MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

It's cool that the clone battle pack is a kinda like a remake of the original two battle packs. Not too sad to not have any star corps clones. With the macrobinoculars piece I feel like getting a set with Commander Bly i just a matter of time.

4 hours ago, Alex_South said:

Jang's reviews are starting to drop and IMO he has always had the most holistic view on Lego since he reviews most of their other lines.

Jang brought up a great point about the limitations of initial D+ waves: Lego can't control their leaks and so they have limited access to show details, and are given the least consequential sets to make first based on rough concept art. Huyang's coloring really supports this, also it's clear at this point that the E-wing set was based on two ships of little consequence in unrelated scenes. I doubt they will be featured beyond the scenes they were already in. The more juicy stuff will be in the back half of the season, and it's fair speculation that it may lead to a large capital ship set, but we will know more in a few weeks.

It's no guarantee that we will get more ahsoka sets and even if we do, it's anyone's guess which minifigs will get re-used, if any. But also waiting on sets is never risky since we tend to get plenty of warning before a set retires. With that in mind I will pass on the E-wing set, I think the odds are decent that we will get 2-3 of the main villains in a better set down the road. The only must have for me is the Ghost, even if they made a UCS version I wouldn't have the budget or shelf space for it, and the play-set version seems as good as its ever going to get.

And then I am torn on the T-6: there was a much better version of this ship in the 140-160 price range, and I am entirely buying it for figures. From reddit posts it does seem to display ok next to the ghost, and it seems like it will remain an iconic ship moving forward. I dunno

I'd expect to maybe see another set from Ahsoka that has Thrawn and some characters that may be seen in the second half of the season, probably with an Ezra. But I wouldn't expect to see the other Ahsoka figs (other than maybe Ahsoka herself) in future Ahsoka sets, if we do get future Ahsoka sets. 

I like the sound of the „BP“, even though there‘s nothing really new included :shrug_oh_well: And yeah, I kinda wish it featured a Clone with yellow markings as another nod to the original 2007 BPs

I think the lack of a 327th is more due to the weird print "no-go" area around the base of the fin which would make a 327th helmet either have a very thin vertical stripe or a very wide stripe with larger white areas in it :shrug_confused:. I guess it could be they index it there so they know the helmet is pointing the right way but it still doesn't make much sense to me. 

I am planning on buying this to army build shiny P2s, so its still a win, especially because of the droids!

2 hours ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

I'd expect to maybe see another set from Ahsoka that has Thrawn and some characters that may be seen in the second half of the season, probably with an Ezra. But I wouldn't expect to see the other Ahsoka figs (other than maybe Ahsoka herself) in future Ahsoka sets, if we do get future Ahsoka sets. 

Yeah that makes sense, in the past they have done it a few times with Gideon's Cruiser or the Justifier, but its never guaranteed, For now I will definitely hold off the E-wing, if we get to the end of 2024 without and it's looking like the only way to get those 3 characters I will reconsider but for now I will wait and see.

9 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

3x Phase II Shiny Clone Trooper, 1 x Phase II Clone Shock Trooper, 3x Super Battle Droid, 2 x Battle Droid 

It will have a speeder that can seat two clones, a “defensive post”, a STAP, and an Octuptarra Tri-Droid. 

Yes! P2 Shinies, and an inexpensive way of getting Shock Troopers! Also, I am fairly sure that at least one of us correctly guessed the build lineup (thanks @Renown for the clues!). 

8 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I think this might be one of those things we look back on as evidence for a 212th battle pack in the future. 

The fourth Clone in the ‘07 pack was a 327th, not a 212th. That said, I fully expect a 212th pack soon, since the main four Clone units/types are 501st, 212th, Shinies, and Shocks; we have all four now, but we still need an updated Airborne Trooper (the one in Grievous’ starfighter had a cloth kama rather than the printed ones that LEGO has evidently committed to). 

8 hours ago, HatBricks said:

With the macrobinoculars piece I feel like getting a set with Commander Bly i just a matter of time.

I agree - Maybe in an AT-AP or AT-OT? 

5 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

I think the lack of a 327th is more due to the weird print "no-go" area around the base of the fin which would make a 327th helmet either have a very thin vertical stripe or a very wide stripe with larger white areas in it. 

I can see us getting something like the 332nd Troopers, with a small gap between the fin and the point. Annoying, but no less accurate than other things that we have gotten. 🫤

The Battle Pack sounds fantastic, seems to be really packed, and the price isn't too bad either.

