legonerd54321

1:48 scale PS 60' "Waffle" Boxcar

Boxcars don’t have to be boring! This is a Pullman Standard 60’ ft ”Waffle” boxcar I created for Monty's Trains . This design was challenging to get right, especially with the upside-down build. The decals were a pain to put on, but in the end it was super worth it. I am super pleased and proud of how this model turned out, I really do believe this pushed and challenged myself as a builder.

Southern Railways PS 60’ “Waffle” BoxcarSouthern Railways PS 60’ “Waffle” BoxcarSouthern Railways PS 60’ “Waffle” Boxcar

You went all out on the details of your boxcar. The decals look great on it, even if they were a pain to apply. Using the bullion tiles on the sides is perfect. Even the rodding on the underside is well constructed and present. Top notch work!

Actually saw this on Monty’s Instagram (which I follow along with so many other AFOLs, despite being English) first and was amazed by it - didn’t look at who made it but knew it wasn’t him.  Amazing talent you’ve got here - I’m absolutely stunned.  Did you just make one and gave it away or have you got a couple for yourself as well?

Edited by Vilhelm22

What a beautiful piece of rolling stock! Such great details. I especially like your solution for the platform to operate the break. What a great use of the Fence 1 x 4 x 1 lattice brick, nevermind the fact that the whole thing is built with studs facing downwards!

cheers,

Very chic! And the construction was certainly fun, so much SNOT, great ;-)

I like the shape and would even like to rebuild the. Is certainly a challenge. But the I-dot is the lettering. The result looks great, but I do not want to do the work ;-)

Thomas

But where is the syrup?!? :tongue: (You HAD to know that somebody was gonna make that joke, it being a waffle boxcar and all...)

Spectacular MOC, love the details!

Magnificent boxcar, legonerd54321, and so highly detailed 😃👍. Which part is built upside down? The bottom of this wagon? And what is the black brick, left from the door, with coloured stripes? 

I'd love to see a picture with a number of these cars and your caboose behind one or more SP engines. Great job! I'm a great fan of this kind of US (or Canadian) rolling stock!

The level of detail is astonishing - all those decals are just perfect. But the part  I like more is the detail on the underboby and the trucks!

Beautiful! :wub:

Ciao!

Davide