Megbricks

71046 CMF series 26: Space themed!

21 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

In the Harry Potter Series you also had Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, and Dumbledore in both Series (Harry actually even 3 times) which you also have in the Sets, and especially the 3 main characters thousand times. It matters how they are made. They would need to be different from the ones in Rivendell. (Athough, they would likely even sell if they were just the same) But the more detailed they are the more they would sell. 

Well, I half agree and half disagree. Yes, it’s the same Harry, Ron Herimone, Luna and Dumbeldore figures but I don’t agree - they are acutally different variants. Oh and it’s NOT the same Dumbedlore in both Series…. He was portrayed by TWO actors. One actor passed away in 2002. I really like Ron’s and Herimone’s hat+hair pieces in Series 2. Lina’s lion headgear is a bonus for me. 

Come to think, I don’t think there are any variants for Fellowships? I haven’t watched the original trilogy for years so I will need to re-watch. :) 

11 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Well, I half agree and half disagree. Yes, it’s the same Harry, Ron Herimone, Luna and Dumbeldore figures but I don’t agree - they are acutally different variants. Oh and it’s NOT the same Dumbedlore in both Series…. He was portrayed by TWO actors. One actor passed away in 2002. I really like Ron’s and Herimone’s hat+hair pieces in Series 2. Lina’s lion headgear is a bonus for me. 

Come to think, I don’t think there are any variants for Fellowships? I haven’t watched the original trilogy for years so I will need to re-watch. :) 

Dumbledore is still the same Dumbledore, even if he was played by two actors. But I get what you mean. Anyways my point was just that they would need more detailed versions of the minifigures. And yes, they could make different versions. You could do Gandalf the White, Merry with Rohan and Pippin with Guard Armor. So yeah, there are different clothings for them, but you don´t actually need them for the series to become a sucess IMO

On 8/20/2023 at 9:04 PM, Black Falcon said:

In the Harry Potter Series you also had Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, and Dumbledore in both Series (Harry actually even 3 times) which you also have in the Sets, and especially the 3 main characters thousand times. It matters how they are made. They would need to be different from the ones in Rivendell. (Athough, they would likely even sell if they were just the same) But the more detailed they are the more they would sell. 

Look at what they did with the first The Simpsons CMFs and the concurrent The Simpsons house. Quite minor differences were used for some characters. I imagine sales of the large ICONS set are tiny in comparison to (hypothetical) CMF sales, and they wouldn't worry too much about being too similar.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

Look at what they did with the first The Simpsons CMFs and the concurrent The Simpsons house. Quite minor differences were used for some characters. I imagine sales of the large ICONS set are tiny in comparison to (hypothetical) CMF sales, and they wouldn't worry too much about being too similar.

As I wrote earlier, they would sell well also if it were just the same. But some more details would increase the sales. I mean, even if it were the same, there are enough people that can´t /don´t want to afford the set and would be happy to get the minifigures. And honestly, a lot of people would buy them just as investment.

We knew about Looney Tunes series in September 2020 and then we got that series in the spring of 2021. We knew about Muppet Series in September 2021 and we got that in the spring of 2022.

and we just know about this mysterious Space series last month and we will get it in the spring of 2024.  Yet we still don’t know if it’s non-licensed or licensed. If licensed, we should know the actual name of that series. Like…Star Trek Series? Doctor Who Series? “Space” word is too general for us to speculate. Quite curious and torturous. 

4 hours ago, Lion King said:

We knew about Looney Tunes series in September 2020 and then we got that series in the spring of 2021. We knew about Muppet Series in September 2021 and we got that in the spring of 2022.

and we just know about this mysterious Space series last month and we will get it in the spring of 2024.  Yet we still don’t know if it’s non-licensed or licensed. If licensed, we should know the actual name of that series. Like…Star Trek Series? Doctor Who Series? “Space” word is too general for us to speculate. Quite curious and torturous. 

@Brick Clicker said that it is non-licensed. 

15 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

@Brick Clicker said that it is non-licensed. 

Series 25 and 26 in 2024? I love non-licensed series!

Anyways, thanks for bringing it up. I’m just glad it’s not a licensed sees. 

7 hours ago, Lion King said:

Series 25 and 26 in 2024? I love non-licensed series!

Anyways, thanks for bringing it up. I’m just glad it’s not a licensed sees. 

The Space series is not Series 26. 

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The Space series is not Series 26. 

