MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

This new Swamp Speeder literally has less pieces than the new 501st battlepack…………

only guess is that this set includes named characters or droids.

I would say to keep expectations low, but I think the price point and piece count suggests we might likely get some big time figures. I think the Felucia clones are coming....maybe 2 with a Jedi as has been mentioned earlier and a droid. Or maybe one Jedi, one of those clones, 2 droids. Idk.

31 minutes ago, Gontron said:

So if the Swamp Speeder is at ~100 pieces for 25$ that puts it being barely bigger than the old battle pack version. If its that big then why not make it a battlepack at the point? 

It might well act as one. 

23 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

The Swamp Speeder PPP just seems extreme, even with the warnings of inflated prices we’ve been given. What seems like a barely battle pack worthy set now occupies an even higher price point? Either it has some large pieces or the minifigures will be that desirable, which I somehow doubt given the minimum leeway 106 pieces can provide.

I think it will be a mix of both as explanations for the price. Have to factor in Lego’s price hikes anyway. 

It has a pretty similar count to the SnowTrooper Battle Pack. So I’d expect something similar. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Could set 75354 that has 1083 pieces be a gunship? Is a gunship coming this year at all, I know the gunship is mere speculation but there should be one this year, could set 75345 be it?

I hope the atrocious swamp speeder PPP is due to having more figures than we're used to, but perhaps part of the atrocious PPP is down to a bunch of printed cloth pauldrons (if it is Felucia based then the 327th and Bly would want them), and/or new or returning moulds for some included droids (SBDs would be nice, not had them in ages and it was never a great mould). Maybe there's even some new arm printing (TSS Rex did have it uniquely), though I'd be surprised if so.

18 minutes ago, Matichado said:

Could set 75354 that has 1083 pieces be a gunship? Is a gunship coming this year at all, I know the gunship is mere speculation but there should be one this year, could set 75345 be it?

Doesn’t seem likely. If a Gunship was coming, it would be part of the confirmed listings we have already (plus it wouldn’t be slated for September). 

@ArrowBricks Agreed. Damn shame it’s not just a battle pack when considering that this sort of price point last year gave us Obi-Wan’s Delta-7, which was a solid set in my opinion.

Can’t help but feel some whiplash when comparing the past few summer waves to this one, the change in quality and diversity is jarring, but I’ll keep my hopes up for the set numbers that don’t have definite information just yet.

As long as we get at least a few solid winners this summer, I’ll live. It’ll be interesting to watch the inevitable interviews with the design team later this year to glean what drove these set choices. 

Edited by Kaijumeister

7 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Can’t help but feel some whiplash when comparing the past few summer waves to this one, the change in quality and diversity is jarring, but I’ll keep my hopes up for the set numbers that don’t have definite information just yet. As long as we get at least a few solid winners this summer, I’ll live.

I think one of the things we all need to get and have right now is perspective. 

There are still so many unknowns, unknowns in unknowns, and unknowns in knowns. 

We still have barely any information on Mando s3 May sets, 2 set numbers not yet attributed to a set name or theme, potential exclusives, 2 Ahsoka sets, unknown figures in the Swamp speeder and Yavin Temple, and of course, no pictures of all these stuff as well as the diorama’s, UCS sets and so forth. 

I think we can all agree that the Lego Star Wars team have had momentum given the increasing quality of summer waves, and this wave seems like a stop-gap from this progress. This wave (and the year more broadly) seems like a mesh of different styles of what ‘Lego Star Wars’ is and means. I smell opportunity for the future. 

But at the same time I’m quietly confident in the Mando s3 sets, and Ahsoka especially. What we know so far is testament to that theory: the sets seems safe. 

In fact I’m quietly confident about 2023 for Star Wars, if anything for the anticipation of so many different styles. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

@ArrowBricks For sure. The past few years have shown that sets based on the new shows are at least solidly done for the most part. As long as each year offers a little bit of something for everyone which is no small feat given the subsets of fans for different media, it won’t be so bad.

Edited by Kaijumeister

12 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

In fact I’m quietly confident about 2023 for Star Wars, if anything for the anticipation of so many different styles. 

Yeah, agree with this. Don't think any of this stuff is bad at all. Well aside from buildable Chewbacca.

21 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Doesn’t seem likely. If a Gunship was coming, it would be part of the confirmed listings we have already (plus it wouldn’t be slated for September). 

@ArrowBricks Agreed. Damn shame it’s not just a battle pack when considering that this sort of price point last year gave us Obi-Wan’s Delta-7, which was a solid set in my opinion.

Can’t help but feel some whiplash when comparing the past few summer waves to this one, the change in quality and diversity is jarring, but I’ll keep my hopes up for the set numbers that don’t have definite information just yet.

As long as we get at least a few solid winners this summer, I’ll live. It’ll be interesting to watch the inevitable interviews with the design team later this year to glean what drove these set choices. 

