MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Since every Night Trooper is unique in that they have different damages to the armor, different red stripes of fabric, different gold inlays etc, I wonder how Lego would/could handle this. Every minifig in a potential Night Trooper battlepack would need exclusive printing, no?

If they did 2 or 3 unique full-figures it'd give us a load of possible combinations which I'd be happy with. Ideally we'd get 2 with fully-white helmets, and one with a darker helmet since those are less numerous in the show. 

1 hour ago, Llewop said:

They’ll just have a black head like the old stormtroopers. Marrok never saw his face and he was the same as the night troopers and just had a black head so the night troopers would be the same. Until they show in the show/films what’s under their helmets what they look like they’ll always just have plain head.

Nah if they do make them they'd almost certainly have random faces like all the Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, etc. we've had over the past few years. They're just normal troopers until a few of them get zombified and even then they wouldn't have any decomposition yet. (Except the Death Troopers we see at the end)

3 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Since every Night Trooper is unique in that they have different damages to the armor, different red stripes of fabric, different gold inlays etc, I wonder how Lego would/could handle this. Every minifig in a potential Night Trooper battlepack would need exclusive printing, no?

That is exactly why I don’t see night troopers being in a battle-pack rather than 2 or more showing up in a much larger set where Lego would justify the multiple printing costs a bit more. Once again, we need a normal stormtrooper battlepack before we get any more special variants, night troopers are cool but normal stormtroopers are more predominant in all content and therefore should be more accessible in quantity to kids than they have been in the last two years.

2 hours ago, Llewop said:

with the Death Star set I had originally hoped we would have less named characters and more generic troopers/officers but if this really is the equivalent to Yavin well then I feel like it’s going the other way and we will have loads of named characters and maybe one/two generic troopers. Don’t know if that’ll be good or bad there’s pros and cons to both just hoping to hear more info soon on all these 

I too would prefer the Death-Star playset to be more focused on generic imperial military personnel. However since the inclusion of named characters is inevitable, I’m just hoping that they are ones that are desirable.

I also do agree that we need a normal stormtrooper battle pack so we can easily garrison the upcoming Death Star playset.

What are you May 4th purchase priorities? With the number of sets available and inflated prices it won’t take many to reach whatever threshold they set for the gwp. I actually added the price of all the sets of potential interest to me and the sum total was absurdly high. A bit depressing. Every year I tell my AFOL-self to stop purchasing to get gwps but given some SW sets I have never seen on sale so far (gunship, ghost) I might just break my tentative rule yet again.

40 minutes ago, Arjo said:

What are you May 4th purchase priorities? With the number of sets available and inflated prices it won’t take many to reach whatever threshold they set for the gwp. I actually added the price of all the sets of potential interest to me and the sum total was absurdly high. A bit depressing. Every year I tell my AFOL-self to stop purchasing to get gwps but given some SW sets I have never seen on sale so far (gunship, ghost) I might just break my tentative rule yet again.

None. Saving for Jabba :alien:

Wise decision… though my personal guess is that it will feel quite small for the price and/or not compare too well to other big sets coming up later in the year such that I don’t expect to be tempted. One never knows though!

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It‘s the complete opposite for me :laugh_hard: Now that we‘re getting the armoured commandos / beskar troopers in the June BP, the idea of a night trooper BP has ascended to my #1 spot :sweet: I don‘t want a BP of figures I already have 20+ copies of :tongue:

I’m thinking more along the lines of shoretroopers, purge troopers, incinerator troopers, mudtroopers, ISB agents/officers, some of the imperial soldiers from Andor. Definitely not the standard but any of those please before the night troopers well for me at least 

1 hour ago, Arjo said:

Wise decision… though my personal guess is that it will feel quite small for the price and/or not compare too well to other big sets coming up later in the year such that I don’t expect to be tempted. One never knows though!

All depends on what that droid carrier looks like that is rumoured to be coming of its good I’ll get the March and May sets I want to get it if not I’ll wait for the sales. I mean I have to save up for Barad dur. Don’t even know where I’ll even display that (if my wife even lets me haha) but that’s a different topic. I was hoping the lightsabers would become a theme like the helmets rather than GWPs if the rumour is right for jabbas sail barge 

25 minutes ago, Llewop said:

I’m thinking more along the lines of shoretroopers, purge troopers, incinerator troopers, mudtroopers, ISB agents/officers, some of the imperial soldiers from Andor. Definitely not the standard but any of those please before the night troopers well for me at least 

While I’d also like to see all of these (besides the lame unmasked soldiers), none of them are all that relevant currenty :shrug_oh_well: A shoretrooper BP would‘ve made sense when RO came out, now they only show up sporadically here and there. Purgetroopers mostly showed up in the Obi-Wan Kenobi show and the Jedi games, which don‘t get much love from TLG anyway. Mudtroopers weren‘t really important since Solo and incinerator troopers since Mando S1 respectively.

