71780 Kai's Ninja Race Car EVO - 9.99 EUR
71781 Lloyd's Mech Battle EVO - 19.99 EUR
71782 Cole’s Earth Dragon EVO - 34.99 EUR
71783 Kai's Mech Raider EVO - 44.99 EUR
71784 Jay's Lightning Jet EVO - 9.99 EUR
71785 Jay's Titan Mech - 79.99 EUR
71786 Zane's Ice Dragon Creature - 99.99 EUR
71787 Creative Ninja Brick Box - 59.99 EUR

Very interested in the new sets! Like the previous Core sets, the 4+ and 7+ sets aren't too exciting (though Cole's dragon looks nice, and the mech bike is fairly unique in concept). But the two biggest/most complex sets are where the real magic is. Jay's mech is awesome, with a leaner build than typical Ninjago mechs (almost evocative of Evangelion mechs). And Zane's Ice Dragon looks incredible—the alt build slightly less so but the fact that it even has an alt build is still a point in its favor.

The new villain figs look good and while the ninja mostly seem to be repeats from this year's Core wave, I do love the little Samurai X bot! I've heard rumors of three new spinners—if so, I hope they're the three ninja who didn't get spinners this year and that the figs of them don't disappoint.

19 hours ago, Killian said:

I wonder if they went with the designs they chose for 2023 with new bone weapons, more fantasy looking villains and new moulds for dragon parts so that they have plenty parts to reuse for the Dungeons and Dragons set that's coming?

I don't know if that's that likely—the bone weapon pack is very distinctly Ninjago (with Japanese-inspired weapons like shurikens and such), and the dragon parts are pretty in line with the previous Ninjago dragon heads (though the horn piece looks versatile enough to potentially see use elsewhere). And it's not like a Dungeons and Dragons set wouldn't already have plenty of less Ninjago-specific fantasy/castle parts to draw from.

Well I stuffed this up somehow and Lyichir's post became the first one of the topic, so I have added the set information up top. It provides good commentary to kick off anyhow!

You forgot:

71788 [Lloyd's Ninja Motorbike] - 9.99 EUR

71800 [Nya's Water Dragon EVO] - 19.99 EUR

Also, the gimmick sets are 10€ each, and they are for Nya, Cole, and Zane (respectively).

@Agent Kallus, as I cant make a reply there, my apologies for the 2023 thread being on front-page, as I said, first time making a thread, despite me being here a while. Lyichir is probably more qualified to do this anyways! 

As for the sets, honestly really hyped for the smaller stuff. I think its great that we are getting some cheaper sets in a decent price range, although I'm scared to hear the English pricing. Here are my predictions - 

Jays jet and Kais car EVO - £8.99

Lloyds mech battle EVO - £17.99 

Coles dragon EVO - I'm hoping for £25 but will most likely be £29.99 with that American price 

Kai's mech rider EVO - again, I'm hoping for around £35 but it will probably be £39.99 like Coles dragon cruiser from crystalized. 

Ninja brick box - probably £54.99 (ouch, thats expensive!)

Jays titan mech - could be either £79.99 or £69.99, hoping for the latter. maybe a compromise at £74.99?

Zanes ice dragon - £89.99 

Lloyds motor bike - £8.99

Nya's water dragon - £17.99

Again, these are all predictions based of the American prices and how lego has priced the crystallised sets. take these with a grain of salt, and nothing is confirmed. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Well I stuffed this up somehow and Lyichir's post became the first one of the topic, so I have added the set information up top. It provides good commentary to kick off anyhow!

I was about to say—very confusing to see my name on a topic I didn't remember starting!

Very interested in Cole's Dragon but probably won't get it until it goes on sale. What with the Price per part being worse in Canada

Also hope that new giant sword piece gets made in silver. They're the perfect sword shape for Lady Bone Demon's mechs.

Probably also collect the bone warriors or at least their weapon pack. 

Also want to see what Nya's dragon looks like.

Jay's Titan Mech is amazing and I hope all the Ninja eventually get Titan mechs. (3/6 so far)

Edited by Takanuinuva

All I can say is the lack of creativity sets worse and worse every year. I get this is 'core' and not a new season, but even the cool different seasons only get a few sets, it's mainly just all rehashes all the time now.

I wish we had images for Nya's Dragon. I'm still on the fence about getting her Seabound Dragon form set

1 hour ago, Maple said:

All I can say is the lack of creativity sets worse and worse every year. I get this is 'core' and not a new season, but even the cool different seasons only get a few sets, it's mainly just all rehashes all the time now.

I'd agree that yes, some stuff is repetitive, and the fact that its core doesn't help the creativity argument, but you cant deny, some of these sets are pretty interesting. the mech riding a motor bike is pretty unique, only thing I can remember coming close to was that one bionical set, and the titan mech is unlike any other lego mech, bar maybe some exe force stuff. 