I beg to differ, I don’t think LEGO leaks work on popularity, the 501st battlepack was leaked after the AAT and Night Buzzard, also LEGO is well aware about the delays o popular sets, it happened with the 501st set, the AT TE, so I think they are setting it for September so they have no problems FAITH BROTHERS FAITH!

I always think it's finny and ridiculous when people get up in arms about PPP before even seeing what a set looks like as if PPP means ANYTHING without context. I would imagine the Swamp Speeder will use quite a few larger curved pieces and maybe it even has pieces in new colors, new molds, or even a couple printed pieces that would help justify the PPP.

I do have high hopes for it having 327th Clones if for no other reason than the new macrobinocular piece. Give us Bly, Aayla and 1 or 2 generic 327th and I'll be very happy.

Edited by ToaDraco

This is starting to sound like a solid lineup to me!! I’m absolutely over the moon about FINALLY getting a Yavin IV rebel base set. The $160 price point makes me optimistic, but I’m hoping it’s a really good representation covering both ANH and Rogue One.

20 minutes ago, Matichado said:

I beg to differ, I don’t think LEGO leaks work on popularity, the 501st battlepack was leaked after the AAT and Night Buzzard, also LEGO is well aware about the delays o popular sets, it happened with the 501st set, the AT TE, so I think they are setting it for September so they have no problems FAITH BROTHERS FAITH!

We didn't know it was a 501st battlepack but we knew an AT-RT and BARC Speeder combo set was coming iirc. It could happen in the same vein that its also a Muunilist 10 Gunship (not a 0% chance but I would bet 100 Cloud City Boba Fetts against it). 

11 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

This is starting to sound like a solid lineup to me!! I’m absolutely over the moon about FINALLY getting a Yavin IV rebel base set. The $160 price point makes me optimistic, but I’m hoping it’s a really good representation covering both ANH and Rogue One.

It’s only ANH sadly 

Overall so far I’ve been disappointed, but I think more information needs to come out before anyone can make a final consensus. There is definitely potential, but also like just why Lego… No one wanted a $200 Chewbacca or mechs.

Looks like a petty cheap second half of the year for me at this stage. I usually only collect Imperial stuff so Yavin is unlikely. $650 UCS set might hurt though if it's an MBS (I usually don't collect supersized ships).

Tons of potential MBS material from RotJ if they decide to go that way - Sail Barge, Jabba's Palace, Endor Bunker, Ewok Village - hell they could even do a DSII remake.

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

It’s only ANH sadly 

I know that's what the leaker said, but unless they actually know the full minifig selection we can't know 100% for certain. It could be like the Tantive IV and have one or two Rogue One figures sprinkled in with a SW77 selection.

@Renown @FoggyFate Sorry to be skeptical. But that's part of my job as moderator. Looking forward to seeing the pictures as some of these sets sound really good.

4 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

@Renown @FoggyFate Sorry to be skeptical. But that's part of my job as moderator. Looking forward to seeing the pictures as some of these sets sound really good.

All good, I’ll be glad when we see pictures too lol.

Uhmmmm remember the fake leaks last years by eurobricks? Uhmmm  I do know :/

i hope this is a real, but (SORRY mr.Foggy ) i'm skeptical 

Ps the leak of Yavin is made by Brickclicker, him post a another real leak for example 

I gotta say this Swamp speeder seems a bit dubious with such a low piece count? Are these sets actually confirmed or are they just as substantial as will o' the wisps 

Idk if this is allowed on here but I hate when YouTubers like republic studs goes around spreading these far out minifig pack rumors getting people hyped for nothing.

7 hours ago, Darkage_lego said:

Uhmmmm remember the fake leaks last years by eurobricks? Uhmmm  I do know :/

i hope this is a real, but (SORRY mr.Foggy ) i'm skeptical 

Foggy's claims have been vetted by reliable sources, they're happening and if they don't then that's because TLG have changed plans.

1 hour ago, QuietBricks said:

Idk if this is allowed on here but I hate when YouTubers like republic studs goes around spreading these far out minifig pack rumors getting people hyped for nothing.

The guy is shameful. Clickbait merchant. Never take what he says as gospel. Never. 

1 hour ago, QuietBricks said:

Yeah, but people have only themselves to blame if they fall for that sort of crap. I dislike those shameless charlatans as much as the next guy, but we cannot really stop them. What we need is more media compentency :shrug_oh_well:

Well...certainly a lot to catch up on from the weekend. 
Mechs, no thank you. 
Chewie, another pass
Yavin IV, sounds interesting but I am not enthused about the Y-Wing. Maybe a discount set. The number of figs based on the price is intriguing. 
Hope remains for Mando and Ahsoka sets. 

I really am interested in more of the unknowns (as I am sure we all are) plus the UCS sets (May and Fall). Really hoping for a good May one that I am interested in. Time will tell.