BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

17 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Tan and Dark Orange horse being in multiple sets also helps, as they are listed under Bestseller , which before, they were not.

I think it has more to do with moving high demand parts from standard to bestseller, to reduce the orders and waiting time on standard i Billund (bestseller in Poland ship very quickly now). Anyway it means horses are popular and in demand :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Triceron said:

White and Black really need to return.

Would be nice to have the original horse colors back yes, however new colors are also great to get so I say as Winnie the Pooh; both please :tongue:
I would also like to see the foal in more colors since that is a fantastic mould, still waiting for it in the classic horse colors black and brown:excited:

8 hours ago, BTappel said:

This is wishful thinking but watching TLG bring back many of the classic factions recently like crusaders, falcons, and forest men makes me want them to bring back the rest!  This set would be perfect to reintroduce another faction or two, say a couple new black nights to guard the village and perhaps a wolf pack or two to cause the knights problems?!

I would not mind e.g. a wolf pack fig etc in the set, but hope the focus on civilians figs in the village :wink:

Wondering if the guard in the village set might be from the Crusader Axe faction. Great way to indroduce more figures of the faction, since there is already a new shield with the crossed halberds pattern. It doenst seem that far out of reach.

But that is probably wishful thinking. 

5 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

Wondering if the guard in the village set might be from the Crusader Axe faction. Great way to indroduce more figures of the faction, since there is already a new shield with the crossed halberds pattern. It doenst seem that far out of reach.

But that is probably wishful thinking. 

That would be quite awesome, actually.  I wouldn't mind giving some of those under utilized factions some love.  For a 'smaller' set like this, I would be totally down with expanding on those factions if they make new torsos to support them.

19 hours ago, BTappel said:

This is wishful thinking but watching TLG bring back many of the classic factions recently like crusaders, falcons, and forest men makes me want them to bring back the rest!  This set would be perfect to reintroduce another faction or two, say a couple new black nights to guard the village and perhaps a wolf pack or two to cause the knights problems?!

I say a small peasant farm set with a few Wolfpack thrown in would be great.  I'm still interested in how an updated Wolfpack torso would look. I think some leather-dressed torsos with a small Wolfpack emblem, like the CMF Rogue's buckle, would be the best way to represent them.

Will this village set be released this ear or next year? Sorry I’m not following this thread real close.

31 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Will this village set be released this ear or next year? Sorry I’m not following this thread real close.

Next year at the earliest, since it seems preliminary (and may just be a proof-of-concept for the purposes of the survey). 

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Next year at the earliest, since it seems preliminary (and may just be a proof-of-concept for the purposes of the survey). 

I think it is possible we get it this year!
We do not know how old the picture is, it is a rather finished build as well for a prelim.
My guess/hope is August this year:blush:

Just now, Roebuck said:

I think it is possible we get it this year!
We do not know how old the picture is, it is a rather finished build as well for a prelim.
My guess/hope is August this year:blush:

I am trying not to get my hopes up too much, and considering the number of large sets that are coming out this year (details of a $215 Pirates set just leaked!), I would be fine with waiting until next year (not that I want to, though). 

24 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

... (details of a $215 Pirates set just leaked!) ...

You cannot just drop this in the middle of a message :pir_laugh2:

Could you please provide a link or more details ?

We don't even know if the set is real yet, don't get your hopes up that we're getting it this year, lol.

57 minutes ago, Imrryran said:

You cannot just drop this in the middle of a message :pir_laugh2:

Could you please provide a link or more details ?

Its just posted as a "rumor" on IG. Acording to that, it is set 10320, 18+ with 2509 pcs weirldy priced as 214,99 USD. Only info available besides those numbers is that it should be under ICONS theme. PErhaps some imperial ship or a Port? 

