BrickPerfection

[BDP] Imperial Frigate Concordia

A 20-gun frigate assigned to hunting those pirates! Also carries a treasure chest, for those who dare... 
Or perhaps the appearance of a ship like this has forced the pirates into hiding?

This is an extremely ambitious design with a smoothly curving hull built on a sturdy technic frame and a detailed,
Minifigure-friendly, interior. I have built many sailing ships in LEGO before, and this is my best work so far, including all the
techniques and features that I always wanted to include.

Vote now if you want this design to be officially produced by LEGO as part of the BrickLink Designer Program:
https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-3/1167/Imperial-Frigate-Concordia

Concordia_final_1.jpg

Concordia_final_2B.jpg

Concordia_final_4A.jpg

Concordia_final_6.jpg

Concordia_final_7B.jpg

The 16 brick-built cannons on the gun deck can individually slide back and forth and all the gun ports can be closed
when the cannons are in the back position. The capstan is also attached to a string reel and can be made working.

Further details below deck include the galley, storage compartment and captain's cabin. Most of the top deck
can be removed to access the gun deck. Minifigures can stand below deck and all gaps in the hull are filled.

I also made a video to show the building experience, including the entirely brick-built & smoothly curving hull:

More pictures can be found on the BrickLink submission page:
https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-3/1167/Imperial-Frigate-Concordia

VOTE NOW

Edited by Marooned Marin
Shiny red button added

11 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

tag-frontpaged-2019.png

Excellent creation, I am impressed :pir-huzzah2:

Thanks! It would be great if you could perhaps also state that it's for the BrickLink Designer Program? 

On 10/19/2023 at 5:35 AM, OlDesparado said:

Love the detail, you have my vote!

Thanks!

On 10/19/2023 at 2:59 AM, Shiva said:

It looks nice!

Wonderful! Thank you!

Lovely frigate, I'd love to see some sails on her but I supposed there aren't any because of the designer program requirements :pir-grin:.

Excellent job! Makes me want to dig up that WIP frigate I have lying around somewhere and continue building.