BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

25 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

there's a tree on the side of the tower in the MV that I think will prohibit that tower being attached to those holes. No other building seems talll enough to connect to it either :(

Even if the tree wasn't there, the top of the tower in MV extends beyond the walls, making such a connection awkward. And I personally don't think connecting a castle directly with civilian buildings is a great look. But YMMV.

On 1/2/2024 at 8:53 PM, Triceron said:

Side2JPG.JPG

My understanding of this piece in this location is simply to give a solid grasping point for opening and closing the castle, without pulling the whole thing to bricks.

Posted (edited)

I don't think that empty technic pin holes in this case have to mean something is meant to connect to it.

Often does with regular bricks, but this chimney is such a specialized part, far more likely chosen for structural reasoning and not pin holes toward the outside.

Edited by TeriXeri

The Icons kingfisher set has leaked almost a month before the release so we might hope for more pictures in the start of February for this set:sweet:

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The Icons kingfisher set has leaked almost a month before the release so we might hope for more pictures in the start of February for this set:sweet:

we kinda got it last February too lol

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I can't wait anymore! Arggh:iamded_lol:

I will have to freeze myself like Cartman did in Southpark when he was waiting for the Nintendo Wii :shrug_oh_well:

I never understand why licensed sets leak before LEGO non licensed sets. You figure it would be the complete opposite, I mean us pirate fans had no idea what the el dorado fortress looked like two weeks until its release. However though why are we speculating it would connect to the 10305 rather than being a standalone set it was in 2010? I’m happy either way because 1, is less than two months away and 2: more medieval figures. LOL 

50 minutes ago, eldiano said:

However though why are we speculating it would connect to the 10305 rather than being a standalone set it was in 2010? 

Because designers said in a interview about 10305 that they initially want to integrate a village nearby but the idea was left behind.

2 hours ago, eldiano said:

I never understand why licensed sets leak before LEGO non licensed sets. You figure it would be the complete opposite, I mean us pirate fans had no idea what the el dorado fortress looked like two weeks until its release...

Eldorado Fortress was a LEGO exclusive, so the details of it are not given to other retailers and LEGO can control the information more easily. Most licensed sets are sold though other retailers, and it's generally through third party retailers that you get the leaks.

I built the Eldorado fortress set this weekend and now it is even stranger to me that this set should have a better PPP ratio *huh*
There is a lot of small parts in the set and a lot of similar parts even minifigs have a lot of parts in common and they are only 8 all things that point to it been cheap.

I do not mind if this set is reasonably priced at all as I have said several times previously as long as it do not save money on the animals and minifigs. Sorry for being a broken record, I am just nervous what they have done to the set and exited to see it I guess :blush: As long as it is close to the prelim we are in the promised land, March really could not come fast enough :excited:

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I built the Eldorado fortress set this weekend and now it is even stranger to me that this set should have a better PPP ratio *huh*

My main guess would still be that roof texture could be built up from many 1x1, perhaps some path is included with 1x1 round tiles (diagon alley sidewalk. Eldorado ramp style) , or just some Tree(s) with potentially lots of tiny flower bits.

And since it's medieval, wall sections could perhaps be built from sections with just some layers of plates instead of stacking mostly bricks (Eldorado had those dark red plates in the walls) , and SNOT bricks or brackets with more 1x1 tiles for more sideways wall textures.

I think Lion Knights Castle would have 6000+ pieces too if it had large section of wall built from plates, instead of the hundreds of 1x3 and 1x2 bricks they used, if they wanted to go for a more rugged/damaged look seen in MOCs.

Edited by TeriXeri

10 hours ago, Khargeust said:

Because designers said in a interview about 10305 that they initially want to integrate a village nearby but the idea was left behind.

Oh wow, I never knew about this.  Would you happen to know where this is from?  I'd like to check that out

13 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Eldorado Fortress was a LEGO exclusive, so the details of it are not given to other retailers and LEGO can control the information more easily. Most licensed sets are sold though other retailers, and it's generally through third party retailers that you get the leaks.

