Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I think we get this and the return of the goat :tongue:

Sound like a really expensive HP year *huh*
I hope the bank fit with rest of the street, but for that price I think it is unlikely :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

I think a PoA Expecto Patronum lesson, perhaps with a chance to see Snape take over the class (page 394!) giving us an excuse to see him somewhere in this wave.

I heavily doubt it'll be this or the DH2 scene. Up to now every set that features any Hogwarts expansion has had "Hogwarts" in the set name, it'd be really strange to change that now. My money's on a diorama of the lake scene from PoA, that's the only scene where the actual phrase "Expecto Patronum" is iconic enough to the scene to be the title of the set.

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

That was uhm, a scarily accurate prediction xD

Agreed, I only wish they where 100% right and we got the ship too 🤣

40 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I heavily doubt it'll be this or the DH2 scene. Up to now every set that features any Hogwarts expansion has had "Hogwarts" in the set name, it'd be really strange to change that now. My money's on a diorama of the lake scene from PoA, that's the only scene where the actual phrase "Expecto Patronum" is iconic enough to the scene to be the title of the set.

Please correct me if I have this wrong, but I thought none of the new set names promobricks listed have the format we've seen lately (Hogwarts™ Courtyard: Sirius’s Rescue), so I assume they're not 100% officially correct, but more a shortened form. Alternatively, I can't believe none of these sets are a castle extension. By the same token, not that a diorama is out of the question, but "Sirius’s Rescue" didn't sound like it would necessarily be the name of a courtyard either. Again, "Expecto Patronum" or "Battle of Hogwarts" could be dioramas, but I'm also not ruling out castles and still more castle sets.

Edited by krimimimi

Hear me out... 

So the RoR has the Diadem, Gringotts could have the cup, Dobby could have the Diary as an accessory, Harry is in most sets, Nagini could be in the final battle, if Expecto is based on the Forest of Dean, that could have the locket, and they could put the ring into another set, and there will be all Horcruxes in one year. Plus, if we have the invisibility cloak for Harry's disguise in Gringotts, the resurrection stone in the final battle somewhere, and the Elder Wand for Voldemort in that same set, we get all Deathly Hallows as well... Just speculation, but it's an idea...

I'm most excited for The Battle of Hogwarts!

Expecto Patronum: This could be Lupin's classroom, Aberforth, or Forest of Dean. Most likely Aberforth to go along with BoH and RoR.

Bummed we are not getting a new Quidditch set, but excited to see what the polybag and the trunk contain. It's really hit or miss with these two. I would love the polybag to be Ron in his Keeper outfit (as someone suggested) and possibly McLaggen to recreate the Battle for Keeper. For the Quidditch Trunk, if it contains all 4 houses Quidditch jumpers, it could be a cheaper way to get them than the banners. One of the remaining sets could be a Quidditch pitch and the trunk and polybag would be act as team building and parts. Additionally, I'm interested to see if the Brickheadz students will be in house robes or Quidditch robes/jumpers. There seems to be a Quidditch theme going on as well as DH.

Advent Calendar: Christmas at Grimmauld Place (fingers crossed)

It's cool that Dobby and his sock is actually happening :excited: He could look cute or creepy and I'm excited to see which way it goes.

Personally not interested in the Knight Bus as I have one and don't really display or play with it, so I feel it's not for me.

Gringotts: I have the Gringotts from 2011, so I don't see myself buying another one. I'm not interested in the track system or the buildable Ironbelly Dragon and for $430, I'm okay with passing. What I am interested in is the Vault Promo! I would love to have Bellatrix's vault as a stand-alone set! Hopefully the Hufflepuff cup has printing. Unfortunately, it will most likely be the promo with purchase of Gringotts rather than yearly HP promo, which means it will be marked up a lot on aftermarket. 

For the 2 remaining sets: Could be the Durmstang Ship, 3rd task/maze, Quidditch Set, Bill/Fleur Wedding, Malfoy Manor

46 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Hear me out... 

