Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Of all the Disney related projects in the works, nothing to me is more intriguing than the Summer set 43222 D2C.  Do we have any more news on what it might be?

1.  Disneyland Castle - makes sense for the 100, but the last D2C park set was Disneyland themed (and Disney World has larger appeal).  Also doesn't make sense that it would have a higher piece count than the Disney World castle.
2.  Main Street set - makes a ton of sense for those who already own the castle and train.  It could be like the diagon alley set.  Doesn't make sense given so many existing buildings serve "kinda" the same purpose.
3.  Monorail - Disney fans and non-Disney fans alike would go NUTS over this, but for whatever reason I just can't see it happening
4.  Microscale park - There was a popular one on LEGO ideas previously, but it seems more likely they would do something in minifig scale to coincide with the CMF release (like they did the past two times)
5.  Haunted Mansion - people went nuts over the IDEAS haunted mansion, but it sure seems similar to the haunted house set they already have
6.  Space Mountain - having an attraction would complement the other two sets, but this one seems too boring to garner a lot of interest.  Would they actually include some track on the inside?  Doesn't seem likely.

What are you hoping for?

What do you think it will be?

What have you heard?

On 3/11/2023 at 4:00 PM, Agent Kallus said:

No, it's a great movie why tarnish it. Animation isn't just some subpar equivalent that needs updating. Disney wastes enough money on god awful remakes.

Because they are making remakes anyways, so why not Up which I think would benefit from being live action. I love the Aladdin cartoon, having a terrible live action movie doesn't take away from the cartoon version.

2 hours ago, MouseMakerStudio said:

What are you hoping for?

What have you heard?

I would honestly be utterly delighted with any reasonably well-designed theme park related set. Sleeping Beauty Castle would of course be ideal for me, since I love the detailing on the existing Disney Castle but would prefer the one from my "home park" so to speak. A higher piece count might mean more accurate scaling (the Disney Castle should be about twice as large in order to be properly in scale with minifigs) or it might mean that some more of the immediate grounds are included in the build, either the Plaza Hub out front (with the "Partners" statue) or the courtyard behind it (with Fantasyland ride entrances).

A full-sized Haunted Mansion would also be excellent, and might even be likely given the upcoming movie.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

Because they are making remakes anyways, so why not Up which I think would benefit from being live action. I love the Aladdin cartoon, having a terrible live action movie doesn't take away from the cartoon version.

Okay, I'll bite: How do you think being live-action would improve Up?

6 hours ago, MouseMakerStudio said:

Of all the Disney related projects in the works, nothing to me is more intriguing than the Summer set 43222 D2C.  Do we have any more news on what it might be?

1.  Disneyland Castle - makes sense for the 100, but the last D2C park set was Disneyland themed (and Disney World has larger appeal).  Also doesn't make sense that it would have a higher piece count than the Disney World castle.
2.  Main Street set - makes a ton of sense for those who already own the castle and train.  It could be like the diagon alley set.  Doesn't make sense given so many existing buildings serve "kinda" the same purpose.
3.  Monorail - Disney fans and non-Disney fans alike would go NUTS over this, but for whatever reason I just can't see it happening
4.  Microscale park - There was a popular one on LEGO ideas previously, but it seems more likely they would do something in minifig scale to coincide with the CMF release (like they did the past two times)
5.  Haunted Mansion - people went nuts over the IDEAS haunted mansion, but it sure seems similar to the haunted house set they already have
6.  Space Mountain - having an attraction would complement the other two sets, but this one seems too boring to garner a lot of interest.  Would they actually include some track on the inside?  Doesn't seem likely.

What are you hoping for?

What have you heard?

Really, really, really hoping for the Sleeping Beauty Castle!

3 hours ago, Karalora said:

I would honestly be utterly delighted with any reasonably well-designed theme park related set. Sleeping Beauty Castle would of course be ideal for me, since I love the detailing on the existing Disney Castle but would prefer the one from my "home park" so to speak. A higher piece count might mean more accurate scaling (the Disney Castle should be about twice as large in order to be properly in scale with minifigs) or it might mean that some more of the immediate grounds are included in the build, either the Plaza Hub out front (with the "Partners" statue) or the courtyard behind it (with Fantasyland ride entrances).

A full-sized Haunted Mansion would also be excellent, and might even be likely given the upcoming movie.

Okay, I'll bite: How do you think being live-action would improve Up?

Exactly! It could come with extras like the bridge, "moat", or park with the sculpture? Or even a vehicle or parade float?

On 3/13/2023 at 7:23 AM, MouseMakerStudio said:

Space Mountain - having an attraction would complement the other two sets, but this one seems too boring to garner a lot of interest.  Would they actually include some track on the inside?  Doesn't seem likely.

We are supposedly getting a Space-themed coaster in he Creator line this Summer, so even less likely (but I'm treating that set as Space Mountain no matter what!). May be another reason against Main Street - Creator line is getting one this Summer too.  Although Lego has said they don't want similar sets on sale at the same time (nixed Newspaper HQ in modular line because Marvel's Daily Bugle), I'm not sure that's very true, as we've had Disney castles and Medieval castles at the same time, City and Friends grocery stores, ....

On 3/13/2023 at 10:22 AM, Karalora said:

We have a micro version from Disneyland, but yeah Disneyworld's would be amazing.  Anyone know which is featured on the movie?

