MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Seems as if most of the set will have anniversary plaques...I wonder what will determine what sets have exclusive figures and how wide this anniversary is e.g., summer sets with exclusive figures

The Tantive IV set can also connect when you buy more. 

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If they went to the trouble of a new mold, my guess is it's specific to him. 

If they moved Ultron’s ‘ears’ to the top half of the helmet, Malak’s jaw could be reused for Ultron as well. 

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

And Vader! This set went from not interesting me at all to a must-have! I just hope that Vader has the proper torso print. 

Talzin would be amazing! 

Talzin would be nice, but I dunno if she's *enough* compared to the others we know about: Fives and Malak are some of the most request star wars figs of all time. Could always be that the best leaked first and the rest aren't as interesting, but you never know.

3 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

Finally our chance to get Constable Zuvio!!

It's Zuvio-ing time! Still waiting for the long-awaited team up between Zuvio, Dexter Jettster, Chopper and AP-5, a GNK droid, and Hondo. 

But I can't see them doing a ST figure, I think they're gonna stick to the ancillary material we're unlikely to get actual sets with the figs from.

2 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Seems as if most of the set will have anniversary plaques...I wonder what will determine what sets have exclusive figures and how wide this anniversary is e.g., summer sets with exclusive figures

The Tantive IV set can also connect when you buy more. 

Awesome. I actually made something similar for the community moc wave I've been doing (Just the acclamator left, I'm almost done!), I wonder how similar it'll look to what lego's got:

Truth%20in%20Legends%207.png

So no doorway? 

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

If they moved Ultron’s ‘ears’ to the top half of the helmet, Malak’s jaw could be reused for Ultron as well. 

I guess, but Ultron's jaw has that part going up connecting to his "nose", whereas Malak's is a lot more like a bear trap or single metal plate.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Talzin would be nice, but I dunno if she's *enough* compared to the others we know about: Fives and Malak are some of the most request star wars figs of all time. Could always be that the best leaked first and the rest aren't as interesting, but you never know.

Doubt it, and I only say that because so much extra info about the other sets has been dumped just and they would have mentioned it surely. 

I can't wait to see the Future Star Wars Thread pop off over the next few days...I am sure you will be there!

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Still waiting for the long-awaited team up between Zuvio, Dexter Jettster, Chopper and AP-5, a GNK droid, and Hondo. 

You joke, but this would actually be really fun (especially if the GNK droid is Gonky!). 

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Awesome. I actually made something similar for the community moc wave I've been doing (Just the acclamator left, I'm almost done!), I wonder how similar it'll look to what lego's got:

So no doorway? 

I guess, but Ultron's jaw has that part going up connecting to his "nose", whereas Malak's is a lot more like a bear trap or single metal plate.

Looks great, but I am not surprised as I love your work. 

It has an exploding door feature apparently. 

2 minutes ago, starlego98 said:

Maybe in the droideka set we get another rare figure?

True, we didn't get new info on this 

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I can see that either being printed, or the ‘nose’ section being part of the upper helmet. 
BTW, this is just rampant speculation on my part, so as not to get our collective hopes up for new, unique, moulds for these anniversary Minifigs (Fives, for instance, can be made with existing pieces). 

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Tantive boarding sounds insane. I remember think we were guessing Vader and either 2 stories and a rebel fleet trooper or 2 fleet troopers and a stormie. But Captain Antilles, 2 of each and Fives!? 

Can't wait to hair what anniversary figs are in the other sets ( presumably more in the summer may some more in the other known sets but I'm guessing not). Hopefully Malak and Fives will get thier partners (Revan and Echo ( but not BB Echo, though Fives could also be paired with Tup or Krell or 99) but if not then I'm still hoping for crazy unexpected figs like Fives and Malak. Talzin would be my pick honestly or Rebel Kallus )

Would be a dream to get pre-citadel Echo and Revan but I don't think we'll see multiple obscure figs from Kotor & CW for the anniversary so chances r real low. 

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Tbh, im all over that R2-D2. I reckon it’s going to look really solid. 

I’m pretty sure we will see OT, PT, ST

I'm really not a fan of the R2 set since we just got the "UCS" version a couple of years ago for $200 and I assume this will just be a slimmed-down variant. However, the Malak figure is a real draw so I'll have to wait for Bricklink prices before deciding if its worth it. 

Darth Malak in the R2 set? Interesting choice :laugh:

Speaking of which: a thought recently crossed my mind: maybe the new R2 is like the 2021 Harry & Hermione figures, i.e., an upscaled version of the “minifig”? The price point would work, and that‘s pretty different from the 2022 model ^^

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

And Vader! This set went from not interesting me at all to a must-have! I just hope that Vader has the proper torso print. 

Agreed- it's crazy that we've never had a properly accurate ANH Vader. 

I'm not getting my hopes up too much though since the current Vader figures appear to be based on a mix of his OT appearances (no robes over the chestplate and his leftmost switch is red which suggests ESB/RotJ but there's a green button on his torso panel which is from ANH). 

17 minutes ago, CallumPears said:

We got one in the Rebels A-wing vs. TIE Advanced set. 

3 hours ago, CallumPears said:

I'm not getting my hopes up too much though since the current Vader figures appear to be based on a mix of his OT appearances (no robes over the chestplate and his leftmost switch is red which suggests ESB/RotJ but there's a green button on his torso panel which is from ANH).  

I apologize ahead of time for this random take, but if they're not going to do robes over his chest has anyone else wished they would do a chest armor mold to beef up Vader like they do with most inquisitors, a custom mold of his armor to give him more presence and height as a figure? I have been wondering about this since the Marrok figure and the other inquisitors we got with the Scythe.

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I can't wait to see the Future Star Wars Thread pop off over the next few days...I am sure you will be there!

Oh I have some ideas all right. I want to do an Ahsoka wave and a 25th anniversary wave, but I'm not even done with building the community wishlist wave I was supposed to do over the summer, and I've also wanted to try some transformers in-scale with 10302, I just don't have the time!

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

You joke, but this would actually be really fun (especially if the GNK droid is Gonky!). 

How dare you assume I would joke about our lord and savior Constable Zuvio?

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Looks great, but I am not surprised as I love your work. 

Thanks, I'm trying to get that Acclamator done so I can post the wave.

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I can see that either being printed, or the ‘nose’ section being part of the upper helmet. 
BTW, this is just rampant speculation on my part, so as not to get our collective hopes up for new, unique, moulds for these anniversary Minifigs (Fives, for instance, can be made with existing pieces). 

No, that's totally fair. I'm pretty confident that if they went to the trouble of doing a new mold for either character, it'll be one thats specific to one of the two, but you're right that we shouldn't expect Fives or any of the others to be chock-full of new molds.

35 minutes ago, Alex_South said:

I apologize ahead of time for this random take, but if they're not going to do robes over his chest has anyone else wished they would do a chest armor mold to beef up Vader like they do with most inquisitors, a custom mold of his armor to give him more presence and height as a figure? I have been wondering about this since the Marrok figure and the other inquisitors we got with the Scythe.

I personally really don't like this idea, though I get where you're coming from. I will say that in fairness I'm not a huge fan of characters like Marrok, who are more slender, having a bulky armor piece anyway, but I strongly feel that if Vader had a chest armor mold he would look much bulkier than vader really should. He's a tall guy, sure, but he's not as bulky as Wrecker, for instance.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

33 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I personally really don't like this idea, though I get where you're coming from. I will say that in fairness I'm not a huge fan of characters like Marrok, who are more slender, having a bulky armor piece anyway, but I strongly feel that if Vader had a chest armor mold he would look much bulkier than vader really should. He's a tall guy, sure, but he's not as bulky as Wrecker, for instance. 