So the RoR has the Diadem, Gringotts could have the cup, Dobby could have the Diary as an accessory, Harry is in most sets, Nagini could be in the final battle, if Expecto is based on the Forest of Dean, that could have the locket, and they could put the ring into another set, and there will be all Horcruxes in one year. Plus, if we have the invisibility cloak for Harry's disguise in Gringotts, the resurrection stone in the final battle somewhere, and the Elder Wand for Voldemort in that same set, we get all Deathly Hallows as well... Just speculation, but it's an idea...

I love this idea!

I’ve seen a lot of people speculating about the Expecto Patronum set being based on this or that scene, so I feel the need to remind us all that 76414 is the set with a particularly high piece count for its price. We are very likely going to be seeing some sort of brick built patronus - whether it’s another kinetic sculpture somehow or Harry Potter is finally getting scene dioramas like Star Wars and Jurassic Park have (which admittedly is slightly overdue and something we’ve been skirting the line with Diagon Alley and the Collectors Edition Hogwarts Express). 

It’s also exciting to see both the Quidditch Trunk set and a Quidditch Practice polybag. We might finally have a way to amass complete Quidditch teams, although I suspect the polybag will feature a less useful Gryffindor player, probably Harry, but Ron and Ginny are real and more exciting possibilities. I know the possibility of a Quidditch Trunk following the same format as the Hogwarts Magical Trunk was brought up in a previous Harry Potter thread, and it looks like that what this is. Let’s hope that means that, like the Hogwarts Trunk, we’ll get one quidditch player from each house (with capes), a teacher (Madam Hooch, obviously), and a random fifth student (fingers crossed for Lee Jordan). The big question is whether lego will use the robed torsos or the quidditch jumper torsos introduced in the banner sets. 

55 minutes ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

For the 2 remaining sets: Could be the Durmstang Ship, 3rd task/maze, Quidditch Set, Bill/Fleur Wedding, Malfoy Manor

Malfoy Manor I have difficulty picturing as the scenes are either 1) Burbage gets eaten or 2) Hermione gets tortured, culminating in Dobby's death, both of which seem out of step with the line. If they do it eventually, I picture it less substantial, more playful, like that original concept art sketch or MicMac's MOC thereof. (Or is there a scene I'm forgetting?)

What do people think the could include in a film orientated set for the 3rd task? Has anyone seen a good MOC of that?

6 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I’ve seen a lot of people speculating about the Expecto Patronum set being based on this or that scene, so I feel the need to remind us all that 76414 is the set with a particularly high piece count for its price. We are very likely going to be seeing some sort of brick built patronus - whether it’s another kinetic sculpture somehow or Harry Potter is finally getting scene dioramas like Star Wars and Jurassic Park have (which admittedly is slightly overdue and something we’ve been skirting the line with Diagon Alley and the Collectors Edition Hogwarts Express). 

I agree, I think it’s a very very slim chance that Expecto Patronum is based on anything beyond the PoA climax, and with the piece count I think it’s gotta be a diorama/display set. I’m not particularly excited for something like that, but I think it’s a good direction for the theme overall.

Do we have any information/speculation about when DA is retiring? I still haven’t picked it up, but if Gringotts really is compatible and looks good, I’ll have a hard time avoiding it. 

Before I go into my thought and predictions can someone please tell me where the rumour for the Durmstrag Ship and Knight Bus has come from?

Expecto Patronum -  Initially I thought the Expecto Patronum set would be a Hogwarts expansion (Lupin's classroom) but as someone pointed out every Hogwarts expansion has had Hogwarts in the title.  I'm also under the impression that Harry learnt this in the defence against dark arts classroom and given we are still expanding this version of Hogwarts it wouldn't make sense to have the classroom twice as it came in the Chamber of Secrets set.  I think it'll either be based on the scene from DH at the lake and include a detailed tent, or from POA but include Hagrid's Hut in it also.  I am surprised nobody has considered that yet as the piece count would probably be right for the Hut, Lake & Trees.

The Battle of Hogwarts - This should be interesting and I am assuming it's going to be another add on to the ever expanding castle.  If this is the case then I would actually like to see the Ravenclaw common room & dorm as part of this as Harry & Luna were both in there searching for the Diadem while the battle was taking place.  I may be nitpicking here but every castle expansion set has started off with 'Hogwarts' where as this does not, so maybe it is not an expansion after all, or maybe I am overthinking it.:laugh:

The Quidditch trunk - Doesn't sound too interesting to me at all, if it is what it says on the tin then the only way I would pick this up is if it has exclusive minifigures for each house.  For me I think the only logical next step for a quidditch set would have been something that included a student stand for everyone to watch and a detailed stand for the teachers, but in all honesty that would probably surpass the $100 mark. 

