I was wondering if we will be getting any new space sets for these year that we still haven't seen images of?  The only set I know of now is the Space Diner GWP.  Is there anything else we should be expecting later this year that is space related?  

Space diner GWP.

Artemis Moon rocket.

Technic Apollo lunar rover.

Pharrell Williams spaceship.

1 hour ago, icm said:

Space diner GWP.

Artemis Moon rocket.

Thanks for the list.  Will that be all for this year, or will there be more in the next half of the year?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Digitalsound1 said:

Thanks for the list.  Will that be all for this year, or will there be more in the next half of the year?

It's way too early to know what's coming in 2025.

EDIT: Misread your post. I thought you said 'half of the next year'. Apologies.

Edited by Murdoch17

Pharrell Williams spaceship is in September.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Digitalsound1 said:

“All for this year” and “next half of the year” quesitons are te same thing. But as far as I know, yes they are for 2024. 

We know nothing about 2025 at the moment. 

3 hours ago, icm said:

Pharrell Williams spaceship is in September.

Was it suppsoed to be released in October?

EDIT; Never mind you are correct it’s September. 

Edited by Lion King

18 hours ago, icm said:

Space diner GWP.

Artemis Moon rocket.

You forgot one more thing - Milke Way from Art

On 4/15/2024 at 8:55 PM, Lion King said:

You forgot one more thing - Milke Way from Art

Is there a chance we could get more this year, or is everything leaked are all we are going to get?

I found the space lab set at Kmart... $50 instead of $70... now I remember why I only buy exclusive stuff from S@H!

12 hours ago, Digitalsound1 said:

Is there a chance we could get more this year, or is everything leaked are all we are going to get?

As far as I know, tha’ts everything leaked we know (just Jim listed above and i mentioend Art’s Milky Way). Of course CMF Series 26 Space wil be released in May. 

1 hour ago, Darth Phallus said:

The Space diner gwp has leaked, no air tanks, non classic faces, but I'll get it!

Where?

50 minutes ago, Darth Phallus said:

Thanks for the link to that video.  Confirms the minifigs that will be in the set.  Interesting that the orange astronaut is still not a "general release" color (i.e. appearing in a retail set or separately from Lego/Lego stores).  I have plenty of white astronauts bought from PAB, and have one orange one.  I'm not seeing enough interesting other stuff in this set to make me spend $$ to get it when it becomes available.

Gee. Well. Um. I was hoping for something more like a small 8x16 building inspired by the classic 926 space base from 1979, but furnished as a diner. I had a lot of sets I wanted to buy in the middle of May, but I guess I'll wait for a better GWP later in the year. Or I might just try and sell the GWPs on Bricklink.

5 minutes ago, danth said:

No air tanks?

If they're in a diner eating and drinking, they shouldn't need air tanks. And they will get in the way trying to sit down at the table, which is likely the real reason they aren't included.

It's not what I'd hoped for, but clearly in line with similar GWPs they've done in the last year. Kind of a shame that they've tried to mix classic space with the whimsical kids sets. I like the diner, but would have preferred an alien minifig instead of a classic space one. The Space CMF alien tourist and the retro space hero would both go great in this. Pretty much any of the Space CMF figures that aren't classic theme ones would go well here.

There's enough that I want to buy that I will likely get this though.

Man, I've got to be honest here. I think both of these sets with the classic space minifigures look terribly incongruous. It looks like a four year old was playing with a Creator set and borrowed some minifigures from her dad's Galaxy Explorer. (I'm speaking from personal experience here.)

I'm also just getting really annoyed with all of these GWPs. I never buy Star Wars sets, but when I initially saw that new battle droid set, I was thinking about buying it. I thought it would go well with the original wave of Phantom Menace sets. Then I saw it was a GWP.

I'm glad the orange space minifigure is making another appearance, but I'm not going to spend an extra $200 or whatever the threshold is just to get a single minifigure. Hopefully the torso ends up on PAB.

Good thing I ke my hope at a lower level. I will not wase my money on any ses to get this shameful diner GWP. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

If they're in a diner eating and drinking, they shouldn't need air tanks. And they will get in the way trying to sit down at the table, which is likely the real reason they aren't included.

But that diner has no walls or roof. It's obviously open to the vacuum of space. 😁

There are many easy seat designs that would allow air tanks. At least they could have a place to hang their air tank when not in use. Like in Beta 1 Command Base. Actually I'm kind of hoping that is the case, and the air tanks are hidden in the leaked pic.

28 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Kind of a shame that they've tried to mix classic space with the whimsical kids sets.

But I've been assured "kid's won't like Classic Space".

4 minutes ago, jodawill said:

Man, I've got to be honest here. I think both of these sets with the classic space minifigures look terribly incongruous. It looks like a four year old was playing with a Creator set and borrowed some minifigures from her dad's Galaxy Explorer. (I'm speaking from personal experience here.)

Yeah, especially when the air tanks are the wrong color or missing.

Edited by danth

That is cute but sparse, and the lack of airtanks is disappointing (though both colours are readily available). I am very happy that the CS orange torso is available again, though considering that the sign and menu look like stickers, it will probably stay exclusive to the GWP (as they usually can get 1-2 new prints). 

15 minutes ago, jodawill said:

I agree, but I would feel better about it if we got new/remade colours of spacemen; just putting white into every set (without proper airtanks!) is getting tiresome. 

oh, that's cute. I was expecting more of a lunar landscape, but an interior vignette like this also works pretty nicely. Not a must-have, but still pretty cute and fun. I especially love the alien chef! I was expecting a brick-built design with either the three-eyed 2x2 dome or minifig head for its face, but a brick-built design using three of the 1x1 eye tile is even more creative and clever.

The lack of air tanks is definitely kind of a bummer though — if the aim was to show the astronauts "taking a break" it could've been neat to have the air tanks slung over the back of the diner seats or something like that instead of just omitting them entirely.

28 minutes ago, jodawill said:

Honestly it doesn't seem at all incongruous to me. In general, I'm used to Creator sets, seasonal sets, and other sets along those lines using pretty generic minifigs, and Classic Space minifigs are about as generic as astronaut minifigs can get.

Probably a good time to grab some spare air tanks off PAB.  It's a cute set & I'm sure I'll be buying something while it's available.  Not exactly what I was expecting but this one should appeal to the kids that are into LEGO.  Not every GWP should cater to us AFOL's.

All we have is a box art picture at this point.  Any chance oxygen tanks will be in the box, but just not shown on the box art picture?