MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Maul's the main villain of TPM

nah, he's just a miniboss in like 3 scenes total. Palpatine's the main villain of that movie, and then nute gunray honestly

4 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

nah, he's just a miniboss in like 3 scenes total. Palpatine's the main villain of that movie, and then nute gunray honestly

You joke, but Palpatine IS the main villain. He is the “phantom menace” 

The title refers to the threat at hands, which is the occupation of Naboo by the trade federation. The trade federation, however, is not a threat, but just a means to remove the current chancelor his office and to put Palpatine in his place. Thus, the whole situation surrounding Naboo is just a hoax.

Palpatine is just a cover identity of Darth Sidious, a phantom, yes, but Sidious is the menace ^^

Edited by Brickadeer

6 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

You joke, but Palpatine IS the main villain. He is the “phantom menace” 

oh I wasn't joking, I was just pointing that out

16 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

...palpatine is the one orchestrating the events, but that'd be like saying the main villain of Avengers 1 or Guardians of the Galaxy 1 is Thanos.

But to stay on topic, regardless of who you interpret as the main villain, Maul is the most dynamic villain for lego to put in sets, as kids would rather have him fighting the jedi than a printed Sidious hologram or a Nute Gunray figure. It's pretty clear he'll be in at least one TPM anniversary set.

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

...palpatine is the one orchestrating the events, but that'd be like saying the main villain of Avengers 1 or Guardians of the Galaxy 1 is Thanos.

Palpatine has more screen time in TPM than Maul and Gunray combined. He’s the main villain lol. 

On 12/28/2023 at 9:08 AM, Kaijumeister said:

Not at all (I think?). The only diorama we know of is the Podrace one.

A Duel of the Fates diorama would make complete sense, however this could easily be a playset. Let’s not rule out a remake of Maul’s Scimitar either - it’s been a while and Lego never quite cracked it in terms of a good system-scaled set.  

The Scimitar seems kind of niche by today's standards. It was fine back in the early days when Lego needed "the Darth Maul set" on shelves but I feel like the theme has evolved to a point where Lego has more alternatives for releasing the character now.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

The Scimitar seems kind of niche by today's standards. It was fine back in the early days when Lego needed "the Darth Maul set" on shelves but I feel like the theme has evolved to a point where Lego has more alternatives for releasing the character now.

For sure, at this point even a tangential relationship is enough to include a minifigure in a set these days.

Having built the Emperor’s Throne Room and Endor Speeder Bike Chase dioramas this week after getting them on discount, I do hope Lego continues with these in the future even though it’s not looking all too likely. The detail is superb, especially for the Throne Room.

Would love to see a repeat of 2021 and get a 2024 summer wave list in January, fingers crossed! I can see sets based on the Acolyte being more secretive and confirmed at a later point, but I’m itching to know what’s in store otherwise. The summer waves have been fantastic since 2020.

On 12/27/2023 at 10:08 PM, Kaijumeister said:

Let’s not rule out a remake of Maul’s Scimitar either - it’s been a while and Lego never quite cracked it in terms of a good system-scaled set.  

Lifebricks recently did an insta post expressing his love for the Scimitar. At the time I thought it was odd, and thought it might be something more than that. Whilst he can be full of nonsense, he does have info drip fed to him. Wouldn’t be surprised if this was a summer set.

Edited by ArrowBricks

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Lifebricks recently did an insta post expressing his love for the Scimitar. At the time I thought it was odd, and thought it might be something more than that. Whilst he can be full of nonsense, he does have info drip fed to him. Wouldn’t be surprised if this was a summer set.

tandnbricks did a 2024 teaser video where he included a shot of Qui-Gon and Maul fighting before Qui-Gon escapes on the Royal Naboo ship. Perhaps it means we’ll finally get it. He also teased Darth Rey so maybes she’s coming as an anniversary minifigure. 

5 hours ago, Grabdatgem said:

tandnbricks did a 2024 teaser video

Could you send a link? 