On 2/27/2023 at 5:40 PM, BTappel said:

Some references could be nice, though I think minifigs from other "knight" factions would be better off appearing in sets or CMFs where they can get a bit more focus (and thus, more dedicated prints and molds), rather than ones focused on peasant/civilian life. Troops from these factions would presumably need both printed torsos AND legs to measure up to the modern Lion Knight and Black Falcon minifigures.

For the Black Knights in particular, I kind of feel like the best modern interpretation of the silver scale armor torso pattern that they used so widely might be a molded armor piece, rather than just a torso print — especially since, much like the silver breastplate torso pattern from the mid-80s, the this scale armor pattern appeared on several different colors of torso assembly across several different factions!

As with the molded breastplate piece that's gotten so much use from the 90s through the present day, a molded scale armor piece could be popped onto any modern Lion Knight or Black Falcon character to give them a whole new look and differentiate them from their comrades-in-arms. The golden dragon armor from LEGO Ninjago provides an example of how a molded scale armor texture could look, though that one covers just the chest rather than the whole torso.

I realize this is rather tangential, so back on topic: I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to include a singular Wolfpack bandit in a set like this to provide a little bit of danger and intrigue. Like the forest people, they could probably work fine with just two new printed elements (a torso and a shield) and unprinted legs. The old peasant hoods and molded capes could easily be swapped for a modern hood mold and fabric cape, which already tend to be available in colors like black and brown. Plus, if LEGO wanted to spread those new prints around a bit more to offset their cost, a modernized version of 6038 would probably be around the right size for a GWP set similar to the Forest Hideout!

It's also possible that LEGO would rather continue to use the Forest People as the rebel element in a few more sets before reintroducing another outlaw faction. If they chose to do so but still wanted to keep things fresh, they could introduce a new torso pattern (without the need for a new shield as well). Or they could even use the existing red-and-green torso with a scruffier-looking face print and a hood piece instead of a bycocket cap, as a callback to some of the Dark Forest minifigures from the 90s.

On 2/28/2023 at 7:40 AM, Cyberfounder said:

The crossed halberd heraldry was a bit before my time, but honestly I've never thought of it as a separate faction, just as an alternate torso pattern for Lion Knight guards and soldiers. That's how that torso pattern appeared to be used in sets — plus, it echoes the crossed lance motif that appears over 6080's gate. Regardless, I wouldn't mind seeing that shield in another set, potentially even with a new Lion Knight torso pattern to match (together with the existing Lion Knight legs pattern).

Man...what is with these leaked pictures nowadays? How can such bad resolution exist in 2023?

Anyways, it's hard to judge...well ANYTHING based off of what I can see, but I'd gladly take LESS minifigures if they included another tower or something.

12 hours ago, Aanchir said:

The crossed halberd heraldry was a bit before my time, but honestly I've never thought of it as a separate faction, just as an alternate torso pattern for Lion Knight guards and soldiers. That's how that torso pattern appeared to be used in sets — plus, it echoes the crossed lance motif that appears over 6080's gate. Regardless, I wouldn't mind seeing that shield in another set, potentially even with a new Lion Knight torso pattern to match (together with the existing Lion Knight legs pattern). 

Could be bannermen or a lesser house under the lion crown I guess :shrug_oh_well:

6 hours ago, Doddsino said:

but I'd gladly take LESS minifigures if they included another tower or something.

I do not agree with that and hope they focus on animals and civilians in the set. My guess is that the building with the tower is a based on;
6067-1.jpg
That set also has the lion shield (and the black falcon one), but the crossed halberd heraldry figs so I guess that increase the change of them popping up in the set :wink:
cas105.png

On 3/1/2023 at 10:56 AM, Aanchir said:

Some references could be nice, though I think minifigs from other "knight" factions would be better off appearing in sets or CMFs where they can get a bit more focus (and thus, more dedicated prints and molds), rather than ones focused on peasant/civilian life. Troops from these factions would presumably need both printed torsos AND legs to measure up to the modern Lion Knight and Black Falcon minifigures.