Do we know if MTS is expected to be a Lego exclusive?  That determines likelihood of leaks and discounts to get multiples! :)

23 hours ago, eldiano said:

I never understand why licensed sets leak before LEGO non licensed sets. You figure it would be the complete opposite, I mean us pirate fans had no idea what the el dorado fortress looked like two weeks until its release. However though why are we speculating it would connect to the 10305 rather than being a standalone set it was in 2010? I’m happy either way because 1, is less than two months away and 2: more medieval figures. LOL 

Didn't we only get pictures when Lego announced it? Cant remember that happened last lol

On 1/7/2024 at 10:44 PM, Khargeust said:

Because designers said in an interview about 10305 that they initially want to integrate a village nearby but the idea was left behind.

I remember a few years back they also said that castles and pirates would had been 3in1 sets going forward as well(2021). I’m glad that’s not the case anymore I think! Either way an extension to the castle shouldn’t be hard to do, considering how modular the castle can be when expanded.

On 1/8/2024 at 12:11 AM, RichardGoring said:

That makes sense I completely forgot about their control of information! Nothing gets leaked unless they deemed it worthy, unless retailers do it before a reveal.

On 1/8/2024 at 12:45 AM, Roebuck said:

There is a lot of small parts in the set and a lot of similar parts even minifigs have a lot of parts in common and they are only 8 all things that point to it been cheap.

I do not mind if this set is reasonably priced at all as I have said several times previously as long as it do not save money on the animals and minifigs. Sorry for being a broken record, I am just nervous what they have done to the set and exited to see it I guess :blush: As long as it is close to the prelim we are in the promised land, March really could not come fast enough :excited:

The way the Fortress and Majisto’s workshop have been released, keep your expectations low, because with our luck they’ll probably throw us unprinted animals, armors and shields. I know for a fact that we will never get One mold Axes and Halberds but Hey it is what it is.

On 1/8/2024 at 2:07 PM, Mopasali said:

Do we know if MTS is expected to be a Lego exclusive?  That determines likelihood of leaks and discounts to get multiples! :)

LEGO Icons have been exclusive to Lego for the time being, I haven’t seen the El Dorado on retailers outside of lego. 

On 1/8/2024 at 9:41 PM, kuzyabricks said:

Didn't we only get pictures when Lego announced it? Cant remember that happened last lol

It hasn’t been announced. They leaked a prototype picture of the set when someone from the Adult Lego study group took pictures of them with LEGO proprietary watermarks and they  vanished from the internet. They were supposed to give feedback on the “2024” sets but someone broke their NDA when they posted the pics. The 10331 set was revealed today and it comes out February, 10332 is this set so next month we should see the reveal around this time. Fingers crossed. 

6 hours ago, eldiano said:

I remember a few years back they also said that castles and pirates would had been 3in1 sets going forward as well(2021). I’m glad that’s not the case anymore I think! Either way an extension to the castle shouldn’t be hard to do, considering how modular the castle can be when expanded.

That makes sense I completely forgot about their control of information! Nothing gets leaked unless they deemed it worthy, unless retailers do it before a reveal.

The way the Fortress and Majisto’s workshop have been released, keep your expectations low, because with our luck they’ll probably throw us unprinted animals, armors and shields. I know for a fact that we will never get One mold Axes and Halberds but Hey it is what it is.

LEGO Icons have been exclusive to Lego for the time being, I haven’t seen the El Dorado on retailers outside of lego. 

It hasn’t been announced. They leaked a prototype picture of the set when someone from the Adult Lego study group took pictures of them with LEGO proprietary watermarks and they  vanished from the internet. They were supposed to give feedback on the “2024” sets but someone broke their NDA when they posted the pics. The 10331 set was revealed today and it comes out February, 10332 is this set so next month we should see the reveal around this time. Fingers crossed. 

