Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, hikouki said:

How many *most probable* minifig sets are we expecting in 2024? Two?

- Maleficent Dragon

- Snow White cottage

add the rumored Beauty and the Beast ballroom but I can't think of any others unless they decide to throw a minifig in the Micro Atlantica.

Edit: Also forgot we have the Lego Ideas Nightmare Before Christmas coming up hopefully in 2024.

Edited by OttoRiver
addition

7 hours ago, hikouki said:

How many *most probable* minifig sets are we expecting in 2024? Two?

- Maleficent Dragon

- Snow White cottage

I think the Pixar set might also have minifigures. I don't think there has ever been a Pixar minidolls set. 

@PotterBlocks thanks for sharing, I’m glad it’s minidolls, I always think Disney princesses translate a lot better to mini dolls than minifigs. Gothel does look very good but to my eyes it’s doesn’t look like they’ve updated Flynn, which surprises me with the new (worse imo ) faces they’ve given the minidolls. Build wise I think the snuggly duckling pub looks great (minus the slide) but the tower looks lacklustre compared but I’ll wait to give my final verdict until we’ve seen more pictures. I wonder when we’ll get to see mini Ariel’s palace?

7 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

add the rumored Beauty and the Beast ballroom but I can't think of any others unless they decide to throw a minifig in the Micro Atlantica.

Edit: Also forgot we have the Lego Ideas Nightmare Before Christmas coming up hopefully in 2024.

They did not include any fig or dolls on that Agrabah, and I would not be surprised if that were the case with Atlantis.

I would think that for them to do B&B in figs, it would have to be a large set?

7 hours ago, Aramar said:

I think the Pixar set might also have minifigures. I don't think there has ever been a Pixar minidolls set. 

Yes! Hoping that would be the case!

3 hours ago, PotterBlocks said:

Rapunzels Tower revealed. Minidolls (as I’m sure will annoy many)

but I’m happy to finally add Gothel to the roster 

I keep hoping for figs only to be disappointed each time the release pics come out. Sigh.

Hoping there would still be a minifig set for this one day. Gothel would perhaps feature well if they do another Villains set?

9 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

What? There is a rumored Beauty and the Beast? Or are you talking about minidoll set?

3 hours ago, hikouki said:

They did not include any fig or dolls on that Agrabah, and I would not be surprised if that were the case with Atlantis.

I would think that for them to do B&B in figs, it would have to be a large set?

I'm just trying to stay optimistic we get any Animated Little Mermaid figures at some point when we've still got Eric, Human Ariel, and King Triton missing.

As for B&B, I feel like a tasteful diorama would be enough. Belle Beast with Mrs. Potts, Lumiere, Chip and Cogsworth with a well built half a ballroom would be enough for me. Heck, they could do dioramas of sooooo many movies and knock out a bunch of minifigs if they wanted.

13 minutes ago, Lion King said:

What? There is a rumored Beauty and the Beast? Or are you talking about minidoll set?

Part of the Ashnflash diorama set not getting picked for the Ideas competition is that a similar set is being worked on, somewhat helped by the same leak that we would get a Gaston and Belle minifigure that has only half come true so far. Belle could have been scrapped or the conspiracy minded might think they knew which set would win the Ideas competition as Belle is the only new figure in the winning entry.

52 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

I'm just trying to stay optimistic we get any Animated Little Mermaid figures at some point when we've still got Eric, Human Ariel, and King Triton missing.

As for B&B, I feel like a tasteful diorama would be enough. Belle Beast with Mrs. Potts, Lumiere, Chip and Cogsworth with a well built half a ballroom would be enough for me. Heck, they could do dioramas of sooooo many movies and knock out a bunch of minifigs if they wanted.

Part of the Ashnflash diorama set not getting picked for the Ideas competition is that a similar set is being worked on, somewhat helped by the same leak that we would get a Gaston and Belle minifigure that has only half come true so far. Belle could have been scrapped or the conspiracy minded might think they knew which set would win the Ideas competition as Belle is the only new figure in the winning entry.

I am 110% with you on hoping to more Disney minifig sets!!!

I think the Agrabah set was being aimed at both minifig and minidoll fans (and I would not be surprised if the Atlantis were, too). so they left out any fig. There's still that clamshell around and I can imagine Lego tryin to protect its investment on that set and would not make another Triton until after its retirement. I feel it would be a long while before an actual Triton minifig comes to light, but I hope I am wrong. For now, I have just made my own using the Ocean King CMF tail and headpiece + the Batman beach torso.

And yes, it would be great to have small diorama sets with minifigs. But Lego being Lego would protect their minidoll line. Sigh. B&B has been missing for quite some time now. They were in the Brickheadz line a long time ago and has never made an appearance as minifigs. Perhaps on the CMF#4 in a year or two or however many! LOL If they even decide to do that.

There was that big complaint about Sleeping Beauty being in a pink dress in the CMF and not in her original light blue. In my opinion, minifigs are mostly for AFOLs and Lego should make them in the attire and color of the original. They can dress her in pink for the minidolls. Ditto other characters.

Lego likes to make Disney minidoll sets in their own non-classic story plot. Case in point, the new Princess Market set. What happened there? Were their own monarchies overthrown and they ran out of covid money that they are now peddling stuff in the market? LOL!