5 hours ago, Grabdatgem said:

He also teased Darth Rey so maybes she’s coming as an anniversary minifigure. 

Link please

upd: i have checked his insta.. thanks

Edited by Duke27

7 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

While I can see us getting a new Scimitar, LifeBricks’ buIIshit-to-truth ratio is so far skewed in the former direction that I am going to wait until someone more credible says something. 🫤

9 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

While I can see us getting a new Scimitar, LifeBricks’ buIIshit-to-truth ratio is so far skewed in the former direction that I am going to wait until someone more credible says something

TandNbricks seems pretty credible

14 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

TandNbricks seems pretty credible

but he hasn't hinted at the scimitar to my knowledge

6 hours ago, Grabdatgem said:

tandnbricks did a 2024 teaser video where he included a shot of Qui-Gon and Maul fighting before Qui-Gon escapes on the Royal Naboo ship. Perhaps it means we’ll finally get it. He also teased Darth Rey so maybes she’s coming as an anniversary minifigure. 

Could also mean we're finally getting another duel set. The clip is kind of odd if it is directly hinting at something- we never get a good shot of the ship proper, but it's also not where their fight was. It would be cool if the first one since they stopped doing the duels was a remake of the 1999 maul vs qui gon set.

I do not know if this goes to this topic, remove it in that case, but if lego is doing a 25th anniversary for TPH, could there be a chance for a 25th anniversary for AOTC?

While young Leia was probably one of the highlights of the OWK show for me (I thought the actress did a tremendous job performing a child version of Carrie Fisher’s portrayal of the character), I also think that she’s an odd choice to dedicate an anniversary figure to. She feels too recent and far less requested than her two anniversary counterparts of Fives and Malak. In reality, Lucasfilm probably didn’t even need to keep her involvement in the series a “secret” and Lego could have just included her in the Scythe set last year, especially since it released months after the show anyway. But I guess that’s hindsight talking, and now we just have one of our anniversary slots kinda wasted, especially if she doesn’t come with LOLA. I am still somewhat happy to have this version of the character in my collection.

I’ve said this a few times before but I think a Duel of the Fates diorama is a no brainer for next year, and probably what this discussed Maul figure is coming in. It would be nice to get another TPM set or two though, preferably a non-18+ playset so we could finally fill some gaps in terms of minifigures. It’s kinda crazy to me that we’ve never gotten Boss Nass, Shmi Skywalker or most of Padme’s outfits in general. (Any of those would be most interesting for an anniversary figure than young Leia too.) Heck, we’ve only gotten Queen Amidala once, and her design is arguably one of the most iconic character designs of TPM and the prequel trilogy as a whole. While I love the love that Lego has been showing to the Clone Wars era, I’d like to see them doing some more film-specific representation of the prequel era.

10 minutes ago, starlego98 said:

I do not know if this goes to this topic, remove it in that case, but if lego is doing a 25th anniversary for TPH, could there be a chance for a 25th anniversary for AOTC?

It’s definitely possible but just to be pessimistic for a second here, Lego does tend to arbitrarily decide which anniversaries they celebrate and to what extent. Last year was the 20th anniversary of AOTC and we did get some sets that could be considered unofficial acknowledgments of that occasion: the hard-to-find Clone Trooper Accessory Set and Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter. They just didn’t have any special “20th Anniversary” logo or anything. Compare that to this year where we got stuff for ROTJ’s 40th Anniversary and for TCW’s “20th” Anniversary. (The anniversary reflects 20 years since the airing of the 2003 micro series, even though almost all of the associated merchandise and even the panel at Star Wars Celebration were celebrating 15 years of the 2008 3D animated series. I’m still confused about that.)

Since Lego is officially acknowledging the 25th Anniversary of TPM, however, that does set precedent for them to acknowledge the 25th Anniversary of the other two prequel films. Similar to how Lego acknowledged the 40th Anniversary of ANH (though not doing too much to celebrate it) and then the other two OT sets got multiple sets for their 40th Anniversaries. So yes, I think we have a pretty good shot at 25th Anniversary sets for AOTC and especially for ROTS. I’m just curious to see if Lego will do anything for TFA’s 10th Anniversary in 2025.