No I'm talking about Eldorado. We never got a leaked image

7 hours ago, eldiano said:

keep your expectations low, because with our luck they’ll probably throw us unprinted animals, armors and shields

Too late for that I am super hyped :excited:
They will not give us unprinted animals, they might give us a lot fewer than on the prelim if say people replied in the survey they was not willing to pay that much for the set as Lego was expecting. On the other hand if you go to buy a car and they ask you how much you are willing to pay for a Ferrari you are looking at. You say something and then they say sorry for that you can get this Lada instead, you might not be interested to buy the Lada at all :tongue:

As I said before if if Lego told the designers that you could have 10 animals for "free" outside the budget with this set problem would be solved and everybody would be happy :wink:

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

They will not give us unprinted animals...

I reckon an unprinted animal will sneak in there as an architectural detail, just to prove you wrong. :laugh:

13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

They will not give us unprinted animals, they might give us a lot fewer than on the prelim if say people replied in the survey they was not willing to pay that much for the set as Lego was expecting. On the other hand if you go to buy a car and they ask you how much you are willing to pay for a Ferrari you are looking at. You say something and then they say sorry for that you can get this Lada instead, you might not be interested to buy the Lada at all :tongue:

I'm not sure this analogy holds up as it was not a global survey. Don't forget this is all based on a leak that wasn't supposed to be public knowledge. On top of that, this was during a feedback cycle, so adjustments may welll have been made based on the results.

It may end up closer to a dealership asking one person how much they'd pay for this red ferrari, and based on that response, offering a red chevrolet to the general public at large.

Remember the Majisto GWP, and dampen your hype!

Edited by Yoggington

50 minutes ago, Yoggington said:

Cool, so we should expect a free set with a new torso print for an old faction?  :D

It is really hard to compare a GWP on the larger side of GWP to a more expensive set.  El Dorado is probably the best comparison, and MTS should have a better budget spend because it is 1) a companion not a remake and budget can be used in modern build techniques, 2) doesn't have to spend a lot of bricks to replace a baseplate, and 3) is following in a theme resurgence, so some key parts (torsos, shields, armor) can be reused.

1 hour ago, Yoggington said:

I'm not sure this analogy holds up as it was not a global survey. Don't forget this is all based on a leak that wasn't supposed to be public knowledge. On top of that, this was during a feedback cycle, so adjustments may welll have been made based on the results.

It may end up closer to a dealership asking one person how much they'd pay for this red ferrari, and based on that response, offering a red chevrolet to the general public at large.

How are you comparing a GWP to an actual $230 set.  That doesn't make any sense.  Yeah they gave us one dud out the several Castle themed sets they have given us for the past few years, that doesn't mean that we should just expect crap sets from here on out.  With that logic I'm assuming you think Barad Dur will be crap too?  The MTS will be a fine set.  I think you're reading way to much into the Majisto GWP outcome.  

I'm not trying to compare the sets or predict a crap set, I'm trying to compare the hype train.

When Majisto GWP was leaked a lot of posters built up the set in their minds through months of anticipation, and were (unsurprisingly) disappointed.

At the rate the thread is hyping this set, anything shy of something spectacular is going to be greeted with complaints of all the things the designers didn't do. For a closer example to the point I was trying to make - see the kinda lukewarm reception to the Eldorado remake. The GWP example just seemed to fit better in this Castle thread.

11 minutes ago, Yoggington said:

I'm not trying to compare the sets or predict a crap set, I'm trying to compare the hype train.

When Majisto GWP was leaked a lot of posters built up the set in their minds through months of anticipation, and were (unsurprisingly) disappointed.

At the rate the thread is hyping this set, anything shy of something spectacular is going to be greeted with complaints of all the things the designers didn't do. For a closer example to the point I was trying to make - see the kinda lukewarm reception to the Eldorado remake. The GWP example just seemed to fit better in this Castle thread.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't worry about it.  If people get upset at the set then who cares there will always be people who like the set, love the set and dislike the set for various reasons.  At this point the set is finalized so what we get is what we get and I'm sure people will be fine with what we get.  The viking village looks great for the size and this set is larger.