Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

The survey listed a 2388-piece count. Nothing on this list comes close to that piece count.

Hhm okay then it's so long ago now I can only remember pictures. Either they trimmed it a bit or there's another large set. Maybe that rumoured Knight Bus?

5 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

The survey listed a 2388-piece count. Nothing on this list comes close to that piece count.

The survey, if I remember well, had the porpuse to match supposed sets to prices customers would have been willing to pay. Maybe, looking at survey results, they had to reduce price and so even pieces.

10 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

The survey, if I remember well, had the purpose to match supposed sets to prices customers would have been willing to pay. Maybe, looking at survey results, they had to reduce price and so even pieces.

Yeah, that's a possibility.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Let the speculation begin. :excited:

I need time to collect ideas :laugh:. For now I will say

Lego Harry Potter 76433 - 579 Pieces - $69.99 Hog's Head

Lego Harry Potter 76435 - 1732 Pieces - $199.99 Survey Burrow with less pieces? This year there wasn't a supposed Knight Bus voice?

Lego Harry Potter 76440 - 1229 Pieces - $139.99 It's likely the new main castle section. I would say Hogwarts Great Hall and Grand Staicase Tower.

2 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

I need time to collect ideas :laugh:. For now I will say

Lego Harry Potter 76433 - 579 Pieces - $69.99 Hog's Head

Wasn’t 76433 supposedly a buildable mandrake? The rumors from a little while back said 576 pieces and a $64.99 price tag, but that’s close enough to this list that it might be accurate. 

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

Wasn’t 76433 supposedly a buildable mandrake?

Thanks so much, I don't even remember that info :snicker::snicker::snicker:

I guess the $140 set is a new Great Hall and the $90 one another Hogwarts extension :classic: The $200 one is too cheap to be the Burrow… Maybe the Knight Bus that was initially rumoured for this year?

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Everyone’s speculating about a new Great Hall set, but so far I haven’t found anything suggesting that the Chamber of Secrets set will be retiring anytime soon. I realize that it’s kinda the grand centerpiece of and castle system, but would lego really overlap them like that? If they do, then there’s no way that the new Great Hall would have the Chamber under it as well. 

3 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Everyone’s speculating about a new Great Hall set, but so far I haven’t found anything suggesting that the Chamber of Secrets set will be retiring anytime soon. I realize that it’s kinda the grand centerpiece of and castle system, but would lego really overlap them like that? If they do, then there’s no way that the new Great Hall would have the Chamber under it as well. 

It was on the 2023 retiring list, but has since been moved to end of 2024. All information isn't set in stone of course, but it does suggest there will be a replacement coming. The fact that two Great Hall sets might be on the shelves for around 6 months wouldn't preclude it happening as the theme has had many crossovers in that respect already.

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It was on the 2023 retiring list, but has since been moved to end of 2024. All information isn't set in stone of course, but it does suggest there will be a replacement coming. The fact that two Great Hall sets might be on the shelves for around 6 months wouldn't preclude it happening as the theme has had many crossovers in that respect already.

True enough I guess. Especially since it won’t be paired with the Chamber of Secrets again - that should be different enough to sell while the old set is still on shelves (doubly so since the 2021 set uses the Chamber for its name and any upcoming one would probably be something like ‘Hogwarts Great Hall: [allusion to specific scene]’). 

Since it’s pretty likely we’ll see a Great Hall, I’m curious to know what scene everyone thinks will be represented? We’ve already seen the sorting in 2018 and a weak representation of the Dueling Club combined with breakfast in the 2021 version bundled with the Chamber of Secrets, and there are multiple reasons why I don’t see Lego repeating either configuration. 

Personally I think a Halloween theme could work - the whole “Troll in the dungeon!” bit from the first movie. And that would allow them to put challenges like the winged key room and chessboard underneath in the subterranean level we’re all hoping for. 

35 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

If they do, then there’s no way that the new Great Hall would have the Chamber under it as well.

I don't see LEGO making a new Chamber of Secrets... if, as it appears likely, the new Hogwarts model will have an underground section, I think it will be something different from Chambers of Secrets.