Yeah, marrok really throws me, it's weird to have bulked up taller inquisitors when Vader towered over all of them, I still like him as a normal minifig, but over the years the number of bulked up figures has increased and Vader feels a bit smaller at times than he used to is all, but that's more on the issue of other figures being too big. I still think that his big helmet gives him enough height over other figures in most sets. This was also sort of my issue with Baylon, he is so big on-screen compared to other characters it was strange to see him as a minifig when marrok got the bulky armor piece.

Edited by Alex_South

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

We got one in the Rebels A-wing vs. TIE Advanced set. 

The Rebels Vader armour is slightly different from the A New Hope version. 

In Lego, we’ve gotten the Vader armour from ROTS, Rebels, and ESB/ROTJ. We’ve never gotten the version from A New Hope (which is the same as Rogue One, Kenobi, and Clone Wars) and we’ve also never gotten the version from Fallen Order.

Although the ESB/ROTJ version hasn’t appeared accurately since 2006, and the current version of Vader’s torso is accurate to nothing, because it is essentially the ESB/ROTJ design, but the blue button is swapped out for a green one seen on the previous (timeline-wise) non-Rebels Vaders.

27 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

The Rebels Vader armour is slightly different from the A New Hope version. 

I was referring to the robe-over-armour style. 

28 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Although the ESB/ROTJ version hasn’t appeared accurately since 2006, and the current version of Vader’s torso is accurate to nothing, because it is essentially the ESB/ROTJ design, but the blue button is swapped out for a green one seen on the previous (timeline-wise) non-Rebels Vaders.

And the red switch is on the wrong side for him to be RotS Vader! 

31 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

We’ve never gotten the version from A New Hope (which is the same as Rogue One, Kenobi, and Clone Wars) 

The Kenobi version is different from the ANH version (ANH has the robe over the armour, while Kenobi has the armour over the robe). The chest boxes are the same, though. 

Man, this all sounds too good to be true, so no offense to the leakers but I'm taking it with a grain of salt until we see some leaked product photos. Fives would be fantastic, Malak sounds great even if he comes in the $100 R2. My wife collects most of the $100 droids and characters so I'll get her R2 and keep the Malak figure as she doesn't have any interest in the character. The midiscale Leviathan sounds fantastic and even more enticing if it comes with Fives or a different collectable figure as I assume it will if the $100 R2 does. If they're willing to throw in Darth Malak and Fives as collectible figures in theses sets, I'm incredibly excited to see who else they're willing to include! I'll avoid speculation here but I definitely have some in mind that I would love to see.

Edited by ToaDraco

53 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Man, this all sounds too good to be true, so no offense to the leakers but I'm taking it with a grain of salt until we see some leaked product photos. 

@Renown is legit. 

54 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

The midiscale Leviathan sounds fantastic and even more enticing if it comes with Fives 

The Midi Leviathan was just speculation Re: Malak prior to our finding out about the anniversary Minifigs; Fives comes in the Tantive IV boarding set (along with Vader, Captain Antilles, and two each Stormtroopers and Rebel Fleet Troopers). 

With Invisible Hand leaking, I believe that leaves one diorama and possibly one buildable figure as the two remaining unknown adult sets next year. 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

@Renown is legit. 

The Midi Leviathan was just speculation Re: Malak prior to our finding out about the anniversary Minifigs; Fives comes in the Tantive IV boarding set (along with Vader, Captain Antilles, and two each Stormtroopers and Rebel Fleet Troopers). 

Well technically we are getting a midi-scale leviathan but it's a marvel leviathan, included with the Avengers tower.

12 hours ago, Batman1 said:

Does fives have a printed kamma like Rex? 

I wouldn't expect anything else, if it a version of Fives that wears a Kama.

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Speaking of which, Survivor Cal, PLEASE. This is our best chance to get the characters we otherwise never would. Mara, Starkiller, Kyle Katarn, Bane, the Shans, etc

Under my own "probably going to be super iconic/visually interesting characters" we won't get this but MAN i would kill for it. I've got a custom using Kallus's head on Lobot's body with some different hair, but an official fig would be excellent.

Nah survivor Cal would just be reuse of Yavin Luke's torso. ( I kid because that's what I wear in game) But in all seriousness because his Jedi survivor look is so customisable I think it is less iconic, so I think they'd be better off going with one of his main Fallen Order looks, personally I'd like Bracca scrapper.

Also you can't expect me to not ask for Kallus, I mean look at my username and avatar :grin: His imperial look with the helmet is more iconic so maybe that, and I do think they got the colours wrong last time. I'd also rather the season 2/3 imperial look because it is slightly different and a face print with a black eye and a smug face after Thrawn exposes him as Fulcrum would be :thumbup::thumbup:. Giv him a glowing grey and yellow rock too ( it can be just a trans yellow stud on a grey stud.

I mentioned Kallus and Talzin as my Top 2 picks but since no-one has mentioned him let's say Durge too.

And I mean I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm also getting into the high republic (read high republic 4 books since August) but whilst I'd like Vern or something I think I'd rather they used these slots for somebody else as we are sure to get high republic stuff for the accolyte.

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's Zuvio-ing time! Still waiting for the long-awaited team up between Zuvio, Dexter Jettster, Chopper and AP-5, a GNK droid, and Hondo. 

But I can't see them doing a ST figure, I think they're gonna stick to the ancillary material we're unlikely to get actual sets with the figs from.

So no doorway? 

Talzin is more iconic than most characters outside of the shows and movies.

As for ST material I really think they might, especially if they are trying to represent the history of star wars. If new moles are on the table I'd say Sidon is the most logical choice. And technically considering ancillary material he is in Resistance more than the movies, I mean only one episode of resistance in a minor role but still more screentime than the movie. 

Hondo is a fair shout. I wonder if there was a most desired fig poll at one point that they are using for this? Probably not. I also wonder if they will try and be even between eras or if it'll mostly be CW figs. ( as that show has the most episodes and is one of the most popular star wars things that is isn't very well covered ( I know it gets lots of sets but again most episodes).

Mara Jade is another fair shout ( and if I remember correctly it was you who recommended those books to me in the first place!) But I'm not sure how likely they are to do characters from non-visual mediums. 

11 hours ago, starlego98 said:

Maybe in the droideka set we get another rare figure?

Maybe Sidon here just because they've been places were the characters don't fit at all ( so it's more obvious that they are anniversary figs I guess), because almost any prequel era characters would make sense with a droideka.

10 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Would be a dream to get pre-citadel Echo and Revan but I don't think we'll see multiple obscure figs from Kotor & CW for the anniversary so chances r real low. 

I get what you are saying but we really don't have a big enough sample size to make such conclusions, I mean if it's highly requested fan desired figs then most of those are from CW. And Revan is Revan, I mean like the main guy(/gal because character creator in game), I'm not gonna expect Mission Vao or Calo Nord. And if they wanted Revan to be different from the existing one ( that I don't have anyway :cry_sad:) then they could do the white robes look.

Edited by Agent Kallus
Sorry thought they'd merge.

So Renown said that there was another clue they could give that would “put the cat among the pigeons” which would suggest controversy - I wonder if there’s any characters that wouldn’t be wanted in Lego form by most of the people on this forum? 

It’s promising that there’s no hint of variants of already existing characters so far - maybe all the anniversary figures are characters who haven’t been done before? 

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

So Renown said that there was another clue they could give that would “put the cat among the pigeons” which would suggest controversy - I wonder if there’s any characters that wouldn’t be wanted in Lego form by most of the people on this forum?

TBH I assumed it was just Malak being with R2 rather than a fig scale set.

3 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It’s promising that there’s no hint of variants of already existing characters so far - maybe all the anniversary figures are characters who haven’t been done before? 

Ohh, saying it like that, slave leia!