BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, durazno33 said:

Is there a picture that shows what is depicted on this shield? I hope it isn't blank.

53517961807_cb1ae25687_t.jpg

As blank as you can be.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2024-02-08_133329.png?ex=65d7

Edited by Cyprinus

You know what would be better than a shield painting shop? An armor shop with fully printed shields.

I half jokingly posit that the painter shop was included specifically to cheap out on printed shields.

2 hours ago, Cyprinus said:

Yeah, it is a companion set to the Castle. The designer even said the town provides stuff for the castle.

Ohhh i forgot that thank. 

9 minutes ago, danth said:

You know what would be better than a shield painting shop? An armor shop with fully printed shields.

I half jokingly posit that the painter shop was included specifically to cheap out on printed shields.

I don't think you are that far off from the truth. Having one blank shield sure. But 3? 

It isn't perfect, since I couldn't be bothered, but it works quite well.

Spoiler

obraz.png?ex=65d79f42&is=65c52a42&hm=1db

12 minutes ago, danth said:

The sad part is, I wouldn't even be surprised...

5 minutes ago, durazno33 said:

I don't think you are that far off from the truth. Having one blank shield sure. But 3? 

In the videos from Denmark, there's two more printed shields - classic Lion Knights and a reuse from Viking Village.  It looks the set was modified after they showed it at fan fest?  Or maybe highly unlikely the box is wrong?

1 minute ago, Mopasali said:

In the videos from Denmark, there's two more printed shields - classic Lion Knights and a reuse from Viking Village.  It looks the set was modified after they showed it at fan fest?  Or maybe highly unlikely the box is wrong?

It is more than just the box - all the officials pictures show the blanks. More penny-pinching from Lego.

They probably just had those as place holders for the fan media day. If you watch the videos the cat is also a different colour then the one on the official box pictures. Additionally, in the Just2Good video the designer mentioned the new door molds but said they weren't ready for the media day so the door frames where left empty.

35 minutes ago, GreenhouseBricker said:

They probably just had those as place holders for the fan media day. If you watch the videos the cat is also a different colour then the one on the official box pictures. Additionally, in the Just2Good video the designer mentioned the new door molds but said they weren't ready for the media day so the door frames where left empty.

That would make sense if they were to include new shields. But the unprinted ones all already existed so you don´t need a placeholder for it. Anyways whether it is a shieldsmith or a shieldpainter having just one shield is a bit disappointing, they could at least have added some more existing shields from the castle. 

2 hours ago, durazno33 said:

Well it makes sense the painter has some material lying around to work with. Just would also make sense that she has some finished work aswell.

I'm really sad to see LEGO exploiting nostalgy over and over.

It started with some love letters to the classic themes. Galaxy Explorer and Lion Knights' Castle are fantastic sets without compromises.

Now it feels like they are just thinking about cashing. The love had to move over for ratio, compromises are made, there is cutting corners everywhere they can.

I refuse to encourage them to continue this path. I'd rather have less nostalgic sets, but I'd rather be blown away when we could get one.

As far as the shields go, I think it's one area that could have used a sticker to show a half-painted shield on one or two of the pieces. Goodness knows the set already has enough, but it would have added a little more to the shield painter's shop if we're going to sticker bomb the place anyways.

How I hate sets being dependant of stickers. If something has to be visualized, give us some printed pieces, especially in expensive +18 sets, or even better, find some brick-built solutions, it's LEGO!

Ohhh this set has stickers?!? A 18+ set?!? If true, I will skip it. 

*glaring at the rumored black ship set*

18 minutes ago, Lion King said:

The yellow castle tapestry, all the signs, paintings and posters are stickered. Ditto for the book tile the taxcollector is holding.

Edit. And the shutters.

Edited by Cyprinus

4 minutes ago, Cyprinus said:

The yellow castle tapestry, all the signs, paintings and posters are stickered. Ditto for the book tile the taxcollector is holding.

Officially skipping it. 

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

THERE'S A SHIP SET RUMOURED?!?!? 

side note, stickers aren't that big of a deal, people whine too much about them

55 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

A black Spaceship.

I'm really confused over why they felt they had to use blank shields when there are so many to choose from in 10305. Does it actually cost that much more to reuse one of them? It doesn't matter to me because I have hundreds of shields anyway, but it's annoying seeing that level of stinginess coming from TLG. That just seems incredibly petty to me.

I like how everyone's conveniently forgetting that the original Medieval Market Village had stickers too.

4 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

Oops I want to say a black spaceship, sorry abou that!

2 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

I like how everyone's conveniently forgetting that the original Medieval Market Village had stickers too.

Um yeah?  I’ts 2024, not 2009. I guess history repeats…

2 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

Yeah. Out of all the things you could choose to complain about with this set, "stickers exist" is certainly an interesting choice for the deciding factor.

I do think the set would do better if they'd added more animals and just upped the price a bit- Lion Knight's castle was significantly more expensive than this and did pretty well, so the demand is clearly there. 

Personally, my biggest issue is honestly just that it doesn't feel like much of a village compared to the old one. I don't know if it needs more side builds, different looking buildings, or what, but this one feels a lot more like two disjointed buildings than a medieval town.

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

Oops I want to say a black spaceship, sorry abou that!

Um yeah?  I’ts 2024, not 2009. I guess history repeats…

:(((((

It's funny how Lego enforces these minifigure limits based on part count for BDP submissions, but fails to keep this guideline in their own sets. This should be the bare minimum for every LEGO set. 10193 had 8 minifigures and 1601 pieces, 10305 had 22 at 4514 pieces so this set should have had at exactly 16 minifigures by the same part count metric. And I wouldn't have complained to pay 20€ more for those 8 extra.
GiBMCMY.png

Now looking back at 7189 Mill Village Raid with 663 pieces, 6 minifigures and 7 animals feels like a real bargain and it wasn't exactly cheap at the time costing 70$.