35 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Everyone’s speculating about a new Great Hall set

Speculations on Great Hall, I think, are based on LEGO reclaming of "an upcoming series of modular sets that connect to create the most detailed LEGO® brick-built Hogwarts™ Castle scene ever". A Hogwarts Castle scene will have, of course, the Great Hall, so it would be logical to have a new Great Hall to start with. In 2018 we had a Great Hall and in 2021 the new 3-year wave had a new Great Hall (with Chamber of Secrets).

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

Personally I think a Halloween theme could work - the whole “Troll in the dungeon!” bit from the first movie. And that would allow them to put challenges like the winged key room and chessboard underneath in the subterranean level we’re all hoping for. 

Halloween theme would be a very good idea. And I agree with the underground section dedicated to Philosopher Stone challenges (winged keys, chess, final challenge with Quirrell); I would also consider a new Snape class for the undeground section.

Edited by BrickMatit

40 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

I would also consider a new Snape class for the undeground section.

Very true, but if Lago does decide to do an extensive underground level like people are speculating, then Snape’s classroom and office can be paired thematically with plenty of different things spanning multiple movies - the Sorcerer’s Stone protections not so much. 

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year, and can cross off some more things from their wanted lists from this theme! It's always so exciting to speculate about, and then get to know about, the years new sets - so what a great day to get set numbers and prices! :moar:

My answers to krimimimi's list are: my favourite three sets fof 2023 were Gringotts (which I have still yet to build!), Hogwarts Express & Hogsmeade Station and The Black Lake; and I was very happy to see them finally give us Gringotts and some DH sets and a return to minifig-scale Advent Calendar builds! :wub:

Edited by NostalgicBricks

15 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

According to 1414falconfan in a reaction on a comment on his instapost, the € 200,- isn't the leaked Burrow.

Yeah, that wouldn’t have made any sense. The Burrow must be at least €250 if not 300 :laugh: 

Glad to have it confirmed, which means we don’t have many sets from the survey leak that are still unaccounted for! I think that leaves us with the Maleficent dragon, Donald Duck, Deku Tree, and Jabba’s Sailbarge as the only remaining unconfirmed ones. Hope they all make it!

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

It’s possible that a new Great Hall would include the Grand staircase Tower, like the 2018 set. This time it would be nice to use the pieces saved from not having the Chamber of Secrets to have an extra large, extra detailed tower. No sets have ever done the Great Staircase Tower justice and its such an iconic part of the Hogwarts silhouette. 

I would guess either the 139,99 or the 199,99 Set will be the Great Hall with whatever it comes. If it includes the Chambers of Secrets again, with a more detailed aproach than the last wave that could aswell be top price-set - the other one could maybe be the Durmstrang Ship then? In the end it can really be anything lol.

Anyways, other guesses:

• Grand Staircase Tower (69,99? - seems a bit high, but then again we have no idea what will be in there - but the lower prices seem to low for it, so I will go with that one)
  • I would have guessed for the Troll from the first scene, but same problem there, can´t really find any set that looks to be the right price range (considering the pieces inclused)
  • Another Shop from Diagon Alley? Olivanders for instance?
  • If we get the Knight Bus that one could be the 89,99 one (but could aswell be 69,99)

If they gatekeep the Great Hall behind a $200 dollar buy in, especially from the outset, I think the new castle is going to be a non-starter for a lot of people. One of the things that helped the massive 2021+ modular version was that most of the sets were in the $50 - 80 range (the two outliers were $20 and $150, and iirc, it started out less), which meant people were more likely to stretch for a set they might not have otherwise bought to have a complete castle. By and large, they were manageable steps. Plus CoS is still on the shelves, which would cannibalise potential sales.

If it really does belong to the castle, I wonder if they could do something like a Bell Tower, greenhouse & bridge set, though, which would feel more optional, and still be able to fit the 2021+ castle, too, with minimal tweaks. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, krimimimi said:

If they gatekeep the Great Hall behind a $200 dollar buy in, especially from the outset, I think the new castle is going to be a non-starter for a lot of people.

