MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Agreed, my priorities this year are the Tantive hallway (so that I can build up my republic, rebel and imperial forces), The Death Star playset (so I can build up my imperial forces and get Cal Kestis my favourite Disney era jedi) and at least 2 clone vs droid battlepacks.

Edit: the theories of Lego doing an Order 66 on all the leakers might actually be true because Brickclicker has also gone silent for more than a month now, not just FalconFan. Dark times these are for us Lego leak enthusiasts.

Lego may have fed false info to find the mole. That would explain why the figure lineup for the Infiltrator was incorrect, despite most leakers corroborating it. Makes me consider the figures of all the others leaked sets to be potentially wrong as well

25 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Lego may have fed false info to find the mole. That would explain why the figure lineup for the Infiltrator was incorrect, despite most leakers corroborating it. Makes me consider the figures of all the others leaked sets to be potentially wrong as well

I just hope that it’s not Cal Kestis that’s wrong. If they used my boy purely as bait Imma have to Operation Nightfall Lego headquarters. Anyone in?

(I wouldn’t mind if it’s not a death star but an imperial base or BB imperial shuttle that he’s in though)

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Quite possible, but if that is the case then Lego has totally shot itself in the foot; when the Infiltrator was rumored to have Padme and Panaka I was all in for getting in. With just the three minifigures and the anniversary minifigure I'm out unless it's deeply discounted as its minifigure value compared to other sets this year like the Tantive Hallway is very poor. I was excited, but now I'm just annoyed. :laugh:

But someone has messed up somewhere though with the leaks for the set and Lego definitely is responsible for some of it; the outline picture of the Infiltrator with Qui-Gon and Anakin disappeared of the Lego website so clearly it shouldn't have been uploaded, whether it is right or wrong. That or Lego doesn't want leakers because it wants to 'leak' info itself. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by BacktoBricks

If this is true we will have to march to the Lego HQ like Anakin and the 501st to avenge our fallen brothers that supplied us with great leaks.

2 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

And unfortunately, it would explain how batsh*t the summer leaks are- they might not be real.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And unfortunately, it would explain how batsh*t the summer leaks are- they might not be real.

That would be an amazing troll from lego.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It might be linked to the prelims that got leaked last year with all the perspective sets and how much would people pay for them. I was surprised at how early all the sets leaked but I think they are all real for now I’ve always had a small doubt because there are no more clones coming this year lol

Theoretically, if they were fake leaks, how effective would that be if many accounts repost the leaks? They would only really originate from one account, so the others could claim they’re just reposting the information, and only one would be on the hook. Still, FalconFan hasn’t even posted images of the new sets that were officially revealed, which doesn’t seem promising. 

On the topic of the March wave, I did end up getting R2-D2, having wanted the older ones but never gotten them. I really like the new one. It’s a good size, sturdy, and a bit heavier than I thought it would be. The build was fun, and the final product looks nice, with a size-appropriate amount of details. The Artoo minifigure with back printing is nice to get, as well, and Malak is a plus. One of my favorite things about it, which I’m not sure is intentional, is that if you lift up Artoo (standing straight) by just his head and shake him around a little, he moves almost exactly like he does in The Complete Saga when you lift him with a magnet or crane. 

1 hour ago, Old Master said:

Likely cease and desists were sent out. Have we even seen FF on here?

No posts since January although they have been on.

We know the anti-leak person they hired is good at their job, but a sting operation?! *huh* I doubt they’d go that far. Unless we hear otherwise, I still trust the summer info we have

55 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

lol Brickclicker just posted tons of leaks a couple hours ago.

Whatever was going on seems to have been resolved, at least for him.

6 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

Theoretically, if they were fake leaks, how effective would that be if many accounts repost the leaks? They would only really originate from one account, so the others could claim they’re just reposting the information, and only one would be on the hook. Still, FalconFan hasn’t even posted images of the new sets that were officially revealed, which doesn’t seem promising. 

I think in this hypothetical, it would be to find out who is internally (either within the company itself or within LAN) leaking things.  If LEGO fed a false piece info to either LAN members or employees (obviously not counting design team members), then it comes out, you can figure out who is passing on confidential info.  Let’s say they tell one guy that a set comes with C-3PO and another person that it comes with K-3PO.  If on Instagram two weeks later there’s a post saying a set has C-3PO, now you know that the first guy leaked info.   

