Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, FoggyFate said:

Let’s fix that shall we?

Batman D2C

3,981 pieces 

$449.99

Ah I'm glowing again, I mean the theme is glowing again! Great news made my day! 

Whatever the set is, it has a higher cost per piece than a lot of other D2C sets, even post-price increase.  Maybe a lot of new prints or bigger parts used in the build?  I'm still waiting to see the 2021 Thanos bigfig mold get reused for a comic version of Bane.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Either this is the year that I win the lottery, the year that I sell my kidney, or the year with the biggest differential between sets I want and sets I get. :laugh: Rivendell, NWH, potentially two massive superhero D2Cs, Yavin IV, one of my favorite clone legions potentially becoming available for Army-building, etc.

I'm just so glad that I don't care for Star Wars or Minifigures (the Bugle, I think, is only great if you like figures, which it delivers in spades, but the build appears average, and I'm hoping NWH is similar, so I'm not tempted). Good luck on the lottery!

7 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

Remake of Keatonmobile seems silly. The last one was perfect anyways. The only vehicle left is '66, but I'm very skeptical it could sell at that price point. Even if we add $50 to the price of the Keatonmobile to account for inflation, that would be $150 more. That's very large. '66 is also beloved but a bit niche for something that price. But hey, this is also the company that gave us the Black Panther bust and absurd Hulkbuster. So maybe?

I still think the Manor/Batcave is a very challenging build for anything sub-$750. There's just so much open air that the footprint is very large. It's possible but at the listed piece count I'm not sure how good it would be. And also why would all the villains be at the Batcave? Arkham makes so much more sense.

Yes, good logic. And it also spills over into people wanting to expand their modular collection with other buildings, opening the market to non-Batman fans.

48 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I'm just so glad that I don't care for Star Wars or Minifigures (the Bugle, I think, is only great if you like figures, which it delivers in spades, but the build appears average, and I'm hoping NWH is similar, so I'm not tempted). Good luck on the lottery!

Hahaha (I don't actually buy lottery tickets, so it'd be a hell of a lottery win). You're definately lucky there, though personally I love the build of the bugle. Though SW appears to be having a rough year with some of the other larger sets ($200 chewbacca? Really?)

28 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

$500 Tower of Fate, let’s go!!!

This is now the only option I will accept. Comes with 25 John Constantine figures and Black Adam.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

This is now the only option I will accept. Comes with 25 John Constantine figures and Black Adam.

Klarion the Witch Boy GWP.

Batman D2C

3,981 pieces 

$449.99

If this turns out to be the Wayne Manor from Keaton Batman 1989...I kid you not...there will be riots in this thread. Everyone will go NUTS!

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

$500 Tower of Fate, let’s go!!!

I wish but honestly this is the last thing I would expect it to be. The rumor post on ig says its Batman focused. Even if it didn’t Lego has given such a hyper focus on Batman since the start of this series and really intensely in the past few years, I just would not envision them producing a Justice League set in this day and age, let alone at that price point. 

i’m inclined to believe its an oversized Bat vehicle as thats what most of this theme is in general. I guess I wouldn’t mind a new Arkham if done well but its kind of like can we get something new? But I guess a good character selection can spice things up. Lego isn’t quite known for having a compelling character lineup for its DC sets, though. And then forget about them having accurate/detailed printing. Or god forbid a newly molded element. But of course they can allot funds to mold new batarangs every year. I should stop because I sound bitter lol. But I’m just not expecting much of whatever this turns out to be. 

I feel like it could be that art de po set? I was interested in that but I thought that was going to be like $200 or something, this price seems too steep for that set. Hopefully the gotham skyline art set ends up being cheaper and does actually get produced cause that kind of scenic backdrop is just perfect for a Lego Batman display.

I hear this theme is having a “come back” of sorts in the coming months? I hope thats true. I’m pretty sure we don’t have an exact number of sets yet or even rumors to what they may be. I’m personally hoping for a new Batgirl with dual molded legs and leg printing and dual molded arms and arm printing. Its crazy that most of her figures have been mini dolls, inaccurate versions based on TLBM , or that terrible Rebirth figure with no detailing and an inaccurate hair choice. And the first was the best from 2014 but she lacked leg detailing it was kind of jarring. It’s wild to me that Lego has yet to give us a quality and accurate take on Babs yet. I really hope they do her justice sometime soon (badum tiss). 

Edited by cosmic

2 hours ago, TakeaBrick said:

Batman D2C

3,981 pieces 

$449.99

If this turns out to be the Wayne Manor from Keaton Batman 1989...I kid you not...there will be riots in this thread. Everyone will go NUTS!

