MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

That sounds like a really good figure selection! :thumbup: Excited to see the new versions of Jabba, Crumb, and Max Reebo especially! The last ones were pretty much perfect, so this is gonna be interesting :sweet: 

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That sounds like a really good figure selection! :thumbup: Excited to see the new versions of Jabba, Crumb, and Max Reebo especially! The last ones were pretty much perfect, so this is gonna be interesting :sweet: 

Watch Lego pull a 2019 stormtrooper. Mark my words.

5 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Agreed. However I wouldn’t mind if it was Pink and had an astromech socket for R2 KT.

Do we have any predictions on what the second figure in that set may be? I believe it was confirmed to not be an astromech. I liked Mandr’s theory of it being a Phase1 clone pilot, despite not being a fan of his channel. I would love it if it was Fordo. Mostly because it would shut up all the annoying ‘Clone’ stans who are whining that it’s unfair that we not getting any Clone sets this August.

We still don't have any info. Some have suggested another highly memed LEGO Star Wars character like Rebel Friend, a hot tub Stormtrooper, Yarael Poof, or Yadel but that's all just wishlisting until we get more info. 

Solid Brix already has a review up for the Sith Infiltrator. I really do feel this is the best we’ve gotten, the finish is head and shoulders above the previous renditions and the play features are clever and look very fun. I don’t mind the scaling or the proportions, this is a toy after all, not an exhibition model. Accuracy should never come at the cost of fun. 

7 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Solid Brix already has a review up for the Sith Infiltrator. I really do feel this is the best we’ve gotten, the finish is head and shoulders above the previous renditions and the play features are clever and look very fun. I don’t mind the scaling or the proportions, this is a toy after all, not an exhibition model. Accuracy should never come at the cost of fun. 

Yep :thumbup:

And Saw looks fantastic! So much better than in the very green renders. (My only nitpick are the ugly studs they always have on the back of the armor.)

19 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Here's the list from Max's video:

• Jabba (new mould)
  • Bib Fortuna
  • Salacious B Crumb
  • Klaatu
  • One more alien (Barada?)
  • waiter R2-D2
  • C-3PO
  • Gamorrean Guard
  • Max Rebo
  • Huttslayer Leia

75369 Escape from the Sarlacc Pit:

• Boba
  • Luke
  • Han
  • Lando
  • Chewie
  • One more alien (Weequay?)

40730 Luke's green lightsaber GWP release with sail barge

It’s really disappointing that this is all we’re getting, with seemingly none of the interesting non-guard patrons and only 10 figs. I’m glad I have my Ree-Yees and the Quarren stand-in for Tessek from Boba Fett’s Throne Room, but it would’ve been nice to get a Saelt-Marae “Yak Face” or J’Quille. Hopefully the one guard is indeed Barada, using the same bandanna mould that Vane used.

But it is at least much better than the original rumour of 2 figs and no interior. 

11 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Oh my, I just had a crazy thought: what if it's white, black, and the new reddish orange to fit the color scheme of the cross-theme Space initiative they've been doing this year and they slap the Space logo on the corner of the box! That would be absolutely  wild but I'd be here for it :roflmao:

That would also be a crazy idea, and I love it! The second figure could be a Classic Space trooper or Classic Space vader!

7 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Agreed. However I wouldn’t mind if it was Pink and had an astromech socket for R2 KT.

Do we have any predictions on what the second figure in that set may be? I believe it was confirmed to not be an astromech. I liked Mandr’s theory of it being a Phase1 clone pilot, despite not being a fan of his channel. I would love it if it was Fordo. Mostly because it would shut up all the annoying ‘Clone’ stans who are whining that it’s unfair that we not getting any Clone sets this August.

I would love it if it was pink- that would be incredible.

I think there were rumors it was an updated jedi bob and 25th anniversary 2002 jedi bob, but that's apparently not the case.