Gringotts - Gringotts is an interesting one, of course I can't wait for this set but I am extremely curious to see how they are going to pull off having the underground/vault section and still keep it in scale with the rest of Diagon Alley.  I can't exactly see it sitting on a bunch of rocks like COS does because in the movie you can actually see said rocks.  Given the price of this set though it makes me extremely hopeful for the inclusion of more shops.  My no1 would be the Leaky Cauldron equipped with bedrooms as well.   However I would settle for the pet shops if thats either Eeylops Owl Emporium or Magical Menagerie, or Knockturn Alley (After all there is a sign for it).

Advent Calendars - Advent Calendars do not interest me so I have no comments on this one. 

Knight Bus - Now the Knight Bus (if it is actually the Knight Bus) is actually one of the sets I am most looking forward to.  Since the very first one came out way back in 2004 I dreamt about a large scale version as every version that has been just doesn't cut it for me.  That is due to the very lacklustre interior, both the middle and top floor have always been written off with no detail in them whatsoever and even the bottom floor only has a single bed that isn't even the correct way because it can't fit length ways.  At least with a 2000+ piece set we can get a true to movie bottom floor and true to book middle and top floor with beds on each, how its shown in the movies and described in the books. 

Dobby - I am interested to see how the Dobby set turns out, and given the relatively lower price I may pick it up as he's a character everybody loves. But I've got to say I have never been a fan of the buildable characters and should I pick this one up it'll be the first one that I have. 

Mystery set 1 - Now the $89.99 set which is a mystery.  If I had to predict something then I would bet it would either be another Hogwarts expansion, which could maybe be the boathouse (although the price seems too high for that) or classrooms with dorms and common rooms.  Or secondly Hagrid's Hut.  To me the price would actually fit if we get both buildings of the Hut and it all encloses, which ultimately is what I have been waiting for for all these years.:grin:  It could also give us Fang.  Some more out there options could be Hogsmade or Diagon Alley shops or Godric's Hollow.  It'd be nice if it was Half Blood Prince related as that movie really has had no love since the reboot, or ever actually. 

Mystery set 2 - Lastly the $129.99 mystery set.  Honestly I think this will be the Lovegood house, the price is perfect for this set to get a real to scale version with a full interior and not feel like anything has been left out and the building itself inside and outside is very interesting. It would also give us chance to get a printed Tales of Beedle the Bard book piece, throw in a couple of Death Eaters and it would sell really well.  For me personally the only other option I believe it could be is a Third Task set.  Now this could either come with a stand for the crowd or double up as a new graveyard duel set as the last one was so poor Imo.  The maze itself could have some awesome play features in it which arguably could be the greatest HP playlet of all time for play features. Having said that though Lego probably wouldn't include the graveyard duel as they know they could sell that as it's own set really well for half the price.  Again more out there options could be a Hogwarts expansion, but I just can't see them doing that as the most expensive and second most expensive sets.  Alternatively it could be the Durmstrang Ship or Malfoy Manor but again I think sets on that scale need a higher piece count to really do them justice. 

On a sidenote I really do hope in the next few years we can get a D2C 12 Grimmauld Place as honestly I don't feel as though the one we got last year did it justice at all.  I think a D2C would be the best option for the Durmstrang ship and Malfoy Manor as well, maybe even a Burrow D2C to.

I mean, I am not against a Quidditch set, but I bought so many of those Cedric magazines...

But sounds like another banner year for the theme so I can't wait.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm honestly quite underwhelmed. 