Considering that that’s an actual building in England, I tend to doubt it. I’m not a lawyer but I’m pretty sure you need the rights to buildings. There was something weird about the Freedom Tower in Marvel’s Spider-Man (when the remaster came out, it wasn’t included because they didn’t renew some licensing deal).

Glad DC is getting... well, any sets at all this year.

Wonder if it's yet another Batmobile, or if they'll actually go in a different direction. 

Arkham Asylum seems like it'd have the best potential for the minifigure selection, though I'd hope they would actually take the opportunity to include some characters who would have basically no chance showing up elsewhere. Darker characters like Professor Pyg (who did appear in Beware the Batman and got a billboard cameo for TLBM) and Zsasz (who did appear in the DS versions of the first two LEGO Batman video games) might technically have a very slim chance of appearing in a 18+ Arkham set (and if they don't show up in such a set, they're likely never turning up)  I'd technically be fine with them reusing most figures from the 2019-onwards sets (maybe with a slight change that doesn't require new printing here and there) if it meant getting more new characters.  

Wow. I’m pleased that we’re getting a set, it’s about time, but with that price I kinda hope that I don’t want it. That’s a lot to blow in one hit.

34 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

That’s a lot to blow in one hit.

It‘s an expensive year, that‘s for sure! DC, Marvel, Star Wars, and LOTR all get a $400+ D2C set, and then there‘s Indy and Disney 100 :oh: My wallet cried out in terror and was suddenly silenced.

Hope it‘s something movie-related with a reasonable footprint

There are many new minifigure options a comic based Batman D2C could go with.  We're still missing some Bat-Family members, with Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown being among the most notable omissions.  Tim Drake in his Red Robin costume would also be good to get.  Red Hood would be a good option to include again, as it's been quite a while since his last appearance.  Perhaps they could do this design (which Spin Master recently used for their Batman figure line) if they want to do something different from the 2016 minifigure.  

As for villains, Bane with the 2021 bigfig mold, minifigure Clayface with the Vidiyo slime head, and a new black and white suit Two-Face still remain my most wanted revamps of villains we've gotten before, while my top 5 picks for villains we haven't gotten yet would be Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist, Hush, Black Mask, and Lady Shiva.

Of course, I can only hope LEGO goes with any of these for the D2C, assuming it's even a minifigure scale or comic based set at all.

@TakeaBrick’s profile picture made me think of it: I think it’s unlikely (which is a shame because I’d like to see it) but what if it’s either the Ben Affleck Batman’s batcave or a Ben Affleck Batman batmobile done like the Keaton batmobile and tumbler?

If it’s the bat cave they could include a minifigure-sized batmobile, Batman (for the price maybe both the standard and tactical suits), Alfred, Bruce Wayne, the Jared Leto Joker (he never appeared in the batcave but he hasn’t been made yet and there’s a modicum of precedent with the Margot Robbie Harley Quinn having been included in the D2C LEGO Movie 2 set), Deathstroke, the dead Robin’s suit, plus all the Justice League members (they haven’t made a ZSJL black suit Superman (the 2013 SDCC black suit minifigure is the MoS suit but black and silver whereas the ZSJL black suit is the BvS suit but black and silver.))

Edited by SuperSquidman

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Glad DC is getting... well, any sets at all this year.

Wonder if it's yet another Batmobile, or if they'll actually go in a different direction. 

Batmobile seems to be the go to for Lego, if it is it will be same scale as the 89, I would think 66 or I would love the BVS one. But what my heart wants is a playset, too much grey for a batcave only,  I would think something in the same vein as the joker manor style with it either being arkham or the Wanye manor with a bat cave under it!

Geez this is the best time on these forums! The guessing game!

24 minutes ago, SuperSquidman said:

@TakeaBrick’s profile picture made me think of it: I think it’s unlikely (which is a shame because I’d like to see it) but what if it’s either the Ben Affleck Batman’s batcave or a Ben Affleck Batman batmobile done like the Keaton batmobile and tumbler?

If it’s the bat cave they could include a minifigure-sized batmobile, Batman (for the price maybe both the standard and tactical suits), Alfred, Bruce Wayne, the Jared Leto Joker (he never appeared in the batcave but he hasn’t been made yet and there’s a modicum of precedent with the Margot Robbie Harley Quinn having been included in the D2C LEGO Movie 2 set), Deathstroke, the dead Robin’s suit, plus all the Justice League members (they haven’t made a ZSJL black suit Superman (the 2013 SDCC black suit minifigure is the MoS suit but black and silver whereas the ZSJL black suit is the BvS suit but black and silver.))

That would be one way to save most people a lot of money, Synder's take on bats was controversial to say the least. It'd be like if star choose Star killer base as it's biggest set or ( as much as I personally enjoyed it) if they opted to do a Rings of Power Lindon before Rivendell.

