On 1/3/2023 at 10:52 AM, kbalage said:

"Competition" for TLG will be something meaningful if you will start to see more alternative building block toy boxes in regular toy stores than LEGO, until then it only affects a fraction of fans and they couldn't care less. 

In my local department store there's a shelf of 10 meters or so in length filled only with Lego, from top to bottom, and often other separate stands for certain themes, campaigns etc. The farther end of that shelf has maybe 1,5m wide section of other construction toys, not all even remotely compatible with Lego. Practically all supermarkets/department stores in whole of my country have similar distribution. So, at least here, Lego is still THE construction toy, nothing else compares even remotely.

I agree with @allanp, while Lego Technic is still unquestionable leader in its category, there's a significant untapped potential. This year's lineup looks pretty nice for the parts and extremely boring for the models. Unless the second half has some surprising goodies, I don't think there's anything for me to buy this year beside the smallest of sets (Snow groomer etc.)

On 1/3/2023 at 2:49 PM, 1gor said:

Unfortunately, the current trend of polishing sets is not very nice to see.  simplification of the sets is obvious-2018-42082 brilliant!  pure blood technician - mechanisms, multi-directional gearbox, actuators and retractable boom.  2021-42131-pathetic parody of a technician.  for the sake of appearance.  this is one of many examples of degradation ...

Unfortunately, the current trend of polishing sets is not very nice to see.  simplification of the sets is obvious-2018-42082 brilliant!  pure blood technician - mechanisms, multi-directional gearbox, actuators and retractable boom.  2021-42131-pathetic parody of a technician.  for the sake of appearance.  this is one of many examples of degradation ...

9 minutes ago, Danil said:

Well it is hard to please everyone, and even harder to reinvent the wheel; but i have similar thoughts, specially about new C+ sets...(OK Zetros IMHO looks decent, but price is killing me); also it kooks that cars have only different bodywork (if you can call that bodywork worhout elegance etc) and same mechanic (no matter 1:8, or smaller scales). it appears that only joy is in introducing new parts :wacko:

OK it's my opinion and to summorize, only interesting thing for me is if rumors about narrower rear suspension on Ford are true and CV joint with axle will appear...to enable me sturdier smaller scale Unimog front axle...

16 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Well it is hard to please everyone, and even harder to reinvent the wheel; but i have similar thoughts, specially about new C+ sets...(OK Zetros IMHO looks decent, but price is killing me); also it kooks that cars have only different bodywork (if you can call that bodywork worhout elegance etc) and same mechanic (no matter 1:8, or smaller scales). it appears that only joy is in introducing new parts :wacko:

OK it's my opinion and to summorize, only interesting thing for me is if rumors about narrower rear suspension on Ford are true and CV joint with axle will appear...to enable me sturdier smaller scale Unimog front axle...

Zetros seems to me to stand apart among the sets of recent years-👍. amazing set! Lego put experience 9398 (cross-country ability and concept), 42043 (appearance), 42099 (new electrics and planetary hubs) into it - perfect!

18 minutes ago, Danil said:

Zetros seems to me to stand apart among the sets of recent years-👍. amazing set! Lego put experience 9398 (cross-country ability and concept), 42043 (appearance), 42099 (new electrics and planetary hubs) into it - perfect!

only IMHO i like more PF elements (they are not "smart device" dependent)

43 minutes ago, 1gor said:

только ИМХО мне больше нравятся элементы ПФ (они не зависят от "умного устройства")

my preference is the mindstorm RI hub and buwizz 3.0

Edited by Danil

26 minutes ago, Danil said:

my preference is the mindstorm RI hub and buwizz 3.0

buwizz is not cheap one...despite i do not live far away from @Zerobricks; much closer than Mozambique anyway :wink:

17 minutes ago, 1gor said:

buwizz не из среды...несмотря на то, что я живу недалеко от@Zerobricks; все равно далеко ближе, чем Мозамбик :подмигивание:

😁I'm from Russia😁why Mozambique? The Kalashnikov assault rifle on the flag hints at where I really am.

where are you dear?

Edited by Danil

10 hours ago, Danil said:

😁I'm from Russia😁why Mozambique? The Kalashnikov assault rifle on the flag hints at where I really am.

where are you dear?

on your profile is written Mozambique :laugh:

As you can notice my Terrier is on blanket that is Croatian flag...

i have used AK47 in army service ...