1 hour ago, Killian said:

I wish we had images for Nya's Dragon. I'm still on the fence about getting her Seabound Dragon form set

It's a really great set the dragon is done well.  I just wish the wings were different but they can be easily modded.  The skeleton dragon is still my favorite.  

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I'd agree that yes, some stuff is repetitive, and the fact that its core doesn't help the creativity argument, but you cant deny, some of these sets are pretty interesting. the mech riding a motor bike is pretty unique, only thing I can remember coming close to was that one bionical set, and the titan mech is unlike any other lego mech, bar maybe some exe force stuff. 

Don't get me wrong, I do think the set designs are well done, and I really enjoy the mech riding a trike. The mechs all have the same feel to me now. Even with Exo-force they have a different feel over the three years. It's hard to explain.

71783 Kai's Mech Rider (I think) has newly moulded large tires & rims!
Possibly of the right proportion for an 'Icons' scale semi-truck!

5 minutes ago, BrickWild said:

71783 Kai's Mech Rider (I think) has newly moulded large tires & rims!
Possibly of the right proportion for an 'Icons' scale semi-truck!

I agree, although personally Im hoping for a pickup truck. I know the red one is still out but I would love for a Toyota hillux or tacoma, something that can be a base model that can be modded for anything. I'm a big fan of overloading, it would be great having a lego base to work out custom designs. Oh well, a guy can dream... 

On 11/17/2022 at 8:11 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, the gimmick sets are 10€ each, and they are for Nya, Cole, and Zane (respectively).

It's interesting that they chose these three for the gimmick sets this time around. I'm assuming they're a follow-up to the ones from this year since Kai, Lloyd, and Jay already all got one, but Kai and Lloyd are almost always in the yearly gimmick sets so its strange not seeing their names there. 

17 minutes ago, Meadius said:

It's interesting that they chose these three for the gimmick sets this time around. I'm assuming they're a follow-up to the ones from this year since Kai, Lloyd, and Jay already all got one, but Kai and Lloyd are almost always in the yearly gimmick sets so its strange not seeing their names there. 

Honestly, given the trend of only a couple ninja getting spinner sets each year, I'm personally thrilled that they're "filling in the gaps" from last year's Core wave. Very excited to see the figs in these ones, given how impressive the spinner figs from the previous wave were.

Zane also got a spinner in 2022, just not a it's own small set (zane did get a small mech standalone set), but was included in the training center which is already retiring before the dojo itself, despite releasing 3 months later.

The training center retiring could have different reasons, most likely a zane spinner + brick box training center being part of similar 2023 products, but also unknown reasons probably.

I do like that the brick box continues the dojo style, with the darkgreen roofs and brown/white walls and red/gold accents, so you can make a larger layout.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Zane also got a spinner in 2022, just not a it's own small set (zane did get a small mech standalone set), but was included in the training center which is already retiring before the dojo itself, despite releasing 3 months later.

The training center retiring could have different reasons, most likely a zane spinner + brick box training center being part of similar 2023 products, but also unknown reasons probably.

I do like that the brick box continues the dojo style, with the darkgreen roofs and brown/white walls and red/gold accents, so you can make a larger layout.

Yeah, Zane did get a spinner last year, it's true—but unlike the dedicated spinner sets, it didn't come with a unique Zane minifigure. So hopefully this new set corrects that.

Whats the current exchange rate on VIP points? My accounts gonna be wiped soon as its fudged up, but I got about 2300 points left. Haven't used VIP in ages, so i'm not too sure and I know they made changes before to stuff. Any smaller ninjago sets people would recommend?

On 11/17/2022 at 6:11 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Has this been confirmed somewhere? I thought it was just speculation 

1 hour ago, Rolyat24 said:

Has this been confirmed somewhere? I thought it was just speculation 

Yeah, you're right. Checked Promobricks again, and that was just their speculation. 

I do hope it's true tho.

I didn't realize that was speculation either. Hopefully no errant YouTuber has looked at this thread recently, but those three do seem like a safe bet since it's still Core.

Seeing a review of a set before LEGO officially reveals it is always hilarious, and this time we didn’t even get a proper leaked image before we saw the actual in-hand pictures.

The set looks really good. 

Agreed, I am loving the look of the ice dragon. It’s a beautiful creature and sort of reminds me of the massive bewilderbeast dragon from HTTYD 2, if anyone remembers that classic. The head especially. I also love the new wing parts, and the figs are great, and I’m even somewhat inclined to disagree with promobricks when they say it’s too expensive, I think for the size and detail of the dragon itself I think it’s worth it, but only just. 

16 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Promobricks has a review of the new Ice Dragon: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-ninjago-71786-eisdrache-review/151289/

Some interesting new parts, both Ninjago-specific (things like the dragon head and horns and blades) and presumably sourced from other themes (what looks like some new wheel arch pieces).

Ninajgo_71786_19.jpg

These new fenders might come in handy!