The night troopers however were very prominently featured in Ahsoka and will most likely show up again in Filoni‘s movie. Easily more relevant than all the others :laugh:

6 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Ideally, though we have had good numbers of new prints in battle packs before. They can also mix and match torsos/heads/legs with each other if they're cheaping out a bit.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It‘s the complete opposite for me :laugh_hard: Now that we‘re getting the armoured commandos / beskar troopers in the June BP, the idea of a night trooper BP has ascended to my #1 spot :sweet: I don‘t want a BP of figures I already have 20+ copies of :tongue:

While I agree that a night trooper BP is very needed (though maybe moreso because we're getting Perida and Thrawn and Enoch need some troops to command), I think this is another scenario where it's important to remember kids are still the primary demo for system sets, and the last time stormtroopers were army-buildible was 2019. 

No reason we can't get two imperial battlepacks in the same year or so, seeing as the past 4 years were near-solely dedicated to clones.

1 hour ago, Llewop said:

I’d like to add TK troopers to that list, too. They’re pretty prevalent in The Bad Batch right now, but with the lack of sets for the show and the possibility of them not appearing outside of it, I fear we may have missed the window. Hopefully not, though. 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While I’d also like to see all of these (besides the lame unmasked soldiers), none of them are all that relevant currenty :shrug_oh_well: A shoretrooper BP would‘ve made sense when RO came out, now they only show up sporadically here and there. Purgetroopers mostly showed up in the Obi-Wan Kenobi show and the Jedi games, which don‘t get much love from TLG anyway. Mudtroopers weren‘t really important since Solo and incinerator troopers since Mando S1 respectively.

The night troopers however were very prominently featured in Ahsoka and will most likely show up again in Filoni‘s movie. Easily more relevant than all the others :laugh:

My point kind of is they’ve all featured in recent shows/films and would sell really well. The mortar trooper had a few seconds in Mando S2 and managed to appear in a set he wasn’t even in. At this point from the Disney plus shows there is a long list of potential sets and bps we could have from all factions but I think for these night troopers it would be probably better when the filoni film comes out (if it ever does) because at least films most the time get entire waves devoted to them and can free up shelf space in the short term for something else. At this point I’d take any imperial battle pack I’m glad we are getting half of one in June 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think this is another scenario where it's important to remember kids are still the primary demo for system sets, and the last time stormtroopers were army-buildible was 2019. 

Fair enough. I‘d be fine with a stormie BP if we got at least one interesting new troop variant with it (incinerator trooper or purge trooper) and of course a separate night trooper BP. After all the clone BPs, I wouldn‘t mind some Imperial ones, be they pre- or post-ROTJ :laugh: 

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Fair enough. I‘d be fine with a stormie BP if we got at least one interesting new troop variant with it (incinerator trooper or purge trooper) and of course a separate night trooper BP. After all the clone BPs, I wouldn‘t mind some Imperial ones, be they pre- or post-ROTJ :laugh: 

There’s a bunch of cool extremely common storm trooper variants that could include more variety such as your mention of the incinerator trooper: Flame-trooper, Heavy trooper, scout trooper, Vader’s fist trooper, Shock trooper or even a stormtrooper commander would be some variety. 
However if there was a battlepack with 4 of the same trooper it would be stormtroopers as we usually see them patrol in squads of 4.

But despite my desire to expand my generic imperial forces. There are some battlepacks that would be cool. 1) Imperial army trooper battlepack, 2) Night Trooper battlepack, 2) TK trooper Battlepack, Purge Trooper battlepack (most unlikely as Lego won’t do FO sets), imperial commando battlepack.

If Lego won’t do a full imperial stormtrooper battlepack I’d prefer Imperial Army to Night-troopers as the IA are more common and thus more versatile in Mocs and play for kids. As opposed to the night-troopers who so far have only been seen on one area of one planet.

5 hours ago, Arjo said:

As hyped as I initially was by May 4th, I was hoping for something cooler than the Battle Droid Carrier. Still, if it looks good enough I might buy the Sith Infiltrator, Boarding the Tantive IV, and January Battle Pack. That Space Diner GWP may command my attention though.

A Night Trooper Battle Pack would be awesome. I don’t necessarily think the figures have to be that distinct from one another to represent how ragged they look in the show - like @Mandalorianknight says just mixing and matching torso and leg prints is enough. The fact that we get so many named characters crammed into the Peridea set makes me think a battle pack is unlikely though. 

It’d be great to get the Death Trooper and Shoretrooper helmets back into circulation. As helmet moulds go, they really get the proportions right whilst looking suitably abstracted from their real-life counterparts.

9 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

As for the Mandalorian bunker set, I would fully expect Paz to be the exact same figure but with a different build for his weapon, especially because the set is already going to include brand new figures for armored Moff Gideon and the Praetorian guards.

I’m at least expecting an upgraded helmet for Paz. Mando (Dura & Baskar variants) both look way better, and Bo’s latest helmet is a work. His current looks a bit derpy compared to his latest remnant-era counterparts.