The phase 1 clone pilot theory sounds like classic MandR angerbaiting- drop the idea of it being something like that in peoples' heads to get his followers riled up when it's not a clone. Fordo would of course be wonderful but is also pretty unlikely. (Also, are people complaining about the fact that there might be one (1) wave without clone sets? After how many we've had over the last 4 years? Sometimes this fanbase really gets on my nerves.)

3 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

2x Battle of Peridea

Based double tantive IV hallway purchase, but why 2 Perideas? I thought every figure in that set was a named character?

7 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yep :thumbup:

And Saw looks fantastic! So much better than in the very green renders. (My only nitpick are the ugly studs they always have on the back of the armor.)

Doesn't the cape cover those this time?

While the studs aren't perfect, I view it as a helmet hole situation. Yes, it's not as accurate, but it vastly increases customizability/playability, and that's what's important. This allows people to add shoulder cannons or weapon storage or a jet pack or what have you onto the armor.

Posted (edited)

$880 CAD for the full scene, 16 figures (plus 6 duplicates and a duplicate sarlacc) is rough and very hard on my wallet. Here’s hoping I can get some good value back from selling the gift with purchase. 

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That would also be a crazy idea, and I love it! The second figure could be a Classic Space trooper or Classic Space vader!

Hasn’t it already leaked that the Jedi bob starfighter is red and white? 

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Based double tantive IV hallway purchase, but why 2 Perideas? I thought every figure in that set was a named character?

Yes, they are named characters. But the set is rather cheap and i like to keep one minfig as is and use the other one to create new characters for my mocs.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Doesn't the cape cover those this time?

While the studs aren't perfect, I view it as a helmet hole situation. Yes, it's not as accurate, but it vastly increases customizability/playability, and that's what's important. This allows people to add shoulder cannons or weapon storage or a jet pack or what have you onto the armor.

The cape covers the studs well i guess. If the cape would be a little bit wider it would be even better coverage. My problem are not the studs per se but that they look bulky and if you attach something it builds up quickly. Same with the clip on the back of some armors. For example, if you attach a lighsaber hilt to an inquisitor's armor it stands out too much when looking from the side. But that's just my personal taste i guess and as you say, others like to attach weapons and brickbuild backpacks and stuff.

TheBrickFan is reporting the BARC Speeder Escape is $21.99.

Unless I missed it here, it was thought to be $29.99. That certainly makes it more bearable. I’m more OK paying $16.50 (standard 20% discount) for the figs. I might’ve read future Battle Packs are being bumped up to the same price (?), too. Since both have “four” figures, this price point makes much more sense.

7 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

TheBrickFan is reporting the BARC Speeder Escape is $21.99.

Unless I missed it here, it was thought to be $29.99. That certainly makes it more bearable. I’m more OK paying $16.50 (standard 20% discount) for the figs. I might’ve read future Battle Packs are being bumped up to the same price (?), too. Since both have “four” figures, this price point makes much more sense.

It’s listed as $30 USD on LEGO’s website right now, so I don’t think that’s changing.

22 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

$880 CAD for the full scene, 16 figures (plus 6 duplicates and a duplicate sarlacc) is rough and very hard on my wallet. Here’s hoping I can get some good value back from selling the gift with purchase. 

The other lightsaber builds have gone for quite a bit on BL, I bought the Cantina during the VIP window and made back like $100 by selling the Yoda lightsaber promo.  I expected the price on that to go down as most GWPs do (start off high and then drop once the hype dies down + supply increases), but annoyingly, it appears to be even more, I could've made back nearly 2/3rds of the original purchase price :hmpf_bad:.

Anyway, I think it depends on whether or not it's VIP/Insider exclusive.  The Yoda one was only available for VIPs during the early release window, so I think it's a lot rarer, whereas the Luke appeared to just be a general release as long as you bought the AT-AT, and that one goes for around $100 on BL.  If this is a VIP-only promo, I think it'll end up being probably $200+, since it's a $500 set, but a general release likely will be like $80-100?