Edited by The Stud

27 minutes ago, starlego98 said:

Everything is possible, but this is mainly a thing because it's also the 25th anniversary of Lego Star Wars itself which started with TPM.

Edited by Stefanisimo

1 hour ago, TandNbricks said:

Not a teaser for the naboo starship

I feel like it's got to be the dual then. It fits with other Maul rumors.

@TandNbricks I know it's off topic, and don't feel pressure to divulge info you don't want to give out, but please, PLEASE tell me the transformers teaser is for a new set.

1 hour ago, starlego98 said:

Most likely. Lego's started to go nuts for anniversaries, and AOTC gives them another reason to spam clone troopers.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

(The anniversary reflects 20 years since the airing of the 2003 micro series, even though almost all of the associated merchandise and even the panel at Star Wars Celebration were celebrating 15 years of the 2008 3D animated series. I’m still confused about that.)

And for some reason the first set released for it was a battle pack of battlefront 2017 figs

8 hours ago, starlego98 said:

Probably; we are still missing most P1 ranks in the new Clone style, and it would be an opportunity to get a new standard-colour Gunship. 

9 hours ago, The Stud said:

It’s definitely possible but just to be pessimistic for a second here, Lego does tend to arbitrarily decide which anniversaries they celebrate and to what extent. Last year was the 20th anniversary of AOTC and we did get some sets that could be considered unofficial acknowledgments of that occasion: the hard-to-find Clone Trooper Accessory Set and Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter. They just didn’t have any special “20th Anniversary” logo or anything. Compare that to this year where we got stuff for ROTJ’s 40th Anniversary and for TCW’s “20th” Anniversary. (The anniversary reflects 20 years since the airing of the 2003 micro series, even though almost all of the associated merchandise and even the panel at Star Wars Celebration were celebrating 15 years of the 2008 3D animated series. I’m still confused about that.)

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think that they're sort of just following the pattern of other toy companies doing anniversaries and using that same branding.  That's probably why the Clone Wars and ROTJ logos made it onto basically any sets tangentially related to either of those properties this year, since Hasbro and other toy makers were using that branding.  In the past, they've really only done stuff to celebrate anniversaries of LSW, not the actual movies, and my guess is that trend will continue, but the exception I could see is that since we have diorama sets being commonplace now, they might focus those on an anniversary (as they did last year and as they might continue next year), and then slap the anniversary logo on a system set or two that they were going to make anyway (as they did with the TIE Bomber).

14 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Probably; we are still missing most P1 ranks in the new Clone style, and it would be an opportunity to get a new standard-colour Gunship. 

If we ever get anniversary sets for AOTC. It would be a massive massive L if we all got was clone sets. Like we NEED Jango’s Slave One,Bounty Hunter Pursuit,MBS Arena/Factory,Dex’s Dinner heck Naboo Royal Starcruiser with Blue Dress Padme,and Young Owen and Beru as well! That being said I actually heavily doubt we’ll get anything for the 25th anniversary of AOTC :( just because 2027 is also the 50th anniversary of Star Wars. 

Oh, also, if that Darth Rey figure turns out to be true, that's awesome, I was really hoping for that figure when we got TRoS sets a few years back, so I'm excited to possibly be getting her.

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

If we ever get anniversary sets for AOTC. It would be a massive massive L if we all got was clone sets. Like we NEED Jango’s Slave One,Bounty Hunter Pursuit,MBS Arena/Factory,Dex’s Dinner heck Naboo Royal Starcruiser with Blue Dress Padme,and Young Owen and Beru as well! That being said I actually heavily doubt we’ll get anything for the 25th anniversary of AOTC :( just because 2027 is also the 50th anniversary of Star Wars. 

Well in that case they can celebrate both anniversaries, also do you think LEGO will celebrate 20th of RotS? or they will wait to its 25th anniversary?