3 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Considering that that’s an actual building in England, I tend to doubt it. I’m not a lawyer but I’m pretty sure you need the rights to buildings. There was something weird about the Freedom Tower in Marvel’s Spider-Man (when the remaster came out, it wasn’t included because they didn’t renew some licensing deal).

I mean they make real buildings all the time, are they all licensed?

And anyway I doubt it would be exactly a 1:1 recreation so I'm not sure it would matter. Though I think if is Keaton it might just be the cave sans manor. But if it's generically comic based like the bugle then there's more scope to have both.

7 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

I still think the Manor/Batcave is a very challenging build for anything sub-$750. There's just so much open air that the footprint is very large. It's possible but at the listed piece count I'm not sure how good it would be. And also why would all the villains be at the Batcave? 

They do not need a batcave and wayne manor set to be $750+ to be good, what the hell are you talking about.

Also why would all the villains be at the daily bulge? If they want to include a lot of villains in a batcave they shouldn't let logic stop them.

2 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Also why would all the villains be at the daily bulge? If they want to include a lot of villains in a batcave they shouldn't let logic stop them.

Agreed, this is a toy ffs, even if it is a batcave we need something for Batman to fight against!

That being said I can't see it being a Wayne manor + Batcave. It would need to be huge to work.

Like sure, we got some tall sets like the bugle, but for it to look good it would need to be wider and broader. The 66's Batcave somehow attemts to do this, and while it works on a small dosis, I don't think a whole manor would do it.

1 hour ago, SuperSquidman said:

I think it’s unlikely (which is a shame because I’d like to see it) but what if it’s either the Ben Affleck Batman’s batcave or a Ben Affleck Batman batmobile done like the Keaton batmobile and tumbler?

Not in a million years, a Snyderverse set for that price tag is just out of the question. Even during the DCEU’s height this would‘ve been unlikely, and now that it‘s over, there‘s no way :tongue: 

Joker Manor coat $270 and most Batcaves cost roughly $100. Adjusted for inflation, that’s probably close to $450. So a Wayne Manor and Batcave at that price point isn’t that far of a stretch. 

Just when I thought my wallet would be relatively safe this year (unless this turns out to be a giant Batmobile for the upcoming Batman buildable figure to sit in...)

Maybe it's because I've been on a bit of a Keaton Batman kick ever since I saw The Flash trailer, but besides the possibility of being an extremely detailed Arkham, I'm willing to bet it'll be his Batcave. I just feel like with Lego making the 1989 Batmobile and Batwing, they'd tie it all together with the Batcave so that you can keep everything in one place. Though out of the two Batcave designs that were in the Burton movies, the one from Batman Returns has a lot more set potential with all that's in it, especially the costume vault with the dozens of spare Batsuits. You know Lego would include that in order to justify a reason to buy multiples of the Keaton Batsuit minifigure. Nevertheless, I'm really excited to see what this ends up being, now if we could just get the first set images of the Flash Tracking set to kick things off...

t7gOlAT.png

76e679e485e796e30c7fb40ab2f86907

18 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Just when I thought my wallet would be relatively safe this year (unless this turns out to be a giant Batmobile for the upcoming Batman buildable figure to sit in...)

Maybe it's because I've been on a bit of a Keaton Batman kick ever since I saw The Flash trailer, but besides the possibility of being an extremely detailed Arkham, I'm willing to bet it'll be his Batcave. I just feel like with Lego making the 1989 Batmobile and Batwing, they'd tie it all together with the Batcave so that you can keep everything in one place. Though out of the two Batcave designs that were in the Burton movies, the one from Batman Returns has a lot more set potential with all that's in it, especially the costume vault with the dozens of spare Batsuits. You know Lego would include that in order to justify a reason to buy multiples of the Keaton Batsuit minifigure. Nevertheless, I'm really excited to see what this ends up being, now if we could just get the first set images of the Flash Tracking set to kick things off...

The costume vault will be back for The Flash. If they are doing a Keaton Batcave it would be a shame not to include a few of his new Batsuits.

batmannnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg

No matter what it is, at least they‘re being upfront about it being based on ol‘ Batsy. This theme stopped being „DC Superheroes“ a while ago :laugh_hard:

And even if other DC heroes still got sets, there ain‘t no way any of them had a $450 set dedicated to them 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

22 minutes ago, TakeaBrick said:

LEGO, make it a set. Then, we will forget the blunder of Hulkbuster and the black panther bust. 

1459076728-batcave-google-maps-robin-sui

Nah I want a bat CAVE not a concrete Bunker (especially as Affleck is my least favourite Batman , but each to Thier ow in that regard)