NOD

[SR- OKT Factory] FTA and the Cascada de Oro 112x112, 2st chapter, Punto Sur

Categories: Royal Factory

The prospecting was successful. Salt the white gold was discovered behind the waterfall. Salt can be used to preserve meat and fish. The pretzels also need salt. If you eat pretzels then you can drink more beer. This is perfect for Oktoberfest.

Prehistory:

53286892593_a9275aba87_b.jpgCascada de Oro Okt 2023 A02 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Boxes of tools, lanterns, clothing and drinks were transported into the mine on rafts. The salt is chopped from the rock, crushed and shoveled into boxes. The box is then covered with logs and transported out again on rafts. The boxes are then lifted up from the beach using a construction crane. The salt is taken to the factory where it is further processed and then sold. The factory also produced and sells construction cranes.

53285753547_d705c0a526_b.jpgCascada de Oro Okt 2023 A03 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Everyone is looking forward to this year’s Oktoberfest. The festival is very popular and is always attended by many locals and visitors from other nations. It is also very popular with pirates who usually take part more or less unrecognized. It would of course be better if the flag was changed before sailing into the harbor. Luckily, the city guard is very tolerant during the celebrations. It is a peaceful festival where everyone has fun.

53285753652_f2a4b94b0e_b.jpgCascada de Oro Okt 2023 A04 by Philippe, auf Flickr

There are different attractions in many places in Punta Sur. Something was also set up on Cascada de Oro beach. There is a festival stand with beer and one with bratwurst and pretzels. There are many hungry and, above all, thirsty guests here. The helpful city guard is currently delivering some beer barrels in a rowing boat. The miners are particularly looking forward to this. It means finished work. On this day they only worked for a short time so that the mine could be visited. Now and in the next few days they are taking part in Oktoberfest.

53285753767_e397c25567_b.jpgCascada de Oro Okt 2023 A05 by Philippe, auf Flickr

There are 78 minifigures in total on the diorama. If you want to see more details, the photos on Flickr have a resolution of 4096 x 2304.

53287014564_d0e4886014_b.jpgCascada de Oro Okt 2023 A01 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Edited by NOD

Woot! Fantastic build. I love how you were able to combine the salt mine operation with Oktoberfest! :pir-huzzah2: Lot's of activity, and we get to see inside the mine on the back side of the build.

Don't forget to post a link in the Oktoberfest thread.

As someone from northern Germany i strongly condem those Bavarian, or should i say barbarian, traditions from the south! :pir_laugh2:

There is so much going on in your build! I like that we get a peak at the salt mine and the waterfall has a very nice sparkle in the last render. There are some very nice details like the rowing boat, the crane and coach. And of course there is the factory, which will add a lot of value to the settlement of Punto Sur!

On 10/26/2023 at 4:19 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Woot! Fantastic build. I love how you were able to combine the salt mine operation with Oktoberfest! :pir-huzzah2: Lot's of activity, and we get to see inside the mine on the back side of the build.

Don't forget to post a link in the Oktoberfest thread.

Thank you very much, I'm very happy that you like it. The miners not only want to work but also want to take part in the Oktoberfest. That's why it has lots of activities and people have fun. I post a link in the same replay under Mine Prospecting.

18 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

As someone from northern Germany i strongly condem those Bavarian, or should i say barbarian, traditions from the south! :pir_laugh2:

There is so much going on in your build! I like that we get a peak at the salt mine and the waterfall has a very nice sparkle in the last render. There are some very nice details like the rowing boat, the crane and coach. And of course there is the factory, which will add a lot of value to the settlement of Punto Sur!

Thank you very much. It is common for a lot of drinking to take place at barbarian festivals. I thought the mine entrance through the waterfall was cool. The light from the mine somehow created a sparkle from this angle. It was interesting to build a crane.

Cool MOC! The salt mine under a waterfall is something I haven't seen before and certainly look unique and interesting. I like the addition of the crane on top. Clever build!

Overall it is a great scene, with lots going on. A bit of work, a bit of party and a bit of sandcastle building.

On 11/1/2023 at 12:49 PM, Khorne said:

Cool MOC! The salt mine under a waterfall is something I haven't seen before and certainly look unique and interesting. I like the addition of the crane on top. Clever build!

Overall it is a great scene, with lots going on. A bit of work, a bit of party and a bit of sandcastle building.

Thank you! The idea of a mine behind the waterfall came to me while I was building the landscape. After that I still had free space to build the rest. The children also have fun at Oktoberfest and build a moated castle.

On 11/1/2023 at 10:04 PM, Fraunces said:

It's beautiful... So much too see! Love the ambiance.

Thank you! I could have divided the whole diorama into different properties. But complete Eslandola gets a Royal Property and fulfills the requirements so that Punto Sur can become a city. It is the first city on the New Haven Sea.

Thank you very much! :pir-wub:  I am very pleased that you like my festival diorama and that you have looked at it from all sides and up close.

I don't think I've ever been as glad for the front page as today, when I logged on and was treated to this wonderful MOC. I somehow missed this when you originally posted it, and I'm kicking myself for it because incredible doesn't even begin to describe it. Love the details, love the geography you've constructed, particularly fond of the waterfall/pond and the swimmers.

On 10/28/2023 at 11:17 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

"Barvarian" will do. :pir-triumph:

On 12/27/2023 at 11:13 PM, The Undo said:

Beautiful stuff!

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it.

On 12/28/2023 at 1:18 PM, Alexandrina said:

I don't think I've ever been as glad for the front page as today, when I logged on and was treated to this wonderful MOC. I somehow missed this when you originally posted it, and I'm kicking myself for it because incredible doesn't even begin to describe it. Love the details, love the geography you've constructed, particularly fond of the waterfall/pond and the swimmers.

Thank you very much! You're right, there are a lot of interesting details to be seen in the 4096 x 2304 photos.

On 12/28/2023 at 4:46 PM, _TLG_ said:

Cool, I like the waterfall!

Thank you very much! Waterfalls are always beautiful.

On 12/28/2023 at 5:40 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Incredible diorama, the waves and the beach are fantastic! :pir-wub:
Beautiful drop with the waterfall and the bridge over the river. :thumbup:

Thank you very much! The beach is a very beautiful place to relax.

On 12/29/2023 at 11:59 AM, GeoBrick said:

"Barvarian" will do. :pir-triumph:

Thank you very much! A happy festival that everyone involved has fun.