May 1st 2023:

- 42156 Peugeot 9X8 Hypercar (18+) - 1775 pieces - 199.99$

Summer 2023:

- 42146 Liebherr LR 13000 (18+) - 2882 pieces - 449.99$

August 1st 2023:

- 42157 Skidder John Deere 948L-II - 1492 pieces - 170-180$
- 42158 NASA Perseverance Mars Rover - 1132 pieces - 89.99$
- 42159 TBA IP Vehicle (18+) - 1475 pieces - 240-250$
- 42160 Audi RS Q e-tron - 914 pieces - 159.99$
- 42161 Lamborghini Huracan - 806 pieces - 49.99$

14 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

May 1st 2023:

Summer 2023:

August 1st 2023:

What's your source? I'm really excited about the Perseverance rover, and I really hope that this isn't a false leak...

14 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So another small scale car? :-/

17 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Please be a Truck!

The John Deere Skidder is a must for me, the Rover could be cool. Never bought a RC car vehicle before, but the Audi may be a nice one...

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

May 1st 2023:

Summer 2023:

August 1st 2023:

7/7 licensed sets, and if true, the price per piece on most of them is absolutely ridiculous... 2023 is a waste for me. The Rover sounds somewhat intriguing at least... I'm hoping it includes some space related B-model too (lol)

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Gotta be RC in the size of Senna, Bolide and co??

Built a few 2023 sets - snow groomer, dumper, Dally - and I have some observations:

• 2L black pins are no longer a spare. Are they more expensive to produce?
  • Manual design sucks, especially for the Monster Jam sets - before, the books could be aligned to recreate the stadium scene, and now they obviously can't.

3 hours ago, Jundis said:

So another small scale car? :-/

Please be a Truck!

The John Deere Skidder is a must for me, the Rover could be cool. Never bought a RC car vehicle before, but the Audi may be a nice one...

sure, Deere (cable) skidder is tempting (we could assume that bigger Deere is coming because of new green 7 stud flip - flop beams), but except parts count, there is nothing we know about it; scale? if it is based on Xerion tires then it will be some 1:19 scale, if it is based on Zetros tires it will be about 1:25 scale. Does @Ngoc Nguyen have some additional info functions? dimensions?

59 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Built a few 2023 sets - snow groomer, dumper, Dally - and I have some observations:

• 2L black pins are no longer a spare. Are they more expensive to produce?

I've also noticed the lessening amount of spares. My speculation is that they have better counting machines at production facilities today than before. The spares were usually there because the counting machines weren't accurate enough, so they calibrated them to include an extra of the smallest parts, rather than have bags with missing parts.

18 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

The 948L-II isn't a cable skidder.

hm...here is shoowing me 948-II Cable skidder, but we'll see what will be at the end (or lately in summer)

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-motorola&sxsrf=AJOqlzXaCJvVqV4bB2wAyUCDt0xMCqN6eg:1673292471336&q=deere+948l+skidder&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiswO-anLv8AhVii_0HHbvUAOIQ7xYoAHoECAcQAQ&biw=360&bih=512&dpr=3

...but because I wasn't 100% sure, I have put term cable in brackets :wink:

Edited by 1gor

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

I've also noticed the lessening amount of spares. My speculation is that they have better counting machines at production facilities today than before. The spares were usually there because the counting machines weren't accurate enough, so they calibrated them to include an extra of the smallest parts, rather than have bags with missing parts.

I'm not sure. I have bought hundreds of sets, and until today I have never experienced any missing parts, or more parts than it should be, for that sake. Even the number of spares have been according to parts lists. Perhaps I have been lucky. My theory is that TLG adds these spares to ensure good experience for the customers. Imagine you're a kid in Xmas, and you can not finish building the set you got as a gift, because of a tiny piece is lost...

The Skidder would be a good set to add PU.  It could be fully RC with six functions and a four position gearbox, but given the price point, i think it’s more likely to have a dumb battery box, motor, and bi-directional gearbox (which I would prefer).  

47 minutes ago, kolbjha said:

Spares have usually been consistent with me as well. And up until now, there has always been at least one black 2L pin in the spares pool. I doubt it's a flub, considering it's occurred in three separate sets.

18 minutes ago, dhc6twinotter said:

but given the price point, i think it’s more likely to have a dumb battery box, motor, and bi-directional gearbox

IMHO that is most likely; or pure manual version? :look:

1492 parts could have been used for lots of details, although it has rough bonnet that can be done with several 5 x 11 and / or 3 x 11 panels (and guge strikers at the sides)

I am so looking forward to this: 42146 Liebherr LR 13000 (18+) - 2882 pieces - 449.99$

Although I've no idea where I'll put it!

1 hour ago, Lego Tom said:

I am so looking forward to this: 42146 Liebherr LR 13000 (18+) - 2882 pieces - 449.99$

Although I've no idea where I'll put it!

Easy, tiger. We don't even know if it's gonna come out.