Well, a $200 dollar playset Great Hall, not as a stand-alone set, but as part of a bigger scenery would be, imho, a very strange decision (and a very greedy one :laugh:)... risking to decrease not only the Great Hall sets bought, but probably also of a lot of other sets part of the Hogwarts Castle scene; in my opinion, completism push would be lesser for a persone if he already knows that he won't buy probably the biggest location of the scene. And it would been a decision I wouldn't like from LEGO.

Edited by BrickMatit

Posted (edited)

Yeah, a new Great Hall being a $200 set wouldn’t be a great idea. A bit too pricey for the centerpiece of a modular system. A $140 one would suffice :laugh:

Whatever they do, I’m hopeful for the remaining teachers and house ghosts to be featured! Not many options left though :grin:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I agree that a $200 Great Hall wouldn’t do well - which is why I imagine that the Great Hall/flagship set of the new castle system is the $140 76440. Chamber of Secrets currently retails at $150, so that makes a lot more sense. 

As for the $200 76435 - I’m surprised nobody has brought up the microscale Hogwarts Castle from last year (happy 2024 btw). The price per part ratio obviously doesn’t scream microscale, but the price tag does seem appropriate for a stand alone 18+ set. 

I think it’s unlikely but possible Lego may start this new line with the astronomy tower or the clock tower as the first big castle set since both of those are off the market. Might be worth considering. At the same time this Hogwarts line is aimed at a slightly different market than the 2021 sets and considering the great hall was only a small part of the 2021 set, I don’t think it would be a huge deal to have both on the shelves at the same time. 

When it comes to the great hall I agree that it shouldn’t be more than $150. Ideally for me we’d get the Great Hall, courtyard (if it can get 2 sets in the last system it can get one here), and the staircase tower as their own separate sets all on top of 6-8 bricks of rocks. The problem would be that the Great Hall wouldn’t look great 6-8 bricks up in the air with a missing courtyard. I think it would be fine if the set photos were just angles from the other side (with the large window) but I can see LEGO wanting to have those doors be a feature on the front of the box. I guess the solution would be to either try to fit the Great Hall and courtyard in the same set again or ditch the rocks, which I really hope doesn’t happen. 

27 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I think it’s unlikely but possible Lego may start this new line with the astronomy tower or the clock tower as the first big castle set since both of those are off the market. Might be worth considering. At the same time this Hogwarts line is aimed at a slightly different market than the 2021 sets and considering the great hall was only a small part of the 2021 set, I don’t think it would be a huge deal to have both on the shelves at the same time. 

When it comes to the great hall I agree that it shouldn’t be more than $150. Ideally for me we’d get the Great Hall, courtyard (if it can get 2 sets in the last system it can get one here), and the staircase tower as their own separate sets all on top of 6-8 bricks of rocks. The problem would be that the Great Hall wouldn’t look great 6-8 bricks up in the air with a missing courtyard. I think it would be fine if the set photos were just angles from the other side (with the large window) but I can see LEGO wanting to have those doors be a feature on the front of the box. I guess the solution would be to either try to fit the Great Hall and courtyard in the same set again or ditch the rocks, which I really hope doesn’t happen. 

If this is meant to be the most complex and detailed version of Hogwarts yet it'd be interesting to see the designers try to tackle the Clocktower, the courtyard in front of it and the wooden bridge - they've just done one Hogwarts set that can function as a bridge and I think the wooden bridge is the most iconic part of Hogwarts that hasn't yet appeared in a set, followed only by the Bell Towers

I would be fine with a $200 Great Hall so long as it includes the courtyard, kitchens, Filch's office and the walkway around the tower.

Posted (edited)

Just out of curiosity, I've searched for every Wizarding World - Rumors and Discussions threads since 2018 to see how many replies and views there were:

- 2018 8377 replies and 1154751 views

- 2019 6171 replies and 812533 views

- 2020 18542 replies and 1993818 views

- 2021 11343 replies and 1304625 views

- 2022 4166 replies and 560481 views

- 2023 3123 replies and 375691 views

There are, I imagine, a lot of variables influencing the number of replies and views and I think that COVID is a very important reason behind the 2020 numbers, but it's interesting to see that 2023 was less appealing, at least for people on Eurobricks, than any other year.

From your noob statistician it's all :laugh:

Edited by BrickMatit