For the Black Knights in particular, I kind of feel like the best modern interpretation of the silver scale armor torso pattern that they used so widely might be a molded armor piece, rather than just a torso print — especially since, much like the silver breastplate torso pattern from the mid-80s, the this scale armor pattern appeared on several different colors of torso assembly across several different factions!

As with the molded breastplate piece that's gotten so much use from the 90s through the present day, a molded scale armor piece could be popped onto any modern Lion Knight or Black Falcon character to give them a whole new look and differentiate them from their comrades-in-arms. The golden dragon armor from LEGO Ninjago provides an example of how a molded scale armor texture could look, though that one covers just the chest rather than the whole torso.

It's going to be incredibly bittersweet if they move in this direction.  On the one hand, it's been great getting CMF versions of classics, like the Knight of the Yellow Castle or the Falconer and Orc.  But that also makes them in high demand, and even with the easy-feel capes, it was hard hunting down any available Falconers or Orcs.  The move towards blind-boxes will be a bane to my existence. 

9 hours ago, Triceron said:

It's going to be incredibly bittersweet if they move in this direction.  On the one hand, it's been great getting CMF versions of classics, like the Knight of the Yellow Castle or the Falconer and Orc.  But that also makes them in high demand, and even with the easy-feel capes, it was hard hunting down any available Falconers or Orcs.  The move towards blind-boxes will be a bane to my existence. 

It will be really interesting to see how things go when they move too CMF boxes. I do not think weighing work very well and one thing is to feel the bags another to stand in shop with a weight, but it might work. If the placement of the figs in the box is over 90% for a untampered box that might be most promising way to do it.
If it is impossible to tell the popular figs like knights will probably be more expensive on BL so getting a few would be costly.. I am glad the first series is Marvel so I can learn from the mistakes people do before we get a normal series..

12 hours ago, Triceron said:

getting orcs and falcons has been incredibly difficult for me, I didn't get nearly as many as I had hoped for. as for the boxes I might actually resort to buying from scalpers but only for figs which I want just one or two at most. army building would be way too rough...

Great thread to read!  Thanks to all that have been discussing this.  I am only a month behind on this news.  I am curious if any better pictures ever leaked of this set?  I only see the small grainy photo currently up on the internet with the two confidential stamps on it.

I am really looking forward to seeing this set when it is finalized.  As I always say in these threads the real value will come with the new civilian prints, new molds for medieval builds, and other hard to get parts.  Obviously many of the animals fall into this category. 

If the civilians torsos are taken from the blacksmith set, and/or the LKC peasants, I will be very, very disappointed.  I've already obtained 50ish of each through B&P and/or LUGbulk.  

Civilian prints closer to the fantasy era, or even better, robe-like similar to Jedi torsos would be incredible!  

It does appear that the new LOTR torsos will add some fantastic variety for merchants and casually dressed nobles now that the flesh part of their torsos is notably absent.  I just don't know how I will obtain a fair number of them.  Do we think the Rivendell set will ever make those torsos and legs available on B&P?  I haven't really purchased licensed stuff on B&P ever.  

Finally, I obtained about 150 orcs and 50 ish Falconers.  I resorted to Bricklink and paid a premium (around $7.50) to get most of them.  Some I got in store by feeling them out...  Army building with CMFs is getting too hard and very expensive.  Even at the LEGO store they come out to be $5.50 with tax.  I'm kind of an idiot for collecting them in numbers.  But I guess in a decade they will be worth double or more than what they are now.  When they go to putting the CMFs in boxes, Bricklink will be the only place I obtain them.  

2 hours ago, DaleDVM said:

If the civilians torsos are taken from the blacksmith set, and/or the LKC peasants, I will be very, very disappointed.

I am guess they will reuse some parts, however I am sure the set will give us several new civilian parts as well :sweet: The real question is if they keep making the new versions of older figs like the ones in the castle or if they start making new ones:shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, Poco Lypso said:

getting orcs and falcons has been incredibly difficult for me, I didn't get nearly as many as I had hoped for. as for the boxes I might actually resort to buying from scalpers but only for figs which I want just one or two at most. army building would be way too rough...