Also, apparently, the Tantive IV Boarding set comes with Darth Vader, two Stormtroopers, and two Rebel Fleet Troopers. 

At this rate, the only clone commander and variant needed to be remade in modern phase 2 design is wolfpack and kashyyyk troopers right? Are there other battalions we could see? What kind of sets could they show up in?

1 hour ago, SCREDEYE said:

At this rate, the only clone commander and variant needed to be remade in modern phase 2 design is wolfpack and kashyyyk troopers right? Are there other battalions we could see? What kind of sets could they show up in?

Geonosis clones…anyone? 

18 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Those were P1, not P2. 

We had P2 geonosian battlepacks when the six stud shooter launched.

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yes, but the design is non-Canon. 

With a Coruscant Guard Gunship, I think most things are on the table.

Currently working on an article that should answer some of your questions, I’ll let you know more when it’s done.

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

With a Coruscant Guard Gunship, I think most things are on the table.

True, but that is just obscure, not entirely non-Canon and non-Legends. 

2 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

There's the 327th Star Corps Clone Troopers. We haven't seen these guys since 2007 while Commander Bly has yet to appear in a set.

sw0128a.png

There's also the BARC Trooper that was last seen in 2014.

sw0524.png

Finally there's the 442nd Siege Battalion Clone Trooper. This one doesn't actually appear in the movie (they did have CGI models for them) but it would still be nice to get a modern remake of it.

sw0129.png

2 minutes ago, wesker said:

Mygeeto clones would be nice too. Id want wolfpack to feature first before anything else.

Tbh after this super pack they need save all these different clone battalions for regular sets and leave battle packs for other factions. Especially as they are doing like 1 every 6 months at the moment. There are so many CIS, Rebel, New Republic, Imperial, Mandolorian battle pack potential they just need to vary it a bit. 

7 minutes ago, Llewop said:

Tbh after this super pack they need save all these different clone battalions for regular sets and leave battle packs for other factions. Especially as they are doing like 1 every 6 months at the moment. There are so many CIS, Rebel, New Republic, Imperial, Mandolorian battle pack potential they just need to vary it a bit. 

To be honest, I agree. I think it’s the perfect time to start releasing two battle packs per year, or atleast a Battle Pack and some Blister packs.

I remember the days of 4 battle packs…this current time seems more akin to needing that structure than back then when it was implemented. 

Agreed on the clones oversaturating the battle packs. I have definitely liked them so far but I don't really see why we need so many and so close together? Like if they are going to do two battle packs in one year like they did this year, why were they both just clones? I get not wanting to do droids since they are not that hard to get, but any of the factions suggested above would be great. Honestly it feels like we're very overdue for a new Rebel battle pack, but maybe they just aren't popular enough for one?

I love this pack, I'm very happy to get both one of my favorite legions cheap in the Shock Troopers AND finally get a massable amount of P2 shinies. Will definately pick up at least 2. However, I think this needs to be the last clone battlepack for at least a year and a half or so. We've had so many. Let's get something for the empire, or rebel endor or fleet troopers, maybe even First Order.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Let's get something for the empire, or rebel endor or fleet troopers, maybe even First Order.

I’ve always preferred concurrent battle packs, I don’t think it’s time to stop churning out legions but I don’t think it should be at the expense of others. 

Man, this clone/battle droid pack sounds absolutely amazing. The builds may be a bit underwhelming due to their diminutive size (I am happy to finally have some STAPs in my collection though), but this is arguably an even better army builder than 75280 because you're able to build up both factions and the clones included are less specific than the 501st Legion. Being able to easily build up P2 shinies and also having a cheaper option to get some Coruscant Guard/Shock troopers is huge. It's also nice to be able to get 3 Super Battle Droids in this set alone after not getting any in eight years and more B1s are always nice. I ended up with 15 copies of 75280 (actually 16 but I recently gave one to a friend) and I think I'm going to want to get even more copies of this set if it's as good as it sounds.

As for the battle pack discussion, I also hope to see Lego starting to give us more. Getting two this year versus one (2022) or none (2021) was nice, even if they were both clone troopers. Really, besides some of the ridiculous prices, not getting a lot of small sets (particularly small sets that are actually good) has been one of the biggest weaknesses with modern Lego Star Wars. If ever there was a time to be doing four battle packs a year, it's now.