To be honest,  it’s hard to elieve it’s not considered as Series 26. We had Series 14 aka Monsters Series in 2015. Ah, well, I will trust Brik Clicker and other reliable leeks from now. 

Haven’t seen anyone post it here yet but a rumored list for the Space CMF has shown up on Instagram, so I figured someone should put it here too. 

1. Robot human suit for tiny aliens

2. Classic space robot

3. Retro Spacewoman (female counterpart to series 17 figure)

4. M-Tron Redux

5. Alien in UFO costume 

6. Grey Alien tourist 

7. Alien Insectoid 

8. Modern Astronaut 

9. Ice Planet Redux with Space Penguin 

10. Mutated BlackTron

11. Orian with translucent parts

12. Space Nurse with pink Space Baby

Personally, I’m really interested in what ‘modern astronaut’ means. I’m personally hoping for an at least semi realistic EVU suit with new molds to make it properly accurate. 

44 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Haven’t seen anyone post it here yet but a rumored list for the Space CMF has shown up on Instagram, so I figured someone should put it here too. 

2. Classic space robot

4. M-Tron Redux

5. Alien in UFO costume 

6. Grey Alien tourist 

7. Alien Insectoid 

8. Modern Astronaut 

10. Mutated BlackTron

Personally, I’m really interested in what ‘modern astronaut’ means. I’m personally hoping for an at least semi realistic EVU suit with new molds to make it properly accurate. 

Bummer that there is no outright new Classic Spaceman. Really rooting for bright light blue to complete the Awesome lineup!

I do wonder if #2 is a "classic" Space Robot or it is rather a "Classic Space" robot? LOL

21 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Bummer that there is no outright new Classic Spaceman. Really rooting for bright light blue to complete the Awesome lineup!

I do wonder if #2 is a "classic" Space Robot or it is rather a "Classic Space" robot? LOL

Maybe the space nurse is a new colour? 

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Whatever is #11?

That confused me too – I thought ‘Orian’ might be a character from an old theme that I wasn’t aware of but searching “lego Orian” on google just gives me hits for Orion - which still gives me space stuff but not anything that would involve translucent parts. Unless they’re doing a Minifigure representation of a constellation?

9 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

That confused me too – I thought ‘Orian’ might be a character from an old theme that I wasn’t aware of but searching “lego Orian” on google just gives me hits for Orion - which still gives me space stuff but not anything that would involve translucent parts. Unless they’re doing a Minifigure representation of a constellation?

I would’ve preferred a non translucent minifig so it can tie in with the rest of the old Roman/ Greek CMFs.

44 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Maybe like the stars printed on an all-translucent light blue minifigure?

Orion is a human-looking constellation so it is possible...... I guess..........

Orion Constellation Stars

Let's just ignore what those 4 stars in the middle of the legs might represent 🤪

Edited by Robert8

Not much interesting in this series, but could be very interesting if we get more series like this in the future :pir-santa:

Personally, this series sounds right up my alley, so I am very excited for it. The robot human suit for tiny aliens is the one I’m the most curious to see how they do. 

Wow, all of these sound promising. Some definitely more than others, but I think I'm finally gonna make a space layout this year (once I clear some... space).

• I really hope they went with an idea similar to what Robert8 said for Orion, big Algalon vibes from WoW. 
  • I have no doubt there's gonna be a new classic space colour hidden here somewhere, I would love either light blue, pearl gold or a new way to get black.
  • Really hoping the alien tourist has a Hawaiian shirt.
  • Half the roster is non-human!!! I'd really like if the aliens all looked different (still need to get my hands on some of the parts from the Space Police 3 aliens).
  • Space penguin

I don't even mind that these are in boxes because I've got a feeling that duplicates will still be appreciated. Hoping this is a success and they do one for castle next year!

From those descriptions,  it could be good or it could be awful. Until we get pictures, we won't know.

It only would be M-tron or Ice Planet if they revive Transparent Neon Orange to , and keep Transparent Neon Green around.

Sure, they can do figures without colored visors, or use different colors entirely but it would be pretty meh.

Edited by TeriXeri

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

2. Classic space robot

4. M-Tron Redux

5. Alien in UFO costume 

6. Grey Alien tourist 

7. Alien Insectoid 

8. Modern Astronaut 

10. Mutated BlackTron

Why does No.7 make me think of the Skull Twins from SPIII?

Other than that, No.5, No.6 and No.12 are ones I'll definitely pick up