everlasting gobstopper early so he could steal the design and undercut Wonka's market? Yeah, that's why. 

Also if a set leaks and then gets cancelled for whatever reason it could be bad PR for LEGO if it's something people were looking forward to. 

Well, yeah, understandable. Thank you for the explanation!

Not sure if this is old news (Star Wars isn't my theme), but according to Brick Clicker's latest video, the Captain Rex minifigure in the upcoming microfighter is the very same one as in the Venator - cloth piece and all.

4 hours ago, CallumPears said:

Also if a set leaks and then gets cancelled for whatever reason it could be bad PR for LEGO if it's something people were looking forward to. 

See: the Temple of Doom meltdown that is still occurring 13 months later on certain parts of the Internet.  I mean, I wanted that set too, but that was a whole fiasco.

5 hours ago, Jockos said:

A completely off-topic, but since it came up, I have the urge to ask: why is it bad for TLG to have leaks? I mean, on one hand, the people who follow these leaks are the minority of the consumers, and even if they decide to not buy a leaked set, it doesn't affect TLG's sales that much, I imagine. On the other hand, if there's a promising upcoming set, it can hype up sales quite well, too.

Knockoff companies can get knockoffs out faster- sometimes before the official set. There's also bad press if they cancel a set too late in the game, or make changes people don't like.

But the main reason is actually the opposite of your last sentence. Usually when sets leak, it's prelims. Potato quality images. That sort of thing. It's sets leaking in a way lego doesn't want them presented to the public. It's as simple as they want their product to be shown off by them, in the best light, not on instagram from some random guy through a twelve pixel image. 

5 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Ofc anything can work, but will those things actually sell well? 

My point in comparing it with helmets wasn't about them being niche, it was about understanding a lot of people will want Boba, Vader, Stormtrooper, Mandalorian helmets, but if you are going to get to something as obscure as Boushh helmet in just 3 years that will sell horribly you will quickly be ending the sub line. Same thing will happen to these sets in my opinion. Give it 3 more years and 9-12 more of these sets and they will quickly get to some pretty obscure stuff that just won't sell. How many people outside of the super-fan forums can even recognize half of the sets on your list?

That's not a good example. There are still tons of well-known helmets they can do. Most clones and imperials, for one. Kylo ren, Grievous's head, etc would also work very well. Boushh was chosen as an ROTJ anniversary tie-in. 

50 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Grievous's head

Hoping the reason we didn’t get this is the same reason we didn’t get 3PO, which is that we’ll get a full-length buildable figure to join the droid lineup 

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Knockoff companies can get knockoffs out faster- sometimes before the official set. There's also bad press if they cancel a set too late in the game, or make changes people don't like.

But the main reason is actually the opposite of your last sentence. Usually when sets leak, it's prelims. Potato quality images. That sort of thing. It's sets leaking in a way lego doesn't want them presented to the public. It's as simple as they want their product to be shown off by them, in the best light, not on instagram from some random guy through a twelve pixel image.

Yes, you are right. I wasn't too precise, but what I meant by leaks were the pieces of information of sets, not the prelims you wrote, but I guess it has the same effect on knock-offs.

16 hours ago, Renown said:

Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

Dr. Pershing is that you?

I really do hope this is a hint to an upcoming set/figure and not a farewell

10 minutes ago, Per_SW said:

Dr. Pershing is that you?

I really do hope this is a hint to an upcoming set/figure and not a farewell

Either that or please just let that quote be hinting at one of the officers in the Death Star Playset being ISB.

If this is truly the end for Renown. I’ve only been here since January but I understand that he’s been a good reliable leaker for a long time and was the first to report on Fives and Malak. Renown if you are reading this and it is indeed the end of your leaking I just want to say thank you for your service to the LSW community and May The Force Be With you. Always.

Also the quote has the implication that Lego has a sub-basement for their prisoners where the Lego rats nibble helmet holes into the them as an interrogation technique.
1984 is a phenomenal book btw and I highly recommend it. However i honestly prefer George Orwell’s other famous book “Animal Farm” as it’s outstanding in content and in how Orwell was able to predict the future of the USSR.

13 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

The Sabine minifigure from the shuttle is coming in an upcoming Star Wars minifigure! 

You mean it's coming in a magazine? Can't find a source for that in the usual places. 

8 minutes ago, commdr_neyo said:

You mean it's coming in a magazine? Can't find a source for that in the usual places. 

