Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

They really should've made Schumacher Batman sets imo. Sure, the movies are not loved by any means, but I think they'd make for some really interesting sets. 

And let's be honest, kids nowadays have no idea who Keaton is and have no connection whatsoever to those movies.

We ended up getting three Batman and Joker: Batman and Joker with a Batmobile, Batman and Joker but with a Bawting, and Batman and Joker but 4+.

The prices do not help. They all feel like they should be 8€ cheaper, especially the Batmobile.

I'll be buying the Batwing tho, it will look great on my Batman movies display.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They really should've made Schumacher Batman sets imo. Sure, the movies are not loved by any means, but I think they'd make for some really interesting sets. 

And let's be honest, kids nowadays have no idea who Keaton is and have no connection whatsoever to those movies.

We ended up getting three Batman and Joker: Batman and Joker with a Batmobile, Batman and Joker but with a Bawting, and Batman and Joker but 4+.

The prices do not help. They all feel like they should be 8€ cheaper, especially the Batmobile.

kids don't know who Schumacher is either

10 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

German F1 driver right?

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

But they know who Batman is...

There is currently no airing iteration of a kid friendly Batman besides maybe TTGO? And yet they still make Batman sets for kids.

Edited by doclord

16 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Precisely, this one barely looks anything like the one from BTAS other than them having a similar tie (?).

Like no way someone can look at this minifigure and think "Yeah, obviously represents Joker from the cartoon, uncanny resemblance"

Lol I was just making a joke about how lazy LEGO is.

I do not see the sales of the batcave doing well, makes me wonder will that send the message to lego that no one wants expensive dc sets, when in reality we do, we just want good ones.

Side note: is the polybag batman 1992 supposed to release in june?

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Schumacher sets would do well. Completionists and DC freaks like us would buy regardless of our feelings on the films. And the designs are so whacky looking they’re basically already comic sets that kids would like because of the bright colors and interesting batmobiles. 

7 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

That's the whole point :jollyroger:

It doesn't matter to them, because they don't know either of those versions. 

2 minutes ago, Micka said:

And the set for Flash movie ?

Replaced with the 1989 batmobile (assumably due to Miller's crimes.)

4 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Lol I was just making a joke about how lazy LEGO is.

Your joke was so close to reality I took it as a fact, mh apologies 💀

18 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Agree

Poison Ivy and Mr Freeze from Batman and Robin would be great minifigures

22 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Maybe I’m the exception, but I’d be far more willing to buy a D2C from Burtman than Schumacher Batman. Batman and Robin is hilarious, but I’m not going to spend that much money on a meme set.

3 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Maybe I’m the exception, but I’d be far more willing to buy a D2C from Burtman than Schumacher Batman. Batman and Robin is hilarious, but I’m not going to spend that much money on a meme set.

I would spend some money on a Batmobile or another vehicle from those movies with Mr Freeze and such.

Edited by JekPorkchops

I still think the decision to release like five Burtonverse Batman sets this year is incredibly bizarre, and that’s coming from someone who’s second favorite live action version of the character is Michael Keaton. Clearly, the Batmobile and probably the Batwing were supposed to be Flash tie-ins. Some folks on Reddit were even pointing out how it looks like they redid the boxart and had Joker running in the Flash’s place. As someone who’s actually kinda looking forward to the film (and I’m not a huge DC fan and definitely not a fan of DCEU), I kinda have mixed feelings on Lego taking away any tie-in with the new film. On one hand, I respect them for not wanting to be associated with Ezra Miller but on the other hand, they’re like the only toy/merch brand doing this and it feels kinda moot. And this decision makes for two much less interesting sets than if we were to get some characters from the new film included instead of the exact same Batman and Joker twice.

Side note, but I think it’s kinda crazy that two of the biggest movies this summer feature the return of Michael Keaton’s Batman and Harrison Ford’s Indiana Jones and instead of getting Lego sets based on these new films, we just get sets based on the older ones. I have no idea what happened with those four supposed Dial of Destiny set numbers (apparently they just never existed), but we know that the Batmobile at least was originally supposed to be a Flash set because of its title in the original rumor and the leaked Flash minifigure that will likely never see the light of day.

