Classic_Spaceman

Sonic the Hedgehog - Rumours and Discussion

(2024 update) This topic was started in 2022 when LEGO Sonic was rumored info, but will continue to be used for all LEGO Sonic the Hedgehog discussion for the time being.

The theme codenamed "Lemon" is confirmed to be Sonic the Hedgehog. The sets are similar to the Mario line in that they combine into a board game/platformer, but they will include Minifigs. Each set also has a launcher for a clear plastic ball that Sonic can be placed into (constructed similarly to some Ninjago spinners). 

Sets: 
76990 - {Unknown} / $29.99 / 292 Pieces 
76991 - {Unknown} / $39.99 / 367 Pieces 
76992 - {Unknown} / $49.99 / 388 Pieces 
76993 - {Unknown} / $59.99 / 615 Pieces 
76994 - {Unknown} / $99.99 / 802 Pieces 

Wow, I didn't see until now that 76990 is $19.99 for 292 pieces. I guess we shouldn't be expecting any new molds in that one.

More info on instagram including piece counts for all sets and that there is a brickbuilt launcher that will launch minifigures in a clear ball. It seems all sets are minifig based (system scale) and can connect to make a bigger layout. 

15 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

Wow, I didn't see until now that 76990 is $19.99 for 292 pieces. I guess we shouldn't be expecting any new molds in that one.

It’s $29.99

2 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Fingers crossed that the Chaotix are in one of the sets

Oh man, I'd LOVE an Espio figure. He doesn't get enough attention.

The other sets also have leaked part counts (from brick_clicker in Instagram)

76991: 367 parts ($39.99)

76992: 388 parts ($49.99)

76993: 615 parts ($59.99)

76994: 802 parts ($99.99)

The launcher 'gimmick' seems interesting, and I'm glad they're minifig scale too. Sure, I like the mario sets, but minifigs are classic for a reason. It'll be nice for more sonic characters to get minifigs and hopefully a better eggman too. All I would really be interested in is a large model of the death egg robot or something similar. Hopefully in 76993 or 76994, but we'll see.

8 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Imagine if 76992 is “adventures with sonic starter course and this is just another course builder like Mario

The vague description does imply a course building system, but maybe it‘s more like the Ideas set? Come to think of it, that one was pretty clearly designed with the possibility of expansions in mind, looking back. There was some speculation about that earlier this year. So maybe an entire theme beyond the Ideas set was planned from the get-go, which might also explain the delay of the set :grin:

Since sonic launches in a transparent ball from what i am reading here, what if lego is reusing the loop system used for Stuntz sets? 

Just build one last night. It does NOT work well with a bike but might work well with a transparent ball!

maybe we just get this in brown or something!?

In that case it would be more of a playset than a display set like the ideas one…

If its a display set i want less stickers!:)

I just really want to please, please, finally get Amy, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow. Hopefully also the likes of Rouge, Blaze, Silver, etc later on. I’ve been waiting since LEGO Dimensions in 2017 . . I know it’s all but guaranteed but I’m afraid to hope . . 

I hope there's a good variety of character minifigs. It'd suck if most characters were brick built. I mean it makes sense for some of the robots/enemies, but I want Knuckles, Tails, Amy etc as minifigs.

I hope the rolling ball just houses a normal scale minifigure so the minifigures can function as normal without it. Maybe it'll be similar to the Jurassic World Gyrospheres?

Anybody think maybe it's codenamed Lemon because Super Sonic is yellow? Wonder if we'll get Super Sonic represented early on since they already have the mould?

From @Brick_Clicker: 

“As with Super Mario, the sets in the line will be merged into one board game. But unlike the Nintendo franchise, the series will feature regular minifigures. Each kit comes with a special ball you can put Sonic in (apparently something like the spinners from Ninjago 2019). The first wave will be released on August 1st, 2023.” 

49 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

From @Brick_Clicker: 

“As with Super Mario, the sets in the line will be merged into one board game. But unlike the Nintendo franchise, the series will feature regular minifigures. Each kit comes with a special ball you can put Sonic in (apparently something like the spinners from Ninjago 2019). The first wave will be released on August 1st, 2023.” 

I can already tell that the set including Shadow will sell the most

Just now, FinlayTheFaithful said:

I can already tell that the set including Shadow will sell the most

Provided that he appears. The reported Mario-style layout makes me think that the theme will be focused more on the playable Sonic-launching gimmick than on characters and solid vehicle/location builds. 

Very excited that Sonic is getting a full theme, it's something I've been wanting since I was a kid! I'm curious if we'll get a mix of modern and classic Sonic or if it's just going to focus on classic Sonic like the Ideas set. Hopefully it's the former so that we have the opportunity to get a greater variety of characters, but I would be happy if we at least get Tails, Knuckles, and Amy in this first wave.