On 4/6/2024 at 2:17 AM, Flawless Cowboy said:

The overwhelming majority of people who buy battle packs do not remotely care for such things. Why would Lego cater to a fraction of a minority instead of giving kids a neat jet pack figure that can “fly”? Is an officer cooler than that to a seven year old?

Well you don't really have any data to back those claims. It's just arguing for the sake of arguing I feel like. There is no way to know how many 7 year olds even bought the set or if jet trooper inside had that kind of an impact or that people wouldn't buy the set if instead of a jet trooper we got AT-RT driver. Why wouldn't they cater to 10 thousand passionate fans asking for something for 9 years? One single person building a 501st legion had to buy 3072 sets by himself. 100 people that replicated the 332nd army had to get 48 sets by themselves. Would 7 year olds all given up on332nd battle pack because one Maul's super commando was included instead of that innacurate Vaughn?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

I’m at least expecting an upgraded helmet for Paz. Mando (Dura & Baskar variants) both look way better, and Bo’s latest helmet is a work. His current looks a bit derpy compared to his latest remnant-era counterparts.

Yeah that'd be good. Both Paz and the Armourer had their visors printed weirdly low down on their helmets in the forge set. 

Edited by CallumPears

8 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Well you don't really have any data to back those claims. It's just arguing for the sake of arguing I feel like. There is no way to know how many 7 year olds even bought the set or if jet trooper inside had that kind of an impact or that people wouldn't buy the set if instead of a jet trooper we got AT-RT driver. Why wouldn't they cater to 10 thousand passionate fans asking for something for 9 years? One single person building a 501st legion had to buy 3072 sets by himself. 100 people that replicated the 332nd army had to get 48 sets by themselves. Would 7 year olds all given up on332nd battle pack because one Maul's super commando was included instead of that innacurate Vaughn?

It’s an opinion no one will ever know but I’ve always viewed the way battlepacks have always been marketed is for kids (look at legos promo pics). It’s a set where they can get cool troops at pocket money prices. It’s always personal choice if someone wants to buy 1 or a 1000 of them remember nobody forces anyone to buy any sets if you don’t quite like the figures and designs. Bricklink and eBay exist to buy/get rid of the desirable/undesirable figures from the bp you don’t like. 

I’ve always felt army building is more for warhammer rather than Lego but for those who do it fair play, must have a lot more disposable income than myself, I never get why all the streamers and YouTubers buy so many bps. 

I miss the days when we got 4 battle packs a year and they covered all factions. Depending on what it is, clones I prefer the 3 similar and 1 unique but like rebels I prefer 4 different figures completely. It’s the variety that’s key to their success as these days whilst the clones are cool give us some more variety Lego.

at least the bp in June can give us a chance to get some beskar imperials and a few new Mandolorians.

To change the subject somewhat, is there any news about an Acolyte set? Hopefully if there isn’t one this year there will be one in January 2025 because it would be great to get more High Republic jedi 

26 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

To change the subject somewhat, is there any news about an Acolyte set? Hopefully if there isn’t one this year there will be one in January 2025 because it would be great to get more High Republic jedi 

Feel like it’ll be more 2025 if we do, IMO this show feels like it’s going to be marmite. People will either love it or hate it Lego might wait to see what kind of reception it gets before deciding to dedicate sets to it. There might be stuff still to come it’s very rare being in April and knowing all the sets for the year 

3 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It's funny how there's a Skeleton Crew set coming sooner though the Acolyte's coming out first.

Would not be surprised if that Skeleton Crew set gets canned for the time being.

47 minutes ago, Old Master said:

It's funny how there's a Skeleton Crew set coming sooner though the Acolyte's coming out first.

Would not be surprised if that Skeleton Crew set gets canned for the time being.

Wasn’t Skelton Crew supposed to come out last year but the writers strike caused the delay? 

if there wasn’t any issues with the strike I’m pretty sure the show was supposed to come out then we get the ship. I can see it selling badly if they do decide to sell it before it’s aired 

12 minutes ago, Llewop said:

Wasn’t Skelton Crew supposed to come out last year but the writers strike caused the delay? 

Yeah, Skeleton Crew was originally supposed to come out last year before the Acolyte. 

2 hours ago, Old Master said:

It’s kind of like the eternals sets were out ages before the film came out due to covid 

Love the new droideka pics. Sold on that set. I like the diorama but will wait for a discount unless I need to meet the May 4th GWP. Hoping for TIE Interceptor images soon! I hope they re-do the cockpit area from the previous TIE Fighter, too blocky. Also a new stand would be nice, the one with the TIE Fighter just didn't do it for me (I know that is getting particular). 

I too am pleased with how droideka looks. Will probably buy it around middle of May (when classic space GWP promotion is up) as may 4th is reserved for UCS TIE interceptor. Can't wait for pics! I have the old UCS TIE fighter and I'm really interested in how they will make the cockpit this time as opposed to a somewhat classic approach with the UCS TIE fighter