But yeah, all of that aside, the builds for the Batmobile and Batwing are fantastic. My biggest gripe are the figures: I would have liked to see the specialized ‘89 cowl mold used in these sets for when Batman isn’t in the vehicles and I think the new Joker figure is a fine comic version but a terrible Jack Nicholson figure. I’ll probably have to Bricklink the previous figure or at least the face.

Because those figures and the prices make me wince a little bit, I think I’ll save up some VIP points so I can get both of these sets at once for a lower price. It’s weird to me how the Batwing is cheaper than the Batmobile but seeing how much that 2019 promo set goes for, I think Lego knew people would pay virtually any price for the latter set. I understand the Batmobile fatigue but I love getting different incarnations of the vehicle in Lego form. I’d love to get the Schumacher Batmobiles with those wacky character designs in Lego form.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I still think the decision to release like five Burtonverse Batman sets this year is incredibly bizarre, and that’s coming from someone who’s second favorite live action version of the character is Michael Keaton. Clearly, the Batmobile and probably the Batwing were supposed to be Flash tie-ins. Some folks on Reddit were even pointing out how it looks like they redid the boxart and had Joker running in the Flash’s place. As someone who’s actually kinda looking forward to the film (and I’m not a huge DC fan and definitely not a fan of DCEU), I kinda have mixed feelings on Lego taking away any tie-in with the new film. On one hand, I respect them for not wanting to be associated with Ezra Miller but on the other hand, they’re like the only toy/merch brand doing this and it feels kinda moot. And this decision makes for two much less interesting sets than if we were to get some characters from the new film included instead of the exact same Batman and Joker twice.

Side note, but I think it’s kinda crazy that two of the biggest movies this summer feature the return of Michael Keaton’s Batman and Harrison Ford’s Indiana Jones and instead of getting Lego sets based on these new films, we just get sets based on the older ones. I have no idea what happened with those four supposed Dial of Destiny set numbers (apparently they just never existed), but we know that the Batmobile at least was originally supposed to be a Flash set because of its title in the original rumor and the leaked Flash minifigure that will likely never see the light of day.

But yeah, all of that aside, the builds for the Batmobile and Batwing are fantastic. My biggest gripe are the figures: I would have liked to see the specialized ‘89 cowl mold used in these sets for when Batman isn’t in the vehicles and I think the new Joker figure is a fine comic version but a terrible Jack Nicholson figure. I’ll probably have to Bricklink the previous figure or at least the face.

Because those figures and the prices make me wince a little bit, I think I’ll save up some VIP points so I can get both of these sets at once for a lower price. It’s weird to me how the Batwing is cheaper than the Batmobile but seeing how much that 2019 promo set goes for, I think Lego knew people would pay virtually any price for the latter set. I understand the Batmobile fatigue but I love getting different incarnations of the vehicle in Lego form. I’d love to get the Schumacher Batmobiles with those wacky character designs in Lego form.

Totally agree with pretty much all of this. It's weird that we're getting so many Burton sets, and I also have mixed feelings on them nixing the flash tie-in aspect. As much as I hate how Miller's being treated more gently by people like Gunn for his actual multiple crimes than most actors are for tweeting something dumb, I do think you can separate art from artist- or in this case, actor from character- and still release the sets. But on the other hand, lego's been cancelling a lot of sets for controversy over the last few years, so I at least respect the consistency. (Though for the batwing thing, I really don't see how it resembles the one from the flash. It's not just that it's smaller, the shaping is different)

Lego apparently dodged a bullet by not making Indy 5 sets (4/10 on IGN? HOW? They give everything a 7/10 or better. How do you manage to get a 4/10 from them?), but I think Flash sets would have sold quite well given how hyped-up this movie is by the reviewers, fans who saw it at screenings, and Tom Cruise.