Either way, it's a solid chunk of the price that you can make back, especially since UCS stuff doesn't ever go on sale, so you may as well buy it early if you 100% know you're going to want it.

The Endor and Hoth imperial speeder bikes were so well done, it’s a shame Lego doesn’t refine the clone bikes. All three barc speeders they’ve done since 2020 are way too big and way too ugly. The lamp is superior to the speeder in this set. 

53 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

The Endor and Hoth imperial speeder bikes were so well done, it’s a shame Lego doesn’t refine the clone bikes. All three barc speeders they’ve done since 2020 are way too big and way too ugly. The lamp is superior to the speeder in this set. 

As a massive speeder fan I 100% agree. Apart from those 2 you named I also like the Mandalorian speeder from trouble on Tatooine, but Hoth and Endor ones are superior to anything else in the past 4 years.

1 hour ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Hasn’t it already leaked that the Jedi bob starfighter is red and white? 

I don't know if we've had that concretely. There have been a lot of rumors about that set and the dark falcon that I haven't seen confirmed by reliable leakers. People were saying Jedi Bob's starfighter had a 25th anniversary fig and we know now that's not true.

1 hour ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yes, they are named characters. But the set is rather cheap and i like to keep one minfig as is and use the other one to create new characters for my mocs.

That makes sense- these figures should be good for mocs with the white jedi robe, Grand Admiral's uniform, etc.

1 hour ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

To be fair, you could probably just get another skiff somewhere else rather than buying a $90 USD set for what's probably ~50% of it's build and one of the 6 figs.

Are we thinking that Bob’s starfighter is going to be a conventional Delta 7 or ETA 2 Jedi starfighter or Lego’s going to make a completely original build?

Ooh, interesting question!
I'm intrigued by a totally new shape, but a classic shape in a new color would be very welcome, too :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

56 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

To be fair, you could probably just get another skiff somewhere else rather than buying a $90 USD set for what's probably ~50% of it's build and one of the 6 figs.

True. Also, for some reason I thought it was $60 USD instead of $90. Which would make buying 2 of them and the barge $940 CAD. 

But yeah, it’ll probably be cheaper to part out a second skiff on Bricklink or Bricks and Pieces, so that’ll be something I’ll look into when the set is revealed. 

47 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Are we thinking that Bob’s starfighter is going to be a conventional Delta 7 or ETA 2 Jedi starfighter or Lego’s going to make a completely original build?

Hoping for a well done Delta 7. They’ve never done it justice and the original from 2002 remains the most accurately shaped. 

Posted (edited)

Is Slave Leia going to be like the 2013 version or will Lego censor it a bit  ? Not that it really matters but accuracy is key.

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

20 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Is Slave Leia going to be like the 2013 version or will Lego censor it a bit?

Oh, I'm sure the changes will be negligible.

dIPQ0Xw.jpeg

I don't think the Lady Jessica would remain very long in Jabba's Palace like that. She has the Voice at her disposal, and who knows how well Bene Gesserit wiles work on space slugs? Unless - gasp - you're not telling me the big green character is an unreleased prototype of Leto II Atreides, are you?

34 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Is Slave Leia going to be like the 2013 version or will Lego censor it a bit  ? Not that it really matters but accuracy is key.

How could they possibly censor it? The only thing I could see them changing is being cheap using a generic mould for her hair without the metal pieces. But I still don’t think that’s too likely. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

How could they possibly censor it? The only thing I could see them changing is being cheap using a generic mould for her hair without the metal pieces. But I still don’t think that’s too likely. 

Really hope not- the 2013 hairpiece is already expensive enough without the price being driven up further by people wanting to replace the hair on a new version- but it's definitely something they might try to get away with (like Padmé using Jyn's head while the 2013 version had a great exclusive print). 

Even so that would be laziness, not censoring. The only thing I can think of is removing the "chest details" present on the 2006 version but they were gone in 2013 anyway so wouldn't be anything new. 

Edited by CallumPears