Megbricks

71046 CMF series 26: Space themed!

57 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Oui, mais pas la jambe droite.

Je n'ai jamais retiré un bras d'une figurine auparavant. Il y a effectivement un risque de se casser le torse ?

no, no risk with current torsos and arms

1 hour ago, Khargeust said:

Yeah but not the right leg.

I never removed an arm from a minifigure before. There is indeed risk to break the torso ?

For new parts, if you are careful in how you do it, nothing should break. But parts can become brittle over time (especially if they've been sitting in the cold), and the most likely thing to go wrong is that the outer half of the arm snaps off.

My process is to rotate the arm so its hand is behind its back, firmly grab as much of the arm as possible between thumb & finger, and bend outwards (pushing with the thumb) and the shoulder just pops out.

16 hours ago, R0Sch said:

I'm a castle fan and love Basil the Vampire Bat Lord. It's a truly magnificent minifig where they went all in on the expenses. Even the cape is of a premium, new material. Besides, the head can be easily replaced. Here in S26 you'd have to change half of the figure and accessories to make it decent. Take Blacktron for instance... right leg swap not even possible, unless change to unprinted, right arm + head swap and needs new helmet too. Same goes for Ice Planet, it just isn't the same without neon orange visor and chainsaw.

I'll change several parts of the Blacktron, M-Tron and Ice Planet minifigs to make them look more like the originals. They'll all get standard helmets with trans neon green and orange visors. The Ice Planet minifig will get a trans neon orange chainsaw and the Blacktron minifig will get white and black legs and an arm. I'll swap the heads also to classic smiley heads for the Blacktron and M-Tron.

My impression from this series didn´t really change much from seeing the better pictures, still somewhat disappointed from it. In the end it is what I expected though, a series with a mix of older and newer minifigures. but I would have expected some more retro figures still. My favourite is the Alien tourist, wouldn´t wonder if that will turn out to be the top minifigure from this series, Ice Planet and M-Tron Figures are pretty cool too. Not that much a fan of what they did with the Blacktron 2 figure, would probably have been better to do a blacktron 2 figure and an alianated new figure on their own. Worst figure for me is the robot with the little aliens inside. The idea is good, but I just don´t like how the minifigure looks.

17 hours ago, Lion King said:

I totally understand your feelings. Castle fans were disappointed when there was suppsoed to be Basil the Bat Lord in Series 25 but he has been transformed into a vampire, known as “Vampire Knight”. 

Were they? As well in the Historic Forums as in the CMF thread there were quite positive opinions about the figure overall and I can´t remember much complains about it beeing a vampire. Especially, since as mentioned above, to swap the head is quite easy. 

Love how the bases are printed with stars. And we get purple boxes. Neon visors ate definitely needed. And the classic Astronaut has grown on me. I'll loving her EVA attachment. 

Are the printed bases the first time for non-licensed CMF Sereis? I know DFB Series had bases with footbal (soccer) players’ names printed on them. 

Series 18 is the f

46 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I know DFB Series had bases with footbal (soccer) players’ names printed on them. 

What?

No, they didn't

14 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

What?

No, they didn't

Wait what? I thought thier names printed on bases, my bad.  

So there are no printed bases for both non-licensed and licensed CMF Series then?

10 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Wait what? I thought thier names printed on bases, my bad.  

So there are no printed bases for both non-licensed and licensed CMF Series then?

Team GB had printed bases, TLBM series 2 did, and Disney 100 series … isn’t that all?

16 minutes ago, williejm said:

Team GB had printed bases, TLBM series 2 did, and Disney 100 series … isn’t that all?

I competely forgot about Disney 100 Series (i coollect a few). I think you are right that’s all.

The official reveal pic is the one that leaked a while ago. Interesting....

I think that might give TLG a clue about who the leaker was...

Posted (edited)

If you look closely at the retro space girl it appears that there is something behind her helmet like a ponytail or something 🤔 in the high quality close ups of course but I could be wrong 

Also the Mtron guy has some hose attached to his back

Edited by 1Panda

Like for a lot of people it seems, this series isn't really doing it for me. I suppose it's better than a costume series for instance and I like seeing zany and different ideas (like the UFO head guy, the robot chef, Orion) - but most of them just don't appeal to me personally.

I do like the Alien Tourist, and the M-Tron and Ice Planet ones are pretty good, though I think M-Tron needs a little something red on the arms to balance with the detailed legs.

Of course I'd like the pink space baby too, but there's nothing else about that figure that I like. They could've at least done a new colour for that bottle, which has still only ever been available in light aqua!

Why does the Human Imposter have odd little toe printing? Seems like an unnecessary print.

I like the legs and feet of the robot chef because I want to use them to build a Lost in Space B-9 Robot, but I don't like the rest of the figure. I like the modern astronaut except for the head, which will probably have a really lousy print. The alien tourist is cute, and the Orion concept is executed pretty well. Most of the others don't appeal to me personally, and I think the execution of the M-Tron, Ice Planet, and Blacktron II figures is pretty bad.

54 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Why does the Human Imposter have odd little toe printing? Seems like an unnecessary print.

I think it is supposed to look like rust

In the leaflet pic (which I don't think we can post here yet) it is shown that he has screwheads printed on the legs as well

107585_LEGO-Minifigures-Series-26-Space.jpg

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I think it is supposed to look like rust

In the leaflet pic (which I don't think we can post here yet) it is shown that he has screwheads printed on the legs as well

Oh I've seen the leaflet pic but couldn't tell there were screwheads. That would make sense.

54 minutes ago, icm said:

I like the modern astronaut except for the head, which will probably have a really lousy print. 

The leaked leaflet (which can be found in the legoleaks hashtags on instagram) actually shows the astronaut without her helmet and her head is pretty good. It’s actually a white base with the yellow face printed on to represent a communications cap. Definitely a step up from the Ice Planet fig’s head - which is also shown sans helmet and is just a generic yellow head. 

Well, that's what I mean. I expect that in real life (as opposed to the render on the leaflet), the yellow print on white will be lousy. I would have preferred a regular yellow head.

This series really isn't doing it for me, but the D&D series will more than make up for that. even ignoring D&D as a concept I think that that is a better (fantasy)castle series then this as a space series.

Orion, the Buggiod and the ice planet one will be the only ones I particularly look out for.

I'd have like more aliens, maybe even an alien crime boss ala space police.

The robot chef doesn't look coherent. He'll probably look better with no helmet and grey hands.

The pink space baby is fun but it's a shame that they can't decide on a consistent eye style for these.

I am intrigued as to how exactly the UFO guy's helmet works.

The alien tourist is fun but nothing to write home about.

The mutant is a fun idea but feels held back by having an intact torso. 

In a series with so many spacesuits M-tron guy just look lesser than his contemporaries, I'll admit I have no nostalgia for it though.

The real problem here is to me the whole group feel very homogeneous, some that might have stood out more in a generic series feel bland here, but TBH I had the same feeling with the Halloween party themed series and the costume party one. I like the space them but I don't love it.

I am in my mid twenties and a lot of thier current nostalgia baiting is from stuff before my time, give us Fantasy era castle revisited please!!!

7 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

The robot chef doesn't look coherent. He'll probably look better with no helmet and grey hands.

Agree

That one is so weird

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, icm said:

Well, that's what I mean. I expect that in real life (as opposed to the render on the leaflet), the yellow print on white will be lousy. I would have preferred a regular yellow head.

Yellow on white printing shouldn't have any issues, I don't think. It's mainly when light colors are printed against a darker base that there's a risk of them looking muddy or faded. And I haven't heard of anyone having any issues with other figures with yellow-on-white face prints like Series 23 Snowman from 2022 or the space drone engineer from 2019.

Edited by Aanchir

Nothing changes my mind about S26 figures. I still like al of them and I will collect 12. I don’t need to swap them with “proper” parts. 

My favorite is turning out to be the Orion minifigure, but I'm not liking his hairpiece and it wasnt the correct choice to go with. There were some better options.

I do wonder which painting or photo they got the idea for the Orion minifig hair???

When I google Orion, he appears to have a different hair or a headgear.

2 hours ago, hikouki said:

I do wonder which painting or photo they got the idea for the Orion minifig hair???

When I google Orion, he appears to have a different hair or a headgear.

If you’re just googling ‘Orion’ or even’Orion Greek mythology’ you’re probably seeing a bunch of much later depictions. That’s what I noticed when I tried it earlier anyway. The artists of the renaissance era and later had a liking for Greek myth as a subject matter (that’s why there are so many oil paintings of the judgement of Paris out there) and they weren’t usually thinking too hard about historical accuracy when they were making them. 

Try googling ‘ancient Greek sculpture’ and you’ll see a decent number of male figures with close cropped ringlets pretty close to what lego decided to use here.