I'm still very annoyed about the Batmobile being almost $50. It's absurd to me. A batmobile alone shouldn't be more than $30-35 unless it's something like the Tumbler.

On 5/24/2023 at 7:40 AM, jjr_2009 said:

I'm still disappointed that a sequel to The LEGO Batman Movie was scrapped, because those were probably my favorite DC sets. They pulled from a wide variety of DC media for the figures and the builds were really over-the-top and fun.

Glory days! Maybe when the Gunn era begins the Glory days come back. For now we get something! 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Totally agree with pretty much all of this. It's weird that we're getting so many Burton sets, and I also have mixed feelings on them nixing the flash tie-in aspect. As much as I hate how Miller's being treated more gently by people like Gunn for his actual multiple crimes than most actors are for tweeting something dumb, I do think you can separate art from artist- or in this case, actor from character- and still release the sets. But on the other hand, lego's been cancelling a lot of sets for controversy over the last few years, so I at least respect the consistency. (Though for the batwing thing, I really don't see how it resembles the one from the flash. It's not just that it's smaller, the shaping is different)

Lego apparently dodged a bullet by not making Indy 5 sets (4/10 on IGN? HOW? They give everything a 7/10 or better. How do you manage to get a 4/10 from them?), but I think Flash sets would have sold quite well given how hyped-up this movie is by the reviewers, fans who saw it at screenings, and Tom Cruise.

I'm still very annoyed about the Batmobile being almost $50. It's absurd to me. A batmobile alone shouldn't be more than $30-35 unless it's something like the Tumbler.

Jumping on the Flash/Kenton bandwagon! Maybe we get a set next year like they did with no way home. 

For now, do we know of any more sets for this year? 

On 5/28/2023 at 4:34 PM, Lionbear8 said:

For now, do we know of any more sets for this year? 

There‘s 76222, which was delayed from last year but could have been canned, and 76246 which is still an unknown.

On 5/28/2023 at 7:56 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Lego apparently dodged a bullet by not making Indy 5 sets (4/10 on IGN? HOW? They give everything a 7/10 or better. How do you manage to get a 4/10 from them?)

Let's not pretend Lego only makes sets for the good movies.

Would love a 12 Angry Men diorama if that were the case, tho!

On 5/28/2023 at 7:56 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Though for the batwing thing, I really don't see how it resembles the one from the flash. It's not just that it's smaller, the shaping is different)

It's not just that it doesnt resemble the one from the Flash, it doesn't resemble Keaton's either. Surreal how the one from 2018 looks miles better.

On 5/28/2023 at 1:56 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

And even then, the Tumbler was only $40.

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Let's not pretend Lego only makes sets for the good movies.

No, but generally speaking, movies with absolutely horrible reviews don't make much money. (People like to use venom as a counterexample. Venom had mediocre revies, not absolutely horrible reviews like Indy 5)

4 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

And even then, the Tumbler was only $40.

Exactly. How, in 2 years, does a playscale batmobile become $10 more expensive than a playscale tumbler?

17 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No, but generally speaking, movies with absolutely horrible reviews don't make much money. (People like to use venom as a counterexample. Venom had mediocre revies, not absolutely horrible reviews like Indy 5)

Exactly. How, in 2 years, does a playscale batmobile become $10 more expensive than a playscale tumbler?

Like everyone else says, blame it on the pandemic,  the war in Russia! Cost of materials have increased dramatically across all markets and Supply chains! 

Or lego just likes to record profit sales every year. 

Point is we will never know the real reason.

I'll say it again, just wait for the sales! Every theme gets them! 

Fingers crossed we keep getting sets! 

22 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

There‘s 76222, which was delayed from last year but could have been canned, and 76246 which is still an unknown.

Well at least we have something! Hopefully the 2024 set numbers leak soon. 

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

Even if they do leak soon, it could be months before we know which are Marvel (all of them) and which are DC (none of them).

2 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

It’s a bit too early for that. Gotta be patient until the end of July at least