Personally, I would love Disneyworld's Tower of Terror, even if it's less loved and too similar to the Haunted House with falling elevator.  But it seems fitting for Disney 100 because the era of the ride is Hollywood's golden age and close to Disney's founding date.

Curious how fans would react to it's a Small World model.  An awesome collection of Minifigures for sure!  And Lego hasn't pioneered music with it's sets yet....

27 minutes ago, Mopasali said:

Curious how fans would react to it's a Small World model.  An awesome collection of Minifigures for sure!  And Lego hasn't pioneered music with it's sets yet....

just no. If it turns out to be a small world after all, I vote to tie you to a chair with headphones placed on your head. Into those headphones will be played it's Small world at a volume and speed guaranteed to break your mind into twenty thousand pieces. Rinse and repeat until we reach the desired effect. :sarcasm:

2 hours ago, Mopasali said:

We have a micro version from Disneyland, but yeah Disneyworld's would be amazing.  Anyone know which is featured on the movie?

If I'm remembering the trailer that dropped the other day correctly, it takes its aesthetic cues from the Anaheim building facade. The WDW version would make a lovely set too of course, but I think its specific architecture is not nearly as iconic.

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

just no. If it turns out to be a small world after all, I vote to tie you to a chair with headphones placed on your head. Into those headphones will be played it's Small world at a volume and speed guaranteed to break your mind into twenty thousand pieces. Rinse and repeat until we reach the desired effect. :sarcasm:

Such curmudgeonly slander against a delightful and whimsical ride! Seriously, "it's a small world" (the lowercase letters and quote marks are part of the spelling) and its associated theme song have to be the most unfairly maligned things Disney has ever produced.

On 3/14/2023 at 7:19 AM, hikouki said:

Really, really, really hoping for the Sleeping Beauty Castle!

Same here! It’s gotta be done at some point. The timing could be good IF they’re releasing the rumoured Maleficent dragon set. 

I feel like Lego should have been releasing one or two sets each month for the whole 100th celebrations. Just to really make it feel festive. Lol

19 hours ago, Karalora said:

If I'm remembering the trailer that dropped the other day correctly, it takes its aesthetic cues from the Anaheim building facade

Yup. it's set to be very southern gothic as opposed to World's northeastern gothic revival.

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Nobody knows yet. Not buying it if it doesn’t :tongue:

If it's 18+ it's likely to be figures though right? 

Considering that The Little Mermaid remake comes out in May as well, part of me hopes that this new set is based on the remake so we can get a minifigure for Halle's Ariel. We already have animated Ariel from the first Disney CMF series so it would be really cool to have both!

33 minutes ago, EdWebhead said:

Considering that The Little Mermaid remake comes out in May as well, part of me hopes that this new set is based on the remake so we can get a minifigure for Halle's Ariel. We already have animated Ariel from the first Disney CMF series so it would be really cool to have both!

There a minifigure artist .. Danny Breton on Instagram .. he made his own version of Halle’s Ariel, the new mermaid tail piece definitely lends itself well to the new version of Ariel. Gotta admit I don’t particularly like Flounder, but it’s based on live action.

I’ve tried to post a link here but keep getting error messages. 

Search Insta for @danny.breton 👍🏼

57 minutes ago, EdWebhead said:

I mean, the Peter Pan remake got a set, so it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

Edited by strangely

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Nobody knows yet. Not buying it if it doesn’t :tongue:

6 hours ago, PotterBlocks said:

I am not buying it as well if it turns out to be a minidoll set.

If it turns out to be minidolls, why would Lego force upon the minidolls to 18+ people??? People on this forum either hate them or don't particularly care about them. Then release the set with minidolls? There is that Ice Castle (14+) precedent so I am really curious if Lego will push it upon 18+ fans. The previous Castle btw, was labeled 16+.

Is it still possible that the other remaining large set for this year be a Sleeping Beauty Castle???

Edited by hikouki

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Is it still possible that the other remaining large set for this year be a Sleeping Beauty Castle???

Fingers crossed! But, two castles … I’m not sure Lego would do that, even though they’re radically different designs. 

Unpopular opinion, but I hope 43222 is not a Disneyland castle.  For someone building out a MOC based on the previous two sets this creates a conundrum:

1.  Higher piece count than the Disney World castle for what should be a smaller castle
2.  The castle being better than the Disney World version (but you want to keep your display Disney World centric)

Personally, I would much rather this set be something that can expand upon what they have already introduced, thus increasing the value of our previous investments.  Personally for me, I would love a Main Street set similar to the Diagon Alley.  They could even do one side Disneyland and the other side Disney World (making a logical connection between the Disney World castle and the Disneyland Train Station.

Aside from that the set that would make everyone happy is the monorail.  Fans of both parks would be thrilled, and non-Disney fans would be psyched to include in their LEGO City MOC's.

On 3/11/2023 at 11:43 AM, Maple said:

Disney needs to make a live action version of 'Up'. I think that would be an amazing movie to remake.

Nonsense…

A Main Street--or at least a small section of it--would be lovely, especially if it included the antique vehicles that operate in that area. It doesn't seem very likely, however, because of the lower appeal to children compared to a fairy tale castle or electric train.