I'm really with you here. I always felt that Harry Potter was a theme that had reasonably priced sets and didn't create unnecessary big and expensive sets. This wave has really changed my mind. The only set I'm very happy with is the BOH. I really liked what they did design-wise with the March wave and I can see them doing a great job with the build and minifigures. Expecto Patronum is either a POA diorama or a DHP1 Lake set. If it's the latter, then I will be very happy. A big, spacious tent, small lake and rock build, Doe patronus and a few Snatchers. If it's the diorama, then I will be very disappointed. Dobby and his sock is fine. If it's very creepy or very cute, I'll get it. The Quidditch trunk is annoying. I liked how they kept the 'Child aimed' (Books, 2022 trunk, banners) sets to March. I'll save my complete judgement until I see it. A $430 Gringotts is too much. I was looking forward to a Gringotts D2C around the $200 price range. That made sense. Each block was approx $100, so having a double sized block for Gringotts made sensed. This is just excessive. I know once I see this, I'll want it. But still. If they had a $60 vault and track play set and then a $200 building that would have been perfect. If this set comes with a Leaky Cauldron (The Diagon Ally building I want the most), I could see the price point becoming more achievable. If the other D2C is the Knight Bus, then that is an easy pass. If they lock away Aunt Marge behind this set I will be very annoyed. The fate of this wave falls on the shoulders of the two mystery sets. I hope they follow what the 2022 wave did, with the three 'out of Hogwarts' sets (MOM, SS and GP). If they do Malfoy Manner, the Lovegood house, Bathilda's house, Hogshead or the Shell Cottage then that will give this wave a huge plus. I also wouldn't mind another Hogwarts expansion to go with BOH, maybe the bridge. There is still hope for this wave, but I lost a lot for it today.

For all of my fellow UK-er completionists:

76409 Gryffindor House Banner - £29.99
76410 Slytherin House Banner - £29.99
76411 Ravenclaw House Banner - £29.99
76412 Hufflepuff House Banner - £29.99
76413 Hogwarts: Room of Requirement - £44.99
76414 Expecto Patronum - £59.99
76415 The Battle of Hogwarts - £74.99
76416 Quidditch Trunk - £59.99
76417 Gringotts Bank - £379.99
76418 Advent Calendar - £29.99
76419 The Knight Bus - £149.99
76420 Triwizard Tournament: The Black Lake - £39.99
76421 Dobby the House Elf - £34.99
76422 TBC - £79.99
76423 TBC - £114.99
40616 Brickheadz: Harry Potter & Cho Chang - £17.99
40617 Brickheadz: Draco Malfoy & Cedric Diggory - £17.99
40618 Brickheadz: Kingsley Shacklebolt - £9.99
41808 DOTS: Hogwarts Accessories Multipack - £12.99
41809 DOTS: Hedwig Pencil Holder £17.99
41811 DOTS: Hogwarts Desk Kit - £44.99

TOTAL = £1,308.79 [Estimated Prices]

Edited by NostalgicBricks

5 hours ago, Axxe90 said:

Quick question, not sure if it was stated, but will we get both D2C at the same time, like September? 

Or will they be available at different times? I‘m not so familiar with the Lego Star Wars franchise, but aren‘t they always getting a bigger D2C in both winter and summer wave?

If they are going the Star Wars route then the smaller D2C would be released first in this case the Knight Bus, probably with the rest of the wave on June 1st. Then Gringotts would release in September. 

I can't believe we're getting Dobby's sock. Ha ha! Might even be worth getting just for the memories.

Really looking forward to Gringotts, and while $430 is a lot, it gives me hope that they've got the scope do make it compatible with Diagon Alley, with maybe 40% of the budget going towards the street level Gringotts, 40-50% towards the tracks and vaults, and 10-20% towards the ironbelly. I could see them doing:

1. A modular build, so that the street level stacks on top of the vaults, but that might be hard to make the vault look good, from the outside and is awkard to have to separate the levels to put the street level with Diagon Alley.
2. Steps up from street level so that the vault is a small height underneath the elevated ground floor of the bank.
3. A really wide and/or deep Gringotts, so that the inside has both street level and vaults on the same level, but next to each other. Perhaps with a foldout from 32x32 to 16x64 for street level on one side and vaults on the other.
4. My personal favourite, but also unlikely due to cost - A base for Diagon Alley. They create the vaults/track as a base that Diagon Alley sits on, and so both sets combined are multi-level. It would look cool to elevate Diagon Alley, and you'd get a good long length of track.