Brick Clicker's latest video. He shows the paper bag that comes with the magazine.

some sketches from queen amidala and boss nass from the upcoming book have been surfaced on instagram, they are the same as the characters from the lego star wars 2005 video game, it's interesting to see that back in the time lego thought about including them in some sets and later they were used as reference for the game

11 hours ago, brickbride said:

Not sure if this is old news (Star Wars isn't my theme), but according to Brick Clicker's latest video, the Captain Rex minifigure in the upcoming microfighter is the very same one as in the Venator - cloth piece and all.

Since the only images that leakers could have seen would be the box art, there is a chance that Rex has a new head (without bandage), so possibly not exactly the same as in the Venator. 

5 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Either that or please just let that quote be hinting at one of the officers in the Death Star Playset being ISB. 

The only ISB officers seen on the Death Star in ANH are Yularen and the other guy seen walking with him outside the turbolifts; of these, Yularen is more likely to appear in the set. 
That said, I do doubt that @Renown’s quote is a hint towards a Minifig. 🫤

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Renown has corrected/clarified hints before, and he hasn't been on in the hours since his comment. While it's definitely possible that they got him, there's still hope. 

If they did get him, it is sad though. By far my favorite leaker- had fun with it with the quotes without trying to spread a single piece of info out over a full livestream or make himself a brand.

Still going, sadly. 

15 minutes ago, Renown said:

Still going, sadly. 

Thank the maker!

Now we just have to figure out what the hell the 1984 qoute is. No way it's caravan of courage, so my guess now is a brainwashed character- and probably not a clone given how many that would apply to. Tseebo? (of course not, but a man can dream)

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Now we just have to figure out what the hell the 1984 qoute is. No way it's caravan of courage, so my guess now is a brainwashed character- and probably not a clone given how many that would apply to. Tseebo? (of course not, but a man can dream)

My guess would be Bix from Andor.

52 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Thank the maker!

Republic Armor Crosshair ? even though he has that suit again in Season 3.

4 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

My guess would be Bix from Andor.

As much as I'd love more Andor content (and Bix is an excellent character from it), I don't think it's this. I doubt we'll get much more from Andor, and Bix isn't exactly the top of most people's lists. I mainly see the Fondor Haulcraft and a battle pack using the patrol speeder, and Bix doesn't really fit in either set.

4 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Republic Armor Crosshair ? even though he has that suit again in Season 3.

Crosshair is actually an excellent guess, since he deals with the brainwashing aspect a lot more than most clones. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Crosshair is actually an excellent guess, since he deals with the brainwashing aspect a lot more than most clones. 

Young Leia set is actually a Zillo Beast based off BB?

Characters that fit the quote: Crosshair, ISB officer, Bix Calleen, Dr Pershing and literally all the inquisitors.

Edit: CX clone assassins from BB also fit this description.

Edited by CloneCommando99

On 4/22/2024 at 7:56 PM, Renown said:

Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

I really think of the mindwipe-or-whatever scene with Dr. Pershing when I read this quote. It's possible we could get another Mandalorian Season 3 set.

My first thought was Fives, but then I went, "We have him already..." :laugh:

Posted (edited)

Hooray for @Renown still being with us! :excited:

As for the hint, it has to be about a regular minifig since we now know all of the anniversary ones. The only sets with some still unidentified minifigs are Jedi Bob’s Starfighter, the Death Star playset, and the Dark Falcon (plus the Skeleton Crew ship, but we know nothing about the characters yet).

None of them have obvious options though. The Falcon minifigs are non-canon (apart from Dark Rey), so how could one of them be confidently called brainwashed, the DS set has no clear candidates either, and the Jedi Bob set even less so. Unless there’s a set we’re unaware of? :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hooray for @Renown still being with us! :excited:

As for the hint, it has to be about a regular minifig since we now know all of the anniversary ones. The only sets with some still unidentified minifigs are Jedi Bob’s Starfighter, the Death Star playset, and the Dark Falcon (plus the Skeleton Crew ship, but we know nothing about the characters yet).

None of them have obvious options though. The Falcon minifigs are non-canon (apart from Dark Rey), so how could one of them be confidently called brainwashed, the DS set has no clear candidates either, and the Jedi Bob set even less so. Unless there’s a set we’re unaware of? :shrug_oh_well:

IIRC there might be a few later in the year ( like Autumn) with absolutely no details.

45 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

IIRC there might be a few later in the year ( like Autumn) with absolutely no details.

First I‘m hearing of this! There are currently no set numbers unaccounted for, and we’ve had complete set lists for the entire year for all the themes for quite a while now :shrug_oh_well: And if there was another wave, we‘d be at six this year! Or seven, if you count the Sail Barge and the anniversary set as the October wave :laugh: