BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

The buildings look good, some differences from the leaked photo.  It feels less busy, maybe because it looks like we lost a tree or two and there's some rearranged items.  I'm ok with less animals than the leak, but they really cut them out.  I figure the goat won't be that expensive on PAB eventually to get more, but really would've liked another cow or to at least gotten two goats in a set this size.  Surely the budget could've given even one horse.  Waiting to see the details inside and the torsos.  What is on the crook's torso?? Probably just trying to visualize a Wolfpack logo from the blurry photo, but maybe?

Edited by Retrocity

The tax collector looks interesting and has a cape and has printed legs.  The hooded fig is hard to tell the torso print.  The buildings are look nice, I'm hoping there are future expansions of the village.  Baker has a new white and red torso with red skirt.  Boy has a new torso print.  Blond haired lady seems to have a new torso print.  Brunette haired lady doesn't seem to have a new print looks like the one green torso that is out now.  Blacksmith looks new and there seems to be a lion knight soldier on the tower.  

18 minutes ago, Retrocity said:

The buildings look good, some differences from the leaked photo.  It feels less busy, maybe because it looks like we lost a tree or two and there's some rearranged items.  I'm ok with less animals than the leak, but they really cut them out.  I figure the goat won't be that expensive on PAB eventually to get more, but really would've liked another cow or to at least gotten two goats in a set this size.  Surely the budget could've given even one horse.  Waiting to see the details inside and the torsos.  What is on the crook's torso?? Probably just trying to visualize a Wolfpack logo from the blurry photo, but maybe?

That would be nice to get a wolfpack bandit.  Some more animals would have been nice but I'm more about the build.  I have plenty of animals I can populate the town square with.  

Um... Surely there are some animals hiding inside one of the buildings... Right? They didn't just kill the cows and stick their horns in the chimneys, right?! Besides the goat (gold star there), the animals are SEVERELY lacking... one kitten, one squirrel, and a few birds and frogs, all of which are fairly common, is a bit insulting - especially after the past medieval peasant sets were havens for huge numbers of animals. Lego really cheaped out by not giving a cow or two, a horse to go with the cart, or at least a second goat. Major disappointment on that front. Also, that tree in the back looks kinda pathetic - would have either gotten a well, or a different style of tree.

Otherwise... This is basically all I wanted. It looks like there are several new torsos and faces of the peasants, and the buildings look good from this front angle. It looks like there is a lot of potential for all of the rooms - I can already see a pie on a windowsill, a broken cart wheel, and more. And hopefully some of those signs are printed - having them all be stickers would be a pity.

Excited for clearer photos (and interior ones!) tomorrow, though! I'll still be waiting for either a small sale, or at least a good GWP, but it's on my wishlist!

I think there's at least three prints for the inn, the little boy's house, and the blacksmith.  Might be a print on the tree in the back.  Shutter prints (not stickers?) look new too.  

It is low on animals, but seems to have a lot of interesting architecture pieces.  The little boy's house seems to have a new door type with a lattice window?  

I'm thinking the hooded figure has white laces on the torso, so perhaps a reuse of Mrs. Blacksmith's green and white torso (to keep expectations basic)?  Crook has a cape too.  So many capes!

4 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Um... Surely there are some animals hiding inside one of the buildings... Right? They didn't just kill the cows and stick their horns in the chimneys, right?! Besides the goat (gold star there), the animals are SEVERELY lacking... one kitten, one squirrel, and a few birds and frogs, all of which are fairly common, is a bit insulting - especially after the past medieval peasant sets were havens for huge numbers of animals. Lego really cheaped out by not giving a cow or two, a horse to go with the cart, or at least a second goat. Major disappointment on that front. Also, that tree in the back looks kinda pathetic - would have either gotten a well, or a different style of tree.

Otherwise... This is basically all I wanted. It looks like there are several new torsos and faces of the peasants, and the buildings look good from this front angle. It looks like there is a lot of potential for all of the rooms - I can already see a pie on a windowsill, a broken cart wheel, and more. And hopefully some of those signs are printed - having them all be stickers would be a pity.

Excited for clearer photos (and interior ones!) tomorrow, though! I'll still be waiting for either a small sale, or at least a good GWP, but it's on my wishlist!

The shutters look like stickers to me, unfortunately.

Don’t see any shields at all.  The one knight looked yellow in the picture but in the minifigure lineup above looks like LK colors.  Still hoping for double axes.  But overall disappointed so far.  Hope there is more I can’t see in that blurry photo:

5 minutes ago, Black Feather said:

Don’t see any shields at all.  The one knight looked yellow in the picture but in the minifigure lineup above looks like LK colors.  Still hoping for double axes.  But overall disappointed so far.  Hope there is more I can’t see in that blurry photo:

Probably some stuff in the shop we can't see anything on the interiors so it will be interesting to see what's inside the buildings.  

48 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

Someone get around to Roebuck's house to stop him killing himself..

🤣 No worries, but I must say I am shocked with the lack of animals😮

Have to say on first glance I prefer the original (Medieval Market Place) – this looks a bit barren with only a goat and chook compared to the original which had a feasting table and stools, two cows and some brick-built animals and a bigger tree.

The tower looks like a tribute to the old guarded inn perhaps which would be a fun call back. Will wait for better pics/reviews before passing final judgement.

Edited by TeufelHund

Looks like two of the peasant torsos at least may be reuse.  The wife from blacksmith and the new grey peasant from LKC.  And if the knight is just another LK and not double axes (like I hope) that would be another reuse.  Two torsos look black but are blocked from sight.  Maybe the bandit is just plain black like the plain blue wizard in LKC.  Hope not.

3 minutes ago, Doddsino said:

Was the picture removed? I'm not finding anything.

I am looking at the legoleaks on Reddit.

8 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

Have to say on first glance I prefer the original (Medieval Market Place) – this looks a bit barren with only a goat and chook compared to the original which had a feasting table and stools, two cows and some brick-built animals and a bigger tree.

I don't have the original, but Rebrickable official pics doesn't even show the interiors of the buildings!  I wonder if the interiors on MTS have more details that MMV pulled out for the box art.  The set up of MTS box is also very deep, so that tree looks small because of perspective.  I think it's at least two stories tall, and the original was about two stories tall (based on pics).  If you move the tree to the center and put the buildings flat against the back, the scale may be more clear.  

A leak of a blurry box art sucks.  Can't tell details like prints, see half the set, and the colors are not well-rendered.  

I'm just disappointed there's no jester included in the set. I know that's such a minor detail but that's honestly such a bummer. This set is definitely being put on the back burner for me. Baradur, D&D  ,bricklink program are being bought before this. Set is pretty gorgeous but I can wait.

To be honest, this is somewhat underwhelming. It's not horrible like the Majisto set, but nothing here is really calling to me to buy this set.

I'm also disappointed with the lack of animals. We already got the goat in the CMF. I'd much rather have something more useful, like a new color on the cow or the return of the white or black horse, which are both expensive now.

It's hard to make out what the minifigures look like. Hopefully there are some good parts there. And maybe there's something exciting inside the buildings.

I was really hoping for something that would stand out to me, like a yellow forestmen hat, a new cow, or something. The buildings are just ok from what I see so far. I've probably just gotten myself too hyped up, as usual. Hopefully there's a lot more we can't see in this photo.

6 minutes ago, Black Feather said:

I am looking at the legoleaks on Reddit.

Thank you!

So the buildings don't look like they're complete. I really hope this isn't a situation where the back wall is missing.

If that is the case, then this is a massive pass.

Soooooo, it's literally the same leak concept buildings without like 85% of the animals teased. Damn, that study was accurate. I just want that new torso. 

I can totally see this entire set having hinges to open up like LKC, due to the symmetry of the set and buildings. Looks weird but I like it. 

I lied, the building on the left of the box looks weird and I can't put my finger on it for some reason

Edited by eldiano

Yeah - looks more like a wait for sale set than a Day 1 buy to me. Given the D&D set is out a month later I might get that instead in the first instance.

Trying hard not to be too disappointed until I see the clear images.  But so far like a bricklink project to me.  Mostly reusing stuff already available.  No new horse.  No new forestman brown hat, torso, or new color feather.  Only one knight that possibly just a LK.  Please let that be a double axe knight.  And some shields hidden in the building.  Something new and cool.

Lots to soak in and I hope we get more higher resolution pics soon. For now, I’m just going to point out a subtle tie-in to LKC: the chair being built on the left is the exact same construction as the chairs in the LKC, but in a raw wood color instead of a darker stain. It seems like that has to be deliberate, as there are uncountable ways to build a chair. 

1 minute ago, SirBlake said:

Lots to soak in and I hope we get more higher resolution pics soon. For now, I’m just going to point out a subtle tie-in to LKC: the chair being built on the left is the exact same construction as the chairs in the LKC, but in a raw wood color instead of a darker stain. It seems like that has to be deliberate, as there are uncountable ways to build a chair. 

They reused a lot of techniques from 10305. It kind of feels like 50% of this set was copied and pasted, such as the good cart, the tower, the tudor houses, and the minifigures.

Why does it look like the wagon wheel is missing a spindle? The closer I look, the more it appears this way to me.

12 minutes ago, Black Feather said:

Trying hard not to be too disappointed until I see the clear images.  But so far like a bricklink project to me.  Mostly reusing stuff already available.  No new horse.  No new forestman brown hat, torso, or new color feather.  Only one knight that possibly just a LK.  Please let that be a double axe knight.  And some shields hidden in the building.  Something new and cool.

The knight is probably LK as you can see the colors on the top of the box, but the kid and lady innkeeper/baker seem to both have new torsos.  Her hood seems different than the green one in LKC, but it could be the angle.  Most of the figures torsos are blocked by arms or capes or too far in the back, but tax collector is probably new with new legs unless it is just Boromir!  

2 minutes ago, jodawill said:

Why does it look like the wagon wheel is missing a spindle? The closer I look, the more it appears this way to me.

Looks like it is missing two.  Count eight on the one on the cart and only six with a big open space on the other.  Weird.

1 minute ago, Mopasali said:

The knight is probably LK as you can see the colors on the top of the box, but the kid and lady innkeeper/baker seem to both have new torsos.  Her hood seems different than the green one in LKC, but it could be the angle.  Most of the figures torsos are blocked by arms or capes or too far in the back, but tax collector is probably new with new legs unless it is just Boromir!  

Definitely LK.  But still hoping it’s a new take on the old double axe version.  Colors would be the same.  Just the print would differ.  Keeping hope as long as I can.

Is there any possible way that wagon wheel is brick built, or did they really waste a new mold on that? I'm so confused.

I guess everyone is a bit disappointed with the small number of animals, but no one talks about the fact that they cut down most of the trees! I can't wait to see the insides of these buildings. If it's even half as good as LKC, I'll be happy. Overall, I'm excited about the new set and I really hope the bandit has the torso of a wolf pack. There have also been rumors of a shield smith, so if they throw in wolf head shields, we can expect a Wolfpack Renegades GWP :)

1 minute ago, jodawill said:

Is there any possible way that wagon wheel is brick built, or did they really waste a new mold on that? I'm so confused.

Man I really hope they didn’t waste budget on a new part that’s a broken wheel.