However they do it, if it's compatible with Diagon Alley, I think I'll be happy with it.

havent typed in a while but just had to say, been in this forum since 2020 and just cannot believe that in some way we got a ucs dobbys sock, truly a marvelous achievement 

oh yea and gringotts too ig  :laugh_hard:

2 initial thoughts I had that I haven’t heard come up in conversation and I’m just curious to see if anyone thinks they’re possible/likely:

1. The Expecto Patronum set will be like the Hedwig, Fawkes, and Hungarian Horntail sets. Basically a big patronus stag that maybe gallops when you turn a crank or something? OR it could be the OOtP scene with Harry, Dudley, Mrs. Figg, and the Dementors. But that wouldn’t be a very interesting set Lol

2. The Quidditch trunk set will be like the previous trunk set (came with lots of minifig parts, Harry, McGonagall, and could represent multiple scenes). Basically, you can make your own quidditch players with various accessories and then maybe create a couple different quidditch scenes when you open up the chest. OR the set could be like the icons set and just be a large quidditch chest with supplies.

What are your thoughts? 

Edited by Gryffindor

Okay, I couldn't be more wrong with my own predictions xD. But now that I've had some time to process everything, here are my thoughts.

76414 Expecto Patronum - Odd, but getting more dementors would always be nice. I secretly hope for a Forest of Dean variant with the doe, but it's likely just based on PoA. It would be nice if they updated Sirius so the tattoos match those of "Sirius Rescue".

76415 The Battle of Hogwarts - Sounds amazing, but the price is slightly worrying, I feel like it's a little on the "cheap" side to fully do it justice. So many characters that need to be included, but obviously won't all make it. I feel like Harry and Voldemort are the only given choice. A Troll or giant would be nice as well. Some of the other notable characters can at least be included in other sets like Hog's Head Inn or Malfoy Manor. I wouldn't be surprised if they also reuse last year's Neville. Maybe add Scabior. Or the Carrows, even though they were basically defeated before the battle began. McGonagall and some statues would be nice as well. So would a Sprout variation. Clearly too much potential figures.

76416 Quidditch Trunk - I really hope we'll get the Quidditch robes from the 2018 and diagon alley sets. Plus some random heads and hairpieces again for random students. A Hooch with eyes like in 2010 would be a nice inclusion as well. So would Lee Jordan. Especially since his actor is now taking on another role in Hogwarts Legacy.

76417 Gringotts Bank - Perfect, I feel like it's gonna be either modular, so you can stack the bank on top of the railway system or connect it in front of it, although that would be difficult with a baseplate (which it needs if it is truly connectable with Diagon Alley). Or, more likely, it might be something more in line with Joker's Manor, with the rails just attached to the building (just from the back). Sure they talk about dropping down or something, but maybe they simply added the start to the second floor, behind the balconies, from which the cart could be set loose.

76421 Dobby the House Elf - I feel kinda obliged to buy this set considering all the joking we've done. Don't care too much about the build, but it's pretty much the only set in which they could include a Deathly Hallows Dobby (aka stripped pillow shirt, shoes and different colours eyes (even though that one doesn't really matter, but it could be useful to do some custom house elfs). I mean the other scenes would be too dark to include him in, and Grimmauld Place is already been done (and I don't see them updating it any time soon).

In the end a wave with great potential. And there are still some surprises left.

Regarding 76414 Expecto Patronum - I’m imagining a kinetic sculpture of Harry’s stag patronus in translucent blue pieces. The movement of it could be quite beautiful if it was designed something like this galloping horse -

Brick built Dobby’s sock set, the prophecy was real. My time has finally come. I want to buy it but $430 for Gringotts though, wow. Guess I’ll have to start saving for that. I’m confused by the rest of the sets though. Other than the battle of hogwarts which seems straightforward and is more DH stuff so looking forward to that. 

21 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Regarding 76414 Expecto Patronum - I’m imagining a kinetic sculpture of Harry’s stag patronus in translucent blue pieces. The movement of it could be quite beautiful if it was designed something like this galloping horse -

That sounds very cool, but I'm not sure how realistic it is to do that with transparent pieces.

2 hours ago, froggy95 said:

Any way The Knight Bus could include a Leaky Cauldron building? 

An oversized Knight Bus wouldn't go along well with a regular-sized building