MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 3/3/2024 at 5:32 AM, Llewop said:

At this point Vaders Tie is the only variant we haven’t got in the ost few years.

Tie Defender and Tie Crawler crying in the background from you and Lego’s neglect.

But anyway I do agree that there’s a 50% chance of a tie advanced being in the set.

10 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Tie Defender and Tie Crawler crying in the background from you and Lego’s neglect.

The Crawler isn’t canon and the Defender only appears in the later seasons of Rebels. Not surprising those two don’t get much love :tongue: And the TIE Drone cries even harder since you forgot that one!

16 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I’m kinda just hoping that the Death Star playset can double as a generic imperial base with a small hangar. Anyone else?

Ooh, good thinking! Yes, that'd be nice :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

6 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

But anyway I do agree that there’s a 50% chance of a tie advanced being in the set.

Well I was thinking more from the films. 

and yes definitely a 50% chance, it’s either in the set or it isn’t lol.

i think they’ll have one 

And the book-exclusive minifig is…

…Maul, with 25th anniversary printing on the back. We don‘t see the front, but since he comes with a hood and his regular lightsaber, it‘s probably a reprint of the 1999 one, in the same vein as the 20th anniversary figures.

Sure, it could theoretically also be the Rebels version, but wouldn‘t they use the Inquisitor lightsaber hilt if that was the case? Then again, it‘s broken in the show, so who knows.

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Source ? 

1 minute ago, Duke27 said:

Source ? 

The usual place

So if the pilot for the X-Wing is not Luke, Lego has still officially never made Red 4, 8, or 9, though 4 and 9s helmets exist through the Sandspeeder and T-16 pilot. 

I assume the fig actually comes with a cape but the book just shows it being off in the photo to show off the 25th anniversary back print. I am probably betting on no 25th anniversary stand? Books don't usually have anything beyond just the fig and the accessory

59 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…Maul, with 25th anniversary printing on the back. We don‘t see the front, but since he comes with a hood and his regular lightsaber, it‘s probably a reprint of the 1999 one, in the same vein as the 20th anniversary figures.

Sure, it could theoretically also be the Rebels version, but wouldn‘t they use the Inquisitor lightsaber hilt if that was the case? Then again, it‘s broken in the show, so who knows.

The 1999 one's face had different eyes, this one is based off the 2007 face.

Huh. Not surprised they went with the 2007 version over the 1999 one, that one was pretty terrible with all its misprints :laugh_hard: So yeah, here you go, for those who didn’t like the new version that comes in the Sith Infiltrator :laugh:

It’s a good choice for the anniversary. I can’t help but wonder if we could have got have gotten a figure similar to the bacta tank Finn - like maybe a Young Anakin in his Jedi robes at the end of TPM or C3PO without his plating. But I’m happy with the figure nonetheless.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It's 100% the one who's in the middle on the front of the book.

Honestly, don't mind this much. It's a cool nod to the 20th anniversary figs while not being something I'd feel like I'm missing out on if I don't shell out $20-30 for a book I wouldn't want to read. They do seem to like making Maul the book exclusive, though, wasn't he the exclusive for the last one of these we had?

I think Maul was a good choice. Would have preferred an entirely new character though.

Looking at the recent update on the Marvel wave there’s a decent chance that we will get more information on the August wave in the next few weeks. I really want to know the full fig list for the Death Star.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It is, actually! 

I stand corrected :laugh: I had no idea they brought it back into canon, let alone 6 years ago! Maybe there will be a remake once it makes an appearance in a show or movie :thumbup:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

There's something about old Lego TIE Fighters with blue that makes it really nice, to me anyway, man those days were great.

43 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

There's something about old Lego TIE Fighters with blue that makes it really nice, to me anyway, man those days were great.

The ultimate 25th anniversary set would be a blue TIE fighter done to the quality of the 2021 version (or even better as that was somehow 3 years ago)

26 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

The ultimate 25th anniversary set would be a blue TIE fighter done to the quality of the 2021 version (or even better as that was somehow 3 years ago)

That would be nice.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I think it would be really, really cool if the TIE fighter and X-wing set used Sand Blue instead of the LBG for the tie and light bluish gray instead of white for the X-wing. Would both serve as a callback to the blue ties and gray x-wings of the past as well as kind of fit how they looked in ANH and provide a little more differentiation for the people who can't handle Lego re-releasing popular vehicles.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I like that idea.

48 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think it would be really, really cool if the TIE fighter and X-wing set used Sand Blue instead of the LBG for the tie and light bluish gray instead of white for the X-wing. Would both serve as a callback to the blue ties and gray x-wings of the past as well as kind of fit how they looked in ANH and provide a little more differentiation for the people who can't handle Lego re-releasing popular vehicles.

Right? The contrast of the black and sand blue, as you can see on the BB Attack Shuttle, looks really great and is much more accurate to the on screen Ties

Posted (edited)

I personally hope that the x-wing this summer is a new colour scheme and that the go with one of these two options.

Partisan X-Wing: yes I know it’s unlikely but the black and white colour scheme is dope. It would also go well with the Saw anniversary figure. It could be a Andor S2 set and include Two-tubes, the already confirmed tie and X-wing pilots and Dedra Meero as minifigures.

Hera’s Green X-Wing from Rebels S4: Yes it is even more unlikely but still possible thanks to Ahsoka. Ideal Figs would be Fighter Pilot Hera, Mon Mothma, young wedge Antilles, Vult Skerris and Governor Price.

On another note about this set, what’s the likelihood that the extra pieces are just for a turbo laser turret and if so would it be able to connect to the Death Star playset?

Edited by CloneCommando99

I could live with a slight sand blue touch, but the old black and regular blue TIE Fighters looked awful in my opinion :laugh_hard: If you take off your nostalgia-tinted glasses, it‘s pretty obvious how inaccurate that was.

I was so glad when they finally changed it in 2010, no need to go back to the dark times :tongue: