MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 minute ago, RODDY said:

Hopefully the Rebo means UCS Sail Barge, though my wallet would beg for mercy after all these leaks over the last week. 

Where in the world is this Max Rebo info coming from?

11 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Where in the world is this Max Rebo info coming from?

I just found out about it watching Brick Clicker’s latest video. 

2 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

Max Rebo minifig seems to be back in production. I can only see 1 scenario in which he'd be included: something to do with Jabba's sail barge. Now, whether that will be it's own set or maybe a part of the May the 4th GWP (maybe a part of the sail barge with Max in it) I'm not sure. Could be something else entirely. Glad he's back though, I don't have him yet and I'm not willing to shell out so much money for him on 2nd hand market

I know Max isn't one of currently rumoured figures for the Throne Room diorama, but in ROTJ he appeared in both the throne room and on the sail barge (I'd say more prominently in the throne room, depending on which edition of the film you watch), so a late inclusion in the diorama set is as possible as a hypothetical sail barge set.

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

I love that Han Solo carbonite is going back to being brick built. The original carbonite piece has to be one of my all time favorite Lego pieces. Accurate? Not quite but god am I being blinded by nostalgia. Hopefully the Rebo means UCS Sail Barge, though my wallet would beg for mercy after all these leaks over the last week. 

Lets hope it is an UCS Sail Barge and not just another regular scale version, we could finally see the full interior for it then.  Providing Lego goes down the same route as the AT-AT and Razor Crest.  I would find it strange if we got a new mould for Jabba to only get him in one set. 

47 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Lets hope it is an UCS Sail Barge and not just another regular scale version, we could finally see the full interior for it then.  Providing Lego goes down the same route as the AT-AT and Razor Crest.  I would find it strange if we got a new mould for Jabba to only get him in one set. 

Would love a full blown interior as well especially the kitchen area would be nice alongside a bunch of aliens to fill the barge. My biggest hope is that they fix the nose of the Barge and not make it so slanted and make it a bit more round like the 2006 one. The 2006 Barge is probably in my top five favorite Lego sets I just love the design so much, so a full blown $500 UCS Sail Barge with all the bells and whistles could be my new favorite. 

Throne room sounds mostly good, but I'm not sure about the brickbuilt carbonite Han. The stickered bricks for carbonite bounties in the Razor Crests were fine as they were just nameless background characters but Han is one of the main characters in the franchise, and there's already an existing mold for it.

7 hours ago, RODDY said:

Would love a full blown interior as well especially the kitchen area would be nice alongside a bunch of aliens to fill the barge. My biggest hope is that they fix the nose of the Barge and not make it so slanted and make it a bit more round like the 2006 one. The 2006 Barge is probably in my top five favorite Lego sets I just love the design so much, so a full blown $500 UCS Sail Barge with all the bells and whistles could be my new favorite. 

It's the only way that set can be done true justice.  I never understood how as time moves on Lego manage to make worse looking sets.  They did it with the latest MTT as well.:laugh:

Regarding the alleged Max Rebo minifig: There is a persistent rumour going around that one of the main characters in

Skeleton Crew

is going to be from the same species, just saying :laugh:

21 hours ago, RODDY said:

I just found out about it watching Brick Clicker’s latest video. 

Ok thanks. Just hasn't seen anything on it yet. I have him from the most recent sail barge and would love a UCS version to replace the old one.

54 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Regarding the alleged Max Rebo minifig: There is a persistent rumour going around that one of the main characters in

Hide contents

Skeleton Crew

That’s what I was sayin’ as well.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hide contents

Skeleton Crew

I suppose that makes more sense then.  I guess that throws my hopes away of an UCS Sail Barge.:laugh:  Although you would expect them to use the new Jabba mould for more than one set.

19 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I suppose that makes more sense then.  I guess that throws my hopes away of an UCS Sail Barge.:laugh:  Although you would expect them to use the new Jabba mould for more than one set.

Have there been any rumored price-points that would allow for a UCS Sail Barge? If I remember right, the highest has been $240, which doesn't seem high enough for a minifig-scale barge - the size I'm assuming they'd do for a UCS Jabba's barge.

23 hours ago, The Stud said:

That’s what I was sayin’ as well.

Whoops, hadn‘t seen your post! :blush:

2 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Have there been any rumored price-points that would allow for a UCS Sail Barge?

Nope. A $240 version is too small to be a proper UCS one and the „evidence“ for a Sail Barge set is flimsy at best to begin with :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Nope. A $240 version is too small to be a proper UCS one and the „evidence“ for a Sail Barge set is flimsy at best to begin with :tongue:

I feel it'd need to be closer to $350-$400 or so to be legit. Hoping there's a higher priced UCS for this fall, but on the other hand, it might be nice to have a break from the UCS Falcon/AT-AT/Razor Crest sort of sets we've been getting recently lol

9 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

[…] it might be nice to have a break from the UCS Falcon/AT-AT/Razor Crest sort of sets we've been getting recently lol

Agreed, it’s hard to keep up! As far as I‘m aware, we do have the full set lists for pretty much all the major themes, and no giant autumn set in sight! I hope it stays this way, I need a break :laugh_hard:

I may have noted this before, but I could see the $160 set this year being a Sail Barge for the 40th anniversary of ROTJ - similar to the $160 AT-AT for the ESB Anniversary and the $140 AT-TE which was originally for the AOTC anniversary in 2022. It would make sense with the last Sail Barge being $120 in 2013, and it would be a good opportunity to rerelease Max Rebo, use the Jabba mold, etc. 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed, it’s hard to keep up! As far as I‘m aware, we do have the full set lists for pretty much all the major themes, and no giant autumn set in sight! I hope it stays this way, I need a break :laugh_hard:

We always get a $400/$500 UCS though don't we?

I am really excited for Jabba's Throne Room! It's my most anticipated set of the year so far. (Together with the Indiana Jones sets :laugh:)

Edited by Yperio_Bricks

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Whoops, hadn‘t seen your post! :blush:

No worries, great minds think alike. :grin:

I'm glad to see Lego putting out some smaller D2Cs this year. It gets kinda overwhelming to catch up when there's 4-5 $350+ sets available at the same time. I really, really hope we get a large Mantis set (similar to the 2019 Tantive) as one of this year's two D2Cs, but I'm curious to see what the standard May 4th UCS will be if not that.

On 1/18/2023 at 12:24 AM, Clone OPatra said:

I still can't believe it's up to $20 US (or almost $30 AUD) for these little packs that used to be cheap.

And they're only under $30 for us at places like Kmart, with the actual price being $32.99 :cry_sad:

Bad Batch spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

Even though the latest ep was just filler, I'd love to see LEGO make a set from it, and it would be a great way for them to easily knock out a fig of Cid, plus new versions of Tech, Wrecker, and Omega, leaving only a couple of the Batch to be included in other/larger sets, leaving more room for villians and troopers.

Edited by AD_Bricks

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

No worries, great minds think alike. :grin:

I'm glad to see Lego putting out some smaller D2Cs this year. It gets kinda overwhelming to catch up when there's 4-5 $350+ sets available at the same time. I really, really hope we get a large Mantis set (similar to the 2019 Tantive) as one of this year's two D2Cs, but I'm curious to see what the standard May 4th UCS will be if not that.

Do we have a price for both UCS sets or something?  An Invisible Hand would be a good option Imo.  Shouldn't we expect an MBS this year instead of an UCS though? 

22 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Shouldn't we expect an MBS this year instead of an UCS though? 

Not necessarily, people assumed there would be one last year based on the 2018 and 2020 releases of Cloud City and the Cantina but we got the Razor Crest instead.