Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

47 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Exactly haha. Just... hold still, focus, take a few more seconds. 

I bought the previous castle and probably would have gotten this one if the model were an entirely different castle. No sense to me in buying a remake that's about 80% or so the same castle. I will get the figures some other way if I want. I can see a lot of the reviews saying, "If you didn't get the first one, it's definitely worth it... if you did get the first one, there's not enough to justify having this one too." It looks really good, though.

Agreed. It looks good, but not really worth it if you have the original.

Hopefully and I’m sure it will happen eventually that someone will do a side by side comparison. I harped on about there only being 5 minifigures ( yeah I know there were 2 statues but they don't count ) it was a big bug bear of mine. Then this version has only 8 !! Really Lego c’mon we deserve better than this. There’s the rumour of the Avengers tower having 22 .. thats 14 .. yes 14 more !!! 😡 I know Disney obviously has a big say in what’s included too. Whilst it will sell well I think a lot of people might hesitate.

17 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

There’s the rumour of the Avengers tower having 22 .. thats 14 .. yes 14 more !!! 😡 

Most of which will be repeats :tongue: This set has 7 brand-new characters, which is still very impressive!

I was really looking forward to seeing the castle and I'm not convinced with what has been leaked. I don't have space to keep it and if there are only 7 new figures, I might end up just buying the figures alone.

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

LWith the way all the Youtube influencers are raving about current sets, you watch and Lego will soon give us a Belle and Beast in mech form. LOL

Well that's tonight's nightmare sorted. :head_back:

31 minutes ago, Aramar said:

I was really looking forward to seeing the castle and I'm not convinced with what has been leaked. I don't have space to keep it and if there are only 7 new figures, I might end up just buying the figures alone.

I can just imagine what the figs alone will sell for though. It will be one of those you might as well have just buy the whole set scenarios I think. :sadnew:

The exterior is beautiful and prefer it over the previous one. Rapunzel with a new hair down mold would’ve been neat as I feel the braid is not characteristic of her, but it’s nice we finally got her and Flynn :)

I think Belle and beast SHOULD be released somewhere this year, even though the remaining sets wouldn’t make sense for them. 

11 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I can just imagine what the figs alone will sell for though. It will be one of those you might as well have just buy the whole set scenarios I think. :sadnew:

That's my fear. Maybe I might have to accept that I won't be to complete my Disney minifigure collection.

Now that we have both the front and back pictures, I think this new castle is, mostly, an improvement. The outside looks a lot more clean, and I love the green slopes at the bottom as opposed to it being entirely grey. The minifigs are a definite improvement, though I do think most of the princesses could appear in smaller sets over time. The fireworks don't add anything for me, I added a few that looked like that to my mini castle and thought they looked great, but they don't seem to work on a castle this big. I do think I like the ground level interior of the old one better though - that tile floor looked really good, and those statues helped give a lot of life. It should be pretty easy to add those in though! I also was really hoping for Belle and the Beast, but I feel like Disney will release them sooner rather than later now that we have Gaston.

Aside from the flesh color I like the way the front of this castle looks much better than the original one.  With all the other expensive sets I'm interested in I don't know if I'll be getting this one but it will remain on my wishlist for now.  I know the flesh tone matches the way the castle is currently painted but I much preferred the gray it was painted previously.  Have to see better pictures & descriptions of the interior to decide if I really want to spend the money on this remake just for the figures.  Not going to spend a couple 100 dollars just on the figures alone.

44 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Now that we have both the front and back pictures, I think this new castle is, mostly, an improvement. The outside looks a lot more clean, and I love the green slopes at the bottom as opposed to it being entirely grey.The minifigs are a definite improvement, though I do think most of the princesses could appear in smaller sets over time. The fireworks don't add anything for me, I added a few that looked like that to my mini castle and thought they looked great, but they don't seem to work on a castle this big. I do think I like the ground level interior of the old one better though - that tile floor looked really good, and those statues helped give a lot of life. It should be pretty easy to add those in though! I also was really hoping for Belle and the Beast, but I feel like Disney will release them sooner rather than later now that we have Gaston.

I do agree that the facade is the biggest improvement. The walls and pillars at the front appear to be a more 'clean' build. I like the new colors as well.

I feel like the interiors are a bit lacking, and suffer the most. The great hall/ entryway is not as grand, and as someone pointed out, could have been improved with just some printed tiles. (Tsk, tsk, Rivendell...). I probably would have preferred if each prince/ princess couple had their own section for a vignette 

The fireworks looked really good on a previous CNY set. It looked more 'alive' perhaps because of the size proportions. The two fireworks here do not do anything! It actually makes it look like that Disney ran out of money for fireworks! LOL

As per Brick Clicker, Tiana is a slightly different print. So technically exclusive minifig, but not an exclusive character. I really, really would like to see Belle and Beast (B&B) this year!!! As much as Gaston has made his appearance, I would point out that Maleficent was by herself for YEARS before we started getting these new minifigs. B&B, as well as Merida, have been on Brickheadz but has so far not appeared in any minifig set. Perhaps that would be the end of it, until Lego decides to make the next CMF years from now, or who knows???

I really really really feel strongly that Lego should have released the Sleeping Beauty castle instead as a limited edition anniversary run this year, then replaced it with this remake. I feel like people who had the previous version would have bought this if it were several years down the road, and with more improvements. As someone pointed out, it seems 80% the same as the last one. Who knows if we will ever see the Sleeping Beauty castle. Sad.

Edited by hikouki

It's pretty but the original still looked better and this one isn't worth the price if you have the original. 