So the Ariel’s Palace set comes with an Ariel minidoll !! It’s a nice looking set and will please some fans, but another easy pass for me. It’s sad that there’s so much inconsistency. Why not include Jasmine with the Agrabah Palace ? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Ahh well ( again ) on to awaiting the next leak 🙄

Edited by Jarreth2

4 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

So the Ariel’s Palace set comes with an Ariel minidoll !! It’s a nice looking set and will please some fans, but another easy pass for me. It’s sad that there’s so much inconsistency. Why not include Jasmine with the Agrabah Palace ? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Ahh well ( again ) on to awaiting the next leak 🙄

This exactly. The incosistency makes little sense. If these are becoming more of a regular thing then having a minidoll in each would surely only enhance their collectability for children. I could see them stacking up on a child's bedroom shelf. And by including a mindoll they are obviously aiming for the younger market so I don't get it at all.

Welp, looks like my wallet can recover next year.

Do we think this is more Lego or Disney's decision? The Microsets made a lot of sense when they were targeting older kids/adults with the minifigures, then dropped it for Agrabah and are now aiming at younger with the minidolls. Why the pivot in the microbuilds? Also, why such hesitancy to make more minifigure sets? The Disney Idea sets seem to always be best sellers and I would think the sales from last year would show there is a want/demand for them.

7 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

Welp, looks like my wallet can recover next year.

Do we think this is more Lego or Disney's decision? The Microsets made a lot of sense when they were targeting older kids/adults with the minifigures, then dropped it for Agrabah and are now aiming at younger with the minidolls. Why the pivot in the microbuilds? Also, why such hesitancy to make more minifigure sets? The Disney Idea sets seem to always be best sellers and I would think the sales from last year would show there is a want/demand for them.

Those are very existential questions. Only wizard Mickey can perhaps summon the answers.

Someone at Lego and/ or Disney is out of touch with the market out here.

First they leave out the fig and now they replaced it with a minidoll? I think they’re actively trolling us at this point. :laugh:

Not enough phallus in that set design. Totally inaccurate.

The lifestyle photo with it lined up alongside Agrabah and the Disney Castle is hilarious - no figure, Minidoll, Minifigure. Just why.

1 hour ago, Oky said:

First they leave out the fig and now they replaced it with a minidoll? I think they’re actively trolling us at this point. :laugh:

Not to mention the anticlimax when the 2024 sets were announced and they turned out to be Princess ones.

34 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Not enough phallus in that set design. Totally inaccurate.

The lifestyle photo with it lined up alongside Agrabah and the Disney Castle is hilarious - no figure, Minidoll, Minifigure. Just why.

That was my first thought...but I did not want to be the first one to note the missing appendage on these boards. LOL

Poor Little Mermaid franchise... Lego just could not make it right. LOL

Just wanted to say as well that these micro sets are a total missed opportunity. Lego could have made them really appeal to fans. For example if they included the Sultan in Agrabah and left space for the other characters, then it could have been an instant CMF display.  Ditto Atlantis, and they could have just thrown in Triton.

Edited by hikouki

You know Genie Jafar and Gaston make even less sense when you consider we ended up getting no other Aladdin minifigures this year for his to pair with or a Belle or Beast for Gaston. Why not put Mother Gothel and Lady Tremaine in the set to make it iconic Disney Villainesses and go with the 3 Pricness in the castle and Aurora from the CMF?

On 12/3/2023 at 1:49 PM, DragonElves said:

@PotterBlocks thanks for sharing, I’m glad it’s minidolls, I always think Disney princesses translate a lot better to mini dolls than minifigs. Gothel does look very good but to my eyes it’s doesn’t look like they’ve updated Flynn, which surprises me with the new (worse imo ) faces they’ve given the minidolls. Build wise I think the snuggly duckling pub looks great (minus the slide) but the tower looks lacklustre compared but I’ll wait to give my final verdict until we’ve seen more pictures. I wonder when we’ll get to see mini Ariel’s palace?

I agree. I'm thankful to have mini figure and mini doll versions of the princess's, but I have to say they make most sense as dolls. I mean Disney princess in real life get produced as dolls not action figures, so it makes sense their aesthetics translates best to mini dolls not figures. Although I've seen Disney princess dolls with articulation and I think they. look much better than traditional dolls with stiff arms but that's a separate conversation. I will say, I do hope that we continue to get figures in other Disney sets that revisit other films such as Peter Pan, the incredibles, Monsters Inc, Lilo & Stitch, etc.

I would like the rumored Belle's ballroom to have mini figs for us to get a figure version of Belle, but honestly they could save her, Merida and Raya for the fourth Disney  CMF series if they really wanted to. Overall this was the strongest year for Lego Disney but that makes sense with it being the 100th anniversary. Hopefully we get the Disney fairies produced sometime as well.

Brick Clicker just reported that the Snow White Cottage will be coming next year:

43242 - Snow White's Cottage - March 1 2023 - $219.99 USD

Should include Snow White (he said it would probably be the same one from the castle) and seven dwarf minifigs. 

4 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Brick Clicker just reported that the Snow White Cottage will be coming next year:

43242 - Snow White's Cottage - March 1 2023 - $219.99 USD

Should include Snow White (he said it would probably be the same one from the castle) and seven dwarf minifigs. 

You mean 2024, not 2023 :)

Posted (edited)

Buildable Stitch and two encanto sets are on Insta now. Stitch is very good IMO.

Edited by mark1991t

Love the look of that Stitch set, very cute! :wub: Also noteworthy is the new packaging. Looks like minidoll and regular sets now share the same boxart style!

^^ and one of that sets clearly was a 'dots'-set. This should be confirmation they just ditched the 'dots'-branding, not the format as was mentioned in their press-release (via Brickset).

After careful consideration, we have decided to exit the LEGO DOTS theme and integrate tile-based play into other themes within our portfolio.