I realized early on the issue was that each box only contains 3 of every figure, so the chances of getting them from any open box is quite low.  They're super easy to feel for, so that leaves the rest of the figures behind.  And stores aren't going to open a new box if they have plenty left to sell.

I lucked out by going to a Bookstore chain that had 3 boxes behind the counter.  I went during a weekday morning and lucked out that the cashier let me feel em out.  Got my 3 falconers and 1 orc out of that.  I'd like to have more Orcs but I feel guilty every time I go hunting for em, knowing how limited they are.

I really have a love-hate relationship with the CMF system, because it's a great way to introduce old classics and unique minifigures, but absolutely terrible and limited for army-building.  Even today, I can't get my hands on a Tournament Knight due to the high after-market costs from all the army-building.  I had the chance, but Covid was just starting and I didn't think it was worth the risk at the time and thought I could just get a cheap figure on Bricklink.  Little did I know...

30 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Do you feel it's really coming ?

IMO, there's no reason not to.

It was an official survey regarding pricing.  They had official concepts (that look like they were actually built).  That's quite a big step into development and marketing to get this far.  If it doesn't happen, I would think it'd be a decision at the marketting or exec level; like them delaying/cancelling the Indiana Jones Temple of Doom sets when we know they existed (but not yet in production).  Otherwise, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't make the Medieval Village set; the LKC and Forest Hideout sets already proved the popularity of Castle sets.

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It will be really interesting to see how things go when they move too CMF boxes. I do not think weighing work very well and one thing is to feel the bags another to stand in shop with a weight, but it might work. If the placement of the figs in the box is over 90% for a untampered box that might be most promising way to do it.
If it is impossible to tell the popular figs like knights will probably be more expensive on BL so getting a few would be costly.. I am glad the first series is Marvel so I can learn from the mistakes people do before we get a normal series..

I know of a few shops that open all the boxes and sell them individually for a slight markup ($1 more).  I think that would be the best alternative for me (other than entering another Dark Age.)

1 hour ago, Khargeust said:

Do you feel it's really coming ?

I hope and think so yes :wub:

46 minutes ago, Triceron said:

know of a few shops that open all the boxes and sell them individually for a slight markup ($1 more).  I think that would be the best alternative for me (other than entering another Dark Age.) 

I am no where near a Dark Age because of this, but will be interesting to see how it is handled. Maybe Lego stores will start with swapping again? Just buy a fig, open it and if you do not need it, swap it for one you need :wink:

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I hope and think so yes :wub:

I am no where near a Dark Age because of this, but will be interesting to see how it is handled. Maybe Lego stores will start with swapping again? Just buy a fig, open it and if you do not need it, swap it for one you need :wink:

Wait, was swapping really a thing?

I've only recently got back into Lego (within the last 4 years) and Lego store policies are still quite new to me.  Just looking for some context when they did this.

3 hours ago, Triceron said:

Wait, was swapping really a thing?

I've only recently got back into Lego (within the last 4 years) and Lego store policies are still quite new to me.  Just looking for some context when they did this.

I remember doing it with CMF 7 and other figs at Legoland in like 2012. 😂

4 hours ago, Triceron said:

I really have a love-hate relationship with the CMF system, because it's a great way to introduce old classics and unique minifigures, but absolutely terrible and limited for army-building.  Even today, I can't get my hands on a Tournament Knight due to the high after-market costs from all the army-building.  I had the chance, but Covid was just starting and I didn't think it was worth the risk at the time and thought I could just get a cheap figure on Bricklink.  Little did I know...

Same 😢 I really want one or two of the vikings from that series for my rohirrim and medieval mocs, but missed them because of COVID. Now they're over $20 on bricklink, so I'll probably never get one☹️