BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

39 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

One could says the reveal of this set is well keeped if it had not been leaked one year ago ! :pir-grin:

True. But look at how much Snow White's cottage seems to have changed from the prelim leaked image to the final set. It really does feel quite different in terms of style, but also with additional elements added in. Others have released that are really very similar, like the Harry Potter sorting hat. So it could be there is a surprise (or two) waiting for us.

8 hours ago, Torio said:

Any of you interested in the D&D set as well? Can't find a release date on that one. I'm not much for dragons, but the buildings seem pretty cool and could match the MTS. Too bad the price of the D&D set is pretty high.

I really liked the fan model, and medieval buildings in general. So together with the Medieval Town Square this is the model I am looking forward to the most. I just hope they don´t make it to different from the contest entry.

8 hours ago, Torio said:

Is there any news on a castle themed GWP coming soon? Would love to see a remake of wolfpack as a bandit faction for this set.

I haven´t heard of any yet but surely we will get something this year - the question is just when.

17 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

True. But look at how much Snow White's cottage seems to have changed from the prelim leaked image to the final set. It really does feel quite different in terms of style, but also with additional elements added in. Others have released that are really very similar, like the Harry Potter sorting hat. So it could be there is a surprise (or two) waiting for us.

This is nerve-wracking, Wednesday and the reveal can not come fast enough :wacko: I am very happy with the prelim, but this could mean if it is rather different from it the set might be both better and worse *huh*

24 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

This is nerve-wracking, Wednesday and the reveal can not come fast enough :wacko: I am very happy with the prelim, but this could mean if it is rather different from it the set might be both better and worse *huh*

I wouldn´t mind if they would change some of the colours from the buildings, since my biggest issue with the prelims was the colour sheme they used.

2 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I wouldn´t mind if they would change some of the colours from the buildings, since my biggest issue with the prelims was the colour sheme they used.

While the survey leak image may not have the right color correction and even if the same colors are used, they'll look better, I still agree.  I'm a little biased about the blue and tan/yellow combos in MMV and Creator Castle, but red and green is a little Christmas-y.  I'm hoping I have enough bricks to color swap on my own, but what would you prefer?

I'm already preparing to address that by adding a couple more custom buildings in off white/yellow and dull blue.  I don't have the original MMV, but I have other bricks in similar colors and an unbuilt Blacksmith in parts, so I'm going to make a couple more modular buildings in spirit of the original MMV in a more modern style that fits alongside the other Market Square buildings.

20 minutes ago, Mopasali said:

While the survey leak image may not have the right color correction and even if the same colors are used, they'll look better, I still agree.  I'm a little biased about the blue and tan/yellow combos in MMV and Creator Castle, but red and green is a little Christmas-y.  I'm hoping I have enough bricks to color swap on my own, but what would you prefer?

I would have prefered colours like tan, maybe white. I can see why they used red for the Inn since the original guarded in was red too but then also the olive and sand green aren´t colours I would have used for the set.

Well if they keep the leaked colors, there will be all types of shades of green and a huge red building sticking out! 

3 hours ago, Triceron said:

I'm already preparing to address that by adding a couple more custom buildings in off white/yellow and dull blue.  I don't have the original MMV, but I have other bricks in similar colors and an unbuilt Blacksmith in parts, so I'm going to make a couple more modular buildings in spirit of the original MMV in a more modern style that fits alongside the other Market Square buildings.

Same here, I'll probably use the ideas blacksmith to make a scaled down village building from it according to this set, as even next to the  tall walls of Lion Knights it's enormous (blacksmith was still an amazing set tho, just very large next to official castles)

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Same here, I'll probably use the ideas blacksmith to make a scaled down village building from it according to this set, as even next to the  tall walls of Lion Knights it's enormous (blacksmith was still an amazing set tho, just very large next to official castles)

I’m the opposite way inclined and I plan on upscaling the buildings in this set and making them larger to match the Ideas Blacksmith.

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

1 day!! 🥳🐐🐐

Could you not find a ‘one day more’ gif ?

So given we think the set is supposed to be revealed tomorrow, I would have expected to get a teaser video by now. Well, seems like we ain´t getting one for this set.

21 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

So given we think the set is supposed to be revealed tomorrow, I would have expected to get a teaser video by now. Well, seems like we ain´t getting one for this set.

... or it is not being revealed tomorrow!

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Could you not find a ‘one day more’ gif ?

hold-on-for-one-mpre-day-winston-phillip

1 hour ago, Follows Closely said:

That is certainly possible, but considering that it goes on sale in less than a month, some sort of reveal has to be eminent. 

42 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

That seems unlikely to me, since it was said by two different sources (unless Brickclickers source is the first one ofc), also the set will be sold next month, so it would be rather late if we have to wait much longer.

2 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

Definitely possible, but my theory is that it was shown during the Fan media days last year. If so RFLM members has not only seen it, known when it is revealed, when they can publish their review and when it is released. In addition all the employees etc that know about it so a reveal date may have been leaked from somewhere. It's hardly a leak anyway, if it hadn't been for the major survey leak we would have known very little about the set (so far not a single animal is confirmed)..:shrug_oh_well:

It would be a major let down if the set are not revealed tomorrow :hmpf_bad:

14 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

It could be a teaser reveal tomorrow, just to stretch it out even further...

Hopefully not 😅

https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-icons-10332-mittelalterlicher-marktplatz-geruechte/

Do not know if they have a separate source or repeat the rumors, but they seem to think it is this week from what I can understand with the help of Google translate, maybe some German speaking can confirm 🤓

13 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Hopefully not 😅

https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-icons-10332-mittelalterlicher-marktplatz-geruechte/

Do not know if they have a separate source or repeat the rumors, but they seem to think it is this week from what I can understand with the help of Google translate, maybe some German speaking can confirm 🤓

Interestingly, your link has the sale date as March 1 (it had been the odd March 3).  Also March 1 is for insiders?  That doesn't seem right as the preorder would be available for insiders before the release date?

They are less confident than Brickclicker and say this week for the official reveal and pictures (per Google translate), while Brickclicker had said tomorrow (and added on the Discord unless something changes).  Nothing is firm, and Lego may flip reveals of Snow White and MTS because Snow White leaked in full this weekend (and the reboot is a mess).  I'm surprised they are releasing two medieval-style sets the same time at practically the same price point, and the same day as a castle goes up on the Designers Program, which is now coordinated with Lego.  It seems like a similar audience would want all of those?  Especially with D&D coming in April.  

13 minutes ago, Mopasali said:

...It seems like a similar audience would want all of those?  Especially with D&D coming in April.  

We get nothing for years, then boom!

BL19001-1.jpg?20190411010621325-1.jpg910001-1.jpg?20210702093431120-1.jpg?20210113072310305-1.jpg?20211018105540567-1.jpg?20220528020540601-1.jpg?202310070302

And there are so many large castle sets on the horizon, near horizon!

Spoiler

bricklink-mountain-fortress-1.jpgwebp

Edited by Follows Closely

34 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Hopefully not 😅

They don´t state any source there so we don´t know. But they often refer to Brick Clicker as one of their sources so surely he is one of them.

6 minutes ago, Mopasali said:

Interestingly, your link has the sale date as March 1 (it had been the odd March 3).  Also March 1 is for insiders?  That doesn't seem right as the preorder would be available for insiders before the release date?

It isn´t uncommon that Insiders can buy the set earlier than others, they did the same with the Lion Knights Castle or Rivendell. This isn´t a preorder btw, you can actually buy it then.