Also kind in mind that a user previously leaked that Belle and Gaston would get minifigures. We had Gaston confirmed after so that means we will still get Belle in another set. Beast was never mentioned which in hindsight should have been an indicator that they wouldn't be included as a couple in this set.

I'm wondering if this means that there will be a heroes counterpart to the villain set after all. Just like Gaston was the only new character in that set, perhaps a heroes set will feature new versions of existing characters plus Belle. 

20 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

It's pretty but the original still looked better and this one isn't worth the price if you have the original. 

Also kind in mind that a user previously leaked that Belle and Gaston would get minifigures. We had Gaston confirmed after so that means we will still get Belle in another set. Beast was never mentioned which in hindsight should have been an indicator that they wouldn't be included as a couple in this set.

I'm wondering if this means that there will be a heroes counterpart to the villain set after all. Just like Gaston was the only new character in that set, perhaps a heroes set will feature new versions of existing characters plus Belle. 

Thinking about it this way, it is possible the counterpart to the Villains Icons is in fact a Princess Icons with Princess minifigs to match their villains?

Snow White in her rags, Jasmine in her Red outfit, Belle in her peasant dress, Aurora in her peasant outfit?

The castle looks nice but just no reason for me to pick it up since I own the 2016 version. I'm sure I'll get it at some point and the minifigures are great, but it's a pass for now. I just wish all the princesses were a lot easier to collect instead of being spread across multiple minifigures series and sets over several years. :/

8 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

Thinking about it this way, it is possible the counterpart to the Villains Icons is in fact a Princess Icons with Princess minifigs to match their villains?

Snow White in her rags, Jasmine in her Red outfit, Belle in her peasant dress, Aurora in her peasant outfit?

I certainly would get a princess set the way you described it! But I also think that Lego might want to balance out a counterpart set by gender the way the villains set has two female villains and two male villains. Perhaps Aladdin as Prince Ali, Prince Phillip, or Dopey or one of the other dwarfs would be used instead to include some male characters. If they aren't sticking to the same movies from the villains set, they could even go with Prince Eric or Quasimodo.

For your idea, other options could also be Belle in her gold ballgown (especially if this is the only minifigure we'll be getting of her), Aurora in blue, and Jasmine in purple. I know Disney doesn't like to make Slave Leia merchandise which makes me wonder if they're comfortable making Slave Jasmine merchandise because it's been several years since they have.

Someone just posted a side by side comparison of the old and new sets on IG.

The new set looks much more clean and simplistic from the front. I could go either way, although I like the colors on the new one.

The main hall at the back looks bit more expansive on the new set, but it seems all other rooms are a bit tighter. The old one is really cute with all its references to the tales. But the new one seems to focus on having a ball area for the minifigs.

It would be sad if we don't get Beast...

I’ve just had a thought ( yes it happens from time to time ) remember the “silencio” box in Diagon Alley .. what if .. and it’s a big IF .. there’s an extra box in the new Castle perhaps with Belle and Beast ?? I think I’m just clutching at straws but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, Jarreth2 said:

I’ve just had a thought ( yes it happens from time to time ) remember the “silencio” box in Diagon Alley .. what if .. and it’s a big IF .. there’s an extra box in the new Castle perhaps with Belle and Beast ?? I think I’m just clutching at straws but 🤷🏻‍♂️

The great hall appears to have a "mural"... I wondered if it were Belle on one side then Beast...

5 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I've been pondering that too. Given what figures from large new sets have gone for in the past, it may be worth getting and selling the figures to be left with a lot of very useful bricks to build things with.

2 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

I wondered that too. But I agree that it's likely wishful thinking.

4 hours ago, hikouki said:

As per Brick Clicker, Tiana is a slightly different print

where did he say this? did he specify and differences

It's hard to tell from the blurry pics but is Rapunzel's braid the same mid-length braid she has as a minidoll? I never understood why they used that piece since Rapunzel is known for her long hair and I always figured a proper minifigure would give her a long hairpiece or long braid but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Soooooo, it is a bitttt surprising that it’s a Disney100 branded box…

IMO, that’s an indicator it won’t be around more than 1-2 years?? I can’t imagine they keep the Disney100 branding for more than 2 years? I was on the fence about buying soon after release but may do so just to be safe.

Edited by DisneyLego

The new castle is nice, but not nice enough to buy again.

However, IF someone modded it into Sleeping Beauty’s Castle / Disneyland Castle I could perhaps be convinced.

2 hours ago, Surge said:

where did he say this? did he specify and differences

On his latest video today, fast forward to around time stamp 0:47.

He did say "...looks a little bit different..."

But yes, hard to tell from the blurry pics.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

It's hard to tell from the blurry pics but is Rapunzel's braid the same mid-length braid she has as a minidoll? I never understood why they used that piece since Rapunzel is known for her long hair and I always figured a proper minifigure would give her a long hairpiece or long braid but that doesn't seem to be the case.

They could have provided a separate hair piece with a long braid.

In this case, there would be no tower to drop her hair from... I suppose Disney was thinking that the other minifigs might trip on her long hair on that ballroom floor. LOL

1 hour ago, DisneyLego said:

Soooooo, it is a bitttt surprising that it’s a Disney100 branded box…

IMO, that’s an indicator it won’t be around more than 1-2 years?? I can’t imagine they keep the Disney100 branding for more than 2 years? I was on the fence about buying soon after release but may do so just to be safe.

Good point!

Has Lego ever had a history of selling the same set but in a different box? Perhaps from the City line?

Disney Castle looks good, but such a disappointment to me.  I'm so against this remake.   And how the hell do they not have a Mickey and Minnie minifigure included in a Castle set?