As for now, several Lego themes got their summer leak... Ninjago, Star Wars & Speed Champions ... so hopefully we don't have to wait for the Nuremberg Toy Fair in 2 weeks :head_back:

I hope, too. I don't know why we get so few and late information this year

The Mercedes F1 car has new, slick tyres, pushrod suspension in front and what seems to be pullrod suspension in the back.

There also seem to be new, smaller wheels and tyres on the smaller, studded F1 car, about time.

42172 (18+) - 3893 pcs.
42173 “Grey Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut Hypercar” | 801 pcs.
42174 - 962 pcs.
42175 “Cargo. Volvo FMX and electric excavator EC230" | 2274 pcs.
42176 "Gonoch. Porsche GT4 E-Performance car" | 838 pcs.
42177 (18+) - 2891 pcs.
42182 "NASA Lunar Rover Apollo" | 1913 pcs.
42184 “White Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut Hypercar” | 801 pcs.
42196 "Orange Lamborghini Huracan" | 806 pcs. | $49.99 | April 1, 2024

Source: Brick Tap Discord

Edited by Danke

3 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

The Mercedes F1 car has new, slick tyres, pushrod suspension in front and what seems to be pullrod suspension in the back.

There also seem to be new, smaller wheels and tyres on the smaller, studded F1 car, about time.

What are the colors of the F1?

2 minutes ago, Gzynek2323 said:

What are the colors of the F1?

Black with turquoise and lots of red axles.

Two different colors of Koenigseggs might be nice.

The 42196 is probably a recolor of the lime Huracan, which is nice. Lots of recolors.

Mostly black with a few red macaroni pieces for the air intake and spoiler and a few torquoise parts on the spoiler.

8 minutes ago, LvdH said:

The 42196 is probably a recolor of the lime Huracan, which is nice. Lots of recolors.

It is.

42177 seems intriguing but that piece count and 18+ tag seem to point at another super expensive controi+ set.

Also the piece count of 42182 suggests the set is quite beefy for a control+ set, at least for current pricing.

Edited by Danke

42172 (18+) - 3893 pcs is probably successor of Ferrari Daytona...

42175 “Cargo. Volvo FMX and electric excavator EC230" | 2274 pcs. - that sounds interesting combination. Orange FMX and yellow EC230?

Edited by 1gor

2nd half of the year sounds very interesting.  We should get new Car Transporter for all those new cars of similar size

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed. 4 similarly scaled cars are a bit too much, and only 2 of them are new (speaking of model). I expected the rover to have bigger part count for the rumoured $250 price. And the Volvo set...well, they might turn out good, but only one bigger could have been better. 

I'm curious about the 1:8 car, and the other 2 unnamed which I expect to be C+ sets.

All in all, I'll see if they are worth it.

Edited by Jockos

12 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Which one among those new names is supposed to be the flagship again?

42172 is the hypercar, 42177 is the flagship.

For a bit of speculation, LEGO likes to release one pneumatics set and multiple RC sets a year. Given not all names or prices were revealed it’s difficult to pin-point which is the RC set and which is pneumatic.

Likely candidates are 42174 and 42177. 42175 would be really expensive and undesirable if it had either as it’s already a double pack. My guesses are:

42174 pneumatic, 42177 RC.

42174 RC, 42177 motorised (dumb box) pneumatic.

I however don’t think 42177 is RC as it would cannibalise the liebherr’s already small market.

Edited by Danke

The Volvo FMX and electric excavator are really the only ones that sound interesting to me.

I don’t care that much for cars, except for the parts they may have.

Given that the part count is about 2200 parts, that gives each vehicle roughly 1100 parts.

It'd be totes amazeballs if the EC230 were the same scale as the EW160E.

42174 is close parts count to audi RC from last year so the dream for control+ MJ is potentially still alive.

11 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Given that the part count is about 2200 parts, that gives each vehicle roughly 1100 parts.

That would be amazing.  I’d love to see the truck at the same scale as the Mack Anthem too, but not sure that’s possible with 1100 pieces.  I think so, especially with it just being a cab-over truck with no sleeper.

The Porsche GT4 E performance is an all electric racecar, which probably means that it’s either a pullback or control+ set. My bet is on control+ because we never got a small RC vehicle in the winter/spring, and I could see them selling a RC 1:16 car with 1 hub + 2 motors for 130-150 €. Plus a pullback set in the summer would be a bit weird.

Found out there's a Volvo FMX Electric too, just started production in September 2023. Would make sense to model that variant to keep the electric theme of the excavator.

Volvo Trucks – The magic touch. Volvo FMX Electric precision. - YouTube

Also, I wondered if the truck is a dumper or a transporter for the excavator. The transporter was my first thought, but would need more pieces for a trailer.

Edited by Kaanere
Double post

3 hours ago, Jockos said:

I expected the rover to have bigger part count for the rumoured

2k pieces is quite small for $250. I wonder what it'll have

3 hours ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Do you reckon it might be in the same scale as the Mack Anthem?

Edited by Bartybum

I'm confused by the number of the repainted Lamborghini Huracan, 42196 - was it being prepared for release in 2025? Logically it should be 42186, then we can assume that something else awaits us in the fall

Edited by Ksen48

11 hours ago, Ksen48 said:

I'm confused by the number of the repainted Lamborghini Huracan, 42196 - was it being prepared for release in 2025? Logically it should be 42186, then we can assume that something else awaits us in the fall

I think there are some sets (42178-81 and 83) which are yet to be revealed, too. Or I hope so..

Nevermind. They are the space sets. :D 

Edited by Jockos