IIRC they did something like this with LAN members for the UCS Landspeeder, where they sent out preliminary pics with very minor differences across all of them, and that way could tell who leaked it if a preliminary pic was released, since they were all slightly different.

7 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I think in this hypothetical, it would be to find out who is internally (either within the company itself or within LAN) leaking things.  If LEGO fed a false piece info to either LAN members or employees (obviously not counting design team members), then it comes out, you can figure out who is passing on confidential info.  Let’s say they tell one guy that a set comes with C-3PO and another person that it comes with K-3PO.  If on Instagram two weeks later there’s a post saying a set has C-3PO, now you know that the first guy leaked info.   

And this also might be the reason they were so outlandish- no one was expecting a jedi bob's starfighter or "evil" millenium falcon, so no one's out there making educateed guesses, unlike, say, they could have for the Rex's y-wing microfighter or Desert Skiff.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We know the anti-leak person they hired is good at their job, but a sting operation?! *huh* I doubt they’d go that far. Unless we hear otherwise, I still trust the summer info we have

I think something- not on this level, but the same general concept- was done before with lego or LAN's consent. IIRC it was an uncharted set "leak" a LAN member came up with and spread to see which leakers reposted it. Not the same as this- condoning someone else's fake leak is different than generating your own-  but I don't think it's crazy to assume lego would put out some false info to see who spreads it. 

X-Wing vs Tie Fighter set - any word on who the rebel pilot(s) will be? Safe to assume Luke? Would certainly hope that for $110 we get two sets of pilots and droids for the X. Could be a nice chance to get some of the red squadron guys Lego has never made!

A redo of modern Biggs is certainly warranted given they ditched the dual molded helmets and he's quite uncollectible with that helmet... (not that it's bad, I actually like it and think its the most accurate depiction of the helmets, but because they only made it for him)  

2 minutes ago, Old Master said:

X-Wing vs Tie Fighter set - any word on who the rebel pilot(s) will be? Safe to assume Luke? Would certainly hope that for $110 we get two sets of pilots and droids for the X. Could be a nice chance to get some of the red squadron guys Lego has never made!

A redo of modern Biggs is certainly warranted given they ditched the dual molded helmets and he's quite uncollectible with that helmet... (not that it's bad, I actually like it and think its the most accurate depiction of the helmets, but because they only made it for him)  

I think the original info was that Luke was not the pilot, but there were unknown mini figs and no info on the who the pilot was.  Seems like it is still wide open so maybe we do get another pilot luke.  Hopefully we see some updates soon.  I am hoping for a new pilot (from the movies) or a wes janson remake just as an x wing pilot.

Also, a new tie variant would be sick. Would love for it to be Vader's Advanced, but i think the set name would have revealed that...maybe...

Also, a new tie variant would be sick. Would love for it to be Vader's Advanced, but i think the set name would have revealed that...maybe...

As a betting man (most the time unsuccessfully lol) I would put my money on a TIE advanced coming in the Death Star play set in the same sort of scale of the Y wing from Yavin. 

At this point Vaders Tie is the only variant we haven’t got in the ost few years where they’ve made the TIEs a bit smaller so I do hope it gets done at some point. Although i can’t believe I’m saying but I’ve got so many Vader figures atm, I kind of want Lego to focus on other characters 

I’m kinda just hoping that the Death Star playset can double as a generic imperial base with a small hangar. Anyone else?

Also we might be getting more set info on the summer wave any day now since Marvel just got updated details on specific minifigures and play features.

3 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I’m kinda just hoping that the Death Star playset can double as a generic imperial base with a small hangar. Anyone else?

Mee

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Any hope of some zombie troopers from Ahsoka sometime ?

(Almost) everything in 2024 is spoken for, so not this year. I can't see them cranking out additional Ahsoka Season 1 sets beyond what they've done and are doing this summer. Maybe a chance when S2 rolls around?

(Almost) everything in 2024 is spoken for, so not this year. I can't see them cranking out additional Ahsoka Season 1 sets beyond what they've done and are doing this summer. Maybe a chance when S2 rolls around?

There could be a slim chance next year. Given the fact we’ve got Mando S3 sets coming a year after it was released but I do think that it’ll either be S2 or for the filoni film where was see a set with them in