Spur II aus Klemmbaust

[MOC] A short presentation of my narrow gauge train-MOCs in scale 1:22.5 (99 1782-4, Mallet 11sm, Welsh Pony)

Hello everyone,

my name is Nik and I am from Germany.

I would like to present my little MOC-collection. Since 2021 I build 1:22.5 scale locomotives out of bricks. Meanwhile 3 locomotives are finished.

It all started with a holiday on the island Rügen at the baltic sea. After that I absolutely had to build the 99 1782-4 as a MOC. The result is the following MOC for gauge IIe (gauge 32mm):

Some facts about 99 1782-4:

• Motorization: 2x PF L-motor
  • Power: BuWizz 3.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was followed by the Mallet "11sm" of the Brohltalbahn, also on a scale of 1:22.5, but now for gauge IIm (gauge 45mm):

Some facts about Mallet 11sm:

• Motorization: 2x PU L-motor
  • Power: Hub 88009

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Locomotive number 3 is something completely different again. Prototype is "Welsh Pony" of the Ffestiniog Railway from Porthmadog in Wales. Gauge IIf (gauge 26.7mm):

Some facts about "Welsh Pony":

• Motorization: 1x PF L-motor
  • Power: Hub 88009

I hope you'll enjoy my MOCs and videos and thank you in advance for your interest.

Greetings from germany,
Nik

Edited by Spur II aus Klemmbaust

Oooh, gorgeous collection of dampfloks. The engineering to get them working on a different gauge with all those details must be incredible. Brick ON!

9 hours ago, Darkkostas25 said:

Great collection of engines! Nice detailing and parts usage! Neat locos! 

Thank you very much ;-)

7 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Oooh, gorgeous collection of dampfloks. The engineering to get them working on a different gauge with all those details must be incredible.

Thank you, yes it takes some time to get them working but I always enjoy this.

7 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Brick ON!

I will do ;-)

Hi Nik,

I don't need to tell you how much I love your models, for I know them for some time already and we talked about them before more than once. :wink:

But it's great to see that you finally decided to show them to a wider audience.

So welcome here on EB - and keep up your great work!

Edited by Sven J

11 hours ago, Sven J said:

Hi Nik,

I don't need to tell you how much I love your models, for I know them for some time already and we talked about them before more than once. :wink:

But it's great to see that you finally decided to show them to a wider audience.

So welcome her on EB - and keep up your great work!

Hi Sven,

thank you very much for your message ;-) and for the warm welcome on Eurobricks from your side! 

For sure this wouldn‘t be my last locomotive ;-)

Best regards,

Nik

Do you also have a still? So I can add it to the FP post :) Apart from that welcome indeed and of course we hope to see many more great creations!

7 hours ago, JopieK said:

Do you also have a still? So I can add it to the FP post :) 

Hello ;-)

I’m sorry but I only have the YouTube-videos and no good photos of the locomotives…

7 hours ago, JopieK said:

Apart from that welcome indeed and of course we hope to see many more great creations!

Thank you very much! I will do my best ;-)

Best regards,

Nik

17 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow to see such a model is mind boggling, but three together is unbelievable! :wub_drool:

Thank you very much!

17 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Are you designing new models right now? :classic:

Yes, I am working on something new but it’s still a little secret ;-)

I will present it here when it‘s finished, but it will take a few months I think until completion.

Greetings,

Nik

22 hours ago, Spur II aus Klemmbaust said:

Yes, I am working on something new but it’s still a little secret ;-)

Nik

This sounds definitely intriguing ...can't wait to see the new model! :excited:

Hello,

at this point I would like to link three more videos in which I visited the prototypes of the models together with my MOCs:

99 1782-4 at Rügen on August 2022:

Mallet 11sm in Brohl on November 2022:

Mallet 11sm at the locomotive workshop in Benndorf on Februar 2023:

Enjoy watching!

Best regards,

Nik

Wow. The detail is mind blowing......I love the scale too, what a good idea.  

For a second I thought it was @Sven J but wow am I pleased to see another large scale LEGO Train modeller! 

Beautiful locomotives! Am also a fan of the intricate coupling rods especially on the Mallet 11sm. Do you have any freight or passenger wagons at this scale? 

8 hours ago, LEGOTrainBuilderSG said:

Do you have any freight or passenger wagons at this scale? 

Thanks a lot ;-)

In the moment, I want to focus on locomotives because there are so many more I would like to build. But who knows, maybe I will build some  wagons in the future… ;-)

Greetings,

Nik

Amazing work, the detailing is incredible and if you didn't know what to look for you would never know it was lego.

I too vote for a few wagons to complete train. Maybe start with flatcar so that a large engine can pull a load consisting of a smaller engine (grin)

On 6/24/2023 at 5:19 PM, zephyr1934 said:

Amazing work, the detailing is incredible and if you didn't know what to look for you would never know it was lego.

Thank you very much ;-)

On 6/24/2023 at 5:19 PM, zephyr1934 said:

I too vote for a few wagons to complete train. Maybe start with flatcar so that a large engine can pull a load consisting of a smaller engine (grin)

I like the idea of using the flat wagon to load a smaller machine. I will think about it ;-)

Best regards,

Nik

Hello everyone,

attached you will find a video of the visit of my MOC „Welsh Pony“ to the big example in Wales. Filmed in Blaenau Ffestiniog, the end of the Ffestiniog Railway:

Best regards,

Nik

Hello Nik, nice to see you and your models here too!

As I told you before, your models are just astounding and I am really glad to see more and more people build in similar scales like @Sven J and me!

1 hour ago, Bensch55 said:

Hello Nik, nice to see you and your models here too!

As I told you before, your models are just astounding and I am really glad to see more and more people build in similar scales like @Sven J and me!

Thank you very much Bensch.

I also hope that 1:22.5 becomes established as a good scale for Lego trains ;-)

Best regards,

Nik

Hello

Your models should save a lot of work to other builders. I mean, what is the purpose of trying better solutions? But do they negotiate curves and switches? 

Edited by lego3057

On 6/12/2023 at 7:22 PM, Spur II aus Klemmbaust said:

Hello,

at this point I would like to link three more videos in which I visited the prototypes of the models together with my MOCs:

99 1782-4 at Rügen on August 2022:

Mallet 11sm in Brohl on November 2022:

Mallet 11sm at the locomotive workshop in Benndorf on Februar 2023:

Enjoy watching!

Best regards,

Nik

These Videos